47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ game april 2013 hear we are almost a year later.Be happy if you get your game in the first half of 2015
Post edited by ek77

how many people they got working over at JJP?

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yes tell us all your vast knowledge.

obviously you havent got the answer chief.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Does anyone know if Jack has gotten the most important part of his company up and running the grunts you pay $15 to $20 dollars a hour for manufacturing. In all the factory tours or pics I could find there were never more then a few guys building games.With the Stern Williams and more the factories were full of workers.
This was the start about the workers as you can see it was posted as a question not fact

i guess no one knows.

the production line wasnt exactly brimming with workers in the factory pics i seen. maybe it was knock off time or something : P

1 week later
#558 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

display setup and looks are much better than WOZ. I like where it's heading. Might have to get one when you guys start dumping your games for the next new game you havn't played.

...and have paid in full for.

1 week later
#938 10 years ago

anything been mentioned about voice/callouts? anyone 'significant' doing 'em.
if it was mentioned earlier, or another thread, apologies.

1 month later
#1262 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Totally agree.
Never going to read this thread again till Santa has delivered my present coming Christmas

Christmas 2016, not too far away.

#1265 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After owning a WOZECLE for 6 months I can say that I don't mind waiting for their next machine. Hopefully though we don't have to wait that long. I do think that the software for The Hobbit will be more complete than WOZ's code at launch.

ill wait till a distributor has it in stock to sell... but yes i agree, about the software.

11 months later
#6238 8 years ago

so whats the story here, any updated news / status on production ?.

#6243 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Jack said that back in January... it has been many months now..

so how often does JJP give updates, news, info and status on the hobbit? just to keep the purchasers at least up to speed on where they are at?.. you know transparency, involvement etc ? all the good things... we expect from a manufacturer.

#6251 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

This is my main complaint with JJP - they are very closed mouth. The wait wouldn't be so quite bad if they'd give a progress report every week or so.

well yeah its not too much to ask really. give your loyal /and patient customers something back.

EDIT: what are reasons, people are preferring the smaug SE over the LE ? i mean... im not seeing it.
unless the dinero difference is not a lot between the two ? i actually prefer the cab artwork on the LE. personally.

#6271 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Really. I'm fifty and my nutsack is starting to look like Turkish taffy in July.

LOL !!

#6272 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Yup, different tastes. I had the option to go SE when it was offered and kept the LE. Way too much Smaug and red for me on the SE. I feel the LE is way better than SE. It's all about preferences. I'm glad we had options.

yep, the Hobbit is about all 3 movies, not just smaug. Id rather the LE, without a doubt. Much like TWD i guess. I prefer to see cast members on the cabinet, rather than just a bland box type pic.
so premium TWD for me. As above, its all personal taste.

#6275 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I am switching from SE to LE..
You see the trim a lot more than the side art. Unless you have 2 pins there is too much Smaug in the SE.
On top of that I don't get how adding gold to a red dragon is a good thing. I understand the composition complaint on the LE but this is not a poster you are going to be staring at. LE package just feels right (to me).

too much Team Smaug on the SE, i agree... the Hobbit is not just about a dragon.

and i want cabinet art to reflect that.

#6290 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I have a feeling I will get the call in late Aug.

you didnt mention the year . j/k

what is the $ difference between LE and SE .

#6292 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If preordered before Dec 2014 it was not additional charge. Currently the LE is 8500 and the SE is 9000

ok thanks.

1 week later
#6361 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I may be interested in taking over a spot for someone. Now, do I need to pay it all up front, or when it is delivered? Thanks all!

as mentioned by another poster, you would just catch up with the particular stage of payments. theres a couple on the for sale thread. good deals too...

#6375 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LOTR has the advantage because those films are so much better

i preferred the LOTR movies, but that doesnt mean the pin is better.

Having said that, The Hobbit will have to be pretty damn good to be anywhere near LOTR, the pin. imo of course.

1 week later
#6483 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Alright already, when are we going to start seeing these games?

well someone earlier said late summer (2015) shipping ? so wheres that grain of salt.
edit: or was that when production starts....

#6504 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I now think that the overall feel will just be to dark with not enough variation, and also a bit dragon overkill, perhaps?

definately.... The Hobbit is more than just smaug. LE every day of the week for me...

1 week later
#6597 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

for those to lazy to look it up
hobbit_matrix.JPG

for me, the LE at least.... its got enough extras over the standard to make it worthwhile.

#6764 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why? It's not like I don't have a complete understanding of what the car is, and what it is not. This is 100% pure unadulterated muscle! Nothing like it. Did I mention 707 horsepower from the factory?
I've owned plenty of great handling cars, like the Lotus Exige S and a Porsche Spyder (and a Third Gen RX-7 before those). Great fun! Love the handling of both of those cars. Both will *easily* out handle the Hellcat. Duh.
But neither one of them has anywhere close to the raw power that the Hellcat delivers. If you don't think that kind of raw power can't give you as much of an adrenaline rush as a slower but great handling car, I don't know what to tell you.
» YouTube video

a friend has a weistec supercharged E63 AMG... around the 850hp.
wanna take him on?

sorry back on topic, apologies.

2 weeks later
#7192 8 years ago

the game looks great, a lot of work has gone into it. love the theme.
ill wait till its at a distro somewhere, and out there, before tieing money up for quite a while..
no real need to advance pay money and get it no quicker...

and yeah, what was taylors resolve on his pf issue ?

2 months later
#8606 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

the independent drop targets and the interactive dragon.

whats the dragon do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=ledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.