47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1689 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good call. I'm glad somebody mentioned the cheap crap Stern uses on their games.

Yep. We can't have a proper JJP thread without some Stern bashing.

#1696 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't mean to bash Stern, and I apologize that it came across that way. I love their machines, and will buy the next one they put out whose theme and gameplay I like. I was simply drawing comparison between the cheap bumper caps vs. the sculpted ones JJP uses. Not a fanboy thing at all - I love pinball...especially when it's done right!

That's cool. I'm just really tired of the tit for tat JJP/Stern stuff. These companies and machines all have their strengths and weaknesses independent of each other. Cool stuff and room for improvement all around.

EDIT: I do want to add that I'm very excited for both TH and TWD. This is probably the first time that two new pins are legitimately battling for my money. Very likely I'll buy one of these.

#1704 9 years ago
Quoted from jsrfo:

I generally try to stay out of the swill on these threads, and made no mention of any brand or manufacturer purposely, nor did I state anything negative towards any manufacturer or game.

You mentioned Stern, and quoted "dimestore toys and action figures" from my post in the same breath. Maybe you want to think about that. They're your words, no one else's.... You drew that conclusion.

Ahh... no. Clear as day who you were talking about.

#1706 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I agree this shouldn't turn into a Stern vs JJP fest but since TH and TWD LE are selling for about the same price, I think it's natural to make comparisons as information is revealed.
Not for the purpose of bashing but to help each company understand why and where we are choosing to spend our money.
Hopefully, the end result is a better pinball machine for us.

Yeah but there's a big difference between comparing features and trotting out the same old fanboy BS.

#1716 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Unfortunately, oftentimes it seems like when people compare features they get accused of "trotting out the same old fanboy BS". Maybe it's in the way they are saying it?

I agree. It can be a fine line. But when people pull out stock arguments that have nothing to do with the subject at hand, like "Walmart toys" and "Missed deadlines," to me it reeks of fanboy bs.

Quoted from Jvspin:

To me, saying that it looks like TH has way more "stuff" in it than the competition at a similar price point is fact, not fanboy BS. Since I value this, I'm more likely to cut JJP some slack in other areas and may use it as a reason why others should give them a break as well.

If everyone presented their arguments in the manner you have above these threads would probably never deteriorate the way they do.

#1724 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, and the fact that we could go through any game ever made and pick apart individual toys, plastics and mechanisms for likes and dislikes.

Yep. I was just playing my Addams Family and thinking how much of an uproar the phone plastic would cause nowadays.

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from jsrfo:

I really tried to recant my snarky/snide remarks about Stern's toys to the point where they did not need to be snarky and snide.

Quoted from jsrfo:

Whether someone thinks the toys Stern uses look like the stuff a three to eight year old boy plays with or not is up to that person.

#1732 9 years ago
Quoted from jsrfo:

I can't get out of my own way on this, can I? I fall on my sword....

I'll be honest though. That last one cracked me up. You really made an effort, and then...

8 months later
#6208 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

MSRP for KISS LE is $8795

The only thing worse than preordering is paying retail.

3 months later
#8047 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There is still drama here about JJP as about 6 or so Pinsiders can't stand that JJP surpassed everything Stern has ever built with their first game.

Yep. The fact that Jack's big show yesterday was a complete bust in regards to Hobbit news has nothing to do with today's drama. It's all because 6 Pinsiders have different taste in pinball than you.

Sorry, but just like Stern with their QC and code issues, JJP creates their own drama.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=krupa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.