47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9841 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

How many have made deposits? I put my deposit down long ago, but haven't heard anything. Surely they don't have 1000 deposits. I should have gotten notice by now, but when I've enquired about delivery of my machine, the response was "good question".

Call/email Jen. She can give you an approximate timing. Last I saw a week ago, they were still fulfilling December 2012 orders ... people are still receiving Smaugs, so it is still the early orders. But ... she told me mine should be near the end of Sept and I ordered a little less than a year ago. So yours should be soon if it was ordered between December 2012 and late last year.

#9848 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I have no problem with the wait because I'm hoping my game will arrive with all the known issues fixed!

I'm with you on that thought. But now that it sounds like all the quirks are worked out and fixed, it is getting harder to be patient. If I wasn't told that my LE with my number picked out on it would ship in a month or so, I'd switch to a current Smaug (with the fixes) from one of the distributors.

1 month later
#9866 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

same response i received ( about the sept delivery)

Me three. Hopefully they get that production line rolling again with the toys.

#9912 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

What are the reaction to the black arrow SE?
I really want a hobbit game, but I wanted the Smaug SE. But that is too late. The Black arrow looks perfect.
I guess there isn't much of a shock to the owners, as it was with the woz 75.

I played the black arrow version 4 times at expo. I still like the LE better for looks. The plain blackout (like black ink) just isn't as good looking to me. Still waiting for my LE though. The black flippers and black balls ... just too weird. Not necessarily a bad weird. The silver ball with all the reflections seems better. You kind of loose the black ball a bit with it speeding around.

I don't play TH enough to know the code differences with the update. I only see them at shows.

Off topic a bit ... I like the Escalera stair climber that was at the show. I REALLY want to get one before my Hobbit arrives. The Hobbit sounds like one heavy pin. Not super easy for this old guy and his son to get pins in my basement ... and eventually back up. But man ... those are expensive. Might have to rent it out or something to make back some of the cost to make it worth it.

A Dialed In might come next year for me. Played that and liked it too. It's a different animal - a cool one. Blinders on for my TH to arrive.

#9913 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Except the presentation made it sound like they threw out the old platform?

In the "Deep Dive", they said it was the exact same hardware guts (CPU and "stuff in the metal box) as the Hobbit and later WOZ's. They said it might be a newer CPU by the time it goes into production ... board manufacturer dependent.

I think they just wanted to change it up a bit from the stereotypical JJP (so far) and get out of that mode of game to win over some of the JJP haters. I got that inflection from the presentations.

#9915 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

An Escalera will help big time with moving a pin like TH into a basement. Without an Escalera I would not have felt comfortable moving my LE into the basement. An Escalera is expensive but it has come in handy multiple times already with moving games in and out of the basement. You can also use an Escalera to help move things like fridges, washers / dryers, tool chests, etc in and out of the basement.
What I did to help bring the down the cost of buying an Escalera is split the cost with a friend as I knew we would never be using it at the same time.
If you end up buying or renting an Escalera I would recommend the following.
1. Do a couple dry runs without a game going up and down your basement stairs to acclimate yourself with using it.
2. Ensure that the rubber "feet" of the Escalera will catch each step going down as otherwise it can slip down a step suddenly.
3. Have a second person gently brace the Escalera as it goes down the stairs and have them check that the rubber feet will grab the stair (operator cannot see this).
4. If you buy an Escalera I would recommend a second strap towards the top of the device
5. Big wheel attachments seem unnecessary if you plan to only move pins on concrete, solid floors and carpet

Thanks for the input. Your making me lean towards getting it before my TH arrives.

4 weeks later
#10038 7 years ago

Woohoo! Just got "the call" from Jen that my THLE is shipping today - no early call that it is on the line for me! Now if I can just get that Escalera that I ordered a couple of weeks ago shipped in time. My wife (a avid pinhead too) does not know that I bought the TH yet. She does know about the Escalera though - she pushed me to get that. This will either be a good surprise or a begging for forgiveness surprise. It was supposed to be a birthday surprise for her back in June, but ...

Excited for the pin, but nervous for the "surprise" response.

Order date for my LE was in late Oct 2015 (a little over a year ago), so they must be catching up ... at least with the LE's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.