47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-from-pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 10 years ago

Nice update, for speculation realizing this is an incomplete whitewood, where does the ball go when it get's behind either of the upper flippers (looks like a spidey sense shot intended or not is possible)?

1 year later
#7975 8 years ago

It was an interesting event...I was there between 10 and 2pm.....many thanks for the hospitality to JJP.

Played Hobbit once and WOZ twice. I actually wanted to leave with a WOZ, but the price wasn't right. I've been in with a preorder of WOZ since the early days - switched to Hobbit instead late in the game (kids love the Hobbit) - so JJP has had my payment for a long time.

Today was the first day I ever saw a JJP game in person - wow WOZ is aesthetically awesome and loaded with features and toys. I love the rich colors on the field art and the lights - really well done.

I did not know about the chat pictured above....didn't see it announced.....maybe I missed it.

My kids enjoyed it! Talked to a couple JJP folks here and there - no Hobbit news shared. I am hoping there is a surprise or two left on the Hobbit - guess time will tell.

#8009 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you disappointed with Hobbit? Seems kind of odd that you didn't play the game you ordered more, was it just mobbed with people?

Hobbit had the longest line going (there was only one setup). I had the feeling that there wasn't much more to learn on the game in that type of environment (we all had Smaug MB in our first game). My guess is that the LCD is going to be a big part of this game versus multiple playfield toys - so I'm looking forward to seeing how it is integrated into gameplay. Questions marks for me right now are that kickback (windlance thing) and the third flipper - I don't know if we were using it properly (we just pushed the button) - but if that has to feed the third flipper for the "killshot" it will need to be extremely reliable - that would be my only question mark.

The game also looks ripe for one of those 'last minute' feature surprises like the WOZ crystal ball - guess time will tell there.

If there were a few of them setup, I know we would have logged more plays and I could give you better feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-from-pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=john-from-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.