47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 10 years ago

Really nice!
I have zero doubt TH will be a great pin. Will it be ready exactly on time? Who knows, but I am confident it will be a smoother ride than for the WoZ preorders.
Congrats to those who with faith and $$ who already preordered...

2 months later
#937 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Probably the most negative post EVER

I don't read RobT's post as negative. Tend to agree with this comment that not much may be learnt from this whitewood videos. I am not sure JJP should have released them. Assuming I was considering ordering the Hobbit, I do not see how these videos would convince me. Not saying the final product will be bad - it may be awesome -.

2 months later
#1326 9 years ago

Looks great!

3 months later
#1673 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think these will be just fine in light of the following:

- we are looking at them in isolation, close up, from one photograph, taken at one angle, and not in the game

This.

That's the drawback of revealing small things, one at a time. Waiting to see how it looks on a populated PF.

2 months later
#2446 9 years ago

Very nice!
Fantastic improvement when compared to the original version (the side by side comparison is cruel for the old one).
Great reaction from JJP.

#2479 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Here is one that's less cruel to the old one.

Good point - much better comparison!

(Still find the new version way better)

#2769 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya. In my opinion stop and go games like WOZ can be just as fun as the fastest games out there.

+1
I have no horse in that game, and in JJP in general, but as of today I would choose WOZ over the Hobbit without hesitation. I played WoZ and liked it. I will try to buy one later.

I have not seen enough from the Hobbit to be convinced. Open PF with Trolls, multiple drop targets and a central double ramp: seems like mixing WPT, Fish tales and MM. And you would have a hard time convincing me a widebody format is required there. I tried to love the gameplay from the latest video but simply could not. But there is hope as code can be (should be) great, artwork has already been improved...

#3096 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That was the least fun pin that I have played in a very long time. The layout is terrible. The ball exiting the pops caused a SDTM drain about a third of the time. The prison magnet is stupid. I got several SDTM drains from the magnet releasing the ball. Ball is in the pops far too much. Theme implementation is absolutely horrible.

(talking about TWD again, sorry for hijacking that thread).

Good to know I am not alone: I had the exact same impression. I put some games on it, and had the same issues. Finally walked away to play Mustang and Star trek which were far more fun.

This game will need some adjustments to become enjoyable (not talking about code). My trouble is that no Op around will perform them... So most games on location will remain bad.

2 weeks later
#3335 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Iron pyrite base

Stop killing the Poetry with technical terms You won't see many customer askin for an Iron Pyrite finish... Still gold to us. Fool's gold may be, but Gold nevertheless...

JJP: I am impressed. Congrats for reacting so fast to harsh criticism. With good (perhaps great - can't tell until I see it for real) artwork and Keefer on board, this game could be (will be) great.

#3468 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Name one widebody that is a fast playing game?

Full Throttle (Yes, I played it)

1 month later
#4291 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

unless your special

I am

Specials2.jpgSpecials2.jpg
#4307 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I counted 35 hexagons in the grid.

I had to double check
That's correct...

2 weeks later
#4501 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Since JJP did not meet their "contractual obligation"; I wonder what the penalty is?

$1?

I would not be surprised if that "obligation" was actually suggested by JJP. Remember back then the delays with WoZ. How could you convince potential buyers who could pre-order the Hobbit that this would not happen again?

Contractual obligation.

3 weeks later
#4685 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I think Skit-B is in the process of putting the final nails in the coffin of (multi-year) pinball prepayment....

With some help from JPop...

#4793 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

Panzer, Leave that body

2 weeks later
#5123 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Watching this game progress makes me REALLY wish JJP was making Game of Thrones

I love GoT but I don't want to pay 10,000 euros for it. This is where JJP prices are heading here (incl. sales tax) with the $/€ exchange rate.

2 weeks later
#5645 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

But the constant whining about delivery reminds me of "Are we there yet?" coming from the backseat.

Except those kids in the back paid $7-9k for the ride and Dad told them they would be there in Summer 2014 then December 2014 "per license agreement".

#5696 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

There is a reason the USA has lost its critical manufacturing base: It's because greedy business owners will accept trash built by child slaves to save a nickel.

Not only the USA

#5727 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I want to play Hobbit and Pinball Circus...

Lucky you. In my case if I want to play Pinball circus, I guess I will have to buy it !

#5970 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Besides, IMNSHO, having per-game tilt warnings is WAY more strategic than per-ball, because you really REALLY have to think about when it's most advantageous to use them.

Totally agree. But I might be in the minority - I suggested that to friends during a tourney and they thought I was mad.

2 weeks later
#6155 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I like the way Jack is straightforward and says what he thinks.

Funny how despite Jack's record of failed deadlines and false claims "will be released with the third movie by contractual obligation" (and that's only one example...remember WoZ as well? First to pay get their games first?) people still say that.

3 weeks later
#6489 8 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Pix I took at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown

Superb, really

What a difference with the first PF version!

1 week later
#6680 8 years ago

Am I missing something?
Is this a Mustang update thread?

1 week later
#6911 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

what did he say, can you link it? don't want to read through a million posts to find it in the Jpop thread

Post 16239
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread……………mg-raza-and-aiw…/page/325#post-2554189

#7050 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I finally got to watch the last Hobbit movie last night, pretty decent..

Believe me, the fascination does not last.
I think this is the weakest of the 3.

#7116 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How GOT could be a big risk to The Hobbit in my opinion

You forgot:
- Price. No equivalent of pro version of the Hobbit
- Cash and Carry. You like it, you pay it... you get it
- Still current. Hobbit is history now, and those are movies that fade fast. Not that the Hobbit movies are very bad, but they are simply not of LOTR caliber.

Aliens could well become a major competitor too. Full Throttle seems to receive a positive feedback (I loved it when I played it). Now includes a killer theme, the option to swap games... and those are widebodies like TH.

#7117 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It is an eye-opening reminder to remember that the biggest manufacturer of a desired product can hit only 50 units per day.

Well, assuming over 200 working days per year, that's would still be over 10,000. I doubt Stern is producing that much.

#7211 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would only compare Heighway's LE's to WOZ or The Hobbit and Full Throttle LE is $8k plus shipping...I paid less then that for my WOZ ECLE and will do the same for my Hobbit SE / LE. Full Throttle looks cool but I can't see spending anywhere near $8k on it with what you get with WOZ and TH for the same price or less. I cannot justify the price Heighway is charging for their games and it's mainly due to a lack of mechanical features on the playfield for me and not being a fan of the backbox design. I hope Alien is different and has more interactive features on the playfield. I wish Heighway the best.

Unfair comparison.
FT is US $6,150 for you. As compared to $8k for TH. (standards).

Then if you buy Aliens as a kit, it will be 60% of $6,300.
Half of JJP#3...

#7295 8 years ago

General forum rule violation: Smiling on this thread is not allowed.

1 month later
#7829 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Still, he shouldn't complain about the over negativity but rather just ignore it. Ignorning what the trolls say is how you beat them in the end.

Thumb up for your post because that's the way Jack (or anyone in the pin industry) should react. Not meaning I support all of Jack's posts!

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Are you honestly making an apples-to-apples comparison between FT and TH?

Why not compare these two?
Sincere question - no hidden agenda, not preordering one (yet). Both widebodies with LCD display.
TH vs Alien(s) could be a better comparison as both are movie licenses but I have not seen/played Aliens yet.

I prefer TH for its theme and art, but FT for its shot map...and price (seen from Europe). Fastest widebody I ever played. No doubt TH code will be great, unsure if it can make it a great game.

#7941 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't believe it, Trekkie. Ted is one of those creepy horror-movie-director guys who lives alone in a small, one-bedroom apartment cluttered to the rafters with hoarded Elvira dolls and running rampant with about 25 smelly cats. Don't let the Hawaiian shirts fool you.

Nominated for Post of the Year.

1 week later
#8228 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the pre-order pinball model start with JJP?

No. Started much earlier than that with BBB.

#8284 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

TH should be an epic machine and should be worth the wait.

How many years have we read this?

1 week later
#8600 8 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

One person says it and now it's a lot?

It was more than one. And a lot (including me) were thinking that. My wrong.

#8733 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had Chris put a glory hole just below my start button. Gives a whole new meaning to "super ball."

Guess who is lurking on the other side of that hole? Your pick...

alien___h_r__giger_bar_usa.jpgalien___h_r__giger_bar_usa.jpg

1387183002000-HTDOS-SMAUG-0071.jpg1387183002000-HTDOS-SMAUG-0071.jpg

3 months later
#9032 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I'm between the hobbit, mmr, and Walking Dead premium.

Not WoZ ? (genuine question)

#9044 8 years ago
#9046 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You're fast...

You're fast too... realized you were not referring to current date, deleted my post... Anyway, long wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.