47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

How sweet would it be if the machine had water in it. I'm also thinking FIRE or at least smoke!
Tim

Water? In a machine with all sorts of electrical circuits?

No thanks.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

With all this new cash along with him saying they plan to ship the rest of the LE's out in the next 90 I'm going to bet that a significant number of LE's will be boxed and ready to go by the december release and that the 1500 will be done within 6 months at most.

That really depends on when the have access to the assets from the third movie. They have to have time to update graphics, art, video and game play to incorporate stuff from the last movie in the trilogy.

2 weeks later
#206 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if they make it so that you can continue your game where you left off, that would suck. If it was that way on LOTR, I would have saw valinor by now, and that would be disappointing. The fact that i'm going on 6 years and never seen it, gives me drive to make it happen. Plus, it will be more rewarding when it happens, due to the struggles and time it took to reach it. Might be the most rewarding ending, I will ever experience in pinball.

I'd love to have the option to pause a game and/or save/restart a game. Doesn't mean I'd use it very often, but it would be nice.

2 months later
#936 10 years ago

I was thinking that the U center ramp may end up being Smaug's mouth.

1 month later
#1101 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Wait.. Lawlor is leading on Hobbit?

Whoa!! If true, then this is some major news.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

4 months later
#1690 9 years ago

Way too much worry about the detail on these. They aren't perfect, but seem fine to me.

I'm going to be bashing them with a pinball, not admiring them as if they are priceless works of art.

1 week later
#1991 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While your post has merit consider this point: where would JJP have obtained his movie footage from the LCD screen had they licensed the books and not the movie?
I love hand drawn art, but we have to be reasonable in prioritizing what we want.

Same place they will get it for Pat's game - original animation or video.

#2079 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

In that case you can also claim that WOZ and TH never had a pre-payment plan either. Nobody has ever lost their deposit (or even incurred a penalty) by not making a payment by the recommended dates and people were frequently told to just make payments when they were comfortable or to just make the final payment when the game was ready (which many/most did.) It has really only ever been the initial deposit to reserve your game that was important.

Someone had too much coffee this morning.

#2109 9 years ago

What is the current payment schedule for the Hobbit? I think the last payment was originally due in July - when is it due now?

#2188 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Is there something new between the speakers ?

Remote controlled fire hose to extinguish flames from Smaug or to target players critical of JJP?

1 month later
#2405 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree, the gold one is just too much gold IMO! I am correct in stating that one could pick the SE but still get the red Smaug?

I think I read that somewhere. Or you can at least get a red Smaug and swap it out. If I still had my preorder, that's what I was going to do.

I agree with you - too much gold.

#2789 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pat's game will be released 3rd 1/4 2015. No teasers, unveiled and ready for sale. The momentum of JJP is finally getting there.

3Q? Aaaauuuugggghhhh!!!

I was hoping for 2Q, maybe even the end of 1Q. Expecting a standard body game, so hope that keeps the costs down somewhat, though I will be prepared to pay a premium if Pat has some cool toys and great original theme/art/sound (which I expect).

But it's just cruel to make me wait until 3Q.

#2794 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Jack said it was a wide body not too long ago.

Missed that. Thanks.

2 months later
#4226 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Two, Bag End is finished. Period.

Bummer. That area just looks unfinished and a downgrade from the original without the barrel caps.

However, a significant improvement overall from what we saw at Expo.

1 week later
#4426 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Plus don't forget you don't the anticipation of your future product to cannibalize the sales of your current product. The Hobbit has dug a deep hole in JJP's wallet and Jack wants to maximize current sales for sure. Keeping the doors of the kitchen closed to line up to home run level after the hobbit is the latter IMO.

Except that Pat's game isn't likely to take sales away from The Hobbit at this point. It's more likely that people waiting for his game will purchase another title instead if we go too much longer without any info.

I'm certainly hoping for a home run, but a little concerned that without some early info and opportunities for comments/improvements like we saw with TH that we may get a ground rule double instead.

1 month later
#4882 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How'd she play? The pin, not the blonde.

Sadly, slow. Much slower than I expected. Maybe the flipper power was a bit low.

Good first impression overall though. The game will do well on location.

#4955 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

One thing that hasn't been talked about for a while is the incorporation and use of WiFi. Is this going to happen with the launch of Hobbit ?

I got the impression at the JJP TPF talk that we won't see WiFi use until game 3 (and that it might be available as an update to WOZ/TH).

#5035 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but PL's game is easily a year or 2 away

Umm, no. Especially the "or 2" part.

#5036 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But Hazoff they promised Pats game for this summer?

The reveal, not production.

#5048 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What are saying that we will become aware of Pats game soon and within a year is will be available? or the other way that 2 years is still too soon to expect a finished PL JJP game.

We will know about it late summer, play it at Expo and buy it in 1Q16.

#5058 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope your right but I would say The Hobbit is still being built and shipped 1Q16.

Jack has said many times that there can be two games in production concurrently. Presumably WOZ and Hobbit will be built side by side. No reason Hobbit and Pat's game won't be either.

1 week later
#5345 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do not agree with anyone that thinks this is going to be a "slow" game. Remember this is a wide body!

I thought it was slow at TPF, but I also don't think the game was leveled like I would have it at home either.

2 weeks later
#5809 8 years ago

Looks like the ramps are still harder to make then they should be. How did those shots feel like when playing?

3 weeks later
#6332 8 years ago
Quoted from JaredSP:

What is this google group you speak of? I pre ordered through pinballstar.

Email Jen with your order info and she will give you access to the JJP group.

2 weeks later
#6472 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Did anyone go to the VIP Hobbit release party in Denver? Or play it this weekend?

TH is much improved since the version shown at TPF. Jack said the code is about 70% done.

Game is set on 2 ball play, but enough to get a good feel for the game. If you like the theme, you will like the game. Music and video are awesome. I'm not a good enough player to comment on game play, but there was a whole lot more to do and I could actually make the ramps shots.

2 months later
#8056 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Question to those that have played TH:
What happened to the drop targets that drop and raise independently, is that functionality still in there?
-mof

Yes. Very cool.

1 week later
#8290 8 years ago

Big setback for JJP if Pat's game is NOT revealed at Expo.

The theme and style differences between TH and PLJJP are going to be enough that few are going to drop TH to go in on Pat's game instead, so there's really no reason to hold off the reveal. If JJP can show a game that's pretty much ready to go right after Hobbit, that's going to quiet the naysayers.

The reveal was supposed to be late summer, then Expo. Pushing it out further doesn't do anything but give people a reason to push the "sky is falling at JJP" agenda.

#8299 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

^One of the dumbests posts I've seen. Of course it would hurt Hobbit! Why release anything about JJP3 until Hobbit is well under way and shipping in substantial numbers? Nothing will be revealed at expo, just like Stern won't say what's after GoT.

It appears you have seen far fewer posts than I have ...

Comparing Stern to JJP in this case is what's dumb. No one is questioning Stern's survival. There is absolutely no concern that Stern won't have games after GoT. Stern's model works and works well.

If revealing details on Pat's game hurts Hobbit sales, all that says that Hobbit buyers are super fickle. One of the key pillars of my argument is that I really don't think there is much overlap between the potential buyers of TH and those of PLJJP. If the majority of the market is thinking TH OR PLJJP, then it doesn't make sense.

But I think it's far more important for JJP to demonstrate that the WOZ and Hobbit delays are behind them and will be the exception, not the rule.

#8301 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I dunno.
"Here's where we are with Hobbit, isn't this progress really cool."
Might be better than
"Here's what we have been working on instead of the game you paid for two years ago."

I certainly don't advocate announcing details on Pat's game before an update on Hobbit. But if Hobbit is in production (or about to be) around Expo, no reason not to show Pat's game.

#8302 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Disagree, I think a lot of people would have jumped from the hobbit to a pat lawlor game.

So then you don't think JJP should release any details on Pat's game until 800 or 900 Hobbits have shipped?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.