Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Here is an update for you...
They just gained 6 more months.
In shocking news, Warner Bros. today announced that the release of The Hobbit: There And Back Again will be pushed back so the final film of Bilbo Baggins’ adventure can premiere at Comic-Con in July 2015. The new worldwide release date is July 29, 2015.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/04/01/87992-there-and-back-again-moves-to-july-2015-world-premiere-at-comic-con/

April Fools. Although I bet JJP wishes it was true.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given the electrical problems lets go with Jaguar.

image-486.jpg

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Presumably you want to actually see the game you're going to buy before it ships right? Tough to do if the playfield and cabinet contains NDA'd assets.

People have been buying pins sight unseen for awhile. Why stop now?

#765 5 years ago

Does anybody other than Jack really give a shit if there was a line to play WOZ? Especially in a Hobbit thread?

I sure as hell don't.

#809 5 years ago

The only way they could cram more pointless nonsense into the Hobbit movies is if Peter Jackson started slipping outtakes from his home movies into them.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, haven't seen 1 or 2, what's the point Jar? Mustang? How much crap can they slip in there?

They've got 50 years of crap that they can slip in Mustang. The horror!

My point about The Hobbit movies is that they took what should have been one movie and stretched it into three. The only way to accomplish that is by putting a ton of filler in which they did. The LOTR movies aren't perfect either, but they are marvels of efficiency to The Hobbit.

The good thing is that none of this really impacts the pin. They can use what works in the pin and jettison the rest

1 month later
#1167 5 years ago

On this, the 13th of May in the year 2014, Pinside has reached a new all time low.

1 year later
#6554 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm going to honor Aurich's timely contribution to JJP's SE by powder coating it a prismatic "Smaug scale red."
The stock SE armor in person just seemed a bit flat.

I smell another NimblePin LE in the works.

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

$12,000 by Christmas!
(Plaque adds $2k more based on previous models... )

Jack will then release a VE a couple years later at the new price point a la Gary.

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You mean ala himself as with Ruby Red.

Touché!

1 week later
#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, cuz Tesla's never catch on fire!

...or turn into 100k bricks.

#6707 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Price as tested: 69,750

Complete B.S. The P85D is $105K (feel free to subtract off $7,500 for the fed tax credit if you want). Look at Tesla's site for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://my.teslamotors.com/models/design

The P85D is "quicker" than the Hellcat by a hair in the quarter mile. The Hellcat is "faster" as it has a higher speed at the trap than the P85D. At the end of the day, they are both damn quick/fast and odds are you'll never fully take advantage of either of these cars capabilities.

For me the Hellcat has way more curb appeal than the Tesla which is fairly bland looking IMO. The Tesla doesn't need gas, which is pretty awesome, but I can buy a hell of a lot of gas for the $30K difference in price between the two cars. When all is said and done it comes down to what you like. Buy what you want to drive and in the end who cares about a tenth of a second or two.

EDIT: Here's a nice debate over these two cars merits in the June 2015 Motor Trend.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1504_2015_dodge_charger_srt_hellcat_vs_tesla_model_s_p85d/viewall.html

Their numbers:

P85D
0-60 = 3.2s
1/4 mile = 11.7s

Hellcat
0-60 = 3.7s
1/4 mile = 11.8s

#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And as mentioned, it costs a lot more than the Hellcat, so I'm not even sure why the two cars would be compared to each other as they aren't in the same market segment.

Exactly. It is the equivalent of me coming in and saying you should buy a ATS-V or CTS-V instead. They are completely different classes of cars. While there might be some overlap between their markets, for the most part they are filling different needs/wants.

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I copy and pasted the price as teSted backwards. The hellcat is cheaper but not by 30k.

Wherever your numbers came from, they are completely wrong for the P85D.

I just went to the Dodge website. Base price for the Hellcat is $60K so the as tested price you listed is feasible depending on what options were factored in.

Going to the Tesla website reveals the P85D base price to be $105K then you can take off $7,500K for the fed tax credit to get it down to $97.5K. Still well over a $30K difference. Even taking into account the fuzzy math of $10K gas savings Tesla factors into their final price on the website (which is dubious at best) it still only gets it down to $87.5K which is still $5K above your as tested price.

#6718 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry, we didn't mean to derail the flood of new info coming in regarding The Hobbit!

Yes, Jack's latest post must have gotten lost in the car discussion...

#6796 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Wtf is wrong with you?

You don't appreciate nature in all it's glory?

#6799 4 years ago

If the next update is that they are adding a new Evangeline Lilly LE into the lineup then I will be on board.

image.jpg

#6844 4 years ago

To be fair, this thread is about a Hobbit update from over a year ago (when the lower half of the white wood was revealed). Doesn't seem to be much discussion about that particular update anymore.

It does not lend the impression of being an all encompassing Hobbit update thread to me (other than post count), but your mileage may vary.

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My wife and daughter would shoot me if I sold my wozecle. This is NH. It's possible!

With a state motto like this one, I wouldn't be taking any chances either!

image.jpg

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just found out, its the leg bolts.

He should talk to Popadiuk. He can put his extensive leg bolt design experience to use.

1 week later
#7276 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Threads like these are easy. I just scroll until I either see video or a boxed game on the line and ignore everything else.

It's your lucky day!

image.jpg

#7302 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Now using my pictures now are we

Ask Google.

1 week later
#7389 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Which is the Chevy?

Must be LOTR since that's the one I'd rather be driving.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside