Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 6 years ago

"We had a video conference call yesterday with our Team. They were shooting another white wood and it looks great! It is definitely a different shooting and flowing game than WOZ
Unique things in this game that have not been done before and it is a fast shooting game with a lot to shoot for.

The I/O board on WOZ is not fully populated with drivers but this game will fill up that whole board for sure.

I'm deciding what we show or don't show and maybe we will have more at the TPF and of course posted here first. Very happy the way this game is shaping up."

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Very cool Ice. Where did you get the quote from as i'm on the google group for jjp but must have missed this?

Jack snuck it in there. As you know, a lot of clutter on the google group. Hopefully we'll see some good updates for TPF.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ games april 2013 hear we are a year later still waiting on the full run.Be happy if you see your game in the first half of 2015

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm certainly no JJP apologist, but I suspect the WoZ timeline is not going to be extremely useful for gaging their ability to ship out TH.
Presumably most of the recent delay have not been a result of insufficient capacity, but supply chain problems (cabinets) and design problems/flaws (LED boards/powers supply/etc) and JJP pumping out standard machines for new receivables.
One can only imagine THESE things will be ironed out by TH production since I'd assume much of the same products and technology are carrying forward....
If I had to bet, I'd say JJP squeaks out the absolute MINIMUM they are contractually bound to deliver in December. It'd also be surprising if the software is anywhere near complete on these- but it'll be functional no doubt.
Then, in Q1 2015 I think we'll see real production ramping-up... maybe not ever hitting 15/day, but maybe 50/week? They may very well be still producing Woz's in parallel, so perhaps they will make 15 games/day combined- who knows....
I'm incredibly interested in TH.... mostly why I've followed JJP in the first place. I would still NEVER pre-order one (nor would i preorder a Stern machine), but I cant wait to play one of these when available.

Somebody has taken over Lowepg's account! Too much common sense here

1 week later
#445 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

JJP got many passes on slipped dates due to the groundbreaking work his team was doing and the many many unknowns involved in creating a company and pinball from the ground up. Those unknowns are knowns now. Any slip to projected dates this time around will be met with much less understanding I'm sure. I do expect a finished machine unveiled with the final movie as promised with a solid idea of and delivery schedule for the LEs. This is getting to be a more and more competitive business (thankfully) and JJP better perform or they won't make it.

Been saying this for quite a while, and no doubt right on, round two with the TH has to move smoothly with the foundation built and vendors in place. I'm betting it will.

#454 6 years ago

From the google groups a while back Jack stated that info and updates for TH would be a lot less during the process as a request from Joe and team. Maybe worried about what Jack would say/reveal?

So I'm thinking its going to be more "Stern like" with much of the info coming out towards the last quarter. Only problem with that mode of operating is the pre paids want info!

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Is this the Hobbit update topic???

Should be, but typical BS on and on, and since it is, I'll take SM over ST every day and 10 times on Sunday. ST isn't even close to being Stern's best and its boring. Just my opinion.

As for the Hobbit, the thread topic, loving the video clip updates and the layout "looks" unique and different, which is what I like, looking forward to this theme. Hopefully in home this time next year, sitting next to a new TWD.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Anyways, I didn't really care for the effect, it was kinda of unpleasant. Not a big deal, just sort of off putting, and I'd prefer to not have it. Star Trek does nothing of the sort, but I've never seen it with invisiglass to be fair.

Sometimes i wonder wtf you guys are complaining about! Seriously…..throw down a six pack, loosen up and it will all look the same

Tell the MIA Nimble we said hello!

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

In all likelihood, Mr. Freeman probably doesn't even know about the offer; it was probably just his agent talking without even approaching him.

That's exactly right, dumb ass agents that don't understand the concept that 100% of nothing is …..nothing.

These guys would have to be complete idiots for turning down voice work that might take what, an hour of their time, well I guess they and/or their agents are…..

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Either that or they are super rich, have lots of work, and can pick and choose what they want to work on.

What I don't understand, is why Paul McCartney won't play my birthday party. I mean, what kind of idiot is he? I'm going to have pump-it-up and everything.

I'm gonna go with "idiots", assuming they aren't on the level of Paul McCartney or Metallica, Ac/dc etc…….

yep, complete idiots, that's what it is……"pump it up"

#772 5 years ago

You are correct Jar! Who gives a F

Correction 98% is ridiculous

#804 5 years ago

The usual idiot shitstorm, Mickey D's ham burglar basement dwellers….. Uhhh oh, ban votes for the spoken truth……..

#806 5 years ago

Woz is done basically, check your D bagness at the door, you don't want to buy a Hobbit, go buy a Mustang or whatever else floats your boat!

The dumb ass BS is getting really old, get some new material or quit posting, wading through this garbage is a joke!

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think ruby red would fit very well for Hobbit. But if they had a Troll poop brown edition....now we are talking

Haha, you wouldn't pay for the LE crapper edition because your max is 6k, so you might as well flush your "poop" dreams of ever getting another NIB of any kind NEO….

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The only way they could cram more pointless nonsense into the Hobbit movies is if Peter Jackson started slipping outtakes from his home movies into them.

I agree, haven't seen 1 or 2, what's the point Jar? Mustang? How much crap can they slip in there?

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The good thing is that none of this really impacts the pin. They can use what works in the pin and jettison the rest

Bada bing! Who cares about them extorting 3 movies worth of revenue….we are talking about a pinball machine..

I probably won't watch any of them and I didn't really like Lotr, but I love the pin…

And I certainly don't dream about a Woz movie remake, but I love the pin

What I'd really like is some F ing Zombies!

#841 5 years ago

So tell me again, how should I spend my own $$$$

If you aren't spending $$$, its easy to cast stones and a bunch of BS…..

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's just like the fact you shouldn't take preperation H orally. You can do what you want, but it's not suggested.

Wtf, are you sure about that?

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

esus...why does everyone in the world seem to need to pick a side and defend it to the death? I think WOZ sucks, but I think Hobbit looks cool and I'm on the pre-order. I bought a STLE, but I think a lot of Stern games stink and I have no interest in them. Why do people think this has to be all or nothing?

Exactly, I think STLE sucks, SM is 10x better, yet I don't feel the need to go into every STLE thread and state that it sucks over and over again. I just don't care about it because I don't own it and have no desire to play it.

If you don't own a pin AND have no desire to play one, why would some people who feel that way, want to go into every Woz thread and waste their time by posting the same tired BS over and over again.

Here's a fact for you, Woz is getting produced, in a few months they will be caught up in production, the overwhelming majority really loves playing Woz, get used to it…….just check a box or something that a faction hates Jack and/or JJP and/or Woz. After three years, we get it.

3 weeks later
#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Made sense although I would not expect a working prototype 8 months prior to release . But yes it was easy to understand his comment.

It would be one of the first then

And just maybe.........I don't know, just a thought here, but its possible that JJP could be doing what they said they were going to do and release a whole lot less info this time out to build up for the big release....oh and I forgot, there is a 3rd movie coming out too, right? Maybe it will be integrated into the pin?

But that would be like another pin maker does it in Stern right? No info, zero, until full release and then production shortly follows, imagine that?

Woz kicks ass, and Hobbit is gonna be better. And then we get Mr. Lawlor's pin, its all good!

#1040 5 years ago

I think the Hobbit is going to be great but I'm more excited about the Lawlor pin. I think he re-enters the market in a BIG way, with a much bigger bill of materials cost and mandate……here we go!

#1094 5 years ago

Why does the "gang" keep picking on poor Panzer?

Back to Hobbit update thread……. or I'm about to

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, haha! I'm fine with it really. It's the same people over and over again. This has been going on for months now. I can pretty much guess who down votes my WOZ and JJP posts at this point, haha.

Months for you, years for the rest of us….. You know what the facts are Panzer, and so do they…..you must have a ton of knots on your head banging it against the wall. Woz is a great pin, Hobbit looks cool, AND especially now that Lawlor has taken over design should be awesome, and then of course his next pin.

Why do I care? I don't know, I certainly don't need another pinball machine, the madness is taking over!

#1163 5 years ago

Seriously, sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people………how STUPID do you have to be to post something like that. It's not funny…...

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Pretty sure those are the WOZ schematics.

Obviously

4 months later
#1634 5 years ago

Well this is no slam on Matt because he does great work. Sometimes it just doesn't work and this is one of them.

I don't really care what Warner Bros. thinks, because they don't know shit, don't care about a pinball machine, get real, and we are the ones buying these pins. I don't care what they like. Sorry, but its true.

That said, I could care less about what these cats or dogs look like, the limited game play video doesn't seem to do it justice or make me want to continue on with my pre order.

As a Woz pin apologist for years and subsequent lover of the pin, this video is a negative for me.

I'm in for TWD and am leaning towards being out on this one now. Can't have them all!

1 week later
#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you must do licenses, be imaginative, pick ones that will give you freedom to make something incredible. We'll buy it. Find partners who think the right way. Stern did it with Metallica, and it turned into IMHO one of the best games they've ever made.

This is why I buy Jpop, but then there will be naysayers until they see the final results there too.

But it will/is be "incredible".

#2014 5 years ago

With Keith doing the rules, is there any doubt TH will be great, not in my mind.

How about Lawlor and his "unlimited budget" pin? Can't wait! Will it cost more, yes, there is a pin being made for most budgets these days.

1 month later
#2410 5 years ago

HUGE improvement. Very impressive!

Love the book LCD, I figured that was coming but the ARTWORK is now AWESOME, times 1000 better, that was the worst part of the pin before, no color, and made me depressed.

Even though I dropped out, I never doubted Jack and JJP would make it work.

It just came down to a numbers game and I really like TBL

#2412 5 years ago

And btw, that's how you do a freaking APRON!

Great job guys.

#2601 5 years ago

Nice to actually gets some comments from the JJP team!

#2771 5 years ago

Targets and the possibilities with Keith is going to be crazy good.

Man those "dots" look great. The LCD's, both of them, a huge addition to the pin, like Woz.

If only my TWD LE had an LCD, watching clips from the show of heads getting lopped off. It's time to make the DMD a thing of the past Stern!

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Even if you accept that as true, what about feedback on things like artwork? One of the main (positive) changes to Hobbit based on feedback is the PF artwork. Is Lawlor an artist? I doubt he has a ton to say about artwork.

I'm thinking they should just adopt the Stern model, put it out there, good or bad, buy it or not, but I'm guessing that JJP won't do that ultimately. They care too much about what buyers think

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, but John Youssi is a pinball art expert. He's the artist for Pats game.

Yep, you can bet Pat's first game back is going to be EPIC After all the cost cutting with Stern and inability to do old school design and mechs, this one is going to be a reminder for people as to who the real King is!

#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL...of all the interactive "toys" to compare with, really, the ST ship?? It's a drop target and magnet UNDER a the ship. The ship does nothing with the ball. It's a cool "toy", but it's not interactive.

No kidding, that ship really isn't very cool as far as a "toy" goes. But then I just don't like ST overall.

Quoted from DougPiranha:

Maybe the people who pre-order are helping make the dream happen.

Thankfully there are people like us willing to pre order, otherwise we'd still be looking at just Sterns.

#3100 5 years ago

Different strokes Rob, I love "the Walking Dud". I haven't had more fun playing a pin at the outset than this one, of every other pin that has come through the door.

The layout is great, because its different, the shots are "satisfying" and Lyman will do his usual great job on the rules.

Even though this is a "Hobbit Update", TWD is NOT a "dud", far from it!

#3101 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

We pinsiders tend to be biased of course. If we bought a game or backed out of a game we tend to shape our view to match our decisions, but I have played this game much more in comparison to the honeymoon phase of STLE, ACDC, or SM.

Totally agree with this, I've played mine much more than my recent additions at the outset and there was never a honeymoon phase for me on that dog STLE, imo......

#3109 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Different strokes indeed. I guess that's what makes this hobby great. I just can't see what people like in this game from a layout standpoint. If you break down the shots from each flipper you have:

I know what the shots are, and I love it, like you said, different strokes. Just because you can't "see it", myself and plenty others do. Some people like ST and I think it sucks. What are you gonna do.

I'm thrilled with my purchase as a fun pin that's only going to get better, and I've got no reason to pump it up, I could care less about "value", GL

#3117 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry bud, I'm really glad that you are enjoying yours, but it fell completely flat for me. Nothing about the pin enticed me, and the layout is a huge negative.
Edit: sorry for the hijack.
I like the updated Smaug.

I hear ya, it's not gonna make everybody happy. I really love the layout! Good thing you didn't buy then. You played it first and didn't like it

Great to have choices these days. Carry on Hobbits!

#3144 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm going to argue with you indefinitely on here till you say ST is the best and Im blue in the face.

Well I might be exaggerating a bit! I don't know of a pin that really sucks other than Tron ( jk sort of)

STLE was a huge let down for me as a pre order with JJ, thought we were getting the LCD, then Stern goes for the money grab, charges more, delivers less and made 799.

I can see it now that you can get em for $6500 or so. In my book, all pins are great, some are greater than others!

3 weeks later
#3476 5 years ago

Who cares who has the "fastest" pinball machine. I like variety. Fast, slow, medium, whatever, its the spice of life!

If I want to see fast I'll roll 5 pinballs down the street outside of my house.

1 week later
#3564 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

And a video also from the German forum
» Vimeo video

That is simply "sick" (as in greatness).

Anybody that thinks "dots" are better than the LCD rendering and interaction has to be out of his mind.

The light show is unreal, the ruleset will be phenomenal with Keith and I think it looks F ing amazing.

2 weeks later
#3774 5 years ago

Wow, wow, wow, night and day from Expo to today.

Kudos to JJP and team, seeing the LCD and what they have done with it blows me away and its only going to get better.

You have a group that just is all about delivering great pinball.

And to be able to say "Keefer and Ted" we trust. Its just a great team!

4 months later
#6355 4 years ago

Full play field mylar? Life is way too short to worry about such things! Like Hitch says, a few well placed mylar strips in hot spots.

And Cliffy's for that matter. Play the heck out of it, fuggetaboutit! If you get several 100 thousands of plays on it you can just swap out the play field for a brand new one down the road.

Woz was such a journey for me, I hope you guys get your pins soon!

#6389 4 years ago

Looking forward to that one as well!

Hopefully no more delays with TH. I'm ready for Pat's game.

#6410 4 years ago

One thing I love about pinball are the passionate dorky dudes like David Thiel and Butch Peel. They love what they do and are 100% genuine. Not a "sales" bone in their body, yet as a consumer, the passion sells itself and I'd feel pretty damn good having those guys on the team.

And then you add in Keith of course. Even though I backed out of TH after Expo, I wouldn't hesitate one second to jump back with this crew at the helm.

It's clear that JJP wants to "get it right" and is not willing to just shove something out the door for the sake of meeting a deadline. They have taken the delay hits to make the pin a whole lot better, especially better looking! It still shouldn't have taken two years to figure out the horrible initial art work. Maybe Jack should have paid a little more attention to comments on Pinside.

As for Jack, I give him credit for being more honest about the delays and standing up to the "Chicago pinball mafia"! That was classic.

Pretty clear Jack loves to hear himself talk He should do himself a favor and hand the mike to the Chile dude and other people that have played the pinball machine, instead of taking Pinside jabs, where so many of your customers reside. You are making pinball machines, come on, embrace the criticism, like you said, "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and better".

I'll throw in another compliment, JJP service is phenomenal, from day one, answering questions, getting parts out, you name it, can't have a better service team with Lloyd, Alex and crew.

As a Woz guy that suffered through all the Pinside back and forth, delays and Jack drama, at the end of the day, when you get your pinball machine, the wait will have been worth it.

2 weeks later
#6651 4 years ago

That pin kicks ass

2 weeks later
#7145 4 years ago

The LCD is incredible and the game looks great.

I'm buying Lawlor's game because it's Lawlor and JJP.

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Jack will have plenty of cash once he starts actually shipping machines. There are plenty of people like myself that are just sitting on the sidelines until we see the pictures of Hobbits showing up in people's homes. I think JJP will do just fine. They've created a quality product.

I agree with this. Despite all the BS of the past, and I lived through several long years of Woz, I think/hope we are about to move into another stage with JJP.

That's good for pinball. If Woz is still selling and has steady demand can you imagine what TH will look like when it actually gets out the door.

So many people are waiting on the sidelines to see what TH becomes and for me, what Lawlor's game is going to be. He would have to do a totally ridiculous theme for me not to get it. I bought Woz after all.

3 weeks later
#7496 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

This is one reason I preordered...Heck the folks that got ECLEWOZ at $6500 got a great price even though they paid in delays and frustrations.

Yep, I was one of those $6500 ECLEWOZ guys, was it worth it? I can say it was now, after all those years but man it was a rough ride!

If I hadn't cashed in my deposit on TH right after Expo I don't know how I could have handled that delay again along with Jpop.

JJP, which is stating the obvious, needs to get it together one would think.

As Jack has stated many times before, you can't survive producing 1 pinball machine every 2 or 3 years.

What a shame for TH, I'm sure the Lawlor pin along with everything else is gonna poach a ton of those potential Hobbit sales.

I'm thinking JJP is probably happy to just hold onto the pre orders that they currently have and not lose any more due to the delays.

TH is gonna kick some ass, just get it out there.

#7542 4 years ago

How many times does JJP have to say they aren't taking pre order money on pin #3 for it to sink in?

How many people would actually be crazy enough to do it if they did?

1 week later
#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I'm not bashing Tron. Love the theme, hate the game...and especially the music. Sorry that I'm not down with guys in stupid helmets putting out pseudo techno Euro-trash music. As a musician, it makes my head hurt.

I disagree with this statement. Well, the only part I disagree with is "love the theme".

Since this is a Tron thread now, here is my personal experience with Tron. I've tried several times to like it and play it every time I go to Pinballz in Austin, no success yet.

It's loved by a lot of people and Borg is my favorite designer. I'm wrong a lot and I'm going to keep an open mind so maybe it will start clicking but it def hasn't been a love at first play pin for me. I'll never like the theme and music but that didn't stop me from buying Woz.

I'm more of an Ac/dc and Metallica kind of guy, techno, not so much.

#7707 4 years ago

I've been here from day one of Jack and JJP. I've lived through a lot of headache, heartache, lies, drunken rants and BS, but got a great pin in Woz at the end of the day. Same thing is gonna happen for everybody waiting for TH, it will be worth the wait

All these years later, Jack is still his own worst enemy.

When I hear people like Keith Johnson say that there will absolutely be "no pre order money taken on Lawlor's pin", on multiple occasions, I'll go with that and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's never been Jack's parrot, quite the opposite. Sure he works for Jack but he's not that big of a fool to put himself out there like that. BS and Keith don't go together.

Do I believe Jack when he says it? It's not really that at all because whether you believe him or not, he'd have to be the DUMBEST human being alive to try and go down that "pre pay up front model" with #3 after everything that has transpired over the last 5 years.

I don't believe he's that DUMB. So it's just not gonna happen, plenty of other things to bash him over, this won't be one of them.

#7722 4 years ago

Speaking of delays and disappointment, in the world of pinball, if its NOT Stern, you'll be much better off blood pressure wise if you just learn to EXPECT disappointment. It's just a given.

Andrew and Heighway just announced another "DELAY" from the official launch of Alien this coming weekend and showing a "flipping whitewood" to now a "more realistic global launch in October".

Why? "Suppliers have let us down"!

It is what it is, am I surprised, not at all, disappointed, yep. Especially since I've been in since Expo.

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Its likely because its the only game they make and it took years to make that one.

Yeah, people keep buying them because it sucks and its the only game they make.

I'm thinking its because its a great F ing pin! Yep. But then again, maybe people just flush dough down the toilet?

#7781 4 years ago

The JJP trolls need to move on and/or come up with some new more creative BS.

Or not, nobody cares. Been 5 years now.

#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lots of that going around with all the vapor pins.

Yeah man, that Predator pin was some vapor shit wasn't it?

Maybe that's why its better to get something real?

Oh shit, maybe you are talking about Lebowski? Alien? Lotta vapor out there

#7785 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are the expert, Ill wait for you to answer your own questions.
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.png

Oh shit, thanks Flanker for pointing that out, forgot all about it

But that's some funny shit anyhow So that's what "vapor" is?

#7788 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Don't down vote me iceman - I'm on your team
right?

Ok, back to an up vote for you Goronic!

#7793 4 years ago

Here's another flag for you.

What did I miss, just woke up from my bender

Hard to hit the right up or down vote when your drunk.

How do you even type out the right spelling? Drunken talent?

1 week later
#7969 4 years ago

Another "showing", another disappointment.

It's great that Woz is selling still. A great pin no doubt. And that Jack does the open house bit.

But seriously, Stern is gonna upstage TH with GOT and snipe away tons of current and future sales.

And then no real update today. Obviously the last promise of pins starting to ship late September is finished.

They better be shipping TH by expo and announcing Pats game at expo or it will be another WTF moment

#7973 4 years ago

"They are a new company and getting up to speed takes a lot of time and $$"

Going on 5 years now for JJP. I'd say that is in no way "new".

In retrospect, despite all the excuses, which there are NONE if you own the business, the bottom line is he/they have done a horrible job running their business and at least he realizes that now too late and has fired himself from many duties.

No excuses, it's all on poor execution. Period.

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Only if it has the LCD display. Absent the LCD display I don't think GoT will have that big of impact on TH.
If GoT is LCD and beats TH to market...

The LCD is and has been a game changer. Dots and Dmd's suck.

If GOT doesn't have the LCD I wouldn't even consider it.

I love TWD pin and just dream about an LCD. It's a great pin, my favorite, but the Dmd blows. My RS is 10x better

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Meh.
Ever play a fun EM ?
The action is on the PF & that is where the "fun" is IMHO. A big honking LCD flat panel no doubt gets attention in a line of regular pin but after the initial wow factor its what happens on the PF that keeps people coming back or move to another machine. I never heard of anyone having a favorite machine to play based on looks.

For me, the LCD adds so much more to the playing experience. I haven't heard one Woz owner ask to go back to a Dmd.

We will hear all the praises and how great the LCD is as soon as Stern implements it. It doesn't count when JJP does it.

Some people like the old one line slot machines, new video and animation on slots have changed the whole experience.

I love the old EM's and that scoring style much better than a Dmd and that look.

#8041 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

That is more shallow than a kiddie pool but whatever floats your boat.

You don't think people will be raving about the LCD when Stern puts it in? I will.

I love my TWDLE, and for the same reason the upgraded callouts make it more fun, seeing show clips, real animation and actual zombie heads getting lopped off would be MUCH more cool than the Dmd.

When its option A versus option B, gimme the option B LCD, it's a night and day difference. That's all I'm saying, obviously it can't affect the play field and how the pin plays.

#8073 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The wildcard is an LCD. If they release THAT, and the game is legit, it will siphon TH buyers...
Frankly, Stern will cash-in on this title regardless.

Yep, a whole lot of TH buyers siphoned.

Hobbit isn't even relevant anymore and was a poor movie trilogy.

GOT marches onward, an LCD would be awesome but from all the insider comments its looks doubtful. Maybe its a very well kept secret.

#8085 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There is no huge market for pinball machines that cost $8000+, and likely never will be. Even if they can solve their production problems.

Something has got to give sooner or later.

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

SOMETHING.
I like the JJP LCD.... I like the TBL LCD.... Hell, I even thought the Magic Girl LCD design could have been interesting....
I just don't want to spend $6k-$8K and then IMMEDIATELY start begging for colorDMD support so I can rip out a near-new DMD and replace it for another $500.....
It feels like booking a room at the Ritz and finding they have a black and white tv in the room...

Times 1000. That's the most insane practice ever. Paying 6-8k and then immediately dropping another $500 to color a BS dmd.

Please stop the madness! "SOMETHING", anything that doesn't require another waste of $500

1 week later
#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I got out of TH but man I would still love to see a properly made turtorial of gameplay, could keep some people in who are ready to jump ship and maybe even bring a few new buyers aboard. Just a thought.

I got out too after Expo and it blows my mind why JJP wouldn't do a high quality series of videos that show gameplay and release them once a week until the game comes out.

I'd also do a podcast interviewing Keith, David, Ted etc., weekly, to keep interest up and promote more sales.

And try and figure out anything and everything else I could to keep this pin and theme relevant in the face of the GOT announcement.

I understand there must have been cash flow issues and vendor problems but man, this thing with TH has been BOTCHED beyond belief.

How many years in development was TH before Expo last year? How wrong did they get it? Wow. They have blown a full year by not seeing the huge mistakes leading up to Expo. Woz was going to be "the worst pin JJP ever makes".

The whole thing really is mind blowing. I feel bad for those guys, hopefully it has a happy ending and everybody that has a TH on order gets it asap.

#8305 4 years ago

It seems like Stern just announced KISS yesterday. And today we now have GOT. They don't seem to be too worried about cannibalizing their sales from title to title. What they are doing is cannibalizing current and future JJP sales.

JJP better get TH out today and announce Lawlor tomorrow.

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Calling on Ice......Ice? What do you think of the hammered look? All in fun buddy

I love the "hammered" look, seen a lot of it this weekend in Vegas! Experienced a bit of that look too.

#8478 4 years ago

Silicon Valley = One of the best shows eva! Erlich F ing Bachman

Right up there with Kenny F ing Powers.

#8585 4 years ago

TH looks great now. Not second guessing decision to drop out after Expo last year for me. I had enough stress with Jpop

I'm happy with TWDLE and jumped into Alien LE.

I don't love the layout but Keith will make it great.

Happy for the guys that hung in there!

#8614 4 years ago

The "victory" that JJP gets to declare is:

1) The appearance of TH blows away GOT

2) Given what's included in TH, notwithstanding how it plays versus GOT, most people recognize the major value proposition that JJP has over a full featured Stern pin right now.

Because of 1) and 2) above, I would consider "owning" TH if it was great fun, despite canceling my pre order. And I won't consider "owning" a GOTLE because of 1) and 2).

Doesn't mean GOT won't be great to play. I'll be happy to play the $7900 LE on location or at a friends house! I won't "own" it, like many others.

#8667 4 years ago

Stern better be worried about their own business. A whole lotta overhead to cover with the new factory and higher fixed costs.

Cranking out 4 pins a year isn't going to guarantee success, not that many themes that people will buy enough of.

#8701 4 years ago

Cutting corners and features is one thing.

Raising costs at the same time is another.

Plus it's devastating for foreign buyers with the currency exchange.

Wasn't Stern always going to consider alternative contract production with their increased facility size?

They sold more pins in the last 4 yrs than the previous 11 per Iceman5000. That trend can't continue

1 week later
#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It boggles my mind the amount of "investment" going into the Hobbit to provide an experience like no other. Sure game play, flow etc etc is some peoples idea of fun but when you truly compare the depth and the all around package coming out of JJP I don't even see how the stern LE's can even come as close as they do in price. This is not to say JJP should be charging more.....I really think Stern needs to lower their price

The DMD dot picture is pure garbage by comparison. Along with pretty much everything else with Stern.

I love my Stern pins but looking to the future I'm all about JJP first. Hopefully they succeed and created dozens of pins in the future.

#8797 4 years ago

So if JJP sells a ton of new pins because the quality/LCD is much better for the money and less people buy Stern pins because of the difference then Stern might have to reduce price?

Ok, got it now, thx....

#8804 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Would AC/DC be "more" fun if you cut the head off and slapped one on with a TV panel ?
The fun part is on the PF and the other stuff is attract mode eye candy IMHO.

I think it would be. That's why I have Mike's video mod on Ac/dc. It really does add to the playing experience for me.

I would LOVE a full screen LCD on my TWD, show clips and heads getting lopped off! Now the topper I paid $400 is useless other than eye candy.

Sounds like we are getting Stern's version of the LCD next year, for me it will make a huge difference.

#8843 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree. If there is a ColorDMD option for your game I would recommend it.

I hear you guys but I just can't bring myself to upgrading. It's way down on my priority list. I know it looks a whole lot better but it won't be long now before LCD's are standard on every pin.

My sweet WH20 might get one someday though

2 months later
#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think the only reason its cheaper is because the first batch is fully paid for a year or so ago.
Since then the USD is 15% or so more powerful not against the AUD.
Sterns go up every game to reflect that. TWD LE was 10,500 here I think when it came out. GOT LE is 12,350.....Premium is $10,650...

You poor Aussie bastards! I mean chaps.

The US dollar is going to parity in 2016. Holy crap, that's horrendous.

2 weeks later
#9229 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

and perhaps not the best planning led to the delays

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pinckney, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside