47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6861 8 years ago

I'm sure Jack will have news at the Pintastic Show. My guess is 2 - 4 weeks left on WOZ back orders, & then Hobbit starts going full bore. Like people have said for his open house you would expect Hobbit on the line.

#6871 8 years ago

I switched over my Hobbit deposit money to a WOZ 75th. So people can have a chance to play a brand new pin at Pintastic Show this week. I sold my WOZEC, & got a lot of shit from my wife. Didn't realise how much she, & everyone likes the game. That was way back with early code. Here is Jack today with the pin before it gets on a truck on Tuesday to the distributor bringing it to the show. I look forward to seeing Jack again, & to see what he has in store at his seminar.

John_Greatwich.jpgJohn_Greatwich.jpg

#7196 8 years ago

Doesn't seem to be much of a update on Pinside. The people that were at the Pintastic Show got to see the Hobbit, & Jack talk very briefly on a number of things. I got my first chance to play about 10 games over the show since I was watching my WOZ next to it. At other shows I just looked at the Hobbit. It played well in my opinion, & was very impressed with what I saw. I got to admit that with Hobbit turned up, I did the same with my WOZ!

It was a pleasure to see Jack & company at the show. There were 3 WOZ 75th at the show, unfortunately my WOZ had a rare failure & we robbed a part from the middle pin. I had a lot of fun with my WOZ with Jack there, & decided to get him going with my WOZ going down after working for many hours during the set up at the show.

Here is my brief story line: Thursday night late I decide after many beers to open up my WOZ & look to fix it myself. So after going over just about everything in the cabinet it was time to remove the monitor in the head which I have never done before. Saw the 4 screws & asked Jack if that was the way to go. Well I can't imagine the thoughts going through his head watching me going at my new WOZ 75th just off the line & on the truck to the show. So he said wait until Butch or Lloyd were available Friday before the show. Well I didn't sleep well knowing my pin was down. So after breakfast I went over everything again, & Jack decided to see for himself knowing I was going for the monitor next. That was really funny since Lloyd arrived & we watched Jack going over everything. So Jack was stumped also. Butch showed up & I worked with him. I was right the 4 screws remove the monitor for service, & we tried the next game monitor & my pin came back to life. I have a very loose 12 volt harness I will secure with silicone. I guessed the board with ic's to the monitor failed, but it was the smaller board. So i'm sure Jack was thinking that I always seem to get the cursed pin, but it's always fun working on stuff.

Really enjoyed seeing & talking with Jack & crew. Yes Jack still gets inside the pins to fix them. Job well done & didn't have to open a service ticket!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.