Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

382 posts in this topic match your search for posts by goronic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

and those toys look pretty darn cool!! Lots of detail in them

After looking at TWD pin I feel better about The Hobbit! I bet TH toys will be on par if not better than TWD. I was a bit worried that TH would have a run for its money when Stern announced TWD. But I have to tell you I think TH is going to blow it away - and be cheaper than their LE. I feel much better about the hobbit than I did before today (and I felt pretty damn good about it already)

#1480 5 years ago

I really think Matt has improved and from what I have seen so far in TH he has. But we'll see. But yeah, that witch sucked.

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

but I need to see a lot more before concluding that

Agree, can't wait to see how it turns out. Hope it is a good as we are hoping

1 week later
#1509 5 years ago

Bash target strength and styling - I really would like to see Smaug

#1510 5 years ago

Anyone know roughly the size of these? 2 x 2 inches or smaller?

#1513 5 years ago

They popup in the playfield are intended to get 'bashed'...MM troll style.

#1533 5 years ago

Is it too late to have another sculptor take a crack at it? Perhaps they could collaborate with Matt?

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Dog and spider look great to me

I agree the warg and spider aren't bad - the others need a redo. Maybe he spent most of his time on a kick ass Smaug?

#1536 5 years ago

Humanoid faces are probably the hardest to sculpt - evidence in the spider, warg, and barrels looking good. This should mean that the dragon has a better shot of looking good IMO.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If that Orc carving is supposed to look like the Pale Orc ...

Actually it looks a bit like Dennis Rodman

#1544 5 years ago

My thoughts are that someone on the JJP Hobbit team has to say something. They need to bring their A game on these toys - the rest of the team (programming, design, engineering, etc) can't let this drop the overall appeal of the game. Toys should enhance it for goodness sake...

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

TWD shooter rod looked fantastic

Haven't seen those - so I looked them up. Yeah, those are nice and show what is possible for sure.

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've got that "lumpy" (as Rob put it) clay look to them.

To me they look more like concept models or prototypes and not the finished work. Rough drafts if you will...

They are rough drafts right?

#1580 5 years ago

Here is the deal. The Hobbits primary antagonist is the dragon, and is at the center of the movie. Now JJP decided to make Smaug the focus of their game and allocate a lot of real estate in the game (good idea). BUT, but, you have to get the toy damn near showcase material to pull it off. It should have been fine tuned, critiqued, re-done (over and over if necessary), practically perfected over and over again until it was damn near perfect starting from development day 1. There is a lot riding on this toy - more so than in any other game I can think of. If they don't have it, they have time to reach out to someone else and get it corrected. They have to get this right. While I am at it, they have time to correct the rest of the toys as well - they have time. But this needs to be a major red flag, all hands on deck, moment to keep this game a winner.

#1617 5 years ago

I am actually more anxious, nervous, about Smaug than when I am waiting on my accountants to give me my tax returns

#1629 5 years ago

Classy response by Matt in the face of that shite storm of criticism. Thanks for your input Matt.

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

The Sam Adams may have something to do with that

That works as I like to have a beer while I play pinball, poker, watch football, play darts, ....

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I made different ones that I personally like better

Perhaps we could get those after release as mods?

#1685 5 years ago

By the way, if we end up breaking one of the bash toys (or after years of abuse they are smashed smooth) are they going to be easy to replace?

And by easy I mean: available, cost effective, and technically easy for the average Joe to replace on his machine.

Ready for the big reveal soon - go Jack!

#1721 5 years ago

Me too, and tons of others I would think...

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have non seen these 4 parts in context, but Jack, Matt and the JJP team have ...

Quote a bit out of context, but you have a good point. JJP has seen the complete package (well - as it is today) and are pleased with how it looks. Matt is excited about Smaug. These are they guys that made WOZ and it is breathtaking. So if they like where it is going THLE should be awesome...

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

lot of the 17 more drivers will be eaten up by the drops

Perhaps Smaug needs several as well?

#1797 5 years ago

squinting soooo harddddd

#1799 5 years ago

Bag End and Smaug just out of view too

#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

his whole creepy lodge venue doesn't help the pinball is coming back fantasy.

These machines are a bit pricey for the average joe - so you won't see huge turnouts for these things. But the Expo is another story...

#1801 5 years ago

After seeing that playfield if feels very much like a JJP machine. JJP style is very distinct for sure, and easily recognizable as a JJP pin (not just the LED monitor backglass - I am talking just the PF)

#1810 5 years ago

I was given an estimate of next August when I placed my order in July. But who knows for sure.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

So you've covered about 20% of the possibilities.

Awwww Yeeeeeaah!

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So the slingshot axes really are flat plastic?

Perhaps they will add decals to make it more dimensional looking?

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I used the enhance feature

The Hobbit Playfield detail 2010... 18 KB

Can someone enhance it on the z axis - zone 3?

#1846 5 years ago

I think most people that get a chance to play pinball enjoy it. People in the 80s were drawn to the arcade machines because they were new and shiny. Now that video games (and consoles) are common, the pinball machines look new and shiny. My kids now like playing pinball as much as video games. The big issue is the cost of a pinball machine - that is what is holding them back to the public. The catch 22 is that it takes that much money to design, build, and ship a pinball machine.

Anyway, the cell phone pic was very telling for me - the color will be rich and the build quality looks in check

Really excited to see a gameplay video!

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

There have been hundreds of positive posts (from Goronic, Panzer, etc.) repeating the same things over and over and I haven't jumped on their every post.

Whoa Whoa...Wait...is that a good thing?

#1863 5 years ago

I honestly do monitor the crap out of this thread - I have issues

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

metail rails are somehow a luxury item over molded plastic ones?

I think they are - I am afraid of the clear ramps 'yellowing' over time, but I hope I am wrong about that. Plus I think metal with all those pin lights give a nice reflective property.

#1867 5 years ago

CraZ4Pin - in most cases they (perhaps me if I have done it) are down voting your post (not you personally). It is a way of saying "I don't agree" or "I agree"/"Good Idea". Don't take it personally. Keep making your points - heck I have seen you post things I agree with.

#1868 5 years ago

By the way, I am looking for Smaug in the cell phone pic on Jack's cell phone, but it appears to be just out of view. Pinchroma, could you post a pic that may have the top of the playfield?

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Soon. (Evil laugh)

soon.png

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

you're actually making yourself look bad at this point

I don't understand why you are being so hostile toward JJP, are you trying to talk us out of buying JJP? or trying to shame a company/person into something? if so, what? You know what, never mind, I don't want to know. I think JJP's progress have been fantastic, if TBL goes faster more power to them. I don't see how that should impact what JJP is doing - or force them to get prototypes out to the public sooner.

#1968 5 years ago

I think pinball art is very subjective anyway. I like using the movie art and callouts if the pin is based on the movie. I like how it was done for TRON and I like where it is going with The Hobbit. For me I want to see the Gandalf and Thorin from the movie - and hear them. If it is an original theme then yeah hand drawn art would rock. But for TRON and The Hobbit I want to see the actors on the PF/Cab. Not trying to speak for JJP - or anyone else for that matter - but this is the hobbit I would like to see. Just don't mess it up with the toys - pretty please

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Hobbit, but let's face it, the movies pale next to LOTR

Agreed. But to be honest the LOTR is a better overall story than the hobbit. I am still glad Peter Jackson did it though. Should have been a single, or at most 2, movies to do it. Three is a bit much - given that it only took 3 for LOTR.

#2046 5 years ago

To your #1 point, if done it would be video (#3). #2 possible, #4 likely, #5, doubtful (not sure how it would be to look that at the topper during a game), #6 likely

#2051 5 years ago

I was just replying to his points...I don't have anything really to add on the innovation, but I can sure enjoy it

#2098 5 years ago

I prefer the photos for this pin, but I get your point

#2100 5 years ago

For me The Hobbit has such amazing scenery, the costumes are very well done, and the CG (spiders, Smaug) look great as well. So I like they went that route. Also, I like TRON - the movie did a good job with the CG elements so they look good on the cabinet and playfield. Again, in my opinion. However, I would say in general I would prefer hand drawn on pins (other than The Hobbit or TRON), like MB for example. I like that playfield, cab, and back glass a lot

#2102 5 years ago

That is what JJP has been saying, but no one believes them. We'll see - I think they have a shot

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

will be release yes but how many, one?

Probably just a few - I don't expect mine for several months after. I ordered mine in July. Time for a Whiskey Sour...brb

#2136 5 years ago

I certainly hope this will make it into the pin (starting from 1:43)
» YouTube video

I like this clip as well, but there may be many even better in the next movie. Is there a shot we could have actors do voice specifically for the pin ?

1 week later
#2203 5 years ago

Whole new level boys...new level

3 weeks later
#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

that the 3rd film would only be incorporated into the game via code, modes & movie clips. Just look at the playfield & cabinet art, it's all from the 1st two films

While I agree with this for the most part, the Smaug that is used on the cab of the SE cab is from the third movie. The Smaug art was used in the SDCC movie poster.

#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Just looking at what was approved, I am very encouraged with the way this game will integrate the film into gameplay. With all the footage at their disposal, I think The Hobbit will far outpace WOZ when it comes to use of the screen. Very promising!

Agree. Based on just this video you can see the thought and detail that they are putting into the video and game play coding. Hope the PF holds up its end of the bargain

I think it will ...

1 week later
#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The armor doesn't look very...uh...*gold* in the pics

I looks like an antique gold color which I think would be appropriate for the pin. I wouldn't expect a bright yellow gold ...

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Teeth are still in the works just did not have them done for Iappa

Matt, do you think the bottom of Smaugs mouth could have a tongue (or more detail)? It may be something that the teeth could hold/attach to. It would also cover the back mech a bit.

Love the changes! nice work!

#2508 5 years ago

Is there an official presentation time of the hobbit? or is it just in the booth area for people to come by and see/play? If the later, take lots of video and pics if possible

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

teeth & lit yellow eyes

I think the lighting in the eyes should be orange or red

Quick question on the eye lighting - is that going to be the whole eye (or just the iris?)

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Smaug's iris is always yellow in the movie, I don't see how they could make it any other color than that. The eyes will probably be colored yellow on the actual model, then be backlit by a small white LED? My guess at least.

Seems more orange (fire) than yellow to me. (1:45 in), but yellow I guess is fine too.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

100% agree I really don't like the button on the lockdown either. much easier to control when its on the cab closer to the flipper buttons.

For new players a flashing button in the center of the lock bar will be easier to see/find - and FIRE

#2586 5 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

Jesus. Its all the same fanboys on a different day. It's absolutely amazing how little can change on this game and suddenly it's "amazing". The rest of the world are just rolling their eyes.

So, are you getting one too?

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

Jesus. Its all the same fanboys on a different day. It's absolutely amazing how little can change on this game and suddenly it's "amazing". The rest of the world are just rolling their eyes.

Yeah, and where is the fire breathing full body Smaug huh, or the holographic Eagles that swoop down and save your draining ball! - wait, that actually isn't bad.

Just kidding, nice improvements all around.

#2632 5 years ago

We'll - Crack4pin or not, I think mods should auto ban accounts that are 1 day old that are obviously on a smear campaign to a company or another pinsider. This should get weeded out immediately with a zero tolerance for this kind of activity.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

This is going to be one FANTASTIC pin!!

Agreed. I almost cancelled my order after the expo just because it didn't look the way I imagined it would. But I like where it is going and feel much better about getting this now. I am just not sure if I want the LE or the SE?

#2637 5 years ago

Matt, those look nice man! I think a greenish/grey stone look would look best, but that is just my opinion. The sculpt is nice regardless. Also, in the movies - is the green effect on the columns from algae, copper, mold, water from years of decay?

This is a nice image (see the column in the center background) http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/thdos-trailer01-0901.jpg

#2645 5 years ago

What do you guys think about the white flippers with yellow rubbers. I think black/black would be the way to go. Thoughts?

Also, can the L O C K rollover targets change color? - just curious...

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

"Trolls are pin heads". Lol

That's just craZ

#2654 5 years ago

Can you be a casual enthusiast? I get what he is saying, it isn't fast like Stern games - it is a different animal. Some will like, others won't. To each his own. Software may not be able to 'fix it', but it should be quite a different game when complete than what he played today.

Looks like this is a more slowed down (but has flow) story pin. If I want fast TRON or IM will take care of that fix...

#2657 5 years ago

Looks to me like this game has a lot to explore and progress though the story. But I bet it takes a rather skilled player to rip through the modes. Casual players will be drawn to the pretty and theme of the pin. Experienced players will stay for the challenge. <Disclaimer: talking out of my a$$, but sounds okay to me...>

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Granted, the decapitated head looks a little weird by itself but it's not finished yet and I think the detail in the sculpt thus far is good. If they are able to mechanically bring Smaug to life with talking, lighting effects and movement, I consider it a win (even in its current state) and preferred over a tail that diverts the ball, or a claw that grabs the ball to lock or some such effect.

They may be more of a step sideways than a step back. I like the idea of playfield artwork that is more like a playfield plastic piece. Artwork printed on the backside of a piece of clear plastic that is then applied to the finished cabinet. Super durable and glossy. Might even be better than direct print.
I'm guessing one of the problems with a direct print cabinet is that all the pieces are printed before the cabinet is assembled. What a nightmare is must be to keep all the pieces undamaged through the assembly process.
The original promotion for WOZ was decals with more colors and higher definition that had previously been done. The direct print cabinets were a pleasant surprise, unfortunately it looks like JJP learned the hard way that they were not production worthy.

I was noticing this as well. I think the troll mechs take up a lot of space where inserts would go. I was also thinking that perhaps there wasn't a good way to use inserts to convey the amount of information 28+ modes might require, so they decided to use the two LCD displays instead and leave the playfield less cluttered and confusing.
Downside is I don't know how they will be able to do the amazing light shows they did with WOZ without all the inserts.

I think there are a lot of toys, just different. 11 directly controlled drop targets, four pop up targets, talking Smaug, 5" LCD and the lock bar button. And, I don't think we've seen everything yet. You could argue that the toys in the Hobbit have more potential to change up the game play than the toys in WOZ.

Cleary, JJP was going for a different type of game play with the Hobbit. We won't know how good it is until we play it. I'm hopeful because JJP has a very experienced team of designers. If they were allowed to make a game that they think is fun chances are good I will think it's fun.

In my opinion, JJP does not need to compete with WOZ. They need to compete with the other manufacturers. If they offer a machine that has more value than the competition for the price, then they've done well. It doesn't need to offer 2x the value to be a success.
WOZ was their flagship model and it needed to be spectacular for them to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost money on it.

Why does a Stern LE command $3000 more than the pro? A fairer comparison would be the Stern LE to the Hobbit. Which is only a $1000 to $1500 difference.
Even so, where is the $4000 in the Hobbit LE versus the Stern TWD Pro? I don't know yet because I haven't seen the finished Hobbit. Though perhaps not $4000 higher, from what has been shown, the BOM is certainly much higher on the Hobbit LE (invisiglass, shaker, 26" LCD, 5" LCD, RGB lighting, back glass, powder coated armor, 11 drop targets, 4 pop up targets, talking and moving Smaug, three flippers, subway, two magnets, all metal ramps and habitrails, widebody, etc...) Actually, that's a pretty impressive list.
Still, the BOM doesn't tell the whole story. The rest of the story is told by the quality and amount of engineering that is put into the game. To me, the additional value is in the depth of code, the sound content, the artwork, LCD effects and lighting. With Keith and Ted on rules, David Theil on sound and JP on LCD animation, I would say the Hobbit has the potential to be an excellent value at $4000 more than the TWD pro.

Wow! Talk about a reality check...

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Would you say you're a little T.O.ed because Smaug didn't give you a full body shot?

Not sure - full body would have been nice. But this isn't bad either. I don't think it is a deal breaker, the talking part was unexpected, so it may grow on me

#2669 5 years ago

Teeth (in the works) and voice may put the Smaug in an acceptable category for most, and very cool for others.

The LCD may look a bit better with clean up as well. Also, something else to add value to the gameplay like instructions and a feeling of progress through the story/modes... like when you complete the mode the book has some cool effect of turning a page or something similar.

#2672 5 years ago

One thing that could be done to the gold smaug that would make him even more special/unique is to make the gold pile under his chin his neck/upper body area.

EDIT: come to think of it, perhaps doing it for the red version would be good too. It would enhance the Smaug body sculpt in size, and reduce the number of coins in the back area a bit.

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

The columns really do look awesome Matt, really gives the feel from in the mountain, now imagine if they were the grey or greenish, the gold coins would really stand out,where as right now they sorta blend in.

Agree. The brown looks more like sand than stone. Greenish grey would probably look better, and ties it in with the PF art at the bottom flippers.

#2679 5 years ago

Regarding the laser cutting on the ramps. Not sure I like the text/instructions on that. How about laser-cutting DWARF runes on the right ramp that leads to the treasure room? Perhaps have it spell the same runes that are on the Erebor key "Durin Heir". And on the left ramp going to the book and bumpers have ELVISH runes that say "Rivendell", "Thranduil", "Mirkwood", or "Orcrist"?

JJP: This may help if you decide to go this route:
http://derhobbit-film.de/rune/runes.php?fsize=100&write=000000&back=ffffff&font=0&text=durin%20heir

http://derhobbit-film.de/rune/runes.php?fsize=100&write=000000&back=ffffff&font=2&text=rivendell

http://derhobbit-film.de/rune_generator.shtml#rune

And led lighting below would still be good to make them shine/glow. Everyone likes glowing runes and you have the LED book to tell people what ramp to shoot. Put cool Hobbit stuff on those ramps!

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

As a small side, I do agree with others who hope for another barrel on the third bumper...

Also, I do like the idea of a flasher in the barrel area in addition to the 3rd popper barrel. Could you place the flasher behind the poppers (or in the area) and have them flash blue (water) instead of yellow?

#2807 5 years ago

The worg 'troll' toy seems to be a bit too large and it is cutting off his bottom jaw from view - or is that just me?

#3038 5 years ago

I agree, the Vengeance toy is nice. I have been trying to find a good model of that one, and they are hard to come by. Sterns is one of the best I have seen.

Back to the Hobbit, Smaug will be corrected a bit by Matt, and teeth will add a lot, so I expect it will actually turn out better than most people think. Actually I am not too worried about Smaug anymore. I actually think Bag End area needs some attention (and I bet it gets it). I think the biggest issue is using a fan layout in a wide body. I could suck as much as rock - time will tell.

#3070 5 years ago

Though I like that the VUKs are now wire, do the VUK's need to sit so high? Can they be given a lower profile? that candy cane look just isn't so cool looking to me.

Here is a link the whitewood for the original wire ramps. Not too bad really. I like the VUKs snake like return in the whitewood.

I actually like the ways these looks a bit more, but they moved them closer to the edge to not obstruct the PF view. This is fine, but it seems like it made the VUKs look a bit boring. Thoughts? I would like to see the current VUKs styled a bit more. Not a big deal, but I think it would help continue to improve the aesthetics of the game.

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I hadn't really realized the change was so big on the VUKs

I actually do prefer the whitewood VUKs over the current the more I look at it. I think it is soo cool having the ball return in cool looking rails. Also, don't give me the argument that it is to show more PF art...WOZ has two rails that cross right across the center and I think it is a good look.

#3088 5 years ago

Also, I really like the barrel poppers - hopefully they can still show them prominently even with the Book LCD - that corner was shaping up to look so cool in the original design. All that water and barrels would look really nice up there.

#3091 5 years ago

I noticed it right away, and thought 'oh man, why did they do that!?' - if they don't go back to the original VUKs at least pretty up what they have now - please

#3093 5 years ago

not sure they are faster, they drop the ball to the side. the originals fire it toward the front to intersect with the other rail. I haven't timed it, but it looks like it get the flipper at about the same time with either design. And the original VUK design may give better visibility the back corner / book LCD anyway...

#3127 5 years ago

I hope that the teeth fit in a way to have them not showing when the mouth is fully closed.

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I like the asymmetrical decals on the LE, Hope they do the same with the SE.

I wish they would do more than just mirror images on the SE, but they may have no choice.

#3158 5 years ago

I thought 200 was reasonable, and lower than I would have guessed. What should it be? 50 bucks!?

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But....Matt, come on man. Vertical video?!

I LOVE that video RobT - man that is great! Thanks for sharing that. I will do my part to help stop this disease.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Showed my wife the pdf's and she likes the Smaug SE better than the Hobbit LE.

Same here

#3290 5 years ago

Thanks for posting this! It was very interesting to watch.

1 week later
#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

new pics from today, looking fantastic!!
1549293_896378233714107_90383703... 136 KB
10846111_896377933714137_8406784... 114 KB
1461590_896380040380593_75374131... 136 KB
10850293_896380010380596_4559405... 120 KB
10858443_896377907047473_5742864... 97 KB

I think I would go with black rubbers and flippers, but that is just me

#3338 5 years ago

Jack/JJP,

Since there is a small delay - you may be able to incorporate some of the image/print assets from the 3rd movie? If so, can/will the Smaug SE cabinet be able to include a different image of Smaug to prevent mirroring of the same image on both sides?

#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Even if Rob left out every other word and spelled the remaining words backwards he would still have better grammar and sentence structure than Ek. Lol.

Tis is absultuly histerical!

1 week later
#3505 4 years ago

SE looks a bit too plain to me - good idea - just not for me.

Going to switch back to the LE

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Surprise, my ass. He may have said that to other people, but Gabe sees and knows all...

What the hell does this mean!?!?!?

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Don't get me wrong, the dragon looks great, but i like the characters better.

Yeah me too. I went back and forth on this. Had Jen switch from LE to SE and back to LE. I just think the characters on the cab is the best choice. I like having all the dwarves, the elf characters, and villains too (guess we have to take the good with the bad on those). Also, I do want the rails to match the trim - and the LE cab decals just seem to blend so well with the backglass. Both SE and LE are good, I just have to give the nod to the LE.

#3572 4 years ago

They both look really nice to me, a hard choice but I am going with the SE. I think I will also get the PF protector and the thick decals to make it super shiny and as rugged as possible.

Pictures would be great from JJP but not if they aren't done with the pin yet. The gold trim is hard for me to pass up. Are the rails also gold coated to match?

#3625 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Did you notice the young boy mesmerized with the LCD display? He spent 90% of his time watching it vs. the game play. To me, that really demonstrates how dated the DMD's are, and will be. LCD > DMD > EM reels

I noticed that too, and while I agree with you I think the reason was he was too short to really see the playfield.

EDIT: Wait, watched it again...and you're right - he could see the PF well enough, but preferred watching the back glass monitor.

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Asked my 13 year old son and his friend. Both picked LE cabinet - they liked seeing all the characters. That was before I told them that Smaug on playfield for both. Both look great looking forward to game!

I gave my kids the same test and they preferred SE. I think if you like the LE then get it - that way the SE is even fewer in number

They both look nice to me anyway.

#3633 4 years ago

The Smaug in general as well as the bag end area hasn't impressed me much. I guess I have just grown accepting of it. Still getting one, so I guess it isn't soooo bad. I just think JJP could have done better

2 weeks later
#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Any picts or updates of Hobbit? I heard new code being shown would like to see some video of it in play.

It looks the same hardware already seen with a software update - so I would think that this is still not the final package on the hardware side. Just a guess though...

I think there is more recent cab with PF updates that they are developing with internally and not yet shipping to, and demoing, at Expos.

#3676 4 years ago

Do you think, hope or know

think/hope - I don't know for sure.

#3704 4 years ago

Give it a chance to see the completed pin before judging - it may turn out fine

JJP has pushed back on the date to get the details right - I am sure there are several things that can be cleaned up before the final version.

1 week later
#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So either they changed the contract, they breached the contract or there wasn't really a contract at all. Is there any other option?

I think it could have been in the 'contract' but was pushed back due to the licensing push back that caused redesigns. Also, the licensor may have not been able to produce feedback, or materials, in a timely manner so both sides agreed to push the deadline to provide a better product. Whatever the reason, I am sure it the best for JJP / WB / and likely most of the hobbit pinball buyers.

Quoted from lowepg:

Since when was being "ontime" equated to "unpolished and/or poor quality."

They certainly aren't the same, but I would not say it is unusual to push a deadline to improve quality. Happens all the time in many industries. Blizzard, the company that makes World of Warcraft and other top selling titles have the motto "It will be done when it's done..."

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

And does anyone have an idea of what the button does on the lock bar?

Diverter at top of ramps, or for the wind lance, or both?

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Hopefully, it's to put the ring on and take it off. Like you only get 30 seconds per game (you can earn more somehow) to wear it, but when you have it "on" you have certain advantages/disadvantages during play. That would be cool!

I am trying to think of a few things that could be used for:

1. When activated for the next 10 seconds you get shoot again on a drain.
2. Automatically scores a missing target (like the last roll over to start a lock), or a popup target on a hurry up.
3. If Smuag was blocking a ramp using a diverter this could trip it back (essentially letting you get by it)

#4036 4 years ago

If it just a decal, I would prefer it just be off and stay black along the top - like WOZ. IF it is a decal

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's weak if so...why put a distracting decal there? I think it's a flasher.

Agree, it should at least be that...

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

...a missed opportunity for us you mean...but it won't be a missed opportunity for them to make a few more bucks when they sell the add-on camera or whatever else is supposed to go in there ... and also available shortly after TH release, for a nominal non-compromising fee... here is your Bagend mod, and your waterfalls mod, and your Smaug mod, and your Hobbit topper mod...
Am I forgetting anything?

Well, if they decide not to include the PF mods you pointed out an launch, perhaps Matt will provide them like they did with the tornado, castle, and toto that are in the RR version. Hopefully, in this time away from updates they are adding the mod candy to the machine

#4055 4 years ago

By the way, it would be cool to have a waterfall mod that was lite up\built in a way that make it look like moving water

The bag end would have been an ideal spot for a gorgeous mod - missed it if they just stick to PF art and flat plastic. If they keep the Smaug treasure pile the way it was last presented, that is a missed opp too. That pile could have LED lit gems that would make that area very pretty as well.

1 week later
#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think at this point we need to give them a chance to present a final vision.

I agree, I am sure that JJP has a final that is better than what we have seen so far. They know that PF improvements will directly impact more sells - so they will give it their best shot. I really doubt that what we have seen lately is the final ...

#4207 4 years ago

Now this is an update

Ok, so with the nice red smaug and the greenish stone will give even more color

I have the SE on order, but I will probably get the Red one as well and swap it out.

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I am pretty sure you can, but I could be wrong remember reading it in the JJP forum

I though you could get either as well, but could get the 'other' color for an additional fee. I think it was only 200 if I recall. If so I am getting both.

#4218 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I like the red Smaug, but he isn't really that red in the movie ... or the book. I am sticking with the gold Smaug in my SE.

True, but I like the JJP Smaug version too

#4244 4 years ago

Now that I think about it - the book was supposed to be in Bag End, and that was supposed to be THE bag end toy (but people yelled and they move it back - and that screwed up the barrels). I would rather it just be back in Bag End but I know that ship has sailed. Too bad, the left is looking better, but the bag end area is just sparse as hell.

#4245 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...I liked the feet sticking out of the second barrel. I'd actually rather have that if there's only one character.

I agree, I really like the feet barrel. That was great!

JJP said that they are done - but that doesn't mean we have seen the final. So perhaps they got that area fixed up a bit.

What I would suggest is give the right VUK a lower profile (more like the whitewood was) and bring the book closer to the VUK, and therefore player, then they could bring the full barrels back into play and perhaps add a waterfall, or stream bank where the book is. That would look much better in my opinion and very easy to do I would think. They already have most of the parts... Heck, if they don't I may request a few pieces from Matt on the side as a custom order and try to fix it up myself

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Maybe Matt will make a moulded Bag End for that area and release it as an official mod, similar to what happened with the castle walls on WOZ.

I am very much hoping. Clearly they have given the book a lot of thought in the game play/modes, but they just phoned in the PF implementation

#4297 4 years ago

When is the next 'scheduled' appearance of the pin - and do you think that will likely be the final production model?

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know the range of the 4 digit number you could have for your SE? For instance, is it 1-1000 or 1-2000?

My understanding it isn't of any preset number. So I would expect it would just have your number. Like SE #612

I don't think JJP is going to release the actual number of SEs made...not sure though.

EDIT: Nevermind...I think it is 1500. Sorry about that.

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am concerned about dirt trapped beneath the playfield protector. It's hard to imagine that the game is going to be used so heavily at home that the playfield will be damaged. At least, that's my guess. We'll see.

But that would be an edge issue - I think it would be hard to get dust under the bulk/center of the playfield.

I am thinking about adding one to mine for the following reasons:
1. Protect it better (worried about chipping issues reported from WOZ owners)
2. Shinier surface?
3. Not too expensive?

I guess in short it is probably more helpful than harmful. Also, planning on getting the RAD Cals (still don't like that name really). It will be glossy looking as hell on the cabinet, so the PF needs that extra pop from the PF protector.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

There are 4 pop-ups on The Hobbit playfield

good point

1 week later
#4456 4 years ago

I think he means in the game (completed). I don't mind the delay in updates if they are still finalizing it. If not why not just show it? My thoughts are they are still in pre production clean up/detailing.

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

The actual dress IS blue and black, which is why those colors are the correct answer.
http://mashable.com/2015/02/26/buy-blue-black-white-gold-dress/
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Man, we ain't got time for facts!

EDIT: This is the hobbit thread and we are talking about dresses. DRESSES - WTF!!!

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I'm hoping this long gap between updates means that something positive is happening towards game development (and I'm not talking about coding) ...

I think they are holding back to make a big final reveal - with shipping now.

1 week later
#4544 4 years ago

Going nuts for an update - throw us something JJP

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

parts suppliers was the excuse used with WOZ

#4608 4 years ago

In a hole in the ground there lived a .... update thread. Perhaps Saturday will have some really cool update info to discuss.

#4615 4 years ago

Perhaps a more updated model with be at the Ohio Expo this weekend. With a bigger audience we are likely to get more/better pictures, video, and player feedback.

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Does anyone feel that JJP appreciates other pinball drama deflecting from the fact that the machines are late again and no one is paying attention?

I think it is part of the process sometimes, and they are doing the best they can to deliver a good product as soon as they can. I don't think they want drama to distract anyone - if anything perhaps a little understanding?

For what's it worth I think a lot of people are paying very close attention, and for me personally; I would rather wait a bit longer if they are trying to provide the best pin they can.\

EDIT: My understanding is that they are ordering parts and preparing to build anyway - so not long now.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

On Pinball Stars Facebook page there is a video showing the playfield book displaying scenes from the third movie. If they've had the third movie footage, hopefully the shipping date won't be too much longer.

I think that is from the trailer?

#4675 4 years ago

I ordered the PF protector and the rad-cals, but I am going to cancel the rad-cals. I don't want it too shiny to be honest. The PF is where I am on the fence - I want the PF to be protected well, but I don't want a cloud effect.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really don't think you need the protector in a home environment. The only thing that concerns me is that VUK hole by Bag End. That puppy's gonna take a serious beating without some kind of Cliffy or something. Seems like a big design flaw.

I think a cliffy should work out on the VUK. I'll need the money spent on PF protectors and radcals to get more game MODs anyway

Matt is sure to throw a few together for purchase

#4679 4 years ago

by the way, with that big line of folks flippin' on the hobbit we should have some good video in 3 ... 2...

#4681 4 years ago

Can someone with a relatively modern smart phone, and ability to upload non private videos to You Tube please go over and take 5 minutes of good hobbit gameplay footage please?

Thanks in advance

#4683 4 years ago

With JJP, Stern kicking out new and VE models, MMr, AMH, etc. etc. seems like Pinball is getting more and more popular - I think it is awesome. Now go ahead Mr. Jack and send me my most honorable hobbit.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You know what? I've realized I don't care. I guess I'm too happy playing the great Star Trek Premium. You have yourself a great day!

That is all well and good, but why are you so pissed off about the hobbit?

#4895 4 years ago

Any updates or announcements out of JJP's talk tonight?

#4900 4 years ago

Since JJP sometimes comes on Pinside, and I am getting nothing back from shows. Here is a list of a few questions I would like to pose to JJP

Game
------
Is the prototype shown the final version? I think the answer is ‘it is DONE’ via Jack himself – but I haven’t seen the wind lance in action AT ALL, lock bar button / diverter functionality AT ALL? Is it DONE and we haven’t seen the completed pin yet?

When is the game going to ship? NOTE: I am not trying to troll or give JJP grief or push for it to be done ASAP - this is just for planning purposes for pre order customers (like me) (Spring, Summer?)

Will The Hobbit include a topper – like the WOZ SE and 75th versions?

Does the Prototype model deployed at the Shows the final version of the RadCals? If not what is the difference between them and the final version? Are they easy to replace? Any videos or manuals on how this is done?

Will the game provide wireless/internet functionality for patching, updates, servicing, worldwide high score, etc.

Gameplay and Code
----------------------
Will the first release of the game include all modes and assets from all three movies? If not, will more modes be added in future software releases?

Wind lance? I haven’t seen any play from that yet?

Lock bar button? DITTO

Sound
------
Will there be any ‘special pinball’ call outs from actors in the movie? If so, who?

Will the game have sound a likes for the call outs? If so, who?

Will the game have music made specifically for the pinball?

Playfield
---------
Are the playfield toys on the prototype the final version (and no more to add)?

If yes, then do you expect that Matt (Back Alley Creations) to provide more/replacement toys similar to what was done with the WOZ 75th?

Do you plan on providing Mods (like Stern) for side panel, additional toys, etc?

Now that Smaug doesn’t spin all the way around from behind a mountain – can the bib (gold pile under his chin) be decouple from Smaugs head to make it look more realistic? Why would the whole pile move under him as he moves?

???? Seems like a lot of questions for a done pinball machine to me Am I missing something?

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

may/june is what butch said at tps, depending on parts availability.

Arcade Repair Tips may upload that talk soon. Here is the playlist of what they have so far on YouTube from the TPF:

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That translates to July, August or possibly September.

Not sure...I think December translated to June ... I don't think it will go much past that (but who knows - you may be right)

#5029 4 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Thanks for the video

The Hobbit is a great theme and JJP has access to great sound, image, and video assets - so the game should look and sound fantastic. My only worry is about the gameplay with the redesigns - though they made a good point about having a way into the poppers via Bag End.

My other worry is that Pat's game is going to be so nice it may trump The Hobbit on gameplay (and perhaps even in the look and sound). So - do I keep in The Hobbit, or wait for #3

#5090 4 years ago

To your point, it would be nice to get an update email from JJP (or a detailed status report in the Google group would be nice). Just a thoughtful, here is where we are, some detailed pics, and what to expect in the next few weeks/months. Just a simple touch point

#5092 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I anything they should be sending some updates to the actual paying customers on the Google Group, but it's been crickets over there for months as well. It is what it is I guess.
I really believe they're just waiting on updated parts, as I remember reading something that they had to re-make all the heads for the popups at the last minute because WB wanted their logo stamped onto them. I'd be shocked if production has not begun by June 1st. They want it out the door just as much as we do.
I just focus on other stuff & when it gets here, it gets here.

I agree, but why don't they say it - instead of customers guessing it?

#5094 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Because this is the business of pinball, where everything is and will be a mystery.

Ah, admittedly I am new to pinball, and not used to pre pay models, or not getting product feedback. But I guess I can/should get used to it.

#5125 4 years ago

The Hobbit gameplay.

2015 Michigan pinball expo - Arcade Raiders

#5149 4 years ago

I don't think the game is designed to be fast - it appears to be setup to have a rich mode system and wants to provide lots of skill shots and hurry ups. I want to feel that I am going on a adventure - like Bilbo - and go through the story. Getting a super fast flow with short ball times wouldn't help that cause.

#5154 4 years ago

Not sure if expectations are too high or what .... but this will be a good pin.

#5159 4 years ago

beelzeboob....you have to play it in Allentown and let me know what you think.

#5162 4 years ago

I am on the fence still - after the first reveal I was like 'uh, I'm out!', but thought I would wait and see how the next few months go. If the current is the 'final' final I may cancel too. I just want to see JJP roll out a final machine and say - this is it - and then decide. I know there are some small things not seen so far - updated sling axes, diverter/wind lance, final Smaug interaction, etc. I would play it if you had a chance. Why just get it to turn it over right away?

The Hobbit theme may be clouding my judgment (I really like the theme a lot). Not sure if I should just get WOZ or wait for JJP #3...What I really would like is a TRON VE/Premium (but I don't want to start a TRON sh!tstorm in this thread). What to do, what to do....

#5193 4 years ago

Guys, please wait for final on this pin before bailing...it is still improving. Jack said the beasts now have lights, and lots of other enhancements. I will wait for the for the final version before I decide...I like were its going.

#5196 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I would have really liked to see more mechanical toys in this game and with such a wide open playfield the ball seemed to just float 3/4 of the way up the playfield many times and slooooowly roll back down.

I am going to give the hobbit a good pitch, and strengthen the bottom flippers - this is the reason I am getting the PF protector - the ball will have more zip on it. Also, with the 4 popups the ball will feel quicker due to so much redirection. The more I think about this game I want it to slow down a bit - I want to have the time to glance at the LCD. Also, I am not a great pinball player (rather new to it), and my family and friends have never, or rarely, played pinball so a slower mode based game with clear directions should be a great pin to have. When I am ready for the faster, flow based game I am going to get a nice Stern LE/Premium (ST, or TRON) or Guardians of the Galaxy???

#5207 4 years ago

I'd love to get some high def pics of the newest hobbit pin at the Midwest Gaming Classic...

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Sadly after the Predator fiasco I can't risk staying in on this no matter how miniscule it may be. Good luck to you guys im sure the game will eventually be great.

I understand. I just hate to see people bail that really wanted this pin have the chance to make their decision on the final version.

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It's not like its "now or never" to buy the pin.
I'm anxious to see one and play one - once it's DONE- and then decide if I want to buy. If it follows the WOZ timing, the final software is many months away - so - plenty of time to decide.

I am referring to people that preordered at 7500 or even 8

#5223 4 years ago

I am going to get it and play the heck out of it! #excited

#5224 4 years ago

Thanks. Still waiting for your extensive review including at least a 5 minutes long video

At a minimum grab about 10 high def shots of anything you see as 'new'

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why is 50% complete to be expected at this point? The project was supposed to be done last year was it not? I don't get why the tweaks made since its first public flipping would mean losing all that was some before

Code completion isn't my concern on this pin at all - or the game modes. The only downers to me are the smaug area (though it is growing on me), and the bag end area (I think that could be more populated). But all in all, I am still going to keep my order. The game/ball speed is ok to me as well.

#5251 4 years ago

I agree, I don't mind the longer wait for a better hobbit.

On another note, did any hobbit fans happen to take any video or pics of the machine at the midwest gaming classic (MGC?). Apparently it had some new hardware on it.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New hardware eh? Interesting.

Nothing major - Smaug has light up eyes, the popups have light up eyes (not sure if they are the same or lightly improved). Stuff like that...eye candy (no pun intended)

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You know what's funny is watching this new video, you barely notice the axes that are still too big and not necessary at all now with so much going on.

True, but I hope they shrink them a tad and leave them on

#5340 4 years ago

JJP removed the 4th flipper, and could have removed the 3rd if needed. They must have a reason to keep it - we'll have to wait to see what. I suspect it is for the lance, but could be more...

EDIT: My guess on the 3rd flipper is that when you fire the lance the left scoop with uncover for just enough time to get one shot off the upper right flipper - then they cover it back up. This will force you to have to reload the lance and fire again. This will feel like a very tough - and really satisfying shot.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Huh... I much prefer the VUK return wireforms from the video as opposed to the current version. Mustn't have worked well or something? Sorry if I'm late to this realization...
VUK.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

I wish they would use those wireforms too - perhaps I can buy them and coat them to match. I really like those a lot better. They went with the others to show more PF art probably and re-use the same that are on WOZ to reduce costs?

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like your posts.
And the upper flipper is used to kill Smaug. Sorry you didn't order one???

The good news is that they are still available for order. So you can get one...or go to the hobbit update thread and tell everyone you think it sucks really really bad over and over...

#5361 4 years ago

By the way, 30 modes isn't that great - there should be 50 or don't bother. And the pinball needs to be really fu#(* fast!

#5397 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed. This is not the sign of a project that's remotely on schedule. So it goes, not throwing stones, just saying that it's not really reassuring to hear that we're this far in the game and they're just now looking for voice actors.

True, but it shouldn't take too long to record and use voice actors - they could even be planning to add those touches after the games ships as software updates.

#5400 4 years ago

I can understand why people are raising a bit of hell about it being late, but here is my take on it: If they had finished the pin and are just waiting for parts or like causes for the delay I would be disappointed too, but they seem to be adding improvements to the game, getting actors for call outs (which I will be very appreciative of), and things like that. So if they are continuing to add value to the hobbit then I will wait. Within reason of course. Not sure where it the breaking point for me is yet. I would be surprised if it takes to the end of summer and after that I would give it the ole WTF? ...

#5402 4 years ago

I do agree that transparent communication about the true state of the project would be great. I think Jack likes giving surprises on the features - and perhaps I am giving him the benefit of the doubt with that reason. Perhaps it is better to just let people know what is going on? They can put it in a favorable light - like we are continuing to improve the pin into what we feel best represents our company and to make the pin as fun as we can. Not something like, excuse a, excuse b - we're trying...

One thing is for sure, after the expo they did a ton to get it back to a favorable status - what if they had gone with that version???? /shudder

#5406 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Says the man with the "Bash Gary" Avatar.

Yes, I freely admit my personal complicity in this scandal, having actively encouraged such openly rebellious but exceedingly funny behavior.
PS - I'm just kidding, of course. Please don't change it.

LOL

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ah balls! Confusing rules? How could that be the two "greater" coders working on the game? I guess I could just hit the flippers non stop like a 4 year old and watch the movie on the display.

Or it could be a prototype with uncompleted code...

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hobbit in 2016.

Ouch - don't say that again! My heart can't take it

#5464 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, there is definitely a down side to announcing a pin when it's done since they can't really change/improve things at that point like they have done with TH. Still...I personally would rather see them announce the game when it's ready to go.

But what if they did that with the hobbit this time - not sure, scratch that, I am sure I would have cancelled.

#5546 4 years ago

Don't feed the trolls guys - they are clearly mentally challenged or just good ole fashioned crazy.

#5549 4 years ago

Tough questions!!! They don’t come across as tough, thoughtful, inspiring, thought provoking, or insightful. They come across as spiteful, malicious, vindictive and borderline crazy. How do you think they sound? Do yourself, and us, a HUGE favor and GTFO?

Or as Gandalf would say “Fly you fools!”

Something like this (This damn thread is turning me into Doyle)

#5567 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Why feed the trolls? Enough, draining subject, nothing of value here. I'll go to JJP for updates when I feel the need for any real updates.

I am with you John, every now and again we get good updates in this thread, and then we get JJP haters coming on here and spewing this crap. Then they have the gall to say "I just want it to be good, or I am just looking out for the JJP buyer, blah, blah, blah". Seriously, as someone else pointed out - please take that shit to another thread so we can just focus this one on hobbit updates. Don't come in here with that crap. If we want to read it, and it has any merit whatsoever, we will certainly go and read it in the other thread.

I would love for JJP to start saturating this thread with cool updates, news, mode information, and all that. If JJP just wants to place info on the Google group to save time we would be happy to post it here as well.

#5572 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

JJP has already produced something like 2,500 pins. I am not worried.

I agree, pics of stockpiles of parts would be for a manufacturing proof of a company that hasn't produced in large numbers. There have been literally thousands of WOZ machines built, shipped, and played...so no worries on the hobbit.

#5592 4 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Personally, I assign no credibility in the statements of anonymous posters. Even (especially) if I know who they are. If you have something important to say than why hide behind a screen name?
In the interest of full disclosure I preordered and received WOZLE and have a Hobbit ordered also.
Parker 248-361-9349.

Trolls, by nature, just throw crap and hide. They usually create new accounts, in part to hide their identity - or because their other account was banned/suspended.

#5601 4 years ago

My guess is that you would have to hold/charge the bow with the button to get the ball up to the right flipper, and then make the required shot to the left scoop. Talk about a rewarding shot to hit

#5613 4 years ago

It's f*cking amazing

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll watch you.

Quoted from spfxted:

...and I'll watch you watching him...

Sounds like Hedonism ... wait .. what?

#5673 4 years ago

If you have The Hobbit on pre-order and you are tired of waiting - cancel your order. If you have The Hobbit on pre-order and you are tired of waiting, but really want the pin - don't cancel your order. If you don't have a pre-order ...

Also, I really do think that Jack wants to get the production line going. But thank goodness he is being very QC centric. Please don't rush this out, even though it is behind schedule, with 'issues'. Thanks!

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what I love about Pinside. Only the idiots are hated here.

You must resist interaction with thread trolls - though I admin it is easier said than done. I just place them on ignore. But here is the problem for me - I keep un-ignoring them just to see what kind of crazy stuff they are saying

#5732 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would be worried if I still had money on this.

I do, and not worried.

#5735 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My dad has an edition with that dust jacket...maybe it's a first? I'll have to check.

If you can't get your hands on an original this is a great one to have on hand. (I own it, and it is really nice)

amazon.com link »

#5748 4 years ago

I am hoping for a last minute Bag End toy - and possibly a better gold pile?

#5827 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've seen them both in person now. The gold looks like ass. Sell the gold. Get a bronze. Pocket the $500. Thank me later.

I know you have been partial to the LE version...and me Smaug SE. BUT - I haven't seen either in person. Does gold really look that bad? (you know ... like ass)

#5868 4 years ago

No denying JJP has pretty pins - I just don't know if I want the SE or LE version...(actually I am leaning LE and the kids SE)

#5880 4 years ago

Actually that may be a mod, as well as more toys from Matt (like 75th). Also, I think it would be cool to get a blue LED in that back right corner - or perhaps have a blue flasher. In fact, I think it would be good to have blue flashers in the back right - yellow flasher at gold pile and green ones on the left and right sides.

#5947 4 years ago