47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9343 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Have fun. I'm thinking about locking down a Smaug, but can't afford to get it too soon. Wife murder... So maybe put it on order somewhere?

Automated service still has a few, they're only asking for a $250 deposit fwiw.

1 month later
#9403 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow. Sounds bitchin! Must not be coded yet? I really hope we see some significant code updates pile in soon on this game.

I did notice that hitting the back subway behind Smaug (not the left VUK) lead to one of the VUK holes. Maybe it is already programmed and we just don't know how it works? IE, if you hold a flipper while the ball is in the subway it diverts.

1 week later
#9520 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

It's finally in the house

Number 808? Are they that far along already?

#9523 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Smaug with RAD-Cals arrived today!

Gorgeous pictures!!

2 weeks later
#9559 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Here's another video of the Hobbit update v1.01 in action
» YouTube video

Could you check if youtube lets you rotate the video properly?

#9573 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, after you collect all the dwarves it will start or be available to start. There's a video somewhere of the animations. JJP facebook has it.

Here is the direct link to the feast frenzy video:
https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/videos/1080076358677626/

1 week later
#9721 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

WoZ apron mod is pretty much dead due to the new version of linux they are using, messed up the 2nd screen resolution

I think Keith is trying to take a crack at this in the owners group. If you're not already a member there shoot Jen an e-mail and you can look up the topic on it.

#9723 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yep. He has been awesome. He tried a special delta update. It changed the resolution but not to the correct one. Can't expect him to do anything as it's all 3rd party and he has a lot of work to do! However I will leave it installed just in case

I hope there is a fix for it at some point, I'd love to get the little screen mod for hobbit.

1 month later
#9795 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

For the most part game played great out of the box for me (4 days now since first opened). Had one reset issue when ball went into pops. One of the pop ups (Gobliln) registers a hit when initially going up (happens intermittently). Had a couple of balls stuck in traps but ball search popped them out quickly enough...
Game is sweet!

I have the same issue with my Goblin. It is about 50% of the time he just insta dies.

Also, my windlance up post was missing a piece of rubber and had magnetized itself in the down position since the metal was touching metal. To fix it temporarily I stuck a zip tie through the hole so it breaks contact and the post can move up.

The other issue I'm waiting on a with the factory is my Smaug's mouth motor seems dead. If I use a multimeter I can see the voltages toggle on the brown wire, but can it gets no movement . Smaug is a pita to take apart btw.

#9798 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Are you sure it's not a connector? My Smaug wouldn't work, and I found the data connector was not tight. I reseated and Smaug came back to life. Not a problem since.

I'm 90% sure it isn't the cable. I've tried reseating it and that hasn't helped. Frank had me tear down Smaug to under the top metal plate to check where the motor connects to the Smaug board. I reseated that cable and still no help. If I check eith my multimeter I get these voltages for the motor wires:
Brown 3 (drops from 3 volts to .8 volts when talking should happen)
Red 4
Orange(or yellow?) .4

#9800 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Sorry if this is a dumb suggestion, but did you check that the Smaug mouth settings are still around 120 for minimum and 150 for maximum?

Mine came set at 115 for the min, and 137 for the max. I've tried adjusting these up and down beyond where they came set at and it hasn't helped.

4 months later
#9883 7 years ago

So excited. I've got people coming over in two hours, hoping the code hits before then .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.