Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 6 years ago

Yeah, totally cracking up over the vendors falling all over each other to pimp on this thread..

So, which one of you guys has a five year layaway plan so I can actually afford a Hobbit LE?

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That would be me! LOL!
edit----oops, you meant a distributor selling, well start sending me $200 month and it will be yours at year 5 when Im done playing it!

12k by the best christmas you'll ever have becuase you sold a 5 year old pin for 12k lol..

2 months later
#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So when the lights are doing their full on fruitloop rainbow mode, just dancing through the whole spectrum over and over, they kind of "shimmer", it's like you're looking through high heat, they kind of wiggle up and down. The whole playfield almost seems to be undulating, it's a weird optical illusion.
I wondered if it was the invisiglass, if it is it's not just from one little angle, you can see it easily moving around and from normal playing angles. And it only happens when they do the full RGB spectrum changes, you can't see it during any other lighting modes.
I saw it the other night on Robert Winter's LE too, so it's definitely not just one machine (and the other people in the room see it too, not just me). They were both LEs with invisiglass though.
Anyways, I didn't really care for the effect, it was kinda of unpleasant. Not a big deal, just sort of off putting, and I'd prefer to not have it. Star Trek does nothing of the sort, but I've never seen it with invisiglass to be fair.

It's an intentional visual effect. Very subtle, but it does have the effect of making the playfield look like you're describing.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

rear accessible scoop

I'm coining the term "JJP Pooper Scooper" right now. Just for the record.

Sliding standups? That ain't innovation if true. EM's did that back in the 60's, man. But it would be cool to see them make a return.

#951 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Isn't the goalie in WCS94 a sliding standup?

Technically, sure, but it's not meant for you to INTENTIONALLY shoot it for a reward. And I'm talking specifically about actual standup round type targets, not really Mick-on-a-Sticks.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

man, i truly dig the idea of a cam below playfield showing on led backbox of lower playfield action.
that's seriously a cool visual concept to test

Gollum's Cave? =P

5 months later
#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just to justify my math:
1.5 x 1.5 x .75 = 1.6875
2.25 x 2 x 2 = 9
9 / 1.6875 = 5.33333

You're counting the negative space of that cube? REALLY?

6 months later
#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from B9:

check out the bonus screen

HOB_Bonus.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That cracked me up at TPF. Seeing as how my game was less than 3 minutes long and over 30 min wait to play, that's about all I actually saw of the game. Bummer.

1 week later
#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

The goal is everyone receives their machine at a time promised by the company without excuses.

Funny, it looks to me like you're phishing for valid email addresses for exploitation.

1 month later
#6386 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

...with finished code!

And without social media BS.

Wow man, 8k for a pin and now you get harrassed to do promotion for them as well. Hope that's an option for owners to turn it on/off. Yecch.

Best part about the QueCat was that it was cat shaped.

#6429 4 years ago

Random question....when did Thiel leave Stern, or are these guys working on a contract basis for each game? Just based on Thiel's work on Tron Legacy alone, it's a disgrace they would let him go anywhere... that was a smart snag by JJP. Sorry if this is old news to everyone else but I just put 1 and 1 together.

#6438 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

but mostly driven by the band supporting it

All I'm going to say is do your research. Lots of the music in that game is NOT Daft Punk, but an amazing copycat effort on the part of Thiel.

WOZ has some REALLY annoying sounds. Aside from the general complaint of the music, the one that stands out the most to me is the super loud high pitched "DING!" that happens occasionally, and I'm really not a fan of the tilt warning, because it's not obvious enough as to what it is, IMO. Thiel used a really bad one on Star Trek though....that transporter sound is just ear piercing.. = \

Sorry, didn't mean to derail, I'm done with that.

#6462 4 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

To clarify: I have never been an employee of a pinball company (except when I did video game audio for Gottlieb). Since 2006 each pin audio package was a new contract. After Mustang was done I decided to take a break from my existing client. I've known Pat Lawlor since 1984 when we worked together at Action Graphics. I sent Pat an email when he announced his return congratulating him. Pat replied and asked if I was available and I was. When I talked with JJP they asked if I would help with The Hobbit audio package as well. I am thrilled to work on the JJP hardware system. More CPU, 1000 times more memory and good speakers takes away so many audio limitations and gives me the tools to provide great audio for the player. I am psyched about the headphone jack as well. Back to Middle Earth....

Awesome! Always nice to hear straight from "the guy".

2 weeks later
#6731 4 years ago

I've heard of carguments but this is just retarded.

Also, can one of the mods delete the linked games to this thread?

#6789 4 years ago

Draining the thread since mods refuse to boot the people continuing the cargument even after they were warned. Oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside