47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordtudoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6009 8 years ago

Without ever seeing his factory in person or in pictures, I have to believe that JJP is truly a boutique pinball manufacturer with one single dedicated production line. He can't/won't switch from one model to the next and back again as it is not economical. He is probably making "WOZ's" only and will determine when that model is exhausted, at which time he will switch to "The Hobbit". As long as there is demand for "WOZ" the factory will be producing to fill the pipeline. If Jack had said two years ago that he would still be making "WOZ's" today, do you think anybody would have pre-ordered "The Hobbit"? In hindsight it boiled down to this: Would you be willing to save $1000 by paying for a game today and receiving it in two years? If the answer is "no" then don't ever pre-order a pinball machine from anyone. Realistically, you will see "The Hobbit" late summer to late fall.

1 month later
#6509 8 years ago

When I jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago I had a choice. I selected the LE and never wavered. I liked the overall compatibility with the metal trim and seeing all the characters. The SE was mostly about one character from the movies. BUTT I respect anyone who likes the SE artwork. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

1 month later
#7499 8 years ago

The only way "The Hobbit" would be considered a "deal" is when the day occurs that the demand far outstrips the supply and the prevailing price is well above what you paid. Until then you are losing money. If you had taken the $7500 that some folks forked over three years ago and put it in the stock market, I would venture to say you would better off than the $8500 it costs today for an LE model. Would it be considered a "deal" if six months after the game is in production that used LE's surface in the used market at $7000 or less? It's all relative, Weedhopper.

1 month later
#8542 8 years ago

I didn't think anybody in Dubai would have to cancel anything...ever.

6 months later
#9512 8 years ago

What would happen if they shipped games with the flippers cranked all the way up? You would probably end up with a lot more broken parts than some sheet metal ramps. So the smart thing to do is to ship the games with mediocre flipper strength. The true player is going to hear by word of mouth or "Pinside" to set the flippers at 23 and tilt the playfield to 7 degrees. Then everyone will be happy. Then you can play at your own risk.

6 months later
#9861 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Ordered mine in November of 2013 and still waiting...

If it is any consolation I received THEE call today from Katie telling me my game is ready to ship. The original order date is Dec. 13, 2012, with JJP direct. It is LE #1498 with Rad-cals. I will be posting pictures once I get it in the basement. That should take me a week with no help available. Stay tuned boys and girls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordtudoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=fordtudoor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.