Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 6 years ago

Be for you all get your panties in a bunch this is a funny move clip not a statement on the game.

#302 6 years ago

14.jpg The small item top center outside of the playfield is it mechanical?

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same here. It's going to be interesting to hear just what type of toys are filling up the IO board more then WOZ. Here's some guesses I have for the toys and features.
1. 11 drop targets.
2. Three of the five Smaug drop targets (the three on the right) may be a rising / lowering drop target bank similar to the one Tron and Attack from Mars. Personally I'm hoping the three targets are a moving target bank so players have some way to attack Smaug.
3. We know there are 4 pop up's in the middle of the playfield but are they all going to be character pop ups? I'm going to guess that one of the pop ups is a trap door and that a couple of them will have targets not only on the front but the back as well. Each pop up can be hit from behind by either shooting one of the ramp shots for the upper two pop ups or hitting the orbits for the lower pop ups.
4. Smaug will be interactive on at least the level of the castle in MM if not more.
5. We haven't seen everything under the playfield. Jack said something along the lines of a lot happening under the playfield in the machine as a lot happens underground in the movie. There could very well be a lower mini playfield.

The pop up's are for blocking the main shots not for hitting in the back

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else see the recent Facebook post that PinballSTAR Amusements posted today?
"Smaug... The Hobbit pinball...
We have gotten teasers from Jersey Jack Pinball saying that the Smaug dragon toy in the top left of the playfield will 'be alive' and interact with the ball...
So.... HOW DO YOU THINK THE SMAUG TOY WILL WORK / WHAT WILL HE DO ?
When the info is released at some point I will send the person I deem to be closest to being correct and most descriptive a Hobbit pinball prize package.
It's fun, it's free, you can win cool stuff... Let's hear all those great ideas and theories... Again, this about the Smaug toy part of the game only..."
Sounds like the Smaug toy may be interactive on the level of the Castle in MM.

The playfield map looks like the hulk toy so till all is shown it is just speculation.

#318 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Jack has gotten the most important part of his company up and running the grunts you pay $15 to $20 dollars a hour for manufacturing. In all the factory tours or pics I could find there were never more then a few guys building games.With the Stern Williams and more the factories were full of workers.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Now this is going to get me into trouble. I love this place so much that it is hard for me to actually have to comment on this... BUT, I don't think that the folks making $15 to $20 dollars an hour for manufacturing would consider themselves 'grunts'. At least I don't. And I would love to see manufacturing back in our community. A factory would be nice. Actually, I would love to see it. A lot of factories and manufacturing all through our country. I believe in building things. Building anything. And and I will do it and many of my friends will do it for less than $15 per hour or more than $50 per hour. Whatever you will pay us. We are all in. We just need people that will take the risk to start these factories. So I am thankful that someone has put people to work... paid them what they agreed to... and allowed me to actually purchase a fine product like a pinball machine, whether it be from Stern or JJP. Wish there were more...... (My 'Made In the USA' stickers on my playfield glass will never be removed from any of my pinballs.)

How about back bone of the industry

#342 6 years ago

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Still planned for release with the movie in December. Jack says he is contractually obligated to release it then.

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ games april 2013 hear we are a year later still waiting on the full run.Be happy if you see your game in the first half of 2015

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

1-The amount you assume the line workers make is likely lower than that.
2-It was not long ago that I made less than $15 in a skilled job related to automotive manufacturing and the like.
3-I can't speak for everyone, but I highly resent people referring to me or my fellow man as a grunt. Unless it is a term of endearment. ?
4-I agreed to my wage with my employer with the calculated understanding that experience and knowledge would lead to more opportunity and pay. I was correct.
5.Smiles to convey the message that I am not wishing you ill will.

The point was not what to call the workers but the fact Jack needs more workers on the floor.

#351 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yes tell us all your vast knowledge.

Does anyone know if Jack has gotten the most important part of his company up and running the grunts you pay $15 to $20 dollars a hour for manufacturing. In all the factory tours or pics I could find there were never more then a few guys building games.With the Stern Williams and more the factories were full of workers.

This was the start about the workers as you can see it was posted as a question not fact

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

ek77 go back up and reread, ledge asked you how many people they had working their. I knew you had no ideas, so I was teasing you.

I asked because all the pic's and video I have seen of the factory floor there are few workers and some have been game designers putting the game together.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm certainly no JJP apologist, but I suspect the WoZ timeline is not going to be extremely useful for gaging their ability to ship out TH.
Presumably most of the recent delay have not been a result of insufficient capacity, but supply chain problems (cabinets) and design problems/flaws (LED boards/powers supply/etc) and JJP pumping out standard machines for new receivables.
One can only imagine THESE things will be ironed out by TH production since I'd assume much of the same products and technology are carrying forward....
If I had to bet, I'd say JJP squeaks out the absolute MINIMUM they are contractually bound to deliver in December. It'd also be surprising if the software is anywhere near complete on these- but it'll be functional no doubt.
Then, in Q1 2015 I think we'll see real production ramping-up... maybe not ever hitting 15/day, but maybe 50/week? They may very well be still producing Woz's in parallel, so perhaps they will make 15 games/day combined- who knows....
I'm incredibly interested in TH.... mostly why I've followed JJP in the first place. I would still NEVER pre-order one (nor would i preorder a Stern machine), but I cant wait to play one of these when available.

At 50 games a week it will still take 20 weeks to get the first 1000 games out so the first half of 2015 is about right

#371 6 years ago

With all the talk of timelines the 75th anniversary edition has not been considered in when it will be made over the next year or more

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

selling a few, and looking to book the next deals. debating this or a few others. just don't have enough info on this to support going this direction. but has my interest... just not enough info yet though.

If you are looking to fill a slot buy a B game now then when the Hobbit come out in 12 to 18 months sell the B title buy the Hobbit

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Those are targets...bump the ball into them when draining?

seems like a re hash

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Body English...bump that machine just as the ball reaches the wall.

Look how they face if you hit them it takes you to the drain not away

1 week later
#567 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

yeah, and Stern is not innovating at all; in fact they are putting less and less on the pf, and maintaining the practice of releasing games with basic/incomplete code, if ST is any indication. They are just taking advantage of the noob 'collectors' who pay ridiculous premiums for cheap accessorizing. And they are on a production schedule to crank out the next licensed game on time, not trying to move pinball forward. All well and good, but I'll still give an innovative new pinball platform/company/system some slack for their first effort. And it looks like the Hobbit is even revamping a lot of stuff learned from the WOZ design/production.

Lets not forget Stern was a startup when others were crapping out and dying off.If Stern did not keep things going JJP would never gotten off the ground.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Nope. As pointed out above, Stern is the same company as Sega and Data East beforethat, same hardware platforms, same factory and assembly lines, all st up on well-established design and production cycles. Check your pinball history.

OTOH (back on topic!), JJP was a true startup from scratch, no factory, no hardware or software/control platform, no suppliers/vendors in place, just a buncha guys with some key industry experience. My biggest dilemma right now is whether to get a MMR which I really like) or cancel that and get a Hobbit instead. Similar price point, but I don't have room for both. Hobbit is looking darned good these days....

Well that must be why Stern put out ten games in there first three years and JJP is still on game one.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sometimes i wonder wtf you guys are complaining about! Seriously…..throw down a six pack, loosen up and it will all look the same
Tell the MIA Nimble we said hello!

Tex your the one who needs to loosen up that's as close to a Hobbit update as I have seen in some time.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While Jack didn't confirm it my guess is that JJP does have assets to the 3rd movie yet as otherwise it would be incorporated into the side art and playfield artwork. Based off what Jack said yesterday it sounds like the machine would have to be delayed if assets from the third movie were to be used in playfield and cabinet artwork and that to release the game on on time the 3rd movie will be incorporated in the rules / on screen.

1238229_597587533639095_819701180_n.jpg
#689 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

:Jack and JJP developed, built, shipped and have now supported one of the most complex pins the pinball industry has ever seen. Please tell me how he hasn't kept his word?:
Um....it's about a quarter past 90 days-ish.
You cannot be serious.

last payment $1000 july 15th as shipping begins

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Agreed. With 7+ hours of movie- you'd think there's be plenty to lift audio from.
It's too bad though that some of these guys are so greedy. I know very few people want to "work for free", but you'd think some of these actors are the right age/generation that they'd think it would be "cool" to be immortalized in a pinball machine....
Or at least, trade the work for a custom pinball machine (or 3) for their efforts.

You can do plenty with just lifting small bits.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Haven't missed any point, jack-rump. I was there for two days and every time I went to play a WOZ, there was a lengthy line. Other people on this thread that were there have backed up that assessment. There is a picture on JJP's Facebook page of me waiting in a long line to play the game.
Now, what part of this don't you understand? Perhaps your brain simply can't comprehend that the universe doesn't revolve around your assessment of it.

Well after watching three videos none did WOZ have lines you just must have bad karma.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

90% of this thread is crap. I see the same ppl posting the same thing in every thread I read. Like they need people to give a crap about what they have to say. Some of you guys just waste to much time talking negitive crap. For F**k sake men, its pinball and its all good. WOZ is great im sure TH will be great. When im out and about and find a pin I play a game on it and walk away happy that I just played pinball. Some of you sound like a bunch of girls or spoiled brats. But then again its a public forum so voice away if you must. Back on topic please.

There's been no update for months whats left but the crap.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't understand why people think they are entitled to updates just because they put money down on the Hobbit. In my opinion, JJP is under no obligation to provide any advanced information since pre-ordering is purely optional. That is, unless they promised to provide updates at certain time points.

JJP asked for money at certain time points so updates should go along with the payments.

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope they get to that point too but we have seen that starting a pinball company is not an easy thing to do and certainly not while building a pin like WOZ for a companies first machine. I don't mind waiting a year for a pin on the level of WOZ. Stern can come out with 3 titles a year but they are not on the same level of a game like WOZ or TH. Ford, Chrysler and GM all make more vehicles then Ferrari and McClaren but I would much rather wait for the latter if all the vehicles were the same price. Good things like WOZ that offer a lot of value for the money, and code updates, are worth waiting for in my opinion.

A year really I don't think so. WOZ a Ferrari please look at all the problems posted on game threads.

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Jesus...why does everyone in the world seem to need to pick a side and defend it to the death? I think WOZ sucks, but I think Hobbit looks cool and I'm on the pre-order. I bought a STLE, but I think a lot of Stern games stink and I have no interest in them. Why do people think this has to be all or nothing?
You are not the only offender, and pinball is not the only place this happens. This same idiocy happens in politics all the time. I mean seriously, how does someone blindly agree with EVERYTHING the democrats or the republicans do? Everything in life is a mixed bag...why can't we treat it that way?

It has more to do with his business model then it does his game.Saying what the game is years before he is ready to put the game out and taking money years before he is ready have been the cause of all Jacks problems that may be why game three is still a mystery.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Isn't the goalie in WCS94 a sliding standup?
It's a cool feature. Sliding drop targets might be impossible, but that would be insane

I think it could be done but you need the space above and below for both the bracket and target to move.

3 weeks later
#991 5 years ago

At this stage of WOZ they had games at the shows makes one wonder about delivery dates.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I am hoping the Hobbit has a very different reveal vs. delivery schedule than WOZ. It would make everyone happy if the game is further along than shown. Unrealized expectations is a killer.

If Jack wants to stay in business he does not need to make a game better then WOZ but needs to get the game in peoples hands far quicker. The fist games of WOZ were shipped April 2013 and are still trying to get the game out.

#996 5 years ago

The first WOZ game were at shows 7 months before shipping.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It would be one of the first then
And just maybe.........I don't know, just a thought here, but its possible that JJP could be doing what they said they were going to do and release a whole lot less info this time out to build up for the big release....oh and I forgot, there is a 3rd movie coming out too, right? Maybe it will be integrated into the pin?
But that would be like another pin maker does it in Stern right? No info, zero, until full release and then production shortly follows, imagine that?
Woz kicks ass, and Hobbit is gonna be better. And then we get Mr. Lawlor's pin, its all good!

If Jack is smart he is half way into game three for fast release after the anouncement of the game.

#1035 5 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hmmm....where are the upper flippers?

The upper flipper is set back just to the right of the right loop and above the right drop targets.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

problems all solved for a couple extra bucks.

With all the little things people want and expect the bucks add up.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

great idea.... bring politics into a JJP thread....
Thought that was verbotten?
I got a warning once for just saying we made a mistake in 2012- without even referncing politics.... lol.... anyways- there's usually enough fireworks here without bringing non-pinball topics in, eh?

The mistake was made in 2011

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was a Facebook post...Is Stern posting random Superman pictures considered an update as well?
JJP keeps their customer base more in the loop than anyone else in the industry. Over a dozen code updates were released for WOZ and throughout the entire process Jack, Ted, Keith and Alex offered updates about the updates and responded to feedback on the JJP Google group. Jack has also been active on the JJP Google group by posting weekly.

JJP should keep their customer base in the loop they hold on to their money longer than anyone else in the industry.

#1109 5 years ago

Around the time Stern went to private equity they started using people game by game JJP may be doing just that.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

page 22 seems to be the pages of thumbs down. With all that thumbing action going on, maybe some of you need to stick some of those in your butt.

wtyp.png

1 week later
#1217 5 years ago

Me as an Architect can tell that the designers work is 95% in the early stages up untill the final design goes into engineering process. After that it's more a matter of monitoring. Then it's obviously not really cost efficient to keep the designer in the payroll in full... Just my 8 cents.

How do you explain WOZ

I heard a rumor JJP showed a flippin' whitewood, which probably was an early version. And they are probably more ahead than they showed the public according to some whispering voices

I originally thought that the interactive map may be an LCD on the apron but I'm thinking its more likely that the map will be printed on the apron and then LED lights will be placed across various points representing a players location in Middle Earth that corresponds to the rules. Maybe the far right location on the apron is the Shire and all the way to the right is the Lonely Mountain with a bunch of points in between.

I think rumors pro and con are plentiful.

1 week later
#1231 5 years ago

For anyone who is homesick for the shire this is for sale on cape cod.

hobbet.jpg
1 week later
#1283 5 years ago

PanzerFreak posted this on pg 1 it may help

178201-i.jpg

1 week later
#1375 5 years ago

This toy could be like a movie every one says is fantastic no matter how good it is you feel let down because your expectations were so high.

1 month later
#1405 5 years ago

Will a prototype game be at comic con.

2 months later
#2066 5 years ago

Wow I had not looked at this thread for over 100 post yet it seams to be same shit different page.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

although I think this particular idea may raise privacy concerns.

I hate to agree with CraZ4Pin but to little privacy today as there is.

1 week later
#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I keeps getting more confusing.......what 'standard features' will The Hobbit have....how many version will there be?
Info on the sites of distributors has not much consistency. There even will be a standard version?
http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-pinball-inventory

From what I collected from internet sources the LE will have:
- No topper
- Wooden apron with map
- Cabinet and backbox decals
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
- Powdercoated legs and siderails
Kind of weird we have to wait till the expo for any confirmations....

The Hobbit LE.jpg 42 KB

The Hobbit standard.jpg 40 KB

Read again no invisaglass on LE optional only

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Exciting times in ever direction of the hobby

In ever direction?

2 months later
#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's the latest information in terms of when these will be on the assembly line at JJP?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-release-date-febmarch

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, does this mean you still don't like me one iota?

Don't worry Rob Captain pin head always goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Coolest magnet use of the older games is on ToM.

I don't know TZ upper playfield has always been my favorite toy

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not to mention the best one by far: the PinballBulbs GI upgrade kit!

134718.jpg 44 KB

After $8000 should you really need a upgrade

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Ask TWD owners. I think half of page one threads are dedicated to mods for that pin.

You will not find me showing love for TWD LE

3 weeks later
#3775 5 years ago

Don't forget AP and T3

#3805 5 years ago

T3 doesn't have a cannon.
T2 did.

back glass

#3807 5 years ago

Sorry. It's a "crossbow" but sure looks like a cannon to me. Still fires pinballs. My best friend has a TWDLE and it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. At least JJP is pushing the limits on new technology, not recycling something from 1991 that was debuted (to the best of my knowledge) on T2. Yawn.

Can you say MM pop up troll.

#3893 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a thin line between love and hate...it's indifference that shows you don't care about something.
I'm really shocked at how people pick apart everything JJP does. Every single item on every game has to come under scrutiny from somebody that doesn't even have money down or the slightest interest in the game. And I just don't understand it.
I have ZERO interest in Stern's new WWE machine, so I don't say a word about it. I couldn't give a shit if it's good or bad, whether it has spinners on it or drop targets, or whatever. I'm not getting one, and I'll probably not even play the damn thing.
Why do some people care so much about Hobbit when they claim they really don't care about it?

If you read the WWE threads you will see the pick apart happens to Stern as well.

#3902 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

... and announces the game 2+ years before it is being produced, whereas Stern announces and releases in 5 weeks. Just an observation.

#3930 5 years ago

witty comeback.

#3931 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I don't think this video from EAG has been posted yet
» YouTube video

I wish Stern and JJP would hire Bowen to make decent videos.

1 week later
#4072 5 years ago

Quoted from mummite:Totally agree I am hoping that we get another update with new additions to these areas as they still feel weak and missed opportunities. The Bag end area would be sad to just see it as is with a flat lame plastic and no real molds. I am hoping for another update soon with more clarification as to what will be in the final game and what to expect.
I would also like to hear some news on the actual modes, game progression and how that lobkdown button will integrated into the game. What are the modes? are there hurry ups, combos etc. . . . Would be nice to see some game/mode progression beside the same code with the Smaug multi-ball over and over.
Does anyone know if there are anymore surprises and additions to the game to come or is this it?

wm2naxwb5.jpg

#4073 5 years ago

For those who want a laugh go back and read the first few pages of this thread.

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

"Wow, how can you BUY a game before you even have a chance to play it"

Thank You no shit huh

#4171 5 years ago

Silly me thinking there was news.

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Spot on. I don't feel the same sense of value or wonder with The Hobbit as I did with WOZ and that is the main reason I gave my preorder to someone else. If the Smaug head cost $200 to buy then where is the other $8800 in the machine? I'm sure a decent chunk of change is going towards code development and license cost for not only the film but music from Two Steps From Hell as well. However, with WOZECLE we got a clear coated wood apron and a topper yet neither are present in TH which has a higher price tag. If the money for a clear coated wood apron and topper went back into the games toys and features I don't see it.
As for Smaug if he couldn't have been hit by a pinball due to the license (SPOILER FROM 3RD FILM....) restrictions yet get killed by an arrow in the 3rd film then I would have chose an entirely different toy that could be. The damn dragon gets hit by exploding pots in the second film along with being covered in liquid gold and has a giant arrow shot through his heart in the 3rd film yet a tiny pinball can't hit him...the licencors are ridiculous.
I apologize for coming off critical about the game as I do think it will still be a fun game. My criticism towards TH only stems from it's price tag mainly due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and the emphasis placed on drop targets versus other unique toys, features and shots. I do believe that TH will receive a monster ruleset thanks to Keith and Ted. The rules those two create along with animations from JP will bring this game alive and make it a very addicting and fun game to play.

Looks like Jack found margins on a toy filled game slim or none.Future JJP games may be no WOZ.

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

We can discuss endlessly about if what you get is worth your money. For me it cannot be based on toys only, as toys are highly overrated. It is the total package. And for all pins I played in over 38 years, visuals and toys can be nice or even great, but as far as I am concerned do not have the biggest influence on the fun factor of a game.
Concerning TH, yes it has been a bumpy ride. If you are still riding you probably decided it is worth the wait to see the final total package. Could it have been better, maybe but no one knows as we still have not seen the finished product. So only time will tell.............

Just what do you think you will see change at this point all is done but code

#4271 5 years ago

If you read the early pg of this thread you will see this game fell far short of expectations.

#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

u like talking shit

Do you really think people would be happy with the book if not for the crappy piece of plasic at expo. like I have said this is no WOZ

Post edited by moderator

two hour thread eject.

#4279 5 years ago

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I think he was just typing fast to outrun the impending threadkick....
Re: TH,
Im not a prepayer, but have HUGE interest in this theme....
I have to say its improved 1000% over the last few months, but if Im being honest, I was hoping for it to eclipse WoZ (at least in appearance).... Im not feeling that.
I will say that I would probably have a considerably BETTER opinion of the game if it was just revealed today as-is.... All the hype about Smaug set very high expectations. The current iteration, while better, is still a letdown (IMO).
I look forward to playing one on location this year. (Come on Flippers in the outer banks, please tell me you have one coming!).

Never drunken typehome made bourbon will do it every time.

#4289 5 years ago

Ek’s posts = sound and fury, signifying nothing. Question for you Ek, ole' buddy: does the 77 in your handle signify the average number of grammatical errors in your forum messages? If so, you probably need to change your name to Ek477.

Captain if you know pinball one look at my avatar and name and you know what the 77 is unless your special.

#4332 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same. I'm gonna have to play it before I judge. I'd love a really deep game that is easy to understand. I've tried to give TZ a chance dozens of times, and just can't get into it. I don't completely understand what I'm supposed to be doing, and don't care to take the time to learn.
If Hobbit presents a deep game that is easy for inexperienced players to learn, it's going to be a hit for me.

TZ is a perfect example of deeper rule set is not always better.With TZ you start each and every mode then start one more time and all modes start. With TSPP there are far fewer modes but you must finish the modes to increase the time you have to fight alien invasion. TZ you just start the modes TSPP you finish the modes TSPP is the better rule set.

#4406 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This, incidentally, is what I say to my wife all the time.

10959748_10153132841735086_755739165238196632_n.jpg

image.png

302516.jpg
#4415 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...true dat. But you actually heard December 17, 2014, when the movie was released. That's almost 2015. They're four months behind schedule, I think. My original prediction in December of an April release will still hold true.

So shipping out in ten weeks or less. When will the last game ship that is what will make or break JJP.

#4419 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Before they start shipping Pat's game.

Pat's game is what I am waiting to see how things go.No pre pay fast shipping makes JJP a whole different company.

#4432 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I would frankly rather hear ZERO about it until i can see/buy one. Dribbles of info have totally turned me off for TH....

And, if Pat's game rocks, people will find a place for it in their collection, even if it means selling a recently purchased machine....

#4449 5 years ago

The game is done so the only update left is shipping date.

#4451 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's funny because I can think of quite a few things I'd like to see. Pics of the final game, confirmation of when JJP expects to start manufacturing and delivery status of parts would be a great start.

Who says you have not seen pics of the final game. Delivery status of parts don't you think JJP has better thing to do.

#4466 5 years ago

the next Hobbit prototype

So after two years there are still on the prototype

#4470 5 years ago

TH second/third quarter 2015 Pat's game second/third quarter 2016.

#4509 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Don't forget that Jackson and the studio originally planned to release The Hobbit in summer of 2014 but they pushed the release back to Christmas 2014.
Timelines change it's the way of the world. If I have to wait a few more months for my game, I feel pretty damn lucky to have such atrocious first world problems.

So you are saying Jack was given six extra months and is still late.

#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

No I am saying timelines change, and I am pretty damn fortunate to have a Hobbit on order. I can also get my money back or sell it at a profit if I wish.
77 if this is one of your big problems in life you too are damn fortunate.
We just helped a village in Tanzania install a local well. They used to have to walk almost three miles to get water. First world pinball wait times seem pretty minor when you compare them to 90%+ of the worlds population.
77 appreciate what you have not what you don't have.

If %90 of the worlds population saw what people spend on pinball and what they whine about they would shake there head and laugh

#4535 5 years ago

With all the talk about the release of the game with the release of the movie as a rental both the five armies and smaug are on apple tv

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Are those Hobbit machines in the background from just posted facebook image?
Tim

10978534_948349825183614_9206485870041110842_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

seems to me the line is still set up for WOZ

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I think JJP is just waiting on parts to come in for the next Hobbit reveal and info. Soon I am hoping

parts suppliers was the excuse used with WOZ

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from kidvid:

If not that, then what would you consider to be a valid excuse?

There is none

#4556 5 years ago

few measly months.

it is now nine months late

#4584 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It looks the same, am I missing something?

you are both right

1 week later
#4629 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Better late and end up with a nice game that actually exists from a legitimate company then one that isn't.

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry. I just don't see it. I don't have any interest in WWE, so I don't crap on threads or Stern about it. Don't care when the LE comes out. Just. Don't. Care.
At this point, people have seen what is probably the production model. Do you like it? Great. Get one. Don't like it? Don't get one. Feel free to criticize what you didn't like about it, but STFU about when the game is going to be released because it's clearly none of your concern.

There are many people not buying Whoa Nellie craping on Stern about the price it is not just a JJP or TH thing to see pinsiders crap on threads

#4665 5 years ago

pre-orders for Lawlor's game

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Can someone with a relatively modern smart phone, and ability to upload non private videos to You Tube please go over and take 5 minutes of good hobbit gameplay footage please?
Thanks in advance

A gopro head mount would work best

#4736 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I had a chance to really talk to Jack at PinballStars party and this is summery of SOME of the things that were said and my comments on them: ... RadCals on TH are 1st gen and the new one will be less shinny and more durable [TG! the light reflection off them was unbearable]

It seems there is always a reason "excuse" for every missed date or poor item. There was movie release date blue ray release date it is just a prototype. Why do you do that first crapy playfield art if you are just going to redo it same can be said for Smaug. RadCal seems to have one more reason"excuse"coming down the line

#4738 5 years ago

Looks as boring as last time.
Great theme, great LCD, boring playfield.
*sigh*

I think you are a hard judge looks like a lot of games the last several years. 2/3 ramps a toy or two, two or three bank or drop targets posable a captive ball or kick out last right/left loop

#4744 5 years ago

Sorry folks I still think Pre Pay and LE games that means Stern to are for suckers

#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from aplatowski:

"Very near" is always relative...JJP is late in it's production of TH but you need to understand that it's better to be late and have all the wrinkles ironed out than to push to manufacture before it's 100% ready. Look at Leon Musk and Tesla...he's taken over 20,000 deposits at $5,000 each on the Model X and he's already pushed back the production date six months. And his market cap is considerably higher than JJP ! Expo really wasn't that long ago considering all the positive changes that have been made to the game.

At $5000 you still have a smaller prepay then JJP

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think with Skit B, JPOP and DP we should be a little more tolerable of JJP delay's.

If that's what it takes to make Jack look good

#4778 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, shipping all 1000 LEs, fixing the LED light board issue, putting code updates out every month for over six months and making WOZ a feature packed game with new tech already makes Jack look good

It took over a year to ship 1000 games not good as for the light boards should have never happened and last TH is a cost cut version of WOZ.I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

#4784 5 years ago

If Woz was TH or TWD theme no prepay and cost the prepay cost of $6500 it would be in my home.

1 week later
#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I would have given you all a thumbs up for that joke but you fell for it and gave me a thumbs down? Come on it was a good one. lol

It was funny some people are over sensitive when it comes to JJP

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

As funny as a screen door on a battleship.

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

may/june is what butch said at tps, depending on parts availability.

The last non rumor I heard was "The Hobbit is due to start production before the end of the year" pinball news nov 2014

#5083 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can think of 1500 reasons. Preordering a Hobbit a LE a couple years back locked in the $7500 price and option to change free of charge to a Smaug SE versus $9k for a Smaug SE today. Also those who preordered a WOZ got in at $6500 or $7500 versus $9k for a new Ruby Red. There are definitely benefits to preordering.

The s&p 500 is up %40 from when TH was announced you have not saved money quite the opposite

#5086 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The fact that Jack was the only distributor for MMR that asked for full payment in July doesn't sit well with me either.

#5118 4 years ago

The game will ship on oh hell I can't see it

250132.jpg
1 week later
#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Wow! 31 modes excluding the hurry-ups and Smaug multiball! There should be PLENTY to do...as if there was any doubt.

31 modes may sound fun but will be far to easy or never seen so that it does not matter how they are. AC/DC has 12 modes and inless you are a presoon who reachs wizard mode two of the games on AC/DC what good is haveing 30 modes. I would rather have 12/15 chalanging modes then easy modes or know I will never see half my game.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I believe it took Stern around 6 months to release the update with Karl Urban callouts...After WOZ was released Keith and Ted cranked out nearly a dozen code updates in 6 months.

Four years one game

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is that they'll be a lot like either WOZ or TSPP and be mostly non-linear. If you look at the TSPP rule-set there is close to 30 modes. I'm guessing many of Hobbit's modes will be Hurry-ups/2x scoring variety mixed along with some longer objective based modes.
From the top of my head on Simpsons:
7 TV modes
5 Treehouse modes
4 Daredevil Modes
10 2x Scoring Otto modes
Doh Frenzy
Comic Book Guy hurry-ups
Also all of the various multiballs (Pretzel, 3x I&s, etc)
30 modes is a ton but we've seen games in the past with nearly that many modes.

Daredevil Modes hurry-ups Otto modes all single shot modes still rather have 12/15 multi shot modes

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'm sick of your negativity, it's all you do. What f$?@ing game have you ever manufactured?

My comment was in response to Stern bashing in a Hobbit thread. If you want to piss and moan about negativity go callout people who try to build up JJP by putting down Stern

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Stern can hold its own without your help. Your crying in a JJP thread has no affect other than to make you look like troll, or weak, or both.

I am not crying all the crying seems to be done by the people who read my comment boo hoo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside