47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Yes, tough choices. Actually, I was in for a Hobbit from Day One, but I am still trying to figure out if I can afford to buy anything else. I am selling a couple of pins with a view to getting a ST-LE, but that still leaves the MMR question open. The good news is that these pins will be available HUO for many, many years to come. It is easy to think that you have to buy now, but that's not the case (that is, unless you insist on NIB). Patience is a virtue, but that is easy to say!

Dont worry about it Craig, I will be happy to help you if you decide on a MMR LE so you can keep your Hobbit LE

9 months later
#2974 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Agreed. I haven't seen Jurassic Park in a few years, but I'm pretty sure the T-REX didn't eat a pinball.
Seems like Spielberg is a lot more lenient....or at least imaginative.

The T-Rex only ate the guy on the toilet. It Is really scary for kids 4 and under. We had to remove the pin from some Carmike cinema locations due to the ball being gobbled up. I never understood until I watched the movie with my 4 year old who loved dinosaurs up to that point. I still remember the one cinema manager demanding we get the pin out now, we can't have kids crying and saying " mommy take me home" and the dads being forced to get refunds. The best license ever costs us as we ordered 6 and had to remove 4 of them in the first week and incredibly Data East had us the pins 2 days before the movie opened.

#2975 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here is another video from a different thread:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/NBhYEBH6VVY?autoplay=1&rel=0
Though short, gameplay seems pretty decent. I don't think it looked slow at all. Smaug seems to growl a lot and I did not hear any talking all of which, of course, is totally dependent on code.
I'm in for the SE so I do have skin in the game, so I'm probably biased and have some hopeful thinking. I had a WOZLE but traded it before I think the code got very far along. Overall I think I miss it and perhaps will get another down the road sometime. I don't want to give up on this game for whatever reason and perhaps my feeling of a little regret concerning the WOZ plays into this some.
As far as the Hobbit goes, I think I'll probably go with the red Smaug toy if nothing else changes. It is unfortunate that Smaug isn't more interactive physically. Hopefully there will be a significant amount of bantering coming from him which would be fun and 'interactive' verbally at least.

I have two new in the box Ruby Red Limited Editions in stock. Come on up and take one home.

#3023 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Turns out the MMr people had three machines at IAAPA and did not bother to come to FPF either. I was talking to Marco tonight and we were both scratching our heads why they did not bring games either. Oh well...

PPS/Chicago Gaming at IAAPA. Its a great big show with many orders being placed for equipment.

PPS at IAAPA.jpgPPS at IAAPA.jpg
IAAPA 2014.jpgIAAPA 2014.jpg

#3024 9 years ago

Marco was very impressed, as he took time away from his booth, see picture above to go check out all the buzz and orders being written up.

#3025 9 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball at IAAPA.

JJP at IAAPA.jpgJJP at IAAPA.jpg
#3026 9 years ago

Stern Pinball's booth from IAAPA

Stern at IAAPA 2014.jpgStern at IAAPA 2014.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=doughslingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.