Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 6 years ago

Come on Joe I know you know more about the game....spill it!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

It would be really cool to see just how many orders take place after a given announcement. One would have to guess this title is more popular than WoZ. That coupled with WoZ's success AND the funding. To me that ='s the LE's moving fast.
Good work JJP.

I think the le will be sold out by this weekend except from distributors.

1 month later
#244 6 years ago

I think you will see both game meet in the middle at $8,500......than woz standard and hobbit standard at $7,600

Of course this is just a guess.

3 weeks later
#335 5 years ago

only 40 hobbit le left!

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i call bullshit on this. maybe 40 for distributers to buy. There is no way in hell 1500 of those were bought up by collectors, especially with all the problems going on with WOZ.

Yes of course I ment to distributors. But that means when those 40 are gone you will need to find one from a destributor. I would personally rather buy direct from jjp.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ games april 2013 hear we are a year later still waiting on the full run.Be happy if you see your game in the first half of 2015

I spoke with Jack yesterday for an hr. Jack has a contract with Warner brothers to start shipping the Hobbit by the December dead line. Jack told me he will be starting to build hobbit games in November of 2014. Don't forget the foundation of the company is built now. The second game will be much easier.

Also there have been 2 new white woods since the one that he showed us on the last update. That white wood video was from November of 2013.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why, so you can be one of the last people to receive the game? That is what is happening with WOZ.

That did not happen to me. I was 250 in line to get my wozle and that is what happened. Nothing but good things to say about the processes.

#365 5 years ago

I'm 250 in line so I'm hopping to get my hobbit early 2015.

1 week later
#432 5 years ago

So what do we know do far?

....2 magnets
....under pf subways
....smug will interact with his mouth and tail
....4 flippers

Kick back
.....at least 3 ramps
.....player controlled deverter

What else?

#443 5 years ago

You will see things move along much quicker on hobbit. The foundation is built. The hard work is done. Most of the vendors are in place. Jack is a smart business man. He knows what's a stake.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I don't want to sound mean but we are roughly 16 months into development and only 8 months from when games are supposed to start shipping. We are not "seeing" things move quickly at all. We hear there is a white wood that is in some degree playable but I honestly thought JJP would be further along than that by now.

From what I am told they are on the 3rd white wood and things are going very well. Hobbit will not be the same as WOZ. Jack does not need to show people every little step to keep them on board with what he is doing now. The WOZ has spoken for the company. Besides a few issues that they are working through the game is amazing. I know what JJP is capable of.

Dont forget Sterns shows you nothing till the game is ready to ship. Jack wants to get to that point also but has to do it is baby steps. Each game I think JJP will show us less.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

They stand to gain new customers and keep the ones they have. You do realize they still haven't sold out of all 1500 LE's (we have no idea if they're even close at this point.) That alone breaks Jack's prediction that Hobbit would sell out much faster than WOZ. You also realize there were 2 more pre-orders for sale on Pinside in the last day? I dropped my pre-order as well due to lack of confidence and a lack of transparency on JJP's behalf. If you don't want to show something ... then why can't you even CLEARLY state your progress?? Customers don't deserve at least that much? Because if I had been told from the beginning back in Dec 2012 that I would not be shown hardly anything on progress (much less on any sort of a regular basis) I never would have put my money down.

Were are you getting your information from. I talked to the owner directly often. From pinball sales they had about 40 hobbit le left 2 weeks ago.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

So apparently there is no video that can be taken/shown without revealing some significant pinball advancement that would somehow give Stern an advantage if they even just saw it 8 months before it's released to the public anyway? Okay.
Honestly, I have really only ever been interested in detailed updates such as ...
1) We are now on our 3rd and what we believe will be the final white wood prototype.
2) We expect to have cabinet art finalized this week and approved in 3-4 weeks (approx).
3) We have 80% of the playfield artwork done but we're waiting on the 3rd movie's assets to be released to us which should be next month.
4) We have worked out the final details of what the LE unique features will be and they are:
5) We've finalized cabinet hardware powder coating color and some of that production has even begun.
6) etc. etc.
I especially think just getting basic information like the LE specific features is WAY overdue. How can this information be deemed an advantage to Stern? I agree there needs to be some balance between revealing too much and too little ... but right now, it is WAY too far on the "too little" side.

If you dropped out of your Hobbit than walk away. Wait till the game is finished and comment on it than. Why do you still care if you dont have a deposit down on a game? I have all but paid for the game in full and I sleep like a baby.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I have not attacked anyone personally and I'm not looking to turn this into a "me" versus the "JJP can do no wrong" crowd. I guess I'm venting because Jack's logic and constant vagueness is so extremely frustrating. I DID have my money down on the game for 14 months (paid in full for that matter.) I did wait 2+ years on WOZ to get mine and I DID always defend and believe in JJP. Heck, I even DID want to get back in on Hobbit at some point .. but I continue to find Jack's evasiveness, vague answers and statements, and complete lack of transparency very frustrating (and frankly, illogical and bad business IMO.)

Just wondering did you ever call Jack and ask him about your concerns?

#488 5 years ago

Maybe same flipper buttons as RFM.....

#666 5 years ago

How many people are we talking about with this issue? 2%....5%....20% of games having issues? What is it?

#928 5 years ago

What are stand up spinners and duel action targets?

3 weeks later
#999 5 years ago

Pat already has a shooting white wood. I saw a picture of it at Allentown. Jack flashed it I could not see much. But it looke like multiple metal ramps front and sides. Jack said that Pat makes all his own prototype parts so he is very fast and self sufficient.

#1002 5 years ago

Hobbit reg. Will be built in large quantity I'm sure if there is a demand.

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Very curious what the text is above the popbumpers, trapdoors (looks like there are four different ones) and some of the drop targets

Barrel....spider....orc....goblin....warg....just guessing of course.

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It just doesnt really matter cause for those that are so dead against any amazing machine they are the ones who lose out in the end. just sayin

You are correct sir. Also im sure the PF art work is going to look amazing. Or maybe it already does!

#1108 5 years ago

Its joes design. He may have left jjp but the hobbit lay out is finished. Pat is working on his own game that's it. Pat has a shooting white wood also. Lots of great things happening at jjp.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That certainly does not sound/look good when they also recently dumped that other vice president last week. It especially is worrisome in that Balcer is the Hobbit designer and that game is not finished yet.
I am starting to feel that everyone with skin in the games should prepare to lose out.

Really? Come on the design of the game is done. If Joe has moved on than who better than kieth to dial it in. The hobbit is a lot farther along than you all know. Pf art almost done.....rules done being programmed now......all parts designed and being fabricated.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I knew about Joe's departure with JJP 3 weeks ago. I am surprised it took so long to be on pinside ?

What else do you know?

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

I think this is going to be a really cool feature. But as PanzerFreak also mentioned I wonder how it will integrate with the map on the LCD, maybe it will be a copy of it and can tell you at a glance where you are instead of waiting for it to show up on the screen?

Maybe there will be another screen on the PF that would be cool.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

haha. I'm thinking he does as well.
I originally thought that the interactive map may be an LCD on the apron but I'm thinking its more likely that the map will be printed on the apron and then LED lights will be placed across various points representing a players location in Middle Earth that corresponds to the rules. Maybe the far right location on the apron is the Shire and all the way to the right is the Lonely Mountain with a bunch of points in between.

I do and its in addition to what's on the apron.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I question this entire thread
Ted Estes and Balcer have both left JJP. Smaug was not designed and not implemented as per the rumor.
I question whether the Hobbit will be done by November with all of these departures.

As far as I know Ted E. Is working with Pat on his game. He posted to the group on Friday. So I'm guessing he is still around.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Great,
Glad to know this as the Rumor mill had him leaving

Pat is putting together his dream team from the 90's. I'm hopping.

#1220 5 years ago

I'm thinking objective based multi balls like lotr but more complex. Multiple shots and combos need to be made.

2 weeks later
#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Jack mentioned at the North West Pinball show that Jean-Paul de Win did the playfield art. He also mentioned that the upper left flipper was removed. A couple shots of the playfield art around the inlanes was shown.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/48529172

Thats me at 9:16 in the video.

#1249 5 years ago

When Jack was talking about Pats game I got goose bumps. He is assembling the original dream team.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They took out flippers

Flipper.....one. It was not needed.

#1281 5 years ago

What does that load arrow on the kick back mean? Hmmm I wonder if that's more than just a kick back?

#1286 5 years ago

They do have the ability to adjust the powered to all coils......

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes that's been removed... So power adjusted coil makes sense... If u soften the kick back shot u can easily hit the lower three drop targets as well as the upper right flipper it looks... From the drawing above

Should be cool. Load arrow.....drop pops up....you have 3 seconds to shoot it during multiball or a mode. Keith will have a field day with the rules.

#1300 5 years ago

Big hobbit update coming this week. That's what I here. Latest white wood video is a possibility also.

#1302 5 years ago

Who am I standing with?

#1313 5 years ago

Who is da man?

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sure, no problem! Here's the whole post you took the quote from...lol
"The next big question on my mind is what are the toys going to be like for this game? WOZ has a lot of toys and features that I think justify its price but is there a comparable amount of toys with TH?
We know that Smaug is going to be the main toy and with the price of this game I'm hoping it's at least as interactive as the castle in MM. If the toy just bends down like the T-Rex in JP and "eats" the ball I think that will be a bummer. I'm also wondering if the character pop ups will also be lock mechanisms with the four "Lock" inserts being right in the middle on the pop ups. It also seems like another toy will be placed in the "Bag End" area of the playfield."

Its a shotters game for sure. Think new innovations mixed with a crazy rule set. It going to tell a story and you will get pulled it. Percition will be key!

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds good to me! I'm sure Keith is going to put together another deep quest based ruleset for The Hobbit.
As far as Smaug goes do you or anyone else think that there will be a shot into the toy MM castle style? Currently I see 5 drop targets in front of Smaug with 3 /5 on the right having stand up targets behind them. Is it possible that the 3 drop targets on the right are on a motorized target bank similar to the target bank in Tron and spiderman? If not I'm curious how Smaug will interact with the ball then, especially with Jack saying that the toy will be very interactive.

I'm pretty sure you can shoot into him some how. The ball will end up going to a subway and get kicked out.

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With all I've read about TH in the last week, it seems that everyone is obsessed with critiquing the playfield art. That's fine because some great suggestions have been made. But personally I find the playfield schematics much more interesting to look at.
I know certain things are missing on the new diagram. The kickback on the LT out lane is missing, as well as the two magnets at the top of the LT & RT loops. There's space on the playfield artwork for the magnets, so I'm sure they're still in the game. How else would the ball stop & drop into the pop bumper area and subway entrance.
Of course there are no parts shown that are related to Smaug. However I keep trying to figure out the ball lock mechanism. I feel the clue is the rail on the far lower LT side of the playfield, and this is where the locked balls will end up. This rail connects to nothing, but it is placed right above the kickback, so that when they're released, they'll be fired back into play.
I'm guessing that Smaug's tail will attach to this rail & the balls might roll down the tail to lock. I can see his body stretching over the upper LT playfield on a pile of gold (full of fiber optics to sparkle), which may be a tunnel over the LT ramp. The locking/diverting mechanism might be located in this tunnel. His left claw/wing would be integrated into the diverter controlling the U-ramp at the top center. His head would be over the main Smaug area, which might rotate back & forth like a cannon, letting him fire the balls back at the player.
The Smaug kill shot seems like it will fire up from the kickback to the upper RT flipper, then you'll have to hit the LT VUK, the bank of drop targets, or some variation of that. I'm sure it will require multiple tasks to make that happen. I hope so because it should be extremely difficult & satisfying when you finally do defeat him!
Am I right? Mostly likely not. Obviously there's still a ton that hasn't been revealed. But it's fun to speculate

hobbit schematic 2.jpg 292 KB

I'm thinking the left wire form feeds the arrow shot at the right drop target bank. Power of the shot will be player controlled. Im thinking the balls will be locked under smaug.

1 month later
#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres my update on Hobbit. I shot the whitewood last week. Bad Ass Game
And Don't even Ask, the answer is no on info!!! LOL
Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

Great update....I think!

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not close to the only thing we haven't seen yet.

There are many things you have not seen yet and they are very cool.

#1460 5 years ago

Guys its not my place to reviel anything. A lot of the things are in prosses....being built and tested. New mechanisms new technology. That's what it is. That's what we all want!

1 month later
#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Anyone know if they will have hobbit at expo next month?

No there won't be.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a street price on this pin? Or is the stated price on JJP ($8K) exactly what it costs?
This is going to sound totally ignorant...but: Is JJP really on target to start getting this made this fall/winter? If so, is there any indication as to how fast they'll be produced? Is JJP going to ramp up and get them out in 6-8 months?

Yes....yes....yes

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Maybe they get decals on them?

I believe this has been talked about before. Stand up targets with drops in front of them.

#1945 5 years ago

I know Jack and I know the Hobbit will be a great game. That's all I have to say about it. In a few weeks the game will speak for it self!

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from OldPinster:

Don't have to show video to let people discuss something interesting about the game. Information on game rules, modes, or whatever would be nice. How does someone crap on that?
And I thought profanity was not allowed on here? Or is it only not allowed when it's someone you don't like?

When I spoke with Kieth at Jacks show he said "I am going to show the world what a real mode based game looks like"

We were talking about the Hobbit!

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds awesome. I prefer Keith's style of rulesets that tell a story, put you on a quest and give you rewards towards a larger goal then others that are simply about points. Keith's rulesets just keep me coming back again and again. There's so much content to work with too with the 3 Hobbit Films that the game could very well be deeper then WOZ, LOTR and TSPP.
I'll admit that I actually considered dropping my Hobbit preorder after seeing TBL reveal yesterday. However, I can't see spending almost $9k on a theme that I can't really relate to. I like TBL movie but it's not one of my favorites. I love the LOTR and Hobbit films though and can see pins based on those themes being much easier to get my wife onboard with (especially with having kids in the house one day) and something that she will enjoy as well.

I strongly advise you to not drop your hobbit pre order till after expo!

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

All this secrecy and hints of something miraculous about to be revealed. I hope Hobbit can live up to all of this hype. We've seen the playfield design and art. We've seen the cabinet design/art. We've seen the pop-up toys. We've heard that Smaug will interact with the ball in 2 different ways. We've even heard about a 5" lcd rumored to be on the playfield. Now, granted we have not been shown all of these things put together in a single game for some reason ... but what other things could be revealed that will really blow people's minds? I'm sure the game will look and sound nice all put together ... but with all the secrecy it sure seems like there must be some really big surprise coming.
Maybe some incredibly detailed Smaug toy? Possibly (but I suspect some will say they love Smaug and some will say it's just okay.) So is there some other incredible toy on the pf that we just haven't heard a thing about? Possibly. Is it some incredible new light show on the pf? Given the far fewer inserts I wouldn't think so but maybe. Could there be some awesome topper on the game and be interactive? I doubt it personally but maybe.
So what do folks think is going to be the real WOW surprise for them when the game is revealed? The ruleset? A detailed Smaug? A 5" lcd toy on the pf? The game screen on the main LCD?

Lots of things yet to be shown on the Hobbit! Things that have never been done before! Like I have been saying for a while the game will speak for itself soon enough!

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I enjoy seeing the advance teasers from JJP and I hope that they continue to do this with future games. However, I can understand that having every bit of info turning into a lightning rod for criticism gets old fast. Game #3 will give us a good indicator of what JJP plans to do from now on. Without a license Jack can do as much or as little as he wants in advance of releasing the game.

Funny I asked Jack who will give the approvals on Pats game. He answered......ME!

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

To your #1 point, if done it would be video (#3). #2 possible, #4 likely, #5, doubtful (not sure how it would be to look that at the topper during a game), #6 likely

You guys are not thinking innovation. New stuff to push the envelope. That's what I'm talking about!

#2063 5 years ago

Yes Pats game is close behind the hobbit. Remember Pat does all his own stuff. He is very self sufficient. When you don't have the long delays of the approval prosses things move much quicker!

#2108 5 years ago

I have a feeling the hobbit will go much smoother than woz. I'm looking forward to Expo!

#2185 5 years ago

That hole is were the game shoots out a blast of propane and burns your i brows off lmao

1 week later
#2204 5 years ago

I'm shocked! Actually no I'm not. Jack is raising the bar like I said he would!

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What is low end standard cost, vs decked out gold smaug edition?

I believe its standard.....8k....LE....$8500.....SE....$9k

1 month later
#2310 5 years ago

I think we need to wait till the AM.

#2436 5 years ago

What is a 10 point target? Something like rbion?

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe JJP did not bring the Hobbit to Free Play Florida this weekend. The show this weekend is literally 2 minutes from IAAPA too. Hundreds of games, great show, thousands of people and no Hobbit or WOZ for that matter. Guess I'll go back into the show, play some TWD and talk to Gary.

Who is the jjp distributor in that area? They should be covering that show.

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Uhh no. In Florida I think it's curly?

Yes I think you are correct Alex.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

It's a huge arcade show, with a PAPA circuit event, with hundreds of potential future customers, with your competition, your distributor and the heart and soul of your fanbase all in attendance.
And literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR.
Their absence was deliberate, and very odd. Everyone was talking about it. "Where's Hobbit?" Especially when Jack has always gone to the show since the first one. Gary was there, all smiles, walking around playing and talking pinball with everyone. Curly was there. All the PAPA guys, the Sharpes, etc. Trust us, it was odd. John is simply echoing what was expressed by the majority of players and collectors in attendance, and his post is accurate.

Did you ask Curly why he did not have a booth set up supporting JJP? Since he is the Florida dest.?

#2988 5 years ago

Cool video posted by Matt. Not much room under there.

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I don't know. Smaug moves a bit which is underwhelming but he talks which is really cool and they have all the Smaug speech from the movie to work with.

Don't forget the magnet next to him. Also the cool fire he will
Spit out.

2 weeks later
#3321 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Talked to Jack and his lovely wife tonight and got to finally see the game...even met Gabe (who makes me very jealous because his name is on WOZ and he seems to see and hear all when it comes to JJP!). I want to congratulate Jack on a great product. This is the most exciting pin coming out in the next six months...especially since that "other" one seems to have gone belly-up today!

I had a feeling that was you lol! I had intended to give you a dead arm when I finally got a chance to meet you. I was presently surprised! The pleasure was all mine. Next time you should stay and chat. Maybe at Pintastic!

#3324 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm a slippery little bastard--you wouldn't have gotten near my arm. I move fast...they don't call me the White Tornado for nuthin'!
Hope to see you again soon when I'm not in so much of a rush (my wife kept me at Ikea for an extended period today). If you're at ReplayFX, I'm sure I'll see you there. Pintastic is too far for me...I drove 100 miles today just to decide on the Hobbit LE instead of the SE.
Be well. I'll continue grumbling to myself whenever your name (and others) flash across my WOZ screen...

100 miles thats nothing. Another hr and 45 min and you would have been at Pintastic. I could get a dunk tank for the out door flee market for you if you like. All proceeds go to charity of course!

1 week later
#3504 5 years ago

I asked Jack at automated what the 10 point switch in the bag end area was and he totally changed the subject. Said it was a surprise.

Don't forget the subway system and upper reverters are not functioning yet.

1 week later
#3569 5 years ago

Sweet! Sticking with my LE #60 here love the hole art and trim package. Goes together like a charm.

#3583 5 years ago

I played it at automated and it was no slowerer than any other wide body. With the pop ups I'd say it was faster than any wide body I ever played. I had a mode going at one time were all 4 pop ups came up at once and that got crazy.

#3597 5 years ago

Just because a game has more than average drop targets its a EM? This game is so much more.

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, Gabe. It's an EM. But with wireform VUKs. And pop up bash toys. And a windlance. And a talking dragon. And an RGB LED light show and 2 LCD display screens. But besides that, it's EXACTLY like an EM. How do you not see that?

Don't forget a automatic launcher.

2 weeks later
#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yes, JJP would never recycle old pinball technology like say....drop targets...and then make a Pin full of them.

The drop target banks in hobbit are new technology.

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'd rather have an interative cannon shot verses a toothless talking puppet.

Smog will have teeth and will interact with the ball.

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

How the heck is that "new technology"?? explain how they are so different than for example the target banks from a twenty years old IJ...

Each drop target is individually controllable up and down. Never been done before.

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

So far Smaug has no teeth ... But that could still change before April.
But the 2nd point should be your concern -> initially Smaug "would interact with the ball multiple ways". In the end Smaug interacts with the ball in ZERO ways!! It just flaps it's jaw from time to time.

The magnet next to him and the player controlled upper and lower diverters is how he interacts. Very cool subway system on hobbit. The ball can drop down and come up in 3 different places. Its not implemented yet. When it is the hole game will change. Also he will taunt you.

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

IJ has also a single controllable drop down target near the captive ball. Repeating that about 30 times is not new technology. Am I wrong?

Yes you are correct. When the single drop target is up on IJ can the game drop it down on its own during game play. But is there a bank of drops that has individual controlled drops?

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What? There are plenty of early solid state games that could control drop targets up and down. medusa, Orbitor 1 just to name a few.

Were they game code controlled? If so than I stand corrected.

1 week later
#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I wish it was local to try. Maybe it will be in Allentown so i can try it out. I like hitting things like:
MM - Castle
AFM - Ship
This game just has a ramp in the middle. Wish it was the Smaug you were hitting.

Pinball Star will have a hobbit at Allentown for sure. If not Pintastic New England will have one I can guaranty that.

#4028 5 years ago

Here is one picture from the Hobbit photo shoot. Art work looks amazing! Oh and Jack looks good to. Some of that grey hair that came in from WOZ has turned black again from Hobbit.

jack-hobbit.jpg

2 weeks later
#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Spot on. I don't feel the same sense of value or wonder with The Hobbit as I did with WOZ and that is the main reason I gave my preorder to someone else. If the Smaug head cost $200 to buy then where is the other $8800 in the machine? I'm sure a decent chunk of change is going towards code development and license cost for not only the film but music from Two Steps From Hell as well. However, with WOZECLE we got a clear coated wood apron and a topper yet neither are present in TH which has a higher price tag. If the money for a clear coated wood apron and topper went back into the games toys and features I don't see it.
As for Smaug if he couldn't have been hit by a pinball due to the license (SPOILER FROM 3RD FILM....) restrictions yet get killed by an arrow in the 3rd film then I would have chose an entirely different toy that could be. The damn dragon gets hit by exploding pots in the second film along with being covered in liquid gold and has a giant arrow shot through his heart in the 3rd film yet a tiny pinball can't hit him...the licencors are ridiculous.
I apologize for coming off critical about the game as I do think it will still be a fun game. My criticism towards TH only stems from it's price tag mainly due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and the emphasis placed on drop targets versus other unique toys, features and shots. I do believe that TH will receive a monster ruleset thanks to Keith and Ted. The rules those two create along with animations from JP will bring this game alive and make it a very addicting and fun game to play.

I still think that the people who got in early at $7,500 like me are getting one hell of a game for there money!

1 week later
#4416 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, first of all, Warner Brothers has said that JJP can't use any of the stuff from the third film until the DVD comes out. That's a problem right there. Plus, I think they've been tweaking the game based on all the feedback since Expo, and that's created design and layout changes that required holding off on ordering parts. Now, AFAIK, everything is basically the way it will be in production, so they're waiting on all the parts to arrive so they can begin assembly.
The only unknown is that Jack has said he was holding something back from the Bag End area, and of course, we haven't seen the windlance button in action yet. Other than that, I think the game is what it is.

Don't forget the upper and lower deverters.

1 month later
#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Ugh, that sucks... a few months ago distributors were saying production late March/early April. This must be why they are only taking one "prototype" to the TPF this week..

Is there a distributor taking the hobbit to TPF?

1 week later
#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I rememmber at Automated the flow was really good. It was pretty fast moving. But then The owner at automated had mentioned that he had set the flippers a little higher than factory settings. Jack stated " you buy it you can set it how ever you want " He also said the higher you set it the more you are going to bash the hell out of the machine. So I took that as a warning. How ever, at the settings that I played at, I thought the machine played very well.

Yes I told Jack the flippers needed to be bumped up. So we opened the coin door and bumped them up. I am personally going to make sure the hobbits at Pintastic are well pitched and tuned in.

#5023 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I swear the day I meet you, I'm gonna give you a can of Easy Cheez so you can see the shit we have to eat here in New Jersey. You won't be joking then.

You will meet him July 10th and 11th at Pintastic New England!

1 week later
#5305 4 years ago

Pintastic New England has teamed up with Project Pinball and Jersey Jack Pinball to bring you the first ever JJP Sweepstakes! You have a 1 and 200 chance to win a brand new Hobbit Standard or WOZ Standard. It's your choice! Greatest thing about this is we can put as many WOZ into New England children's hospital as we can.

Winners will be drawn live at Pintadtic New England on July 11th at 5pm! It took a lot of work but it was a labor of love for us. We would like to give a huge thank you to my good friend Jack Guarneiri!

Click here to enter www.pintasticnewengland.com/win-a-new-pinball-machine-.html

#5375 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic New England has teamed up with Project Pinball and Jersey Jack Pinball to bring you the first ever JJP Sweepstakes! You have a 1 and 200 chance to win a brand new Hobbit Standard or WOZ Standard. It's your choice! Greatest thing about this is we can put as many WOZ into New England children's hospital as we can.
Winners will be drawn live at Pintadtic New England on July 11th at 5pm! It took a lot of work but it was a labor of love for us. We would like to give a huge thank you to my good friend Jack Guarneiri!
Click here to enter http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/win-a-new-pinball-machine-.html

First sweepstakes is half sold out in 4 days! Let's bring some smiles to these kids!

2 weeks later
#5830 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Pinfest 2015
ยป YouTube video
Here's the first of many Hobbit videos.

This was me. Can't wait for mine!

#5887 4 years ago

Joe it was great seeing you again. You relay put 100% into making your booth something special.

1 month later
#6374 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plus you can actually own and play LOTR this year.

LOTR bin there done that.

#6384 4 years ago

What games have the logest lines?

4 weeks later
#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

We will probably not hear another update until the end of the month when JJP has his open house. I plan on attending, hoping to see Hobbits on the assembly line.

Update this Friday at 7pm from Pintastic New England! If you cant make it get your questions ready for Jack. The seminars will be lives streamed by Jared.

1 month later
#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

how did he try to embarrass gary stern at the texas show? What did he say. This question is directed towards anyone that can answer it as I see the OP was thread ejected.

I was their for Texas and did not here Jack bad mouth Sterns or Gary. The opposite he welcoms the competition. It's good for everyone. Better games!

1 week later
#8429 4 years ago

I am #220 in the production run. So I am close to the front.

#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Did you call Jen to get this info?

I was 220th in the production run for WOZ LE and Jen told me I would be the same in the hobbit run. As long as I keep my same # and pre order the next game I will always be in that slot.

#8433 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So you are saying if I have lets say number #6, I should have mine in the first batch of production?

No your game number has nothing to do with were you are in the production run. It is all based on what date you ordered your WOZLE. Also if you ordered your Hobbit in the time frame they gave you to secure your same number.

#8493 4 years ago

Real art work sweet lol

#8663 4 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

It looks like the drop targets are too easy to hit and really no risk involved in them. They shouldn't abandon the idea. Maybe upper/lower flipper doesn't matter but you could still force the left orbit first to make it more challenging.

When the drops are popping up and dropping down when ever Keith wants them to it's not going to be easy at all.

3 months later
#9126 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hard to tell, but the trim is not stainless.

Look at the hinge that is an LE

4 weeks later
#9358 4 years ago

Note to hobbit owners please pitch your hobbit at 7 deg. and crank up the flipper strength. I feel another flipper gate coming on. Not sure if I can live through that again.

2 months later
#9581 3 years ago

That was sweet it immersed me into the game for sure. This game will be amazing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Flagstaff, AZ
Sale Pending!
Arlington, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside