Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago

One major problem with this game... It's not in my game room right now
Looking good JJP!

#51 5 years ago

Thanks Aurich!

2 months later
#355 5 years ago

It would be cool if the video feed to the LCD was a full 1080p resolution.
Couple old pics from the open house...
image-558.jpgimage-792.jpg

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

good call. i got the itch

image-215.jpg

2 weeks later
#676 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I asked Jack today at MPE if JJP is thinking of hiring someone from the films to do voice work for The Hobbit. It sounds like a no He mentioned that Martin Freeman wanted $100k for 10 minutes of voice work and that custom voice work from film actors has gone up significantly since the days of games like LOTR.

Dang 100k I am very glad Karl Urban apparently wasn't so greedy for his voice work in ST.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from riverinapinball:

100,000 is $100 each on 1000 machines. Not that expensive.

I'm not saying I want to pay more but if given the option I would easily pay an extra $66 dollars for my Hobbit to get custom call outs

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

What I want to know is: how much would Ian McKellen want? Personally, I'd much rather have callouts from Gandalf than from Bilbo anyways.

Good call!

#744 5 years ago

I definitely think Ian McKellen would do the best call outs.
image-589.jpg

2 months later
#1267 5 years ago

Somebody at the NW show gunna drop by JJP's table and snap a pic for us...

1 month later
#1407 5 years ago

When is the open house?

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

From Facebook:
SAVE THE DATE - Saturday August 9th 2014 - Jersey Shore Pinball and Gameroom Show @ the Jersey Jack Pinball Factory. We are doing a One Day Show and Open House at Jersey Jack Pinball here in Lakewood New Jersey!
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Jersey Jack Pinball
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
This Show Will Feature: Games inside set up on Free Play, Huge Swap Meet outside with games and Parts, IFPA Pinball Tournament with Prizes, Jersey Jack Pinball Factory Tour, FOOD - FUN- SURPRISES - SPECIAL GUESTS, If you are interested in bringing games for the Swap Meet, - emailJack@JerseyJackPinball.com.There is no charge to bring anything to the Swap Meet - must be Gameroom / Pinball Related items
R.S.V.P. how many to Jen@JerseyJackPinball.com to be placed on a Special Door Prize List

Wish I was closer !!

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Lucky you
Can you at least tell us what version of the whitewood you are referring to?

+1 was it the white wood we have seen or??

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

There are many things you have not seen yet and they are very cool.

AND THEN???
image-684.jpg

1 month later
#1791 5 years ago

Looks like they held him at gunpoint to get the info out of him

1 week later
#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I have read it and the invisiglass was confirmed by someone here on the forum. He got a reply from Jack stating that both invisiglass and shaker will be present in the LE model.
The source in the link I am not referring to. My point is a lot of distributors show different specs. Nothing officially confirmed until today......

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yeah I have an email from Jack saying it was included in the LE

Yep I clearly remember this! I thought Jack had also said at that time that the LE cabinets would be screened & clear coated as well. PDX hang on to that email please, cause it sounds like we have already lost the screen printed cabinet on the Hobbit LE. If we lose the Invisa glass and the shaker as well I am going to cancel my order.
Hopefully Jack will clarify at Expo...

2 months later
#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

No. It's where I admonish your grammar; the end mark of punctuation goes inside the quotation marks. If you’re going to quote me, please show some deference to proper usage.

Lame!
image-541.jpg

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

hmmm...you know I'm in on a JPOP, right? I guess not based on that comment.

Sorry pimp didn't realize you were in on JPOP, I'm just pretty discouraged right now!

3 months later
#5073 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can think of 1500 reasons. Preordering a Hobbit a LE a couple years back locked in the $7500 price and option to change free of charge to a Smaug SE versus $9k for a Smaug SE today. Also those who preordered a WOZ got in at $6500 or $7500 versus $9k for a new Ruby Red. There are definitely benefits to preordering.

So does this mean Pats machine will be $9000 right out the gate? Jack if you are reading this $9k for Pats game and I'm OUT!

2 weeks later
#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Let me add this. I am going to make an offer to JJP next week that hopefully will improve the chances that hobbit purchasers will get their machine.

Can you make JPOP an "offer" as well

2 months later
#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

I sold a bunch to pick this up

image.jpg

Gets you from A to B

1 week later
#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No, what Jack posted was respectful, thoughtful and sympathetic to both JPOP and his customers.

No it wasn't!

Quoted from John_in_NC:

What pinside trolls do is take things out of context and try to tear down a hard working guy who's doing his best.

The same thing could of been said about the "trolls" that spoke out about JPOP when there were signs of trouble early on. I sure wish I would of listened to those "trolls" it would of saved me thousands of dollars.

Jack I think your a decent guy with a good heart, but please for the love of God hire a PR guy to deal with customer communications... you are your own worst enemy.

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It certainly looks like a good game. A lot better than I expected.

I played Hobbit at the NWest expo, the game is visually stunning! The game play left me a little flat but it's early and things are still being worked on.

1 month later
#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I've talked to Jack about that one, and Jack was really upset about taken content from the owners group and sharing with non-owners on Pinside. It would be nice if people typed the facts, from talking to the guy directly, rather than heresay and speculation.

OT: I simply quoted another post that had been posted here on Pinside.. I took nothing from the JJP forum and brought it here.

I was quoting this post from fantasy goat as someone was asking about it so I quoted it, the guy could of simply gone back a few pages on the thread and found it on his own (I guess I should of let him)

Quoted from jwilson:

Comments from Jersey Jack on this whole thing:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the letter from Jersey Jack for those that missed it:

#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

And I was quoting someone on another board, who may have gotten it from the JJP forums, but I don't know because attribution was missing.

Sorry about all the headaches goat

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If the haters would shut the f up

Hater!

#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There is still drama here about JJP as about 6 or so Pinsiders can't stand that JJP surpassed everything Stern has ever built with their first game.

Sorry man this is not true IMHO I have owned WOZ and played Hobbit... AC/DC and MET and several other Stern's blow both of JJP's games out of the water when it comes to FUN! Notice I didn't say innovation or beauty I said fun, and fun is why I play pinball!

Disclaimer: I'm am not a "hater" and the above statement is my humble oppinion.

#8052 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Nice to know a mod team member views the lack of on topic material the right to post anything they want anywhere despite the thread subject. Thanks for the clarification.
Now all that time the staff has spent on off-topic matters can be shelved to do something much more site useful.

OT: TigerLaw is probably the most fair and decent mod on this forum! He gives a ton of time and energy here and is an all around good dude! If you think you can do better maybe you should contact Robin and tell him you want to join the team. I'm guessing it's not easy to walk the line the Mods have to walk.

2 months later
#8868 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

IMO, Stern does not care about what the customer wants. Stern is out to cut costs and make money. They are in it for personal gain. Don't get me wrong, JJP is also in it for the money as well. We all have to make a living, but it appears to me the JJP cares more about their customers and their opinions and they have shown that with all the changes the have made to TH. The difference between JJP and Stern is that this is Jack's Passion. He loves what he does where as Stern is more like, send me a check and ill show you a machine.
Jack is the Willy Wonka of Pinball.
Just MHO.

Ahhhh it's a profit deal!

Quoted from lordloss:

8 Games, but only three are A titles, two are B titles and the rest arn't worth mentioning. I'd rather have one AAA title llike the hobbit then a bunch of half assed titles made to bulk up the games per year number
Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

I have played the Hobbit and its a good game (could be an A lister) not sure yet but to call it a "AAA title" is silly IMHO

#8881 4 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Worth the wait...

jjp_please.png

I actually prefer the GOT dragon... Just sayin

1 month later
#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Then why is this the first time I've heard you say this? That was a long time ago. When did the distributor buy them? Why didn't you say it when you got them?
A lot have people have called Jack a liar. This one sounds convenient now because you are saying everyone involved (Jack and the distrib) are now in cahoots. If you can shine some light on their concpiricy, shine away. Otherwise you may be the one lying.

Mark did say something at the time this happened, search his posts if you don't believe me. I remember this situation very clearly as I was waiting for my paid in full WOZ at the time.

Edit: that was fast I see the original thread has been found.

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

If that means giving the world another reason to obliterate the preorder model, heck yeah it's good for pinball!

I think the influx of fresh cash from standard WOZ sales helped to keep JJP from being obliterated.

2 weeks later
#9155 3 years ago

I think it would boost everyone's confidence if Jack would post a pic showing a line of games being built, not so much to show a line of cabinets and games in process but to show a full crew of workers building games. The one thing that most all of the JJP factory pics lack isn't cabinets and parts, its the people working on them... The factory looks deserted

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Nothing will boost peoples confidence - just generates more questions. Why should Jack bother? IIRC, didn't Jack kick you from the google owners group forum - I can't help but think there is some bias in your posts.

Sorry gang this one is OT but dgarrett brought it up so im gunna respond...

Yep, he sure did! Jack tossed me from the Google group for quoting/reposting a post that another Pinsider had made here on Pinside. I didn't leak anything from the Google group, I simply quoted a post that was made HERE ON PINSIDE. I am still scratching my head over that one, maybe Jack thought I leaked his post from the Google group but I never even saw it there. What's funny is that I was on here defending Jack and JJP for a very long time as I waited patiently for my WOZ and when I finally got my game I didn't come on here complaining as I worked thru the problems I had with it. No hidden bias here just my humble opinion. I still disagree with what Jack had to say about people who preordered from JPOP and got nothing "those who invested got what they paid for" that's wrong Jack and you know it! We got nothing but false promises/lies about when we would get our games from John.

Last note, as soon as I saw that Jack was upset I had quoted/reposted the post from another Pinsider I removed it. I think even Jack would have to admit that it was a mistake to post what he had posted, especially considering that people waiting for the Hobbit have been waiting nearly as long as alot of JPOP buyers. I believe that you Hobbit buyers will get what you paid for in the end (an amazing game) I wish I could say the same for all of us Magic Girl & RAZA "owners"

No hard feelings on my end Jack, you backed my WOZ 1000% on any problems I had with it.

PS. The Hobbit looks beautiful IMHO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside