47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Looking pretty cool, one question though, what's the point of using the top flippers when you can hit everything with the bottom flippers? What am i missing here?

I have confidence that the upper flippers will have something unique/easier,etc to hit.

4 months later
#1218 9 years ago

I would think Jack would do everything in his power to get TH out sooner than everyone is expecting. Too much bad taste left in many peoples mouth from WOZ. I know I was frustrated waiting about 6 months longer than I was originally told. All is good now as it's a fantastic pin that I've been enjoying since February, but I've held off buying the TH my distrbutor has on hold for me because of the delays with my WOZ. Could JJP survive a debacle on TH like WOZ? Probably not.

1 year later
#6984 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

... and there was me stupidly thinking all this activity was relating to a Hobbit pinball machine update.

Hopefully coming out of Pintastic this weekend! Nothing to see here until then.

#7033 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome to hear. It sounds like we haven't even seen any of the user interaction features yet such as controlling the kickback, the middle ramp divertor and the subway with the "ring" button. Also, I don't think we have heard any of the 34 tracks that Two Steps From Hell has created for the games modes as well as the multiple versiosn of the "Old Friends" theme. Well maybe one with the games current main theme. Then there's the custom Gandalf call outs that still need to be added which are hopefully approved by now. Oh and then there's there's the rest of the games modes, multiballs and wizard modes from Keith and Ted to go into the game alongside David's sound work and JP's FX work.
If the game is already fun to play just wait until all of the things above are in the game

Yes, but where's the beer tap? If it's a great pin, some people will never admit it because of their hatred of Jack and hopeful JJP failure. Sad but true. They'll all of a sudden be miraculously missing from TH threads.

Really looking forward to the info coming out of Pintastic this weekend. Hope it's great news for those in on TH!!

#7129 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah, even at my age I still get excited by the toys we call a hobby

This is so great to see/hear. I don't care what manufacturer or pin it is. I think we all have to remind ourselves sometimes the reason we're on Pinside. We all love pinball !!

#7152 8 years ago

I'm sure Jack is feeling the pressure to get TH out from the pinball community/distributors and maybe it is close to production, but fulfilling WOZ orders brings in new money which seems like is really needed. I am and always have been a supporter of JJP (bought WOZ-love it!!/TH looks even better/will probably be in on #3), but stating a 2 month estimate to shipping sounds too far off to make me think it's close to being set in stone. Would anyone be surprised if that turned into Oct/Nov?

Adding a second line seems inevitably. There are costs to doing that though and no room for production issues with a new line and/or training new employees. Somehow Jack needs to get caught up so he can run new releases on one line and use the second line for more WOZ & TH orders.

#7154 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Jack stated that pin #3 design is pretty much finished and also there will not be any holdup for licensing or changes in design.

That could change like it did with TH if the response is underwhelming. #3 is a critical pin. Jack will go all out.

#7177 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm willing to put a $1000 deposit towards a game. And the rest due at build time. The Spooky Model™. That's it. I don't care what the game, company, or theme is, I'm not doing more than that... ...If you want my NIB dollars that's the most I'm gonna "prepay".

I'm with you. I'll be at Expo and I hope we get to see Pat's pin. I will gladly put down $1k if it looks good.

#7234 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Let's see, JJP is holding cash from how many people for a pin that has yet to be made? And you say that it's nobody's concern whether JJP is paying vendors???

I'm pretty sure everyone who JJP was holding cash for got their WOZ. I did. Serious question... what has changed to where there is a concern for TH ? If anything, I would think people feel less concerned with TH because of WOZ shipping to everyone.

I'm glad the prepay model is gone though.

1 week later
#7381 8 years ago

Threads are allowed to go dormant until there's relevant info.

2 weeks later
#7539 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Let me ask a serious question, if JJP asks for upfront money on game 3 will people be pissed? I assume we should get this issue out of the way because we all know it's coming. It's always a good practice to get upfront money in any business if you can pull it off, but what is the expectation from people here?? Will the investors change that part of the business model?? I just don't see it happening. Let's be honest, the problem with the prepaid model is you have to announce time tables. Time tables are a good thing too, as if a company cannot hit them, there is a good chance they will go under. Although I am excited and happy for JJP, many here were 100% right, JJP was clearly in trouble.

I don't think anyone was upset when $1k was required for MMr. If it's more than that, then people can be upset if they want, or simply not order. We always have the option to simply wait until it comes out to buy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=chippewa-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.