47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 10 years ago

complete22ge7dn3zf5gi.gifcomplete22ge7dn3zf5gi.gif

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So, which one of you guys has a five year layaway plan so I can actually afford a Hobbit LE?

That would be me! LOL!

edit----oops, you meant a distributor selling, well start sending me $200 month and it will be yours at year 5 when Im done playing it!

1 year later
#6798 8 years ago

I inquired about the ship date maybe 4-5months ago to a JJP distributor who had a Hobbit FS thread going, that person said a J month, June or July(of this year), I cant remember......... but will be interesting to see if he ends up being correct.

#6857 8 years ago

Ill ask this (again) here since the other Hobbit update thread is not a real one apparently.

"Would like to know how long those back glasses set back delivery time frames."

Has there been any machines assembled besides the few prototypes?

#6864 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They could have everything built with fully playing games in lines waiting for the back glass replacements to arrive if that was the case.

Wonder what kind of parts they are waiting on that are unobtainable? I assume the play field layout and whatever populates it is all finalized.

#6885 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wonder what kind of parts they are waiting on that are unobtainable?

I just found out, its the leg bolts.

#6890 8 years ago

When was Hobbit announced and pre order money started to be accepted, anyone remember?

~early 2013?~

#6893 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a huge JJP fan but I don't know how in the heck it takes longer to build The Hobbit now that the company, factory and platform is in place then it did for WOZ to be announced and first shipped.

It is slightly alarming, as in they didn't learn much from the first go around.....just saying....

I really thought there would be a few Hobbits trickling out since this past New Years.

Who knows, maybe they redeem themselves and can knock out 50+ a week once they start production.

#6900 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I will give you guys credit for having that much patience.

For the record Im not in anymore personally, I was nearly all paid up on Hobbit about a year ago, I set a deadline that if JJP wasn't showing any progress on producing Hobbit by end of June 2015 I would be out. After a few weeks of that thought process, I asked for a refund in ~mid-september~ 2014.

Glad I didn't go with my first instinct.

#6920 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

good thing you were/are dealing with a distributor that understands peoples concerns and took care of you then.

Yep, you've always dealt straight with me, thats why I would never hesitate to buy from you Bro!

#6936 8 years ago

C'mon Jack! Get those Hobbits rolling out the door and nobody will care about any of this anymore!.... At least I won't.

#6968 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

You guys are really king in magnifying text quotes and abandon the context. And that is exactly what I am going to do with this thread, abandon it. Thanks for that!

Way to post on the need to drain/abandon a thread, almost as bad as deciding to ignore a Pinsider.

****SERVICE ALERT****

Drain a thread or ignore another Pinballer, Just F'ing do it, don't post about it like a crying child.

#6972 8 years ago

Exactly what I mean.

Thought you abandoned it.....

#6975 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I read Jack's comments about Jpop when they were first posted in the JJP forum, didn't agree with everything he said, but certainly didn't cause me any concern about The Hobbit or the future of JJP.
One thing I've learned since first sending getting on board with WOZ is that Jack can be his own worst enemy. especially when it comes to expressing himself in print, he just doesn't seem to know how to phrase things to avoid trouble. He would be a horrible politician, wouldn't last a second in that viper pit, and unfortunately, Pinside is not far removed from that, the slightest misstep is pounced on.
If what Jack said really bothers you so much that you won't buy a JJP product now or in the future, that is certainly your prerogative, but seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

I agree he can say whatever he wants, doesn't bother me. Just get those games rolling out!

#6978 8 years ago

You also managed to make me laugh. Thanks for that too.

I work it both ways

edit----sorry, that should have been twerk not work

#6979 8 years ago

In all seriousness, at this point do you pre-payers want small updates on minor changes to the Hobbit or do you just want it manufactured and shipped to your door?

I think you all know what I would want, get the game to me now. Assemble that badboy and let me play the crap out of it.

#6981 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Until the lights go out on this one too...!!!.... .............Joey

Im not really convinced you are Joey.

#6992 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Calling people a "bitch" and now a "crying child"...wow. Seriously you come off at times as a bully in JJP threads and a nice guy in non JJP threads. You and several others come across as disliking anything JJP related. There are others that are far more rude and critical. These individuals will make a post acting like they are interested in a JJP game or news only to throw in a snarky comment at the end of it or in their next post. I don't understand it.

Take it to PM ya big P***y

#6998 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

No way things are delayed yet again after some of those comments he made...

I think he is going to announce they finally got those leg bolts in stock

#7046 8 years ago

I finally got to watch the last Hobbit movie last night, pretty decent...was hoping for a lot more Smaug though.

Love it when Oakenshield gets all crazy, reminded me of the JJP fanboys.

tumblr_niw024Byqv1sns9vwo1_540.jpgtumblr_niw024Byqv1sns9vwo1_540.jpg

#7048 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wasn't there supposed to be a big Jack announcemnet today?
any news?

I think he put everyone on ignore.

#7052 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Believe me, the fascination does not last.
I think this is the weakest of the 3.

We just grabbed it from RedBox, probably never watch it again. LOTR on the other hand, Ive watched all 3 of those multiple times. Probably the best Trilogy of all times. My apologies to StarWars and Doug Manley.

#7059 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yup. I just grabbed a seat.

Film it and post it!

#7093 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Late August to September for production. DAMN. I guess i won't get mine til 2016. HOLY SHIT....

Quoted from hillbilly:

I believe Jack was talking about building another 700-800 WOZ games through the expiration of the license in 2017.

So they are going to stop running WoZ and run some Hobbits, then switch back to WoZ again?

Some of you have been to their facility, can they run 2 titles on their production line at the same time?

#7097 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'm not buying that there's a market for 700-800 more high priced woz machines (meaning higher than the pre-order price.)

I don't know......could be true but it just sounds like Hobbits are really low priority and are going to be made very slowly.

#7101 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

They currently are not set up to do both in my opinion. I believe that JJP will need to increase production. Being in manufacturing for over 25 years, I would say this means adding shifts of production to meet demand. I don't believe they can support production of 800 WOZ games, 1600 TH pre-orders, and JJP 3rd game without doing so. Additionally, it is evident that JJP is out of the pre-order business with the launch of their 3rd pin. To me this means they either have enough capital or equity to manufacture games without using the pre-order cashflow. A good sign for JJP and all who believe the competition will be great for all us pinheads.

Yes, hire up some workers and get those lines cranking!!! Thats a lot of Hobbits to make!

#7102 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Who thinks a Hobbit 2015 delivery will happen?

I do not, even if they get a few out to make a couple customers happy that would be great.

#7111 8 years ago

1500 Hobbits (was that the LE run?) so 52 weeks of 2016 would be ~29~games a week, it would seem quite doable.

#7114 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I believe that's SE's, LE's and Standards. He undoubtedly will get a lot more orders once the game starts shipping. It wouldn't surprise me if he sells another 1500 or more. Add a few more WOZ's and preparation for JJP #3 and you can easily see why he'll ramp up production.

As a business owner myself, if I had that much work waiting and all those dollars to collect, I'd be hiring every able body I could.

How many line workers work currently? Anyone have an idea of a ballpark number?

#7182 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Jack will have plenty of cash once he starts actually shipping machines.

Aren't they all paid up for already (hobbits that is). How will that bring in new cash unless there is line hopping?

#7236 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Damn.. wife is calling. There goes that quick game.

Or she can help to make the swap go quicker and get a 2 player game in!

#7322 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't know what to tell you man, you are taking it the wrong way. He meant it as a joke.

You are both wrong. He was seriouslyjoking.

4 weeks later
#7577 8 years ago

That TRON game sure turned out to be a snoozer.....

#7579 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, uh...what's the update on Hobbit?

It's still coming.....soon'ish

#7614 8 years ago

TRON is awesome because it actually exists. Keep on wishing your Hobbit arrives by end of 2016.

#7644 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

The music in tron ruins it.

The best audio in any pinball machine? You mean that one?

#7647 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

BTW heres what the proceeds of the WOZ sale helped to fund

Is that a Mustang LE?

#7690 8 years ago

So instead of folding like a house of cards, I punched you in the mouth (metaphorically, of course). And I’ll continue to swing for the fences [at you] whenever I see fit. You picked the wrong Pinsider to strong-arm because I have No Fear of poking around in the hornet’s nest at a “Pinside Immortal.”

LOL! This is the most pathetic shit Ive ever read on Pinside.

Edit-----I mean, it honestly made me laugh that there are actually people out there that think like this!

#7699 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, but at least I'm not stalking the Cap'n all over Pinside like he's doing to me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-an-update-anything-really/page/3#post-2626197

Pretend captains like to stalk, they don't know any better.

#7704 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm more of an Ac/dc and Metallica kind of guy, techno, not so much.

I don't know Ice, getting some time in on someones blinged out subwoofered pro/LE with the volume jacked is the true test...if you do and still walk away not enjoying it, I can respect that.

#7706 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Typical JJP thread
All bitching, no games

Can I bitch about the tornados floating around my house? Damn WOZ!

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 9.48.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-18 at 9.48.35 PM.png

#7780 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But then again, maybe people just flush dough down the toilet?

Lots of that going around with all the vapor pins.

#7783 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah man, that Predator pin was some vapor shit wasn't it?
Maybe that's why its better to get something real?
Oh shit, maybe you are talking about Lebowski? Alien? Lotta vapor out there

You are the expert, Ill wait for you to answer your own questions.

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.png

#7787 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Don't down vote me iceman - I'm on your team
right?

He gets in a down voting mood when he drinks a lot.

#7875 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't have to be about my brand dick is better than your brand dick. I like all pinball

I like dick.

Robin_Dick_Grayson_0022.jpgRobin_Dick_Grayson_0022.jpg

#7897 8 years ago

This thread is going to need a peter meter to sort out the details.

#7899 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

or a meter peter

Is it similar? Im just worried about splinters.

1 week later
#8297 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Big setback for JJP if Pat's game is NOT revealed at Expo.

Agree

JJP spokesperson "Hello Expo 2015 crowd, sorry to announce we have no info on the next game release, we are still trying to figure out how to make Hobbit, so bear with us."

#8314 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If JJP releases anything on Lawlor's games the sharks will pounce and pronounce Hobbit dead as they have with the announcement of GoT. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I wouldn't release a single tidbit on Lawlor's game until it's ready to ship (like Stern does). Pre-orders are dead, so why reveal anything until then?

Why not show Lawlor stuff? Show that JJP is looking towards the future and will be around for awhile.

Who in their right mind would dump their Hobbit order to get on a wait list for JJP3 that might be another 2-3 years down the road.

Edit----Just go the Jpop route and show some art sketches That had people mesmerized for quite awhile, get the taste buds salivating.

#8318 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Because it would be old news by the time it's released...kind of like Hobbit is.
Really, doesn't it feel like it's been out for a while already?

I don't know, if I were employed as a sales rep/spokesperson for JJP Id be trying to pump up as much enthusiasm for anything.

If JJP has nothing to show at Expo time, it would be a very dull showing for them......Would be sweet if they showed up with a truckload of Hobbits for some of the pre-order guys that are at Expo, now that would be fucking awesome!

#8345 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It would be even more awesome if Stern showed up at expo with Daenerys Targaryen and had a dragon from the show blow her clothes off with fire (it's ok, she's fireproof, but her clothes are not). If we are going to dream, really dream awesome!

Stern would just cut corners and ruin it hiring a cruddy body over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.