47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Looking pretty cool, one question though, what's the point of using the top flippers when you can hit everything with the bottom flippers? What am i missing here?

I think this is appropriate concern. I played a lot of WOZ the other day and felt like the upper flipper was only really needed for the skill shot and often resulted in an out of control situation (caveat - I don't consider myself a WOZ expert). I would like a satisfying shot with the upper flippers. I am in on hobbit and did not get in on WOZ due to theme, and to be honest I am now considering getting one, it's turning into a great game. Love trying to save my drains via TOTO and Dorothy (game within a game - they should make this a signature on all JJP games). Build quality is Amazing on WOZ

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I agree about it being a design decision, which actually seems to work ok on WOZ , but I think an extra 0 at the end, would be well worth the time investment to add it. It should be comparable to what it will getting compared to at times, LOTR.
Even being relative to the game your playing, as stupid as it is, the slightly higher score is still more appealing. Except when it becomes ridiculously inflated.

+1

2 months later
#476 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

So apparently there is no video that can be taken/shown without revealing some significant pinball advancement that would somehow give Stern an advantage if they even just saw it 8 months before it's released to the public anyway? Okay.
Honestly, I have really only ever been interested in detailed updates such as ...
1) We are now on our 3rd and what we believe will be the final white wood prototype.
2) We expect to have cabinet art finalized this week and approved in 3-4 weeks (approx).
3) We have 80% of the playfield artwork done but we're waiting on the 3rd movie's assets to be released to us which should be next month.
4) We have worked out the final details of what the LE unique features will be and they are:
5) We've finalized cabinet hardware powder coating color and some of that production has even begun.
6) etc. etc.
I especially think just getting basic information like the LE specific features is WAY overdue. How can this information be deemed an advantage to Stern? I agree there needs to be some balance between revealing too much and too little ... but right now, it is WAY too far on the "too little" side.

Jack Is smart not to release too much info. One thing Stern is good at is quickly getting machines mechanically developed and manufactured (not code complete obviously).

I don't think he owes anyone anything unless he is going to miss the December date for first machines.

#645 10 years ago

I thought the 2nd DVD was out already.

1 year later
#5181 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

One thing you'd know if you knew me personally: I don't bullshit. I speak my mind, even if it makes me look like a loser. I tried to tell you I was fair and balanced about JJP. I loveloveLOVE WOZ, and I'm sure #3 will be a wonderful game. This one looks good, but it's depressing thinking about what the game could have been if Warner Brothers hadn't tied their hands. I still think Keith's code (and the windlance) can save it from mediocrity...and that's why I'm keeping my game. I still believe in what Jack's doing and I think they make amazing machines.

I can't wait to see Pat's game. I am a huge fan of his (RS, TZ, Family Guy). I love pins that have toys that mechanically interact. That's why I bailed on Hobbit. (It's beautiful and will have great rules I am sure). Hopefully, they turn Pat's creativity lose and create a mechanical masterpiece with awesome rules! They certainly won't have the Warner Brothers tied our hands excuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.