Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 6 years ago

Wow it's almost hilarious the angry and scared mob was out earlier this week and the end of civilization and JJP was at hand and they could do no right.......
mob.jpg

Then JJP shows a few Hobbit update pictures and videos and all is forgotten and they are the best and greatest again!
shiny.jpg

10 months later
#2675 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the playfield art is drastically improved. Good work. Don't know if I like the gold coin version of Smaug. It would be nice to have the gold coins around his base and some on him, but the red version hidden in the gold coins. Not make him solid gold like he currently is. Nice to see improvements all around. will they be able to compete with the Big labowski quality? We will see.

I like all the changes I've seen so far, glad I got in on pre-order spot when everyone else was jumping ship. I'm excited and hope it comes out in reasonable time frame more than anything.

We haven't seen any of new red dragon yet now just gold one right? Or did I miss a picture? Any chance we can have the gold smaug but have the regular LE machine? Are they easily interchangeable?

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

If a 3-6 month delay is announced,

Oh please no!

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from Noface:

I just paid $8,000 for a Disney cruise that will be over in a week.

That better come with daily Minnie massages, holy crappin expensive!

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I find toppers way overrated. And they add nothing to gameplay. I will not miss a topper for TH

I like toppers but I'd rather money be spent in the game itself than adding a topper if I had a choice. Plenty of cool aftermarket ones made for those that want them and this has endless possibilities for them

1 month later
#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's actually pretty awesome. Has a unique storyline. I liked it a lot.

I thought I was the only one, I hid in the closet for years, I always thought Vanilla Sky was a good movie, I liked it! There I said it, liberating

2 weeks later
#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

It's barely January. Give it a bit.

It is?! I am planning my Feb work appointments for next week!

1 month later
#4612 4 years ago

Any further word on when production will start or is it all silent on that front as well? Lack of any recent news kind of sucks.

1 week later
#4858 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I hope that the jackpot callouts on TH are loud and awesome. That's the one thing I would change on WOZ: make the callouts audible and exciting!

Totally agree, was always one of my major complaints with WOZ is I never got pumped up while I was playing it, especially not during multiballs. Some of my favorites still are loud booming and exciting starts to events/multiballs. Like LOTR every time, love the start of most of those. Plenty of in your face clips and music that can be used for Hobbit I hope they nail it.

1 month later
#6002 4 years ago

I hate even saying this and it isn't meant to be an ass or throw fuel on any fire, I try and keep up with updates but I can't keep up with everything.

IS there ANY additional updates people got from Jack at Allentown show or otherwise about more firm production schedules or at last any reasons why things are still being delayed at this point?

It's just so frustrating getting no official word on this, the excitement of the pin just goes away after awhile. I ruined myself on WOZ, I was so angry and frustrated at waiting by the time I got it I never really enjoyed it as much and it left a black eye on it for me and now I'm feeling it might happen again.

#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey, anyone seen Beelzeboob?

Ya he poked his head in and looked around, he saw nothing new and left

This thread is is about 80 pages of nothing related to Hobbit updates, 40 pages of bitching about no Hobbit updates and 1 page of actual news on the game. This sucks, time for an update JJP.

1 week later
#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I've listened to various people piss and moan about how Jack conducts his business for almost 5 years now

With one game out the door to show for it. I'm like everyone else and hope for nothing but the best but when I see a statement like that I think it kind of sums it all up. WAY too long without enough results and of course people are going to criticize and be frustrated. If he came out 4-5 years ago and stated I plan on putting out a game every 4-5 years, then I don't think we'd have much to complain about. That was not the message. Continued delays and lack of good updates is going to frustrate anyone especially that has been asked to pay their money upfront.

3 weeks later
#6467 4 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised played at RMPS, in person the game is definitely beautiful if the rules come together and modes become clear and objective could be a great game. I just hope it gets out soon, the wait is slowing sucking the life force out of the excitement

2 months later
#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Don't buy until you can take immediate delivery of a machine.

Oh you mean don't pre-order and give him new money so we can get it in front of everyone that pre-ordered? I've debated it, sitting in line waiting is getting really old. Kind of a joke at this point.

#8007 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

It's vaporware until it isn't and you guys with pre-order ants in your pants not only deserve your disappointment, but you are 100% responsible for the perpetual delays. After all, you provided the cash flow that allows JJP to run wild with excuses while dowsing the fire that rightfully belongs under Jack's ass.

I'll 100% take the blame and agree, the pre-order model is ridiculous unless it's $1000 or something as seems to be the model other manufacturers are now going to(Spooky, Heighway), the reality is you think JJP would be here right now had he not taken money on both WOZ and TH, I think the odds are likely not. So in the end if I get a game and we have another pinball manufacturer, then I helped make that happen instead of sitting on the sidelines like the armchair QB you seem to be that wants the games and gets to rip someone off to get it. Congrats to you but don't sit here and preach to those of us that have put money in to help see new games happen.

I'm not going to defend JJP in any means I think these rides on WOZ and TH have been ridiculous but at least I put my money where my mouth is so I earned the right to bitch about it.

7 months later
#9590 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I hope the pop-ups aren't only used as targets, but also used as blockers. What would be cool is if they would pop up for a mode (or portion of a mode) as if they were defending the targets you need to hit and don't go down if you hit them. The targets you need to hit would be something in the back (drops, ramps, whatever) and the pop ups serve as an obstacle. Maybe the pop-ups go down if you hit them enough times and the shot you need to hit is a countdown, so "breaking through" would serve as a time/point penalty. Lot of creative ways to use these targets that could make them better than just being the same trolls that were in MM.

I believe this to be true in a few of the modes if I'm remembering right. I believe in one of the Radagast escape modes some of the monster bash targets stay up and you can't get them down making it harder to accomplish what is needed. There are definitely some modes where the drop targets cycle and you aren't supposed to hit them but hit the stand up targets behind them. There are so many modes in this game it is hard to see what to do in all of them without looking up at screen and even then they change as you progress. Great fun and variety of modes I have seen so far.

#9592 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Which is the mode that when you hit the right ramp the ball will divert and drain down the left outlane?
What are you meant to do in that mode?

It seems quite a few of the modes do this, not sure I really see the purpose other than a quick pause to let you gather for what needs done after.

#9594 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

All modes do this. What i was talking about it (unless its a bug)
There is an actual mode, during the play you shoot the right ramp - it diverts the ball into the left outlane and the post does NOT come up. So the ball is over, a punishment for shooting that ramp

I don't think I've seen this that I remember.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

water splashes on it when the ball is in the pops.

I had just noticed this the other day when I was playing, probably 50 games in and never saw it. Little things like that show the amount of attention and detail they put into this. I really hope it continues with the code and even more amazing add-ons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sale Pending!
Asheboro, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside