47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WesleyCowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2067 9 years ago

I've got to say I'm really looking forward to JJP's TH and the next movie as well. If the JJP is awesome, some day I'd love to have a 3 game collection (I have very limited pin space) of WOZ (currently own), TH, and LOTR. From what photos, video and discussion I've read my hope is that this game will be even greater than WOZ, which is currently my favorite pin.

8 months later
#6469 8 years ago

Got several games played on TH yesterday at the Denver show. I'm impressed by the game play, artwork, sounds and think as much as I love my WOZ, TH might be even better. The video clips are longer with more audio that WOZ and of course the games has tons of modes.

#6473 8 years ago

The VIP event was just being able to play all the games with smaller crowds and really had nothing much to do with TH except the lines for it were shorter than earlier when anyone who didn't have VIP tickets could play it. My wife and I played TH many times and my wife struck up a conversation with JJP. Today Jersey Jack was giving a seminar at the show but I wasn't able to attend that. Hopefully someone
will update what of interest went on during that.

1 week later
#6587 8 years ago

I played it several times including a couple of games with friends and many games with my wife at the Pinball Showdown earlier this month and really like the gameplay, artwork, video and audio, etc. and also what I'm hearing from David Thiel. I didn't preorder a WOZ and thought I would never own one because I had never spent more than around $3750 for a pin. But after playing and seeing it even in a fairly primitive stage at the Denver show, I eventually bought one hardly used. It was from a person who had it a very short time and then suddenly needed to sell WOZ as his car unexpectedly needed to be replaced. I love it and think it's incredible! I am hoping and now believing TH will be incredible as well. Has tons of modes, seems really fun, and believe I will eventually be owning one.

1 month later
#7775 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope the Hobbit turns out to be as fun as WOZ WOZ will go down as one of the best game of this generation regardless of what Pinsides regular WOZ / JJP bashers say. Also, WOZ is one of the most loaded, feature packed, fun and best software supported pinball machine ever created. There's a reason JJP continues to sell them.

Agree! I've owned mine since 1-2013 and play it way more than my other 3 pins combined lately. Only MM is seeing any reasonable play time in comparison. But like anything, not everyone likes the same thing. Some do like the WOZ theme or what a faster game, etc. I believe TH will be great, possibly even better having played several game on it.

#7896 8 years ago
Quoted from jams77:

Why do people say that he is passionate about pinball? He saw a growing market and jumped in to make cash. That is all I see. He wasn't a member here until he had something to sell. What gives people this idea? There is a lady that has bagged my groceries for over 20 years. I said "wow you've been here so long now you must love it. Wish I could find people that stay like you." She replied she hated it but it was close to her house and gave her money to go shopping for herself every two weeks. The only thing I have seen from him personally is he is passionate about talking. A 2 min. phone call is like 20+ mins.

I'm not sure really how much $ anyone makes in this relatively small market and seems like one most have passion to do the work to get into this. However I'm great with people who have a strong passion and can find ways to make $ with their passion unlike the grocery bag lady who hates her job. Not to judge her as she has legit reasons to stay there. However I think if anyone of us could whether related to pinball or not, in an deal world we love to make decent or even better $ at something we love, versus tolerating, to do.

But back on TH I'm not buying one yet, but I suspect like WOZ, once released I won't be able to resist. This being said by a guy who before had never spent about half for a pin before buying a barely used WOZ. Have played TH at two shows and really impressed by the whole package.

2 months later
#8866 8 years ago

Well TWD and Metallica are only B titles to me, actually TWD is a C because I really, really dislike the theme. Band themes do nothing for me. Although AC/DC to me is so well done it's my favorite of the band pins although I'm not a fan of that particularly band. ST could still use some refinements especially in more creative modes so I'd put it in at an A-.

Hopefully TH really will be an A or even A+ but a release date and it actually happening does need to take place soon. I understand the angst for those who've been waiting a long time and Stern's been putting out lots of pins.

3 weeks later
#8958 8 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Saw this on FB. I hope this means they are shipping soon.

5168fa96-49bb-4285-a58a-d3d5c8d66169.jpg

Guess my thought is if TH is shipping where's the big news fest from JJP announcing this but hopefully it is indeed shipping!

4 months later
#9674 7 years ago

I believe WOZ and TH in a few years will be regarded by many as excellent pins. Having JJP, Spooky Pinball, and others enter into making pins will hopefully add creativity and fun that otherwise might not have happened. This isn't an anti-Stern statement and let's no get into that fight, please. I was and still am excited by the WOZ I own. Now very glad to see people receiving TH and hearing many positives about that. I played a TH for many games and really hope to own one before too long.

4 weeks later
#9742 7 years ago

After some minor issues on some early ones, on the latest releases are the issues with balls getting stuck in the pop ups and habit trails going okay with ones now coming off the assembly line?

Okay let me explain motivation so no one will misunderstand and think I'm trolling. I want to buy a TH very soon, maybe from someone who pre-ordered, but now wants to sell their spot. Or from a distributor that has one already in stock. My preference would be to up the odds that I get one NIB that's basically plug and play. I realize could wait and get a slightly used one that's working 100% but I've never experienced the NIB thrill and sort of would like to with TH. It's because I like JJP and am very, very excited by TH so put to rest, please, doubts I'm criticizing JJP in a backhand way. WOZ is great (gets more play from me than MM, SM, or my other games) and I'm so very happy with it and would love to add a TH next to it!

Also amazed that JJP has just already added another new code update to TH and how well WOZ has awesomely developed re: code! Thanks JJP.

4 months later
#9870 7 years ago

Are no games being built currently?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WesleyCowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=WesleyCowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.