47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaTa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That really depends on when the have access to the assets from the third movie. They have to have time to update graphics, art, video and game play to incorporate stuff from the last movie in the trilogy.

JJP stated that that they have, right now, exclusive insight and info on the third movie.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is what I plan on doing to my WOZECLE topper when I get the game. I hope to make it interactive.

If you do...make two!

2 months later
#392 10 years ago

I traded an CQ "like" AFM for one of the first 10 to be produced...#15. I paid him the premium for this so I don't have to deal with all these headaches that many have seen buying WOZ anticipating that all the build issues were resolved during its production. My friend also bought one and was told it would be getting delivered some time late summer 2015, not sure what his number is. I'll start a posting when it arrives for Christmas 2014, but I still have some reservations that my Hobbit may not show up until Christmas 2015! Heck, my buddies may even show up before mine!! I hope JJP does have there feet to the burner with this contractual obligation they have with the studio. FYI... my buddy spoke with Jen while making a payment this past week and was told that they would be releasing more detailed pictures of the playing field within the next week or two. We'll see

1 week later
#438 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^ lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^

#509 10 years ago

I traded for the #15 spot some time back. It is supposed to be one of the first 10 produced so I'm really stoked for the holidays. The gentleman I traded it for paid a premium for the # and production spot.

Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That situation makes me wonder if anybody has got confirmed JJP really OBLIGATES pre-orders to rigidly follow the payment schedule or holds it more like a guideline?
Btw... I got some confirmed info -> Shipping will begin in November or December.
- That makes development is nicely on schedule

My buddy is on the payment plan. When he went to pay over the phone, he discussed the lack of transparency on the Hobbit. Jen told him if he didn't feel comfortable with what was being disclosed that he didn't need to make another payment until he was. He said it seemed as if they weren't too concerned about it. I wouldn't of believed it if it weren't from my best friend.

#514 10 years ago

^^^^^^I'm happy to see there's a smiley face behind that^^^^^^^

1 month later
#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he's not George Bush.

More like Obama

3 weeks later
#1260 9 years ago

He also said he'd have working protos in September to bang around on

#1307 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's gonna be the best Flag Day weekend ever!

It will be for me. I get to take my son to a cemetery that didn't ,for what ever reason, place flags on the graves of those who served our country on Memorial Day. It now gives me the opportunity to show my boy what honor and service is all about.

Sorry to post this here... just pisses me off the lack of respect these days for our true hero's!....

1 week later
#1385 9 years ago

I wonder how "gold" plated pinballs would look like for this game?

3 months later
#1505 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I wonder if the Hobbit will have internet connectivity that will be used for updates or more ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update/page/13
It starts on post # 616

It was discussed and answered here.

#1512 9 years ago

I can't imagine that these will be used for bashing. Those ears would never be able to withstand a direct hit at so close of a distance and those details on their faces would wear down very quickly.. Must be utilized in a different manner. Any ideas how?

3 weeks later
#2176 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Is there something new between the speakers ?

H0B.png 162 KB

Could it be a camera?

1 month later
#2708 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I believe it's a ball save. Additionally, does anyone have an idea of what the button on the lockdown bar activates or what the area on the top of the backbox is (between the speakers)? Intriguing.

Better get off Pinside and break that catfight up in the other room!

#2811 9 years ago

So far it still looks slow and the shots way too long. I don't see how this can be fixed with code. Aesthetically it looks phenomenal! But the rest is just...meh

#2884 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here is another video from a different thread:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/NBhYEBH6VVY?autoplay=1&rel=0
Though short, gameplay seems pretty decent. I don't think it looked slow at all.

What does AC/DC look like... Lightning

3 weeks later
#3300 9 years ago

That gold color trim resembles another pin coming out shortly...

2 weeks later
#3577 9 years ago

I agree with RipleYYY. All dressed up and still boring

2 weeks later
#3789 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Sorry. It's a "crossbow" but sure looks like a cannon to me. Still fires pinballs. My best friend has a TWDLE and it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. At least JJP is pushing the limits on new technology, not recycling something from 1991 that was debuted (to the best of my knowledge) on T2. Yawn.

I'd rather have an interative cannon shot verses a toothless talking puppet.

2 weeks later
#4124 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

That's what I want to know, is it done or is there more to be revealed?
Wasn't there something going in the bag end shot or is that it?

In that JJP thread, Jack went on to say that he needs to build them. Not deal with more design by committee. So... it's DONE

#4212 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You sure about that? That would be great if it were the case but I've heard otherwise

No you can not. Me buddy spoke with Jen and was told SE gets the Gold with the LE getting red. Both with the option to purchase the second one separate for $200... Self installed.

2 weeks later
#4462 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I'm going to hold my breath until I get an update.

R.I.P.

3 weeks later
#4687 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Is it an extendable post?
Hobbit post.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Jack said "YES". I also asked if he'd be selling them on his site or as an option in the build? He chuckled and mentioned how he needs to work on upgrading their site for such purchases.

#4690 9 years ago

Player controlled?

No Standard post like in WOZ, but gives the owner the option to use it or not.

I had a chance to really talk to Jack at PinballStars party and this is summery of SOME of the things that were said and my comments on them: ... RadCals on TH are 1st gen and the new one will be less shinny and more durable [TG! the light reflection off them was unbearable]...TH shown here was the one that has been to all the parties , venues and will be the one at future events [thus no multiple pins to play]...the playfield protector has 1000's of plays on it and it's not necessary for home use. It was primarily made for the OP's so that they could just pull it off and replace it with another one and it looks as good as new [they looked foggy and got dirty around the cut outs]...playfields, cabinets and most of the parts are ready for production. WB's last minute request for the 4 pop ups to include their copyright into the molding of each said figure, even though they were already approved, is just another example of why licencing is so challenging [he handed me his phone and let me read the correspondence between the two of them. I told Jack I felt like reaching through the phone and punching them after reading their ridiculous request]...the axes will be changed [mentioned at some point that they would be smaller and ?]... and finally...this is the finally product minus what was said already. nothing secret will be introduced.

Hope this helps

#4693 9 years ago

Thanks for the update TaTa.
Any update on how the habitrail is used for feeding the windlance? And is the windlance and diverter coming under control of the player?

Thanks for asking. The more you do, the more I seem to remember!

The lock down button will be used to fire the wind lance, control the ramp diverter and mentioned that it would control other things as well. As for how the wind lance is implemented...well that would have been a great follow up question.

#4696 9 years ago

S

Quoted from PinballRulez:Haha you are welcome Let's see if I can come up with some more questions
Did Jack say anything about how the music from both 2 steps from Hell and David Thiel is moving along? I do not have the feeling that much music material is implemented in the current version of TH.
Any updates about how the ruleset is build up? Will it be story driven?
Ow, and Smaug. Was it really the Golden version that was shown?

He said it was the THSE Smaug. Jack mentioned that it was WB who forced the "teeth issue" when the game was revealed at EXPO. I feel pretty good on my decision on upgrading to the SE after seeing it person. It really changed my whole feeling on the game!

He say's that 50% of the code is done, but that doesn't mean it has been implemented into the game play yet. So you assumption is probably correct.

#4703 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, you think a realistic time is about another 6 months or so?

He's more towards the back of the line If you know what I mean...not that I'm implying anything

1 week later
#4950 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Just got a call from JJP. My Hobbit is ready to be shipped or picked up Woooo woooo baby the are on the way!!! Since I'm 3 hrs out and its my first machine I opted for delivery but should get it sometime tomorrow afternoon. Congrats for those that ordered. Its been a long wait but I'm sure it's well worth it.

To have been true....I hate 4/1

1 week later
#5270 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So nobody posted video of the lit popups?

Jack never mentioned lit eyes for the pop ups when I spoke with him at PinballStars party. He did though, go extremely out of his way to mention that Smaugs eyes would be lit.

#5284 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wow! This guy is talented, he's also an artist:
Web page and contact details here (for JJP):
http://quintonkappel.com/vocal-talent/

Somebody should shoot him the info for the tryout

2 weeks later
#5771 8 years ago

Looks f*#king awesome!!!!

#5772 8 years ago

Pinfest 2015

Here's the first of many Hobbit videos.

#5777 8 years ago

This is a production model

#5796 8 years ago

The Hobbit:

Latest code

#5804 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Did Jack say that? I know it was supposed to be close to complete. If true then we should start seeing the first ship VERY VERY soon.

late June

#5805 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hobbit code updated ! New code, brand new built non-prototype game... I think we are going to swamped by the looks of things.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

v
That's me taking the video with the eagles hat!

#5837 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I'm definitely more of a scrotum-type guy.
Oh, wait...

You a Bills fan...

1 week later
#6069 8 years ago
Quoted from brocksbricks:

Here's the link to the google JJP owner's group: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz
It'll say you don't have permission to the group, but just ask for access. I included my name, pin number and sales order number with my request. That might have been overkill, but I was approved on the next business day.

That's Jersey Jen for ya!

#6085 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had date of manufacture starting on 1st June confirmed as well as additional shifts put on to have all built by end 2015 to support third game...which will include some revolutionary changes to pinball.
Parts delay was driven by a new investor where a stock take of capital and parts had to be done!
I believe this to be correct and if so TH should be shipping out in June. Good luck to all pinsiders who have been waiting for their pre orders for so long....the end is near!

1 month later
#6586 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regullary I would wait but I have a chance to get a Smaug SE spot for $7500. If I wait I'll be looking at $9k or $8.5k for an LE.

You would be wise to buy it now for $7,500. If it's not your cup of tea, you would most certainly get most if not all your money back anyway. Maybe you lose $500, but that's better then paying $1,500 later. IMO

1 month later
#7402 8 years ago

Really!? He posted a picture of a defective playfield? I hope it's an anomaly.

#7408 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Looks like they are closely inspecting them - and will get that one corrected or replaced. I bet they will be extra careful with the PFs they send out.

I totally agree with you. I just don't think after all the delays and criticism they've taken, that posting a defective playfield would benefit them. Come out and show that you rectified all and any issues and are now ready to start building machines. Showing this defective playfield only makes me think what it will look like after 4000 plays like that WOZ.

3 weeks later
#7672 8 years ago

^^^ To my dismay, I must say I agree with Hoaky ^^^

1 week later
#7835 8 years ago
Quoted from jams77:

I bought a Bugatti...

Something I wish to say one day!

#7928 8 years ago

From what I heard, Keith will be at the open house this weekend to answer any questions.

1 week later
#8258 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm sure if you were to call JJP on Tuesday and request an SE, they would gladly add it to the run.
It made sense to make the cutoff 12/31/14, if it were about to go into production. 10 months later? They'd be crazy not to accept the order.

Jack can't control his suppliers so his word is useless in these instances. But when it comes to something he has total control over like the cutoff date, I expect and demand it to be upheld!

#8265 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So new JJP games can be bought below MSRP?

NO.They were purchased at MSRP at that time. So, customers who want to buy later after seeing and playing it can benefit from a distributor who took the risk of ponying cash up front and then passes it on to you!

Quoted from Mike_J:

What are the prices?
Who typically has the best pricing on JJP? I think I already know who doesn't.

PinballStar and all other distributors have a strict number to work with. Joe has GREAT prices for those that chose to wait. His risk and forsight is your reward!

#8267 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you all get service and repair parts after jjp goes down. At that point, I'm expecting the prices to plummet on your oversized doorstops. Until then, I congratulate those of you who have the foresight and fortitude to stick out the delays and outright lies to get these highly coveted pieces.

Sorry that your life sucks enough to have had to post this to make yourself feel better

4 weeks later
3 months later
#9179 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm in since day 1, November 30 2012. I'm in the first 50 that will go out the door.

My invoice date is 11/26/12. So, I guess I'm right in front of you then!

What's your invoice number?

#9227 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just like to know if they are still testing or is "actual" production started.
Friend of mine is in top 50. He was told mid March he should have his game which sounds promising but he was told early Dec a few months ago.

I've been told that I'm one of the first ones off the line. But I'm sure that's been said 100 times

1 month later
#9419 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

iPads and mobile devices aren't working properly. You click Send Post and nothing happens so one does it again and it actually is posting every time.

It's doing it my computer as well. But yes, you need to hit send then refresh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaTa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=TaTa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.