47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1847 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Interaction for me is that it will influence the ball in any way (bounce, block etc.) and I do not see that happening. The sling will bounce the ball and the axe will move along. I would call that reaction

Thus, it could be a "distraction!" Sorry, had too...

1 week later
#2097 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think pinball art is very subjective anyway. I like using the movie art and callouts if the pin is based on the movie. I like how it was done for TRON and I like where it is going with The Hobbit. For me I want to see the Gandalf and Thorin from the movie - and hear them. If it is an original theme then yeah hand drawn art would rock. But for TRON and The Hobbit I want to see the actors on the PF/Cab. Not trying to speak for JJP - or anyone else for that matter - but this is the hobbit I would like to see. Just don't mess it up with the toys - pretty please

Sorry, but Photoshop is not art. Its Photos, its boring, and its lazy.

1 month later
#2366 9 years ago

Shit, Im not a big Hobbit fan, but after seeing these pics, I want one lol.

#2536 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Quite true. I'm not saying I don't like the new design - I do. But I also planned on switching to the Smaug SE and the cabinet coupled with the playfield art might feature a little too much dragon, if that's possible. As far as the aesthetic changes to the rest of the game (wireforms, LCD book, etc.) they are very well done. Bravo, JJP!

I mean, it is a Smaug version, I would expect him to play a large role in the artwork.

3 months later
#4623 9 years ago

HI

4 weeks later
#5459 9 years ago

Some people just seem bitter, or immature, take your pick.

3 weeks later
#6080 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I said the hobbit was delayed. Never trashed that game. I think it's gonna be awesome

Hey Kenada, what kind of car do you drive?

1 week later
#6235 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Interestingly, we can find this exact quote in both the SkitB and Jpop threads at one point or another.... actually several times....

To this day.

1 month later
#6690 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats!
I have been seriously considering selling most of my collection in order to get a Hellcat.
image.jpg

Do it!!!

#6700 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Better off getting a tesla. It's faster . It also won't fall apart after a year or have regular electrical fires after a year Like everything that comes out of Chrysler.

Actually its not faster. That vid that I know you are referencing was a brand new car and driver. He has since smoked that dude. Not too mention, the Tesla is about $35,000 more expensive. Not exactly and apples to apples comparo now is it.

#6745 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My e63s has 644hp 654/lbft after a tune and pipes, and can't turn for shit. It's boring as hell to be honest with you. I just would rather turn in and power out than just go fast in a straight line which you can't do much of anyway without going to a drag strip. Sitting around all day for 3-4 11 second passes is just not fun. I'd rather have 6-7 45minute sessions over a weekend (3-4 a day) where I can hit that same top speed you see at the dragstrip, over and over again.

You obviously like cars that look like half a belly bean. And comparing a Carrerra GT to a Hellcat is just hilarious.

#6749 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Guys, listen to the mod please?! Lets get back to worrying about the Hobbit delivery date

Do people have to vocalize concerns about a delivery date that has not been announced? Or should we ask you for more information??

#6752 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

image.jpg

what the hell is a belly bean. The e63 is a good looking car and the analogy was cars with tons of power that are death traps on the track. Since you likely have driven neither I can't see how you can comment further.

android-jellybean-logo-2-1.jpgandroid-jellybean-logo-2-1.jpg05-2012-tesla-model-s-fd-1347336754.jpg05-2012-tesla-model-s-fd-1347336754.jpg

Bland bland bland. I bet you like automatics too..

Back on topic.

#6816 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Draining the thread since mods refuse to boot the people continuing the cargument even after they were warned. Oh well.

Oh well is right. Why announce it, just go..

#6817 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

At this point it is clear that this topic has completely derailed. Could we please keep it on topic. If that means no news == no posts then I think that's better than derailing into a car thread.
Don't get me wrong, cars are cool but please open a separate topic in O/T to discuss them and then leave this topic for discussing the Hobbit game.
Thank you!

What's the Hobbit update?

#6846 8 years ago

Any updates?

#6878 8 years ago

Back on topic, there is to be no discussion on this forum unless it directly related to the thread title.

#6913 8 years ago

Soo, JJP saying it's pinsides fault. Got,it...

#6944 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really enjoyed your post. I would say though, that to many people, Jack was so far off base in so many of his comments on the JPop fiasco, that it was really difficult to feel like he deserved even a LITTLE slack.
I mean he actually said "those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright."
It makes me cringe every time I read that quote. It scares me to know that he actually thinks this way.

That's the quote right there that made up my mind on Hobbit. Regardless of delivered games and a game close to being finished, no way am I sending him money.

2 months later
#8551 8 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Please me man, we struggle with money as everyone else

Trying to figure out what to spend it on!

#8553 8 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Please me man, we struggle with money as everyone else

Trying to figure out what to spend it on!

#8704 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Was there a price cut that I missed? All I've seen are both Stern and JJP raising prices over the last 4 or so years.

And what product? TH is delayed big time. Stern sees that people still pay $$$ for a game, so why not raise the price if they can. "Its a business, not Unicef!"

1 month later
#8956 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I pre-ordered 8 pins, 8 I tells ya. Never again!
WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R
My success rate on these to date (1 of 8 received, 3 of 8 court cases, 4 of 8 nearly there, honest) has been somewhat less high than I would have liked. On the plus side, Nemo (with gold plating!) should be completed by end-Nov, and I may get it by Xmas, assuming islamic bandits don't get to it first I also got into collecting jukeboxes while waiting for these pins, which has been fun. One of these jukes was used in a West End show recently in which Ben Whishaw (who plays Q) was stripped down to his underpants and got tied to it, but I digress. That's Ben for you.
More seriously, making new pins is a slow and painful business. I certainly wouldn't contemplate such an endeavour.
Yep, I'm drunk in the jacuzzi again. Soz.

And rich apparently!

1 month later
#9140 8 years ago

And to think there is a thread asking when the Sternbbubble will burst. Given 'll these delays from everyone but Stern, they have nothing to worry about..

#9237 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Seeing the games on their FB profile in final testing is exciting, to me anyway - progress. With all these day-one orders, I wonder how day-one orders actually get divided out amongst direct sales vs distributor day-one orders, etc. Is it a round-robin scenario where 15 games come off the line and 5 go to distributor a), 5 to distributor b),5 to direct sales, etc? Anyone have any insight there?
At any rate I'm looking forward to my Hobbit, whenever it arrives I know it will be great.

Now your just asking too many questions haha

#9303 8 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Catching up on the last 10 pages of this thread and although I have no horse in the race, I've gotto say TH is possibly the most beautiful pin ever made every part is meticulously detailed, it's been a long time coming but those who have been waiting look to be in for a treat! But over the last 10 pages there is way to much bitching and moaning on pinside these days considering the hobby is healthier than its been in years we should all be pretty positive, there's always gonna be shit some of us don't like, JJPs delays and slow pace on games, Sterns speedy cookie cutter games, but we have some great games coming from and although WoZ wasn't my taste it was beautiful and from the looks of TH we have some truely beautiful and fun games coming from JJP plus spooky there's something for everyone.
Now if JJP can make a James Bond pin to the same quality of TH I'll take 2!

These guys have thousands of dollars invested into a pin that is delayed again and again. Some of these same guys have lost money on Skitb and Zidware, so I think it's fair that they air grievances.

#9315 8 years ago

Im guess most of the commentors on the cold, have never really lived in the cold.

2 weeks later
#9335 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Obligatory "March of what year?" question. Man have they blown their credibility. I am sick and sore, and probably should try to be more positive but If I had a nickel for every time I have seen one of these posts (which were ridiculously off the mark), I would have a Hobbit myself .
Good luck, hopefully this is the time the broken record stops skipping and can continue with the rest of the song...

And you sound like a broken record. I understand that we can comment on a pin even if we don't own it, but I ask, why make a comment about something over and over? It looks,like things are getting near, just let these guys get amped...

3 months later
#9787 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I got to play the game on location last week. The game did feel slow. I played 3 games on it and got bored. I am just not a fan of the layout. Though i did play the game with headphones and the sound was great. I would like to see stern install headphones jacks on new games.

I have yet to play it, but I wonder if the player is supposed to take it more as a journey, like the books/movies and progress that way. I want to play one soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.