47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5834 8 years ago

Shot this 5 minute video Friday at Allentown. I had my video set to Ultra Hi-def, so kinda disappointed that the vid seems to only have 360p as the highest setting. Advice would be cool if I can fix that.

First time seeing the game in person. Wow. Pretty incredible.

#5851 8 years ago

I see now that the video is better looking than when I first posted it last night. Still trying to figure out why my phone let me record in this mode for only 5 minutes. I had crazy space left and a great charge. Shot with my Galaxy Note Edge. Will shoot a vid standing on the other side today if possible.
-Julius

#5893 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I just stumbled on this video
» YouTube video

Ha! Thanks. I passed out last night before I could post a link.

#5940 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Shot this 5 minute video Friday at Allentown. I had my video set to Ultra Hi-def, so kinda disappointed that the vid seems to only have 360p as the highest setting. Advice would be cool if I can fix that.
First time seeing the game in person. Wow. Pretty incredible.
» YouTube video

I know the game isn't final yet (at least code-wise), but after playing a game and taking video of others playing, I don't feel that the playfield is too wide open. It seems to me that depending on which inlane the ball takes to the flippers, there might always be a hurry up with at least one of the 4 characters popping up. You'll want to hit it, or it may block a more important shot. Stand-ups, drops, spinners, 4 pop-ups, newton ball. Plenty to shoot for.

I'm also not against the upper flipper because there isn't a ramp just for it. On woz I'm ok with the upper flipper being used as a "gate" to get back into the shooter lane, and it's cool how it's set up with melting the witch. I don't know if there is an opto up at that flipper on Hobbit so that some shots will only count (or count more) if made from it, but I did notice that at least 2 times I flipped across the pf with that upper flipper, it snuck over a dropped target between raised targets to get in there (to Smaug?) and I was thinking there was no way I could have done that from the lower flippers. Not sure. That might turn out to be something worth more points for sneaking it in from the side. No idea.

I don't see what the small screen/book in the back on the right might be blocking. Maybe when that screen is not showing totally awesome content that helps one's game experience, it could just show a video of the back and side cabinet that it's "blocking."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=Pinstym and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.