47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

This gave me flashbacks of "Special When Lit", when they were discussing how they developed the P2K Star Wars in secret and didn't have feedback from the rest of the organization.
I'm sure it will be great though. Although I can't afford it, I'm honestly looking forward to it.

You mean "Tilt", not "Special When Lit"

1 week later
#180 10 years ago

When I look at the blueprint and the lower playfield pic that has been released, the 4 flippers make sense. Essentially, the pop-up Trolls (probably Goblins or Orcs) will prevent certain shots from being made with one set of flippers, forcing the player to use another set.

3 weeks later
#240 10 years ago

THLE has already had a price increase from $7,500 to $8,000. $8,000 is the final price for the LE, which should be close to selling out in the next month or so.

The question is, what will be the starting price for the standard edition of the Hobbit, and will it adopt the Red WOZ 75 pricing scheme of $2,500 down, and balance due 30 days before shipping? That will go a long way towards selling Hobbit Pins. I hope that is the new norm.

#262 10 years ago

JJP's last update was Jan. 16th. They revealed a pic of the lower half of the whitewood.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/January-16--2014---The-Hobbit-Pinball-Update-.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=FWjlUzSfKGs

They said the would reveal the top (where the money is in my opinion, and not just the obvious Smaug toy) in the next couple of weeks.

Of course....more than a month has passed since then......

#264 10 years ago

I NEED Hobbit info!!!!!!! I need to consume it!!!!! Analyze it!!!!! Debate it!!!!

Dammit, I need Hobbit info!!!

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'll take that bet. What do you want to wager?

Does he mean the vast majority of all Hobbit machines, or just the LE's?

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ok

hobbit info.jpg 63 KB

Funny dude!

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually he said any of them to make it out the door before Dec 31st of this year. I don't think you will see 1 more or less a majority of anything.

That didn't help clarify.....

3 weeks later
#300 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. We know there are 4 pop up's in the middle of the playfield but are they all going to be character pop ups? I'm going to guess that one of the pop ups is a trap door and that a couple of them will have targets not only on the front but the back as well. Each pop up can be hit from behind by either shooting one of the ramp shots for the upper two pop ups or hitting the orbits for the lower pop ups.

They are all character pop-ups. This has been confirmed by the designer, as well as what you can see in this pic.

292.jpg292.jpg
#307 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The picture really tells nothing about that. It is just a very early whitewood with non-working mechanics in it.
As far as I know Joe has not confirmed that it will be character pop-ups.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Pinball Magazine August 2013:
Pinball Magazine: Can you reveal anything else about the blueprint?
One thing that comes up in discussions is the four rectangular mechs that are on the playfield. Those are the troll mechs from Medieval Madness.
Pinball Magazine: They look like they could have been trap doors like in Theatre of Magic as well.
Joe Balcer : It’s funny because the plan was somewhere in between. Are we going to use a trapdoor and three mechs, or do we go two and two? It really still hasn’t been decided, but for all practical purposes they will be the troll mechs.
For this game we have different characters. We have trolls, goblins, orcs - there are so many different characters and what they end up being depends on how the storyline works out as we start to put this thing together with rules. We’ll determine that when we get there, I guess.
Full article:
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1449
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't seen any update on that subject since.

"but for all practical purposes they will be the troll mechs."

Sounds clear to me.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

If you quote than quote the whole phrase: It’s funny because the plan was somewhere in between. Are we going to use a trapdoor and three mechs, or do we go two and two? It really still hasn’t been decided, but for all practical purposes they will be the troll mechs.
I think what Joe means to say is for keeping the discussion clear we will refer to them as troll mechs. But there also can be trapdoors. So it is not decided yet or do you have some inside info

$20 says 4 pop-ups.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Looking at it - if there ARE pop-ups (trolls) in the middle of the PF- perhaps those top flippers WILL be necessary for hitting shots that would be otherwise obstructed?

That's been my thought. they block shots for various flippers, forcing you to use another flipper.

#322 10 years ago

MM castle isn't THAT interactive. I still think the T-REX from JP is the most interactive toy. It's eats the freaking ball! I'm hoping Smaug is interactive to or above that level!

#369 10 years ago

292.jpg292.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=Part_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.