47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I had no interest in WOZ so I am new to JJP threads but have experience as I am a Predator pre-order guy and those threads are not much better believe me.

Trust me the predator thread is like puppy dogs and ice cream compared to any jjp thread.

1 month later
#1238 9 years ago

I like the idea of a slingshot instead of flipper there, make for more action.

3 months later
#1977 9 years ago

Id rather look at camel toe then read the tripe crazy has been posting incessantly. Yes forums are to discuss but youve got your point across 800 pages ago.

#1980 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Dammit! What pic did I miss? Awwww!!!!

Unhide post #1968

Edit, nevermind, its been removed.

1 month later
#2219 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

No talk about Jack's story at DPO last weekend? Some great remarks about Pinsiders! Hahaha.
listen to it at Pinballnews.com:
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/dpo2014/ (halfway down the page there's an audio-link)

That's awesome if true. The million dollar question is will it be shown with all these new features at IAAPA?

#2239 9 years ago

Im hoping they got a lot of custom approved sequences so it isnt so repetitious. Hopefully for every one that got rejected they have 4 more that were approved.

#2249 9 years ago

Does anyone know the date that the Hobbit will be at IAAPA?

#2251 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

17-18 one of those

Ok so monday or tuesday of next week, sweet! Thanks for the info.

1 week later
#2422 9 years ago

Yeah I like the playfield art, im not a big fan of the lcd covering the pops and Im disappointed there is no body for smaug. Im still on the fence and may be canceling soon. I do think Jack has done a good job of trying to address what everyone wanted but Im not sure its gonna be enough. If I stay in Id like to know if I go with the gold smaug could I also order a red one to change out if I get tired of the gold?

#2552 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I am sure we will be having a meeting with Jack and crew through out this week and after Iappa to make final of whats all what and what was suggested. So at the moment to my knowledge this is a possibility.

If you made it look like partial gold like and red to look like the gold had dripped off his face that would be awesome.

#2612 9 years ago

Im gonna assume they do nothing but pop up and get bashed. Everytime I get my hopes up and think something great is gonna happen I am let down.

#2732 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm soooooo bored with the constant "flow" refrain. I have Star Trek, not a hater of fan layouts or Ritchie games, but for all that is good in pinball let's please not have every game be all about ramps that return to a flipper as fast as possible.
There are some great games with zero ramps and lots of drop targets.

I couldn't agree more.

#2746 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I never thought that to the the eye and just thought it was there for lighting. Looking at it now, I think it would be cool if that was the Arkenstone.

Thats what I originally thought it was, a cap that dropped to reveal the arkenstone then I realized it was just a flasher.

#2857 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Light Bulb moment! How about changing the back of Smaug from the mountainside which is now gone, to a pile of gold and treasure? That way we can keep the 180 degree turn and he can "reveal" himself from the gold pile?

This is what I thought they were going to when they changed it from the mountain to the treasure room.

#2861 9 years ago

So far my feelings are the artwork looks more colorful, im not a fan of the placement of the lcd. Im bummed that smaug is now having more interaction taken from him(no tail diverter, only turns halfway now and no sign of the rest of his body). Everything is starting to look like an afterthought ergo, the book lcd, the pop bumper toppers, the full smaug, the apron rumored to be interactive. Im afraid having the designer leave has really hurt this game. I'm not knocking JJP since you can't please everyone it's just I'd be lying if said I wasn't disappointed in what has been shown.

#2866 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

This is just a guess and maybe over-thinking the pin. But if your opinion is that the final product is going to be slapped together and a poor quality finished product, you should consider that you are probably missing something.

I don't think this, I do however think there was an original design and once it was shown and was blasted by the masses things started getting scrapped and jjp was trying to please everyone so the product we have now seems to have no cohesive direction. The game does not seem to be telling the story of the Hobbit but more a mishmash of too many cooks in the kitchen.

#2883 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't everyone learn from Expo, that what we're seeing is not final? What makes you think that Smaug will only turn halfway now, just because that's how they programmed him for IAPPA? The likely explanation is that they haven't decided, or haven't completed, the final design of the back of Smaug's head will be. So instead of doing a full 180 turn at IAPPA, they just turned him halfway.
I think the new sculpt of the skull looks much improved. The space between his horns has been cut out & contoured. They've dropped the rock texture completely. When looking at him in profile, it almost looks like he has a massive thick neck. They should just go with a scaled look for the back of his head & made the whole rotating part his head & neck, giving him more mass & presence, and remove the "floating head" appearance. There are plenty of gold pile moldings elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

smaug1.jpg 24 KB

smaug2.jpg 62 KB

Ok so we are just supposed to assume that there is gonna be a different hobbit pin at every show? You know what stops rumors and guessing? Showing a finished machine or tell the buyers exactly what the game is gonna be and quit leaving it up to speculation. I don't like guessing with $7500. That's just me though. Also if the head suddenly goes back to turning 180 degrees my disappointment is more than likely not gonna change.

The smaug head comparison looks the same. The red smaug head was a blurry pic so you can't see the same detail as in the gold.

#2950 9 years ago

Is there anyone from JJP that can answer a question on whether we will be able to buy an extra red smaug if we go with the gold version? I would want both as an option at home.

#3131 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That was my thought as well. In the movie his teeth do not show when his mouth is fully closed, so I'm sure Matt will come up with something clever. With the tongue and lit eyes added, this will end up being a very nicely detailed toy. Very happy so far.

This is just being overly picky, id imagine its either teeth or no teeth. I highly doubt they add retractable teeth to this toy. Its not gonna be an exact representation of a cgi smaug.

#3168 9 years ago

That gold one looks amazing, makes his eyes pop more, looks more mean. I think picking the SE was a wise choice. I like the gold powder coat too.

#3213 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, this would be a great addition it still looks like a floating head, but a better floating head. Lets hope we get some claws arms or other dragon parts to make it feel like he is actually in the machine and not just Rudy dragon head.

This is the thing that still has me on the fence, also I think they took out the tail diverter. Love the look of the new head but it needs body parts. I didn't see anything listed in the upcoming list of features that say they are adding body parts. It would be nice if Jack would come on here and let us know.

#3252 9 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Oh ok that could be nice, but I still hope JJP will change the White GI to RGB...

I agree this is a huge mistake I think. With all the new games released with it in the GI its one of the best way to completely change the mood and environment of a game.

#3254 9 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

It must be much easier to create different styles of modes and multiballs with RGB GI. But I guess David Thiel also have a very important part here to create the right mood.

Im sure the music and sounds will be awesome but the lighting with those bright white leds is gonna take away from the game.

#3256 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just wait until you judge...

Ive had enough frames of reference to know I don't like bright white gi leds in a game. Its a cost cut plain and simple.

#3260 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wait, Bright white GI costs less than Warm White GI which everyone uses? Not the last time i checked.

Where did I say that? Single color leds cost less than rgb leds. No one here can honestly tell me they would rather have white leds in the gi instead of rgb. If you can youre in the minority.

#3265 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You mean the no one as in the people who complained the RGB LED's gave off no GI in WoZ? You're right. We fix a problem and people want the old problem back. LOL.

Its a step backward, so JJP didnt get it right on woz so throw your hands up and surrender. Im pretty sure white is a choice of the spectrum of rgb leds.

2 weeks later
#3332 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

The wireforms are not gold in the gold edition? Will need another $200 to gold plate them then.

They look gold in all the pictures posted in this thread.

#3395 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Surely someone will figure a way to remove the dwarf mountain plastics and make a dragon body instead. Too many smart guys on here not to come up with something.

That's crazy talk, there's no room to fit dragon body parts, this is a pinball machine we are talking about!

#3398 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

KC, I like it like it is, but you know someone will try something. It's the Pinsider way.
What I wouldn't mind seeing is decals of the dwarf mine behind Smaug and decals of the river scene behind the barrels on the backboard.

My response to you was a play on what Jack had said, making it seem impossible to add body parts to smaug. I have no doubt pinsiders will mod that area in some way so it doesnt look like Smaug the Decapitated.

#3412 9 years ago

Don't underestimate pinside modders.

#3508 9 years ago

I don't think the SE looks plain, it looks darker. I like it, I don't think you can go wrong with either. It boils down to the SE for me just for the extra smaug clips.

1 week later
#3620 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think he's waiting for the deadline to pass so he can show the detailed LE pics...cuz he knows it's better.
He's been touting the SE so he could sell as many as he could before 1/1. It'll be all LE from here on out.

Sounds pretty shady to me if it's true. Right now I like the SE and it's because that's all I have really seen in videos and pics yet I have to make a choice by the 1st so it's go with the one I can physically see or the other in my imagination. Hey Jack here's an idea post full pictures of both versions with a rundown of what exactly we are getting then set a deadline. Right now you are having us make a decision by 3rd party photos and video.

#3622 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

We've seen pics of both! Go onto the website now and take a look. Do you want a badass dragon and sweet two stage gold powder with real metal flake or nut sack goblin and ugly white bad guy with the dull single stage gray?
For me it's an easy choice. But for all the ribbing I'm giving the LE guys it's just in jest. The LE looks really nice too and I'd be happy with it if that was the only choice. I just personally like the SE way better. It's up to the eye of the beholder to decide what they think looks best.

Yeah, I'm just sticking with the SE.

2 weeks later
#3698 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why is there not a barrel on the left pop bumper? I thought I heard something about it blocking the book, but I don't see how it would do that. The left one is the most exposed of them and is the one in the most need of the barrel. Would look much better than the yellow dome on the "Stern" pop cap.

Hell it looks to me like they could add a 3rd barrel now with the new playfield. That stern pop cap has to go.

#3860 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just curious how long before someone makes this mod for all the drop targets on hobbit!

image.jpg 173 KB

Can't really tell what I'm looking at. Is it a lit drop target? All the drops on hobbit are black are they not?

#3870 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Why is Smaug always visible and turned to the side? I thought he should be turned 180 until he flips around to start talking.

Well everyone complained about the rock so they changed it so it's not hidden, I'd prefer he be hidden since they aren't adding a body to him and it's just a floating head.

#3881 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

So he is not rotated 180 and then flips around anymore? If so that stinks. . . . He looks odd just sitting there 1/2 turned. Will this be changed to have him hidden and then rotate 180?

Well its supposedly an easy thing to add back but right now it's not that way, I hope they change it back, we will find out soon enough. My guess is the back of smaugs head needs some kind of sculpture since they changed it. I wonder how far out we are from seeing the finished game?

#3886 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well its supposedly an easy thing to add back but right now it's not that way, I hope they change it back, we will find out soon enough. My guess is the back of smaugs head needs some kind of sculpture since they changed it. I wonder how far out we are from seeing the finished game?

To add on to this post what id like to see are jewels and the arkenstone on the back side of smaugs head.

3 weeks later
#4217 9 years ago

Great job on the pillars and teeth matt, I agree if the gold was toned down on the SE version it would be perfect. I Hope they can get some professional pics of a 100% completed game soon.

#4250 9 years ago

It sucks that you have to mod your $9000 pinball machine just to finish what should have been done to begin with. The one pop bumper needs a figure on it, it looks like ass. The book is placed poorly, its little things like this that are making me question this purchase. Jack if you're reading, with a higher price tag comes higher expectations. I don't care if the machine weighs 3 thousand pounds, that does not make me feel like Im getting my moneys worth. Great artwork, innovative toys and monster rulesets is where I get my moneys worth.

1 month later
#4558 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this a new photo? on FB today...looks beautiful 11034283_636607153108102_988050575780289617_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It looks the same, am I missing something?

2 weeks later
#4802 9 years ago

Its gonna be hard to keep my money in on this project after the Skit-B fiasco.

#4818 9 years ago

I didn't say there was a comparison, I said Im gonna have a tough time staying in this project because of the Skit-B fiasco. A preorder is a preorder, there is still a risk and I can't take two failures if god forbid it happens.

#4885 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously, some of you guys just SUCK. To whine and complain about a new pinball machine? Really? I mean, I get it if people have issues with Predator since it was a basement project and nothing special. I understand if Whoa Nellie isn't your cup of tea...but Hobbit is a pretty sweet looking game. To bitch about it BEFORE even playing it is just lame. The game's gonna have AMAZING CODE, you know why? The code's going to be based on some AMAZING scenes from a Trilogy. LOTR has such good code because of what they were coding against! An epic story. Now don't get me wrong, LOTR is far better a movie than Hobbit, but still, the modes are gonna be sick.
Also to come into a Hobbit thread and just talk shit, really? Again, there are games where I can see this happening, but this is not the game to do that. So sorry Smaug isn't the dragon you dreamed it to be, but take a good fucking look when Jack lifts the Hobbit playfield. That thing has NO MORE ROOM for anything. It's packed with goodies. Just because you can't bash SMAUG in his dragon nuts does not mean this game is a miss, or a double. And for fucks sakes people, PLAY THE FINAL PIN before sharing your views on how much this pin is a miss. This game is gonna be the shit.

Bizzaro World....

23871.png23871.png

2 weeks later
#5163 8 years ago

Asked for a refund today, good luck to all that are in on the game.

#5211 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Guys, please wait for final on this pin before bailing...it is still improving. Jack said the beasts now have lights, and lots of other enhancements. I will wait for the for the final version before I decide...I like were its going.

Sadly after the Predator fiasco I can't risk staying in on this no matter how miniscule it may be. Good luck to you guys im sure the game will eventually be great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.