47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Damn.. beat me by 6 seconds...

#11 10 years ago

Some new designs..

start basics.jpgstart basics.jpg user interface 1.jpguser interface 1.jpg user interface 2.pnguser interface 2.png
#13 10 years ago

More..

key.jpgkey.jpg sword.jpgsword.jpg grand champ.jpggrand champ.jpg
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I like the video in the center of the screen

Yes.. much better overall look than WOZ IMHO

interface 3.jpginterface 3.jpg
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I like how JP puts himself as the GC

Yes.. Alex is conspicuously absent..

He must suck at pinball....

scores.jpgscores.jpg
#22 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What are all those pop up squares??

Look like Trolls/Nighcrawler pop ups but would be cool if they led to subway.

2 months later
#791 10 years ago

I got a ban vote for saying I liked a TV show that a member referenced in a thread yet these threads go on and on....

4 weeks later
#993 9 years ago

I am hoping the Hobbit has a very different reveal vs. delivery schedule than WOZ. It would make everyone happy if the game is further along than shown. Unrealized expectations is a killer.

#1010 9 years ago

Cue up the photoshoppers!

#1062 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

OK... hows this?

fun2.jpg 61 KB

Ok.. but I would have figured you would have photoshopped him reading it upside down.

#1099 9 years ago

Wait.. Lawlor is leading on Hobbit?

Quoted from iceman44:

, AND especially now that Lawlor has taken over design should be awesome, and then of course his next pin.
Why do I care? I don't know, I certainly don't need another pinball machine, the madness is taking over!

#1106 9 years ago

So its Joe Balcers design and pat took over or did Pat redesign? I thought TH was well underway and design was shown befkre Pat joined JJP.

#1130 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't see any scenario where it is a good thing to lose the designer at this stage

I picked a bad week to send JJP a deposit for a Hobbit LE!

Glue.jpgGlue.jpg

Seriously though, I am interested in how this worked out with Williams games. I assume this was fairly common to have multiple designers tweak a design at the end (if needed) and I assume they could always bring Joe back to consult if really needed.

#1212 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No idea who's in charge, but Matt from Back Alley confirmed he's doing the sculpt.

By "design" i assume we are referring to the mechs here which i assume Joe completed already.

#1222 9 years ago

I would think it would act like inserts to show completed progress toward a goal, though not necessarily linear.

3 months later
#1522 9 years ago

Not loving these at all. Sorry.

#1678 9 years ago

Is it just me or does the Orc look like Charles Barkley?

CharlesBarkley.gifCharlesBarkley.gif

2 months later
#2343 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Its hard to get a good bagel down here in Florida outside of Ft Lauderdale.

Where do you get a good bagel in Ft. Lauderdale? I will be down there next month..

1 week later
#3102 9 years ago

New Hobbit details..

Greetings Pinball Fans,

We recently returned from the IAAPA Amusement Show in Orlando, where we revealed an updated version of The LE Hobbit™ & Smaug™ Gold Special Edition along with a 75th Anniversary & Standard WOZ. We received extremely positive feedback from both longtime customers and people who had never seen our machines before.

Based on feedback from IAAPA regarding the Smaug™ toy, we have made some color changes. Smaug™ will also be showing his teeth in the production games. Please see below for updated images of Smaug!

Games Revealed at IAAPA included the following updates since it's last apperance at Pinball Expo:

+ Book LCD
+ Replaced VUK exit chutes with wireforms
+ Bumper enter/exit through Bag End (removed "Switch Mode" targets)
+ Laser etched Ramp lettering / RGB LEDs underneath
+ Smaug™ sculpt redesign
+ Gold pile in front of Smaug™
+ Columns, gold pile & lighting in upper left
+ Flasher lighting/domes (3 on left side, 3 on right side, 1 gold pile, 1 pop bumper)
+ New art on playfield plastics
+ Action button and RGB LED
+ New decals - arch, shooter, drops, ramps, spinners
+ 2 RGB LED Smaug™ lighting
+ Redesigned bumper barrels to accommodate book LCD
+ New backglass art
+ New drop target colors
+ Closed entrance to shooter lane from outlane

Yet to come for Production Games:

+ Bumper 10pt switch between top and right (through-the-bumper shot)
+ New Playfield art
+ Beast GI lighting
+ Smaug™ eyes lighting (single color)
+ Laser-cut ramp gate with added GI lighting
+ Smaller axes on slings
+ Teeth added to Smaug Toy

As a reminder, customers who currently have a Hobbit™ LE on order have until December 31st to decide if they would like to switch to a Smaug™ Gold. An LE can only be switched to an SE if a minimum of $4000 has been received from the customer or from the customer's distributor by 12/31/14. After this date, no new orders for Smaug™ Gold will be accepted.

We have had many inquires about purchasing a second Smaug™ Toy so the customer has both Smaug™ colors if they wish to interchange them in the future. If you would like to do this, the 2nd Smaug™ Toy will ship with your game for an additional $200, but will NOT be installed. This applies to both LE buyers and Smaug™ Gold Buyers, both have to option to purchase the additional colored Smaug™ Toy. If ordered directly through JJP, please email [email protected] to purchase. If ordered through a distributor, please contact them to order.

As far as the thick decals we are offering as an upgrade, we will have photos/videos of these in the next month or so to better understand what they are.
smaug.jpgsmaug.jpg
Updated Smaug™ Toy for LE Hobbit

s2.jpgs2.jpg

Updated Smaug™ Toy for Smaug™ Gold Special Edition

s3.jpgs3.jpg
Smaug Gold

s4.jpgs4.jpg

LE Hobbit

hobbit.jpghobbit.jpg

Body Armor Colors - Left is for Gold Smaug

pw.jpgpw.jpg

for LE Hobbit:

pw2.jpgpw2.jpg

2 months later
#4088 9 years ago

The area behind Smaug is also weak. That thing to the left looks like a toilet tank.

It would be shame if it shipped like this as everything else looks so good.

2 months later
#5690 9 years ago

I thought learning from WOZ would have happened a year ago. If I am wrong forgive me, time in the pre-order world of Pinball is a little warped.

Game is looking real good, explanations not so much.

1 week later
#5890 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Joe it was great seeing you again. You relay put 100% into making your booth something special.

+1 Thanks for the setup.. game is gorgeous. . I agree with others that the rear still feels incomplete but don't think I can resist this game. The Screen is not something you play but the animations were just stunning..super impressed..

2 weeks later
#6096 8 years ago

ls0c5.jpgls0c5.jpg

#6223 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

TH will hit the assembly line "purely coincidentally" once the WoZ backlog subsides....

What makes you think there is a WOZ backlog?

#6273 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

SE easily...I mean look at the art on the LE cabinet! It's a mess! If you are sandwiching this game between machines and hiding the art then it's all about the trim. I'd give the LE a very slight edge on trim color.

I am switching from SE to LE..

You see the trim a lot more than the side art. Unless you have 2 pins there is too much Smaug in the SE.

On top of that I don't get how adding gold to a red dragon is a good thing. I understand the composition complaint on the LE but this is not a poster you are going to be staring at. LE package just feels right (to me).

#6313 8 years ago

Not only is it not necessary in a Home environment (aside from dealing with fluke issues in production), it affects play and feel.. defeats the purpose IMHO.

Then again..

2702113_orig.png2702113_orig.png
2074579351_48fb18a115_z-e1322516413205.jpg2074579351_48fb18a115_z-e1322516413205.jpg

1 week later
#6409 8 years ago

Very excited that David was added to JJP. Iron man I always thought had the most epic sounds and music in a pin and i cant imagine how great TH will be with the resources he now has available.

I love the work JP is doing with the LCD animations.

Sounds like Keith is kicking ass with the code. For example there will be FOUR different skill shots of varying risk/reward you can choose!

Disappointed in yet more delays. Question I would have asked is why is there a backlog on WOZ? Seems like there is more than a part shortage and vendor relationships are strained.

Looking forward to getting my game..

#6411 8 years ago

I don't think he was ripping pinside as much as the few antagonists that reside here.

He was complimentary to the site in general mentioning the Pinball locator and acknowledging the constructive criticism. It was advertising for the site. He didn't mention RGP once.

When's the last time you heard Gary get into criticisms at this level? I found it refreshing to hear him speak with more candor on the delays rather than blaming others or disregarding the question entirely.

1 week later
#6498 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Hmm I never noticed the backboard decal. Is that new?
I like it!

I knew that area was not finished.. would love to see a pic.. I am still betting we see more Smaug or molded plastic back there to "complete" it...

Would be grand slam if they revealed approved final design and production at the same time.. heres hoping.

1 week later
#6607 8 years ago

I still think we have not seen all of Smaug yet.

#6809 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

When is the open house?

August 29th..

1 week later
#6990 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jack I think your a decent guy with a good heart, but please for the love of God hire a PR guy to deal with customer communications... you are your own worst enemy.

Jen should edit his emails and post them.

Could be a Generation gap thing. I know a lot of people that always get taken the wrong way in emails and text messages.

I am looking forward to a real update tomorrow on where they are and hope we get some real expectation on when games will ship.

2 months later
#8590 8 years ago

I loved the gameplay at Allentown this year and this game just looks fantastic. Cant wait for these to ship!!!

#8682 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What was wrong about what either of them said?

#8712 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

JJP pins are better than HEPs, and a lot cheaper too.

I am sure if some WOZ owners sent them straight to Chris they would have less issues to deal with.. Hey Chris have you done a WOZ yet?

1 week later
#8767 8 years ago

I thought it was new also.. then I saw the next video posted was announcing Pat Lawlor joining JJP..

3 months later
#9011 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

To say we "like waiting" is inaccurate. It's frankly a pain. We're waiting because we have to but some think it worth it for a really (potentially) great game.

Yup. I am sure it's a pain for JJP also.. he told me years ago they wanted to do at least 2 games a year.. they are not making money if they are not turning out games.

1 week later
#9116 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Didn't Jack hint/say during one of his speeches that there was still a surprise to come? Any speculation on this???

I will be happily surprised if games ship to customers this month.

1 week later
#9230 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Hobbits are almost on the line. I hear that the complexity of the machine, an unreliable vendor and perhaps not the best planning led to the delays. Machine is going to be groundbreaking. I mean really sick.

Hot dog vendor outside the factory? That guy sucks.

#9242 8 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

If I put my order in now, how long will it take to get my game?

Incorrect.

#9296 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

All those winter hats on the production line -- hope Jack isn't freezing his workers, it's tough doing detail work with shivering hands!

Its amazing.. every pic gets dissected gotta laugh cause what else can we do?

I hope these will be going to customers but has anyone seen a game out in the wild like play america yet?

2 weeks later
#9366 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My WOZ did come with some extra plastics though not a full set. As this was my first NIB I thought all mfgs did that. A good idea anyway.

No manufacturers have ever done that.

Slingshot plastics and key fob is all you get typically and last Stern I got (Star Trek Pro) didn't even come with a key fob.

1 month later
#9415 8 years ago

Am I the only one noticing double or even triple posting is rampant on Pinside lately? Gotta be some issue with mobile access.

#9416 8 years ago

And that has to be it as my phone didn't show I had posted above so it's easy to see why people keep clicking "send post"

#9440 8 years ago

Anyone get a price on an extra red Smaug to go with the SE? Not loving the gold Smaug...

Can understand if they need to ship it later until they have extras on hand...

. thanks.

#9446 8 years ago

Thanks..thinking I need the gold for down the line if I ever sell need it for completing the SE (if it turns out to really be desireable)..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=JoeJet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.