Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jargus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1016 5 years ago

I don't think Jack ever said dual buttons. He just said there was more for the player to control than two flippers on each side. People just assumed that meant extra buttons.

1 week later
#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

here are two shots that show the playfield schematics on the wall - you can see there is another playfield that is separated (and the left hand drawing looks to have more inserts) links are to original versions

Pretty sure those are the WOZ schematics.

4 months later
#1686 5 years ago

I don't normally like to chime in on these sort of "rag on the company" kind of threads, but I think for me it basically comes down to an issue with consistency.

1) Whether you love it or hate it, the playfield artwork is photorealistic and straight from the movie (I personally love it)
2) The cabinet artwork is all from the movie, and very realistic.
3) The barrel pop bumper caps are extremely well done and could be straight out of the movie.
4) The Warg and Spyder are very well done, and I know exactly what they are the instant I look at them. Very consistent with the movie.

Kudos and congrats on everything above, you totally nailed it.

The Orc and Goblin, though, have only a passing resemblance to the movie characters and feel very cartoony. The Orc looks like some sort of badly realized mummy, and the mouth is very oddly placed off to the side of its face. The goblin looks more like a disfigured cat than anything else. If the whole theme was cartoony, then they'd be fine. But it's not, the entire theme is photorealism and it's been nailed so far.

It's not that they're bad, they just don't fit and feel jarring next to all the awesome stuff that's been revealed so far including (perhaps especially) the other sculpts done by, Matt.

Please, JJP, see if there's some way to improve these. TH in general makes me super excited to own and play it. The orc and goblin just make me sad.

4 months later
#4260 4 years ago

I wouldn't get your hopes up about further changes. The schedule was already pushed back to get the changes we've seen. Could some things have been better? Yeah, probably. God knows they could have been a heck of a lot worse.

It's been a bumpy road, with a lot of second guessing, but I'm personally really excited that I got in early. I can't wait to have this game in my home.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if the game you've seen doesn't excite you, don't buy it. If it does, do.

It's as simple as that.

1 month later
#4728 4 years ago

I'm sure that's for a new order.

1 month later
#6114 4 years ago

Depends on the distributor, I think. I considered pulling out about two months ago, but the distributor (who I won't name, cause he's a great guy I don't want anyone to think badly of him) said he doesn't do refunds.

The distributors would have a hard time staying afloat if they needed to make refunds to customers, when they've typically sent the money to the manufacturer to secure their spots.

Obviously, YMMV.

2 weeks later
#6385 4 years ago

Hobbit and WOZ are consistently the longest lines.

#6406 4 years ago

The game didn't like me today, but I played about 8 times and watched bunches of others play. It's looking really good, and a number of the shots felt satisfying. I can't comment on the sound because the space was so loud. The ball got trapped a few times, but they mentioned in the seminar that they're working through those issues.

Flippers felt good, and making the ramps was no problem at all. The light show was impressive, and the LCD was, of course gorgeous.

2 months later
#7568 4 years ago

I think the "line jumping" everyone's so up in arms about was a simple matter of the direct print cabinets being slow to arrive. It wouldn't make any sense for JJP to hold up all production just because they couldn't produce the preorders. There would have been just as big a stink if they'd suddenly downgraded all the preorders to decals. So they produced some standards while sorting out the cabinet issues on the preordered machines.

Makes total sense.

My problem with the preorder model is just that it gave me too much time for other expenses to come up and make me change my mind. I was in, fully paid, for well over a year. Had the machine shipped when it was originally planned, I'd own it today. But the delays gave life an opportunity to happen, and led to my needing a refund to deal with other expenses.

It's just too long to keep that much money tied up without any reward. (Technically, I sold my spot because my distributor didn't offer refunds, but same difference. JJP could have had two customers and ultimately got one.)

1 month later
#8620 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Kind of surprised this is still around now:

It's not. That was my spot. Played the machine a bunch at NWPAS, and it wasn't for me. It's gorgeous, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jargus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside