47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#401 10 years ago

Hobbit update: There is NO update. Start a new thread when there actually is some info (which "might" be in December at this rate if we're lucky).

1 week later
#431 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Update from Jack:
I'm at DFW heading back to NJ via Atlanta.
The hour we had was very short. We got to stream a video of the Hobbit dashboard and animations but there was basically no wifi in that room.
I did say that I played one of the white wood Hobbits this past week at our Midwest Campus. The shots felt great, Joe and his Team are doing a great job with this game. It has a lot of strategy and shots and the game is more go than stop and go even with two magnets, diverters, under playfield action, Smaug interacting with the ball on both ends.
The art package from Jeff Busch, JP DeWin, and Matt Reisterer is awesome.
I've said it before, The Hobbit uses all of the 17 unused drivers that WOZ did not need so there is a lot going on.
We had a lot of fun at TPF, great show, great people, great games. It was nice to meet so many people for the first time and we appreciate the warm reception.....

We've already seen a teaser video of the Hobbit dashboard. That's not new as far as I know. So it sounds like there was almost nothing new revealed at TPF and hence, nothing of substance to talk about? I guess it's not surprising given how things went with WOZ but I really am a bit perplexed. It just seems like nobody is managing this project to a timeline. We've been told a whitewood video is coming for months now ... and it's still not ready?

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

And finally, Jack is committed by contract to deliver those machines corresponding the release of Hobbit 3. Why wouldn't he be able to deliver majority of the machines by the end of Dec, if they have already a flippin' whitewood?!?

Who told you this? There was speculation that he was contractually obligated but I have never heard Jack or anyone else from JJP state this. If the game isn't ready .. they aren't going to ship, period. I hate to point out recent history for you ... but the time between being shown the WOZ whitewood and the first games shipping was what, more than 2 years? I'm sure JJP will improve over the timeline that there was for WOZ ... but I still think it's pretty optimistic to think December is realistic at this point.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You will see things move along much quicker on hobbit. The foundation is built. The hard work is done. Most of the vendors are in place. Jack is a smart business man. He knows what's a stake.

I don't want to sound mean but we are roughly 16 months into development and only 8 months from when games are supposed to start shipping. We are not "seeing" things move quickly at all. We hear there is a white wood that is in some degree playable but I honestly thought JJP would be further along than that by now.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I love how people don't complain about Stern not actually giving us updates.

Stern doesn't start asking for payment 18 months in advance, Stern has a history of consistently producing new titles on a predictable timeline, and Stern can safely be assumed to be on solid financial footing.

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

What do they really stand to gain by showing the whitewood now?

They stand to gain new customers and keep the ones they have. You do realize they still haven't sold out of all 1500 LE's (we have no idea if they're even close at this point.) That alone breaks Jack's prediction that Hobbit would sell out much faster than WOZ. You also realize there were 2 more pre-orders for sale on Pinside in the last day? I dropped my pre-order as well due to lack of confidence and a lack of transparency on JJP's behalf. If you don't want to show something ... then why can't you even CLEARLY state your progress?? Customers don't deserve at least that much? Because if I had been told from the beginning back in Dec 2012 that I would not be shown hardly anything on progress (much less on any sort of a regular basis) I never would have put my money down.

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Its a slap in the face IMO.

As was "Oh, and BTW, we're going to start offering another special edition game now too, the 75th Anvviersary Edition ...". Thanks for waiting 3 years!

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Were are you getting your information from. I talked to the owner directly often. From pinball sales they had about 40 hobbit le left 2 weeks ago.

So then you're confirming they aren't sold out yet? Or do you think they sold 40 in just the last 2 weeks? What other information do you want confirmed? And just because one distributor still has games available (PinballSales, 40 games?) doesn't mean that many more don't have games available too, right?

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack has clearly stated progress about The Hobbit including playing the latest whitewood and releasing more animations. With WOZ he had to release a lot of information about the game to get buyers on-board but like many are now saying WOZ speaks for itself, especially with 3.0 just released, and now JJP can play its cards closer to their chest because of their success. I also think, and read, that Jack doesn't want to release too much information about the game as he's then giving ideas away to the competition. With The Hobbit JJP has already released far more information (including animations, cabinet art work, who's doing the audio, that TH uses up all of the IO board, etc) then we are used to with Stern so I think they are being as transparent and open as they can be without just giving ideas way to Stern.

So apparently there is no video that can be taken/shown without revealing some significant pinball advancement that would somehow give Stern an advantage if they even just saw it 8 months before it's released to the public anyway? Okay.

Honestly, I have really only ever been interested in detailed updates such as ...
1) We are now on our 3rd and what we believe will be the final white wood prototype.
2) We expect to have cabinet art finalized this week and approved in 3-4 weeks (approx).
3) We have 80% of the playfield artwork done but we're waiting on the 3rd movie's assets to be released to us which should be next month.
4) We have worked out the final details of what the LE unique features will be and they are:
5) We've finalized cabinet hardware powder coating color and some of that production has even begun.
6) etc. etc.

I especially think just getting basic information like the LE specific features is WAY overdue. How can this information be deemed an advantage to Stern? I agree there needs to be some balance between revealing too much and too little ... but right now, it is WAY too far on the "too little" side.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

If you dropped out of your Hobbit than walk away. Wait till the game is finished and comment on it than. Why do you still care if you dont have a deposit down on a game? I have all but paid for the game in full and I sleep like a baby.

I have not attacked anyone personally and I'm not looking to turn this into a "me" versus the "JJP can do no wrong" crowd. I guess I'm venting because Jack's logic and constant vagueness is so extremely frustrating. I DID have my money down on the game for 14 months (paid in full for that matter.) I did wait 2+ years on WOZ to get mine and I DID always defend and believe in JJP. Heck, I even DID want to get back in on Hobbit at some point .. but I continue to find Jack's evasiveness, vague answers and statements, and complete lack of transparency very frustrating (and frankly, illogical and bad business IMO.)

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

One thing Stern is good at is quickly getting machines mechanically developed and manufactured (not code complete obviously).
I don't think he owes anyone anything unless he is going to miss the December date for first machines.

Right. That's why Stern has had 2 titles released since WOZ without incorporating an LCD ... or direct-printed cabinets ... or thicker playfields, or widebodies, or even adding silly toppers. You think Stern's focus is spying on and copying JJP?? I don't think so. If JJP is so concerned that Stern is watching their every move trying to copy them I think they're being a little over arrogant there.

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Hmm... Why does this gentleman pay a premium to get so closed at Pole Position..... and give up?

I'm assuming TaTa is referring to me since he bought (traded for) my pre-order. I did pay in full on day one (and got the free shipping with it) but after a year I decided I didn't need one of the early games off the line (in fact, I'm not sure it's such a great idea.) I also wasn't happy with JJP's announcement of a 75th anniversary edition WOZ after I waited 2+ years to get the ECLE. Lastly, I did get a really nice collector quality AFM with color DMD. I'll likely get back in on Hobbit soon (really don't care where I am in the order) and I'm confident there are plenty left out there beyond the 40 pinballsales alone noted.

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That situation makes me wonder if anybody has got confirmed JJP really OBLIGATES pre-orders to rigidly follow the payment schedule or holds it more like a guideline?
Btw... I got some confirmed info -> Shipping will begin in November or December.
- That makes development is nicely on schedule

First, I believe JJP is very flexible and understanding when it comes to payments and they will work with you. I will say customer support is excellent at PinballSales! No need to worry there.

As far as "confirmed" shipping in November or December? Well, I'm not sure who in the world could promise that right now. We had a lot (I mean a LOT) of target dates for shipping missed on WOZ. Yes, I realize this is #2 and should go smoother ... but anyone confirming a shipping date at this point is overly optimistic IMO. Let's just call it December-ISH.

#529 10 years ago

I like the pic of Joe playing .. but that's about it as far as new info, right? (which needs forensics experts to find new info in it, lol). The teaser video isn't showing anything new, is it? Or is the one clip of 'Extra Ball' new? I can't remember. Regardless, while I get they don't want to reveal much of the game right now, I'm still very surprised they can't/won't tell us new information about the game. Like, will there be a 'regular' edition? When will it be announced? What are the features of the LE? Will there be a topper .... will there be a wooden apron ... different artwork ... what? I hope we learn more before December.

#532 10 years ago

Man, I just hope Smaug looks super cool (and detailed) and not cheezy. Fingers crossed. I'd probably sleep just fine from now until release if I could just see what this one toy figure will look like.

#538 10 years ago

Smaug.jpgSmaug.jpg
I can kind of see Smaug in that new playfield pic looking like this drawing (head pointing down toward the flippers). You can also kind of make out the outline of a pile of Gold that Smaug is sitting on. I'm a little surprised if that area is drawn roughly to scale then Smaug might be a little smaller than I thought he would be. Additionally it looks like room between those drop targets and Smaug almost like there is room for the ball to go all the way around Smaug and the Gold? Else, it's just not drawn to scale.

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

yeah, and Stern is not innovating at all; in fact they are putting less and less on the pf, and maintaining the practice of releasing games with basic/incomplete code, if ST is any indication. They are just taking advantage of the noob 'collectors' who pay ridiculous premiums for cheap accessorizing. And they are on a production schedule to crank out the next licensed game on time, not trying to move pinball forward. All well and good, but I'll still give an innovative new pinball platform/company/system some slack for their first effort. And it looks like the Hobbit is even revamping a lot of stuff learned from the WOZ design/production.

Hey, you'll get no argument from me when referencing STLE like this, lol. I saw it as a huge disappointment but some folks seem to love it.

#553 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

display setup and looks are much better than WOZ. I like where it's heading.

I agree but that's like saying a Ferrari looks much better than a Porsche. It may be true but the Porsche is still 100X better than all the other Ford Taurus's trying to compete with it.

2 months later
#1295 9 years ago

Anyone hear Jack state one way or the other whether there will be a big Hobbit update this coming holiday weekend? If we're shown the full playfield artwork hopefully that will provide some more clues on gameplay ...

#1297 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

What holiday is this weekend? Flag Day?
Marcus

Err, no, lol. It's Father's Day on Sunday.

2 months later
#1476 9 years ago

The Hobbit toys are what can/will make it or break it for me. Stern just revealed TWD ... and those toys look pretty darn cool!! Lots of detail in them. The overall art package/look from Stern is killer. I'm curious what impact it might have on Hobbit sales and if anyone is considering jumping ship on Hobbit and getting a TWD?

Will JJP release a big Hobbit update soon to counter TWD's reveal? I hope so!

#1479 9 years ago

Oh boy ... stirring the pot again ...

PinballToys.jpgPinballToys.jpg

#1481 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

After looking at TWD pin I feel better about The Hobbit! I bet TH toys will be on par if not better than TWD. I was a bit worried that TH would have a run for its money when Stern announced TWD. But I have to tell you I think TH is going to blow it away - and be cheaper than their LE. I feel much better about the hobbit than I did before today (and I felt pretty damn good about it already)

I will say that TWD not having an LCD was a disappointment and that might hurt their sales mildly. Their MSRP is $8595 but I'm hearing $7400-$7500 is what you can get it for. Still ... I would agree that Hobbit still might be more bang for your buck .. but I need to see a lot more before being certain.

1 week later
#1497 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

nice How heavy was WOZ again ?
looking forward to any updates with something new

I think it was close to 350 lbs. boxed?

Maybe 330-340 lbs. on its' own?

#1521 9 years ago

Okay ... based on others immediate reactions, I know I'm not alone. But ... I'll even take the most positive attitude I can looking at these and say they look "okay" at BEST. Given the price tag ... I would hope for much better than okay. If you weren't sure what to expect with Smaug before, I suggest lowering your expectations so you won't be disappointed.

I'm actually surprised these even passed the studio's approval process.

#1524 9 years ago

I know there is a really nice guy behind the creation of these figures. But I wish JJP would use him where his skillset is strongest. Doing things like powdercoating and creating non-character decorations (like walls and other inanimate objects.) Because detailed character creation is not his strongest skill IMO.

#1545 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I think Matt R is one of the most universally talented artists I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I think his work is phenomenal and stands above anything you can buy from mattel. (You know the guys that mass produce crap in china not meant to be hit by a steel ball). I won't be quiet as you insult a guy who's skillsets on a bad day dwarf those cumulative for their lifetimes.

Pinchroma, I don't suppose you'll stop your attacks on me simply because I stated I didn't think the toys in WOZ were well done at all? Apparently I'm not the only who doesn't think his art is always great.

And where are Panzerfreak, Spfxted, Beelzeboob, Gravitard, Txstargazer3, DaveH, etc. ? I'm curious what their opinions are on these?

#1564 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

But the dragon will be more prominent and way bigger. They have to nail the dragon like others here said!

I agree the dragon is the most important. However, you do know it's the same person making Smaug, right? Consider all of the character toys/sculptures this person has made. The wicked witch in WOZ. Toto for WOZ. These 4 popup heads. How does one go from doing work like these to creating some truely "kick ass" and "nailing it" on something as complex as Smaug? I just don't think sculpting characters in particular is his talent. Aside from just "not looking right", the characters have blank looks/expression, the colors do not pop at all, and the detail is lacking. No fun factor in these.

I was pleading with JJP on the Google forumn starting 2 years ago when Hobbit was announced to use someone else for creating the character toys in Hobbit. I suggested (strongly) to use the guys at Gentle Giant. Their custom figures are amazing.

#1566 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My first reaction was "really?". If Smaug is on the same level of detail as these I likely won't go forward with my order. I hope I'm wrong. .

You just slammed me (to put it mildly) on the other Hobbit thread for "insulting Matt", literally no more than a few days ago. Now you're criticizing his work and threatening to possibly not go forward with your order? Okay. At least you're being honest now I guess.

#1569 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd be shocked if these wind up on the game as is, given this backlash.

And just how fast do you think they could get a new artist to do 4 of these characters (much less capable of creating thousands of copies for all games AND at a price they can live with), and get the artwork approved by the studio? They've had almost 2 years up to this point to reveal these.

If only they had looked for feeback earlier ...

#1572 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jack did change the lumpy afro wig to a plastic after a collective "WTF"…so - you never know.

But he had a couple of years of time to do that ... and in the end, they scrapped it altogether. I don't think they can just scrap 4 pop-up characters at this point.

#1576 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The feedback I provided wasn't rude unlike yours. Actually I complemented the first two figures. You came off as condescending and repeatedly brought up your rather rude witch model comments over and over again.

Please show me any comment I made that was any more rude or condescending than the dozens of others posts ABOVE that provided feedback on his work.

#1588 9 years ago

I think the troll still looks nicer with more detail and an actual expression on his face. Heck, show me these 4 pop-ups in a closeup like the troll. And the excuses that "oh, these pop up so fast" and "if you mod them with glowing eyes .." seems a bit strange to me to dismiss the quality of the work simply because it won't be seen much or can be hidden or dressed up with lit eyes (or put in a phone booth a'la the witch in WOZ??)

I think people's biggest concern right now is that the same artist will be doing Smaug and if JJP is willing to let this quality of work go by, what will Smaug look like?

#1605 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

So a decal would have been better? I think these are less than small and had to have Warner Brothers input, direction and approval, which they have!

I don't think people would prefer decals. I think they would prefer a more experienced artist when creating characters in particular. Getting emotion in a character's face/expression is an art form all its own. Perhaps JJP will consider trying someone else for future games? I know there are likely a dozen other parts of a game Matt's talents could be utilized for. I know a lot of people were hoping to see more 3D landscape pieces to decorate the playfield (like mountains for example) and I know Matt is good at making stuff like that.

#1607 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I agree with DCFAN, LED eyes will be a big help - even if it is an aftermarket mod.

Like was done for the trees on WOZ? Didn't happen. I saw one person who did it (and it took them a long time.) The problem with these pieces is that they are solid pieces and drilling is a very tricky thing that most people will not dare attempt on their own (not a simple mod at all.)

#1611 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Lol...more experienced. Matt works hard and has plenty of talent... Start ur own company and then go pay the paycheck of that more experienced artist if u can afford him then hope he works a quarter of the hours Matt puts in to his craft... Seriously unreal

I'm sorry I did not know how to say it any nicer. I know Matt has worked with materials and modeling for a long time and he has many talents. However, I have never seen a good example of a character (whose face/expression you could see) that made me say WOW! Let's hope Smaug is it.

PS - Stern seems to have managed just fine with the reputable artist they just found to make the toys in TWD (and those zombie heads appear to be roughly the same size as these bash toys?)

#1619 9 years ago

Looking at the Warg more ... it looks like his snout would almost sit flush with the playfield? I wonder if that could possibly cause some airballs?

#1635 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Sorry to hear that a lot of u do not like the faces.

Is it possible to even just put a coat of clear lacquer or something on these toys? They don't have a shine/polish to them at all which leaves the colors looking really flat (and reduces detail). I don't think they'll reflect the light from the game very nicely (nor did the trees or State Fair balloon for that matter.) Just curious.

#1638 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As for your reaction, it is pretty much what I thought it would be. And call me a pessimist, but I'm guessing that no matter what Smaug looks like, you won't like that either. But that is just a wild guess.

And gee, based on your response to these 4 pop-ups I'm guessing you'll think Smaug was done by Michelangelo no matter what.

At this point I will absolutely not be buying a Hobbit (NIB anyway). The direct-print cabinet was the nicest "quality" feature of WOZ that I loved and that seems to be gone now (most of the toys were a major letdown). An LCD is nice ... but great looking and fun toys are better. Especially when you're paying 8K+ for a game.

#1644 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seeing you're not in on the game either, you can sit back and relax... can't you?

I'm very relaxed! Laughing and drinking wine.

#1647 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Didn't you already sell your Hobbit spot to someone else?
Great looking toys are nice but I'll take good looking toys that actually move over stationary ones any day. Especially when you're paying $8k+ for a game. Pop ups move with character models and interact with the ball. A toy like the crystal ball has things you can actually look at on the playfield to shoot for as well as mode information. Innovative features like mini outlane games increase the fun factor of games. Mini playfields with doors to bash down, loop shots, a spinning house with feet that kick out, a toy that brings the ball up to a mini playfield that has targets to shoot at are more fun in my book then a nice looking toy that does nothing in terms of gameplay. We have heard strong rumors about The Hobbit having a 5" LCD somewhere as well as an interactive map on the apron. Once again toys like that interact with the game and stationary models do not.
Don't get me wrong its nice to have highly detailed stationary toys but at the end of the day I'm buying a pinball machine because I want things that the ball or I visually can interact with.

Woah .. you're all over the place on this one. Yes, I traded my original Hobbit pre-order to TaTa. I later put a down payment back down .... only to yank it a month+ ago because of the complete lack of game details. Now I'm actually rather glad I got the refund.

Your crystal ball (when it's working) is telling you what to shoot at on the playfield? Huh?

Yes, a variety of shots, flow, and other features are very nice in a game too! But when your primary toys in the game are unrecognizable, ugly, and boring ... that's not fun. And why are you talking about "stationary" toys?? Who said anything about stationary? Stern has tons of great examples of detailed toys interacting on the playfield. One of my personal favorites is the pirate ship on POTC. Not sure where you're going with this one. In your opinion it's okay that pop-ups look ridiculous because ... well, they "pop up"? Okay, to each his own.

#1653 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Next time we do a game with 4 interactive up/down targets, we'll be sure to design them 2' x 2' to get the requisite detail that film requires. (I don't know how we'll fit them under the glass or even inside of a cabinet, however.) In the meantime, I'm sorry you and others are disappointed with the approximately 1.5"x1.5"x.75" targets that Matt had to get approval for that you'll be viewing approximately 2.5' away which results in an effective viewing size of, I believe, .6-.7". Which also are, btw, interactive targets that a steel pinball can whack the shit out of that you don't even see a lot of the time.

Wow, we're just getting the full JJP staff on here tonight to put out this fire, aren't we? (at least 5 including the CEO himself ??) The company that just loves honest feedback, huh? It is constructive feedback. Do something with it instead of telling customers the parts are tiny and meaningless anyway. People see the 2" zombie heads Stern is showing off (which, by the way, are in the far back right corner of the game) and wonder why similar quality art is not in the actual game toys that JJP is showing. Was the witch just as meangingless in WOZ and that's why that toy was approved? A very clear way to improve your product has become apparent ... how long JJP remains in denial is up to them.

#1658 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Oh noes! An anonymous internet forum poster who isn't going to buy our product and has been on a personal vendetta against us for weeks is mad!
Since the Stern targets that you brought up seem completely noninteractive (perhaps I am wrong here) and always visible, they obviously had different design constraints than we did. I hope you enjoy your purchase of TWD.

Honest to God ... if only there some mature employees at JJP who could handle criticism they might actually have had a future.

#1659 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Can that thing take repeated abuse from a steel ball and not chip any detail or break off the nose?

Because that quality of art cant be produced in a different material like the one Matt prefers? Is that your point?

#1740 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

It was said earlier in the thread that no prototype will be at the expo.

I believe that was Dannunz's comment (see below) and it seemed to clearly be sarcasm (hence the liar emoticon). I think you can pretty much guarantee Hobbit will be at Expo.

Quoted from dannunz:

No there won't be. <

I see everyone else on Pinside has stated their opinion on these pop-ups and we're left with the usual crew of JJP pumpers (and employees for that matter) repeating over and over that "these are no big deal", "I think they look okay", "they're so small who cares", and my personal favorite "you need to see them in context".

Next "update" please ...

#1750 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I'm just curious Craz, since you own WOZ, who are you going to turn to if you need service or technical help? You've pretty much burned your bridges with JJP.

You think there is nobody outside of JJP who knows how to service a game including myself? I live in MI. We're a dime a dozen here.

Burnt bridges? I'm not looking for a job from JJP (or anything else) and I do believe 85%+ of WOZ is quality. My comments regarding negative personal opinions about some aspects of their games (and business practices) were expressed for the most part in a perfectly polite manner. And nobody ever points out the numerous positive comments I've given certain other aspects of the game. They just immediately swarm negative feedback and try to attack the poster personally. In this thread they had no single person to attack (albeit I still took the brunt of their attacks) and instead brought in as many employees as possible to stop people posting negative feedback in general. It's just ridiculous how negative opinions get attacked and ridiculed on here (especially by actual employees of JJP .. that's not right.)

#1755 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As much as I think his comments are trite, condisending ...

It's spelled "con-de-scend-ing" Alex.

#1774 9 years ago

WS.jpgWS.jpg

#1775 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess my question is how do they show the full game and still satisfy the studios requirement to avoid spoilers from the 3rd movie.

I think the majority of the 3rd films content would be in the code / video clips on the LCD (so that can easily be left out). Possibly they could also have an early version of the playfield art that only contained content up until the 2nd film. So I doubt there are any toys directly from the 3rd film (and if one of the toys is the rumored 5" LCD then they can also leave out 3rd film content there too.) Of course, that's assuming that they're using 3rd film content in the game that won't be authorized to be shown by the date of reveal (such as content that is released for movie trailers/previews.)

// Error: Image 289451 not found //

#1782 9 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Does anyone know or have a feeling on how many The Hobbit Limited Editions are available?
I believe 1,500 was the total number being produced.

Plenty. Of course, that may change once they actually show a working game (along with Smaug.) I'd be surprised if they sell all 1500 quickly but I would think sales will certainly pick up a little after Expo.

#1849 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I'm 100% confident it will look great as a package if WoZ is any indication of what we can expect.

That's assuming you actually thought WOZ looked great "as a package".

I was hoping Hobbit would look much better (and it may) ...

#1851 9 years ago

It really is amazing that you can find time to do anything for JJP. I mean ... to be able to monitor Pinside 24/7 and immediately jump on anyone who has the slightest negative thing to say about JJP. Impressive.

#1853 9 years ago

There have been hundreds of positive posts (from Goronic, Panzer, etc.) repeating the same things over and over and I haven't jumped on their every post.

So no ... no, it can't be said of me.

#1854 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe they're just placeholders, I really hope so. Because they look awful. Frankly I'd trade pop bumper barrels for proper 3D molded axes, that's what's right in front of you.

You missed this one Pinchroma. Can you comment on whether these flat plastic axes are the final pieces that will be in the game?

#1859 9 years ago

I don't understand why you always feel the need to turn the forum into an elementary school playground. And then if I actually respond to your childish attacks I'm the troll.

If others can post their same opinions over and over then I guess I will too.

#1862 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Want to talk about TH's all metal ramps and rails? You love comparing WOZ and TH to a certain recently announced Stern game. That game has metal ramps and rails right? I mean for $7.5k+ it has to...

You have repeated this same point over and over and over again to me. I have never seen a person so in love with metal rails. Are you under the impression that metail rails are somehow a luxury item over molded plastic ones? I thought many folks preferred the look of the plastic since you can see through them? Is it really some sort of massive cost savings that Stern is getting there?

#1864 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's why you are one of the most THUMBS DOWNED people on this forum. That's because the masses are incorrect about how you act and everyone else is the asshole.
Check..
Got it..

I'm VERY confident that 90% of all thumbs downs against me are coming from the same 7 or so folks who literally thumbs down me on every thread I post. I'm interested in talking about games ... you're interested in bashing me personally and trying to discredit me.

#1872 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If they are easy to remove and not riveted on, its fixable...and I don't mean putting a flat piece of plastic back on.

Adding mods to a game is fun. But having to replace parts on an 8k game because they look (and are) too cheap is not.

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He actually provides genuine feedback because design is a core competency of his and he ALWAYS provides constructive criticism with points to be addressed. Not just "This sucks and that sucks". But makes realistic suggestions on how to fix them and as you can plainly see those criticisms were consumed and actioned where appropriate and feasible.

Uh huh. Right. So using this thread as an example ... First is Aurich's reaction to the pop-up toys. Then immediately after his post was my own (both, in full). Clearly, Aurich (no offense Aurich) has several suggestions on improving these and clearly my post was hate filled with a "this sucks" tone to it.

Quoted from Aurich:

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of those sculpts. They're just too lumpy for my tastes. They look like craft fair magnets someone sculpted for Eugene's Saturday Market. Cute, and maybe fun to buy for your friend's kid who likes the Hobbit, but not the level of professional work I expect for the price of this machine.
It's not really a make or break for me, they pop up, you hit them, they go away. So okay. And hell probably able to be modded if you really care, or fully replaced even. But they are disappointing. Like the playfield it's just a "what could have been" kind of deal, but I'll wait to see it all in context.
Here's the thing: and I don't mean to bag on Matt who seems like a hard working and really solid guy. The work on WOZ and now these sculpts, they don't really fill me with confidence about Smaug. And there's really no forgiving that one. If the quality is only up the the standards of what is shown here, and that's what Jack is okay with, I'm concerned. It's gotta be bad ass. Period point blank. You can't eff up the dragon.
So I'll wait until it's revealed, but that really is make or break. For what this game costs I won't settle for something that disappoints me every time I see it. So here's hoping Matt shows some spark that these toys haven't revealed yet.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I know there is a really nice guy behind the creation of these figures. But I wish JJP would use him where his skillset is strongest. Doing things like powdercoating and creating non-character decorations (like walls and other inanimate objects.) Because detailed character creation is not his strongest skill IMO.

#1877 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's all about the history. And yours is tainted. How you don't actually understand that baffles me.

Of course it is and of course it does. Just baffling. It has nothing to do with Jack's (and now all of JJP's) fixation and tirade on me personally as being the only person on Earth who has some negative opinions for you.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

No one is listening (consuming) what you are saying. It's just static and as everyone knows who has left an old TV on overnight that noise becomes deafening.

If nobody listens to me then why do you (and several others from JJP) feel the need to attack me and my every post? Odd.

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ever stop to think why people single you out? It MUST be everyone else. It just has to be.

I don't feel singled out by anyone more than you.

The things I wonder about are more along the lines of ... why do JJP employees like you feel the need to stalk Pinside 24/7 and attack users personally when they have an opinion that is anything other then positive?? Why were 5 (or more??) JJP employees on Pinside the evening of a new release of Hobbit info waiting to respond to a wave of criticisim?? Why is JJP afraid to let people freely express their opinions without jumping in to try and stop it if it's negative?? Doesn't JJP have their own Google forum for "open" discussion on their games where Jack can (and does) directly moderate how discussions go??

#1884 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Because they care and are interested in feedback?

Yup, that sounds just like the Kool Aid they want you drinking. If they cared about feedback they would allow people to express it freely.

I guess Stern and every other new manufacturer out there just don't care about feedback.

#1888 9 years ago

If it's a "premium option" over molded plastic ones ... then why are you showing the feature listing of a "Pro" model which is considered the lowest model Stern sells, no?

#1891 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I said that Metallica is the only modern Stern pro to offer metal ramps and rails. That's not the case with other pro's for some reason. Metallica also has several unique interactive toys / features yet that's not the case with every pin the company makes.
Also, I posted the picture because Stern is advertising metal ramps and rails as a feature. Have you ever seen them mention plastic ramps as a game feature?

I honestly have no idea. I've never noticed "metal rails" or plastic being touted. I've never thought of metal rails as being a premium option (albeit, powdercoating them as was done on WOZ seemed like a real step up), just whatever makes the most sense for a given game. Are they really that much more expensive?

And will the rails on Hobbit be powdercoated?

#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yup. Absolutely will be. Ask me how I know. I dare ya

What color?

#1920 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let me get this straight. JJP announces the hobbit in January 2013 and we've yet to see a whole playfield...only a vid of a working white wood....and have seen threads of WOZ customers waiting years for a game... and last October 2014 DP announces the TBL and today they reveal what appears to be a fully functional prototype that looks 100% finished???
Am I missing something?
What is difference here? I just don't get it.

I think part of the difference includes some very poor business decisions on JJP's behalf to build all their own custom hardware/platform? (among other poor decisions.) That had to consume a lot of time and resources.

#1921 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

All the woz le have been delivered. There's a fully function company shipping games that have totaled over 1500 and climbing.. Tbl hasn't shipped... Yes your missing something

I'm pretty sure it took JJP two and a half years (or so) to ship the very first game? So it would certainly seem DP is well ahead of that to say the least.

#1923 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Really? Linoleum lives a few towns from me and built a pinball 2k game in his basement faster then tbl. Designing a game is a great accomplishment, building a company and making thousands of those games and selling them is a little diff.

lol ... someone sure is a little defensive, huh? The unbelievable response to TBL (and DP) got ya down?

#1927 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

All I see on TBL is a looping video and some swirling (non rgb) LED's. It looks like a damn cool game but it's not ANYWHERE near finished.

Right .. because everyone knows the most difficult and time consuming part of building a pinball machine is the code.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wrong. Platform had nothing to do with it. In fact that was one of the quickest pieces because it's all COTS hardware. The I/O board is the only piece custom designed and that was done very quickly as well.

I thought we had heard about several revisions of the I/O board (or some custom board) over the course of the first year of WOZ development? If this was done so quickly then perhaps you can better explain what the most time consuming difference was with WOZ development to explain the nearly 1.5 years more it took JJP to show a lit prototype? Something we still haven't seen from JJP's 2nd game Hobbit after nearly 2 years now, right?

And thank goodness the studio for TBL did not demand ugly revisions to toys/artwork.

I'm on a roll again tonight ..

#1930 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

1.5 Years MORE to show a lit prototype? So you are saying it took 2.5 years to show a working prototype? You really are clueless.

Umm, so how long did it take to see a fully-lit complete prototype of WOZ (minus code)??

Quoted from Pinchroma:

You are comparing 2 different companies with 2 different products and some how trying to make them match so you can prove some type of nondescript point?

2 different products?? Really?? You don't see any slight similarities there, huh?? And you don't understand the question I'm asking? I'm asking .. what challenges did JJP face that caused them to take SO much more time to show a lit, powered-on prototype? It has been less than a year since DP announced TBL. I would just like to understand why it appears to have taken JJP so much longer.

#1932 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

about a year? 13 months i believe from announcement. So around about the same amount of time.
Again you are comparing APPLES to ORANGES. Get your facts straight. We had a custom platform, "lit" as you call it with individually addressable RGB LED's that flipped in 13 months.
It was announced in 2011, here it is in 2012 at expo more than just "lit"
Again please get your facts straight before opening your mouth. It seems like every time you open it, it's to switch feet.
» YouTube video

Hmm, I thought JJP announced WOZ in January of 2011? But Expo in 2012 was when they revealed a fully-built, powered-on WOZ? So it was 22 months (not quite 2 years) from announcement to reveal, no? So sure, 22 months compared to a little over 11 months is "about the same". And has it not been 22 months again since the announcement of Hobbit and we still have not seen a complete prototype? Those sound like the facts to me. I'm not sure what you're trying to spin.

Comparing one pinball manufacturing startup building their first game to ANOTHER pinball manufacturing startup who just built their first game is "comparing apples to oranges"?!??

#1934 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

incorrect. The one in expo was running .78 code. The "lit" one which was flipping btw came out in Feb of 2012 running .11. So again you are wrong. 13 months. And it was FLIPPING not just a light show.
So please save the oxygen for the rest of us and just keep your trap shut

Are you referring to the white wood flipping?? That was Oct. 2011. With no artwork or final toys (not even the witch or cyrstal ball??) Yeeaaah .... no, that doesn't count IMO. A half-baked game is not a prototype. We did not see a complete game with final toys and artwork until much later (much later than Feb 2012, you're wrong.) And you do realize expo is in October, right??

You can keep spinning this and trying to make me out to be the one who is delusional, but I think you're actually making yourself look bad at this point.

#1939 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow you are CRAZY. I wasn't referring to the flipping whitewood. In any event I (and many others) can't tolerate your idiocy any further. Change your meds. Until then on ignore.

lol. I know you can't see this Pinchy, but if anyone wants to know who the "idiot" is then go research when the public first saw a fully assembled WOZ prototype. It was not February of 2012.

#1940 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Jacks running his Buisness how he wants....

Yes. He sure is!

Quoted from lllvjr:

By the way the hobbit le is about sold out. Guess he's doing a good job.

L-O-L!!!! I needed that. I'm pretty sure that's been said from day one. Too funny.

#1950 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I think the OP should change title frim Hobbit Update to -
Crazy4pin has hard on for JJP ....
Seriously just quit, no one is forcing you to like it or buy it...

The forum for folks who have purchased Hobbit and can only say praise for it (despite hardly seeing anything) is on the Google forum. This is supposed to be open discussion with no bias. Oddly enough, I'm the only one who doesn't need to resort to personal attacks or bullying.

#1952 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yup no personal attacks or bullying

Umm, he called me the idiot. Should I have put that in quotes for you?? Done.

#1966 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And? Who cares. Pick a better theme then. I'm tired of the excuses. No one put a gun to Jack's head and said "make a Hobbit pin". I love The Hobbit, but let's face it, the movies pale next to LOTR. The world would have gone on without a pin based on it, plastered with PR stills from the film and actor's faces.
As a theme for a pin it's a great idea! As a movie product it's okay. If they licensed the book instead, and did original art for it? Like Rankin Bass style? Or watercolor. Or whatever, but not photoshopped heads. Yeah, it won't have a big movie billboard on it. Tell me people wouldn't buy and play that still.
Whatever, I'm sure that wasn't an option, it's just an example, and it's too late now, I look forward to the completed project still. But companies, are you listening? F this studio promo PR photoshop shit. If your theme will require it, then stop, and pick another one. If you must do licenses, be imaginative, pick ones that will give you freedom to make something incredible. We'll buy it. Find partners who think the right way. Stern did it with Metallica, and it turned into IMHO one of the best games they've ever made.

Whoa, GO Aurich!

#1971 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Just to be clear: my main job on TBL is art-direction. I did the cabinet art, backglass and co-worked with Freek (illustrator) on the playfield.
My main focus on animation goes out to The Hobbit.
Jean-Paul
P.s. I picked my pinside name way before I knew I was getting involved in TBL

Very cool JP! Thumbs up especially on your TBL work!

#1989 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This thread is truly and embarrassment to this community. And I'm talking more about Craz4pin than the camel toe picture I missed.

Seriously?? Again with the personal attacks and gangpiling on me? All the personal attacks on me and childish name calling (and camel toe pictures??) ... that's not embarrassing. But me expressing some negative opinions in a respectful way, that's embarrassing "to the community"? The majority of my posts last night were simply correcting Pinchroma who stated that a full WOZ prototype had been produced and shown in just 13 months from first announcement (comparing it to DP's time taken to produce a TBL prototype.) That's just not true.

#2030 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I strongly advise you to not drop your hobbit pre order till after expo!

All this secrecy and hints of something miraculous about to be revealed. I hope Hobbit can live up to all of this hype. We've seen the playfield design and art. We've seen the cabinet design/art. We've seen the pop-up toys. We've heard that Smaug will interact with the ball in 2 different ways. We've even heard about a 5" lcd rumored to be on the playfield. Now, granted we have not been shown all of these things put together in a single game for some reason ... but what other things could be revealed that will really blow people's minds? I'm sure the game will look and sound nice all put together ... but with all the secrecy it sure seems like there must be some really big surprise coming.

Maybe some incredibly detailed Smaug toy? Possibly (but I suspect some will say they love Smaug and some will say it's just okay.) So is there some other incredible toy on the pf that we just haven't heard a thing about? Possibly. Is it some incredible new light show on the pf? Given the far fewer inserts I wouldn't think so but maybe. Could there be some awesome topper on the game and be interactive? I doubt it personally but maybe.

So what do folks think is going to be the real WOW surprise for them when the game is revealed? The ruleset? A detailed Smaug? A 5" lcd toy on the pf? A toy we know nothing about (like a hidden sub playfield with a camera showing it only on the LCD?) Maybe the game screen on the main LCD itself?

#2034 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I do give credit to the Dutch Pinball folks for putting so much out well in advance of product release.

And Skit-B ... and Multimorphic .. and Quetzal Pinball ... and Heighway Pinball .. and Planetary Pinball ... and Spooky Pinball.

#2039 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

And why do they? because they are relatively unproven entities. The have to give a little more info to assure the masses they are in it for real. Stern has nothing to prove. They are established. I would expect JJP to provide less info going forward now they have proven they are a legitimate pinball machine producer. I certainly would have cut off the info after WoZ if I were running the show. Every time JJP provides anything the trolls crap all over it.

^ This is you guys derailing the conversation (again) to make this another attack on me.

I didn't criticize the secrecy. That was txstargazers labeling of it. I asked an honest question. The hype machine seems in full effect so there must be amazing surprises in store, no? I only asked what folks thought it could be.

#2045 9 years ago

Okay, going from Dannunz's post that there are lots of things (plural) to be shown/disclosed I considered the areas where there are possibilities for surprises along the lines of "never done before" that he described ...
1) A sub playfield which is only viewable on the LCD via a camera (was requested by many early on in the Google forum). Would be a surprise for sure.
2) A new GI lighting system? Or unique lighting effects not incorporated in a pin before?
3) A video mode? Doubtful but it would be a first on an LCD I guess.
4) An interactive lit apron (this one wouldn't be much of a surprise since people have been speculating about it for so long ... but it would certainly be nice to confirm this one and I think it would be a first in pinball?)
5) Some sort of new intricate topper? Doubtful since Jack doesn't seem to be a fan of them.
6) Something in the game rules or the way you approach the game that is very unique?

Where else could there be a surprise hiding?

I'm already expecting a 5" lcd (or so) being integrated on the pf somehow (and that doesn't seem like a "first" since we had the crystal ball in WOZ).

I'm already expecting Smaug to interact with the ball in 2 different ways (thinking the tail acting as some sort of diverter.) So the only surprise here will be how incredible Smaug looks.

#2053 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You guys are not thinking innovation. New stuff to push the envelope. That's what I'm talking about!

That incredible, huh? I would have thought a playable sub-playfield only viewable on the lcd was innovative (or using a camera period.) I was trying to think of locations on the pf (and entire game) where something could still physically fit that was never apparent from just looking at the pf itself, hence my thoughts above.

There could be features like player controlled diverters. There could be a plethora of magnets (used in new ways?) that is not obvious just looking at the playfield itself (perhaps Smaug himself has several?) that we were shown. There could be a non-magnetic (porcelain) type ball used in the game in a new way? But yeah ... I'm intrigued now.

Oh, and I also suggested several times (on the Google forum) very early on to use fiberoptic lighting (that would be a first I believe) such as lighting a shimmering pile of Gold under Smaug.

#2055 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

An LCD in the apron?

For what purpose (that would make more sense than showing the video on the main lcd?)

#2059 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

See my follow-up post, yes JJP does have to throw us a bone or two for TH. They really need to shorten production to < 12 months and eliminate the pre-payment model. Looks like #3 may bring them into that mode.

Just brainstorming ... but for that to happen I would think JJP would need to announce their third title within 6 months of delivering Hobbit #1 (announce #3 around 07/01/15), and shipping games to customers within 6 months from that (end of year, approx. 12/2015). In order for that to happen JJP will need to have 2 complete manufacturing lines running (and obviously employed) by then. Otherwise, JJP would need to create all 1500 THLE's in just 12 months and immediately switch over the line to build title #3. And all of this is assuming JJP can become profitable by only building 1500 LE Hobbits (no other edition) and move on to title #3. So just logically speaking ... either JJP needs to significantly increase their production rate on 1 line, or they need to create a 2nd manufacturing line. I wouldn't think you could confidently expand to 2 lines unless the assembly of TH on the first line was sufficiently backlogged to be building games for another 6 months minimum after the 2nd line (building game #3) begins.
I'm very curious what numbers they are predicting in order to generate their business plan for the next 18 months. I have my own guesstimations but I'm curious how many think they'll be building 2 games simultaneously in 2015?

#2072 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

May I remind everyone that Jack already has changed his pre-order/info release system on JJP#3 !
INFO RELEASE: The only thing which has been announced so far is the fact Pat is working for/with JJP now. No theme has been released and or other information. Jack has mentioned before that "Pat's game was not far behind of the Hobbit". That would indicate there is (lots of) info to release, but Jack just keeps info under the hood...
The same goes for the pre-payment plan. It seems he has changed the way of pre-ordering too. Due to the fact Pat is going strong (a whitewood has been mentioned) means Jack COULD have opened pre-orders already, but he just didn't. And for good reason; If Pat's game is as good as some of us hope it is, it could "eat" some of the Hobbit sales. So, no JJP#3 info is to be expected a reasonable amount of time after the release of the Hobbit.

You're stating the obvious only after the fact and only as it stands today at this moment (as noted by your comment "it seems ...".) Communication from JJP is not their strong point. I never saw any official announcement from JJP that said we will not announce title #3 until we can start delivering the games (like Stern.) How do you know Pat won't reveal something at Expo? And yes, it's tough to start taking pre-orders when you don't want to reveal the theme of the game yet (but again, how do you know that won't happen several months prior to them shipping games?) You're only speculating. Heck, when I originally ordered Hobbit on day 1 of the announcement I made the poor assumption that info would be released in the same manner as WOZ. There was no official announcement "we will be revealing far less information". If there was, I wouldn't have pre-ordered. It was only after many months had gone by and very little information was given that it became apparent JJP was not going to throw us a bone.

Quoted from juanton:

I've stated in several other threads that there was no prepayment plan for us for our RRWOZ. There was the initial deposit, and then the final payment a month before delivery.

An "initial deposit" and then waiting X number of months (years?) for your game is not a prepayment?

#2074 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No it's a deposit. Pre-payment is a prepayment on a schedule up to payment in full prior to delivery.

In that case you can also claim that WOZ and TH never had a pre-payment plan either. Nobody has ever lost their deposit (or even incurred a penalty) by not making a payment by the recommended dates and people were frequently told to just make payments when they were comfortable or to just make the final payment when the game was ready (which many/most did.) It has really only ever been the initial deposit to reserve your game that was important.

#2077 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Seems you seek ways to be contrary, your observations and opinions are not thought provoking, just provocative. Do you enjoy creating and perpetuating ill will? No offense intended, really, just don't know why you continually stir the pot.

What the heck are you talking about? How was I being provocative? I was stating the facts. Nothing has changed about JJP's pre-payment/deposit model. Period. I don't care what you want to call it and I'm certainly not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with how they do ordering. Lots of folks seem to really like it. But Hensbrooker stated that the model had already changed and I'm stating it hasn't. I'm very confident you can put down the initial deposit on a TH TODAY (go for it) and not pay another dime until your game is ready to ship. Many folks did the same on WOZ. I even recall when JJP was getting close to shipping the first game that Jack mentioned on the Google forum that there were many folks who needed to get caught up on payments if they wanted to receive their games in order and that many had never made a payment beyond the initial deposit.

Yep, things may very well change with JJP #3, I have no idea and don't really care. But nothing has changed at this point.

#2081 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh but you do...you do care, otherwise you wouldn't constantly be posting here.

? I care about pinball, yes. I care about the future of pinball, yes. I enjoy keeping up with the latest in pinball and discussing the good and the bad. But I don't care what JJP decides as far as payment plan on game #3. I was only correcting Hensbrooker.

I do not post to JJP threads exclusively by any means and you guys gloss over the many positive things I've stated about JJP/games only to attack and try to discredit any negative opinion I have.

I also try very hard to not attack others personally and I refrain from giving anyone an automatic thumbs down on their every post just because I don't like them or their opinion(s).

#2085 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Calling dibs now was my idea!

Not that it's not an interesting idea but I'm pretty confident this idea (and dozens of variations using a camera) were discussed in detail on the Google forum back around January 2013. Yes, a ton can be done with a camera (although I think this particular idea may raise privacy concerns.)

1 week later
#2125 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Kind of weird we have to wait till the expo for any confirmations....

It has been almost 2 YEARS with no information about a 'regular' edition or what features the LE version will have differently and you're just now stating that it's weird you have to wait another week to hear the details at Expo?? You've waited this long, what's another week?

And this is absolutely nothing new from JJP. It was frequently the same case during WOZ development that distributors would get new details and leak them before we ever got an official announcement from JJP. Sorry, but it's true.

#2141 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tbl should be code ready and build ready for shipping soon... I bet pats game info will be out before it ships. Then we all have decisions to make

I only disagree with this because I don't think JJP will want to reveal Pat's game before May/June at the earliest! So, for right now the only decision to be made (if you can only afford one new game right now, like most) is whether to buy TWD, TBL, or Hobbit. Pat's game will only negatively impact Hobbit sales so it only makes sense to not reveal it for another 6 months+.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.