Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 201.
#4851 4 years ago

16 new posts and NONE of them actually regarding updates on The Hobbit.

Now 17. Sorry.

#4852 4 years ago

I hope the code does something cool with the captive ball in the center shot. TZ had the cool clock millions shot in the center. It's always amazing what a good sound effect can do for a target.

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

16 new posts and NONE of them actually regarding updates on The Hobbit.
Now 17. Sorry.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll have more reviews, pics, and videos.

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll have more reviews, pics, and videos.

I hope so as well

#4855 4 years ago

Captain Kirk-

I understand your position on WOZ, TH, and ST after the first 100 posts. I come to this thread to get updates and its groundhog day.

Its like you cut and paste the same thing over and over.

I don't want to own a few games that are being released but I don't stalk their threads.

What' up?

#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Captain Kirk-
I understand your position on WOZ, TH, and ST after the first 100 posts. I come to this thread to get updates and its groundhog day.
I don't want to own a few games that are being released but I don't stalk their threads.
What' up?

187.gif
#4857 4 years ago

I hope that the jackpot callouts on TH are loud and awesome. That's the one thing I would change on WOZ: make the callouts audible and exciting!

#4858 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I hope that the jackpot callouts on TH are loud and awesome. That's the one thing I would change on WOZ: make the callouts audible and exciting!

Totally agree, was always one of my major complaints with WOZ is I never got pumped up while I was playing it, especially not during multiballs. Some of my favorites still are loud booming and exciting starts to events/multiballs. Like LOTR every time, love the start of most of those. Plenty of in your face clips and music that can be used for Hobbit I hope they nail it.

#4859 4 years ago

Has anybody toured the JJP facilities lately - what's on the assembly line now? More WOZ's or are they tooling up for TH? Can't we get a Pinside "mole" in there somehow?

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Has anybody toured the JJP facilities lately - what's on the assembly line now? More WOZ's or are they tooling up for TH? Can't we get a Pinside "mole" in there somehow?

The Pinside Mole:

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Captain Kirk-
What' up?

You know what? I've realized I don't care. I guess I'm too happy playing the great Star Trek Premium. You have yourself a great day!

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You know what? I've realized I don't care. I guess I'm too happy playing the great Star Trek Premium. You have yourself a great day!

That is all well and good, but why are you so pissed off about the hobbit?

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Because I wanted it to be great.

#4864 4 years ago

How many games have you played? Oh, that's right - exactly zero. Post again when you know what you're talking about instead of basing your opinion off off the paucity of videos floating around.

Quoted from Goronic:

why are you so pissed off about the hobbit?

...because he's not getting one.

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It doesn't have Captain Kirk on it.

#4866 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Because it could have been a home run and it's looking like a double, and I think its mostly due to the speech only Smaug "toy". A fully interactive Smaug toy, would have been an easy triple, and a base stealing home run if the code is good (which I am pretty sure everyone agrees the code wont be a problem, naysayers and cheerleaders alike).

Hopefully JJP can steal 3rd and home plate with the code but with the Smaug toy doing nothing, it's going to have to be some amazing code. Or maybe there are still some things to be revealed (this one I am doubting but haven't totally ruled it out) I am still hopeful. And no I haven't played it, but I have played games with more toys and games with less toys and I find more toys a bit compelling, also I do not consider each individual drop target a separate toy. Put that all together and it just some guarded optimism.

I still think it can overcome these shortcomings if the code can do some amazing tricks. I'm looking forward to trying it at Allentown hopefully the line isn't too long, but also hoping the code is complete enough at that time so that I don't get discouraged.

I am a little annoyed myself, but I think my annoyance is more directed at the limited vision of Peter Jackson and the license holders than JJP.

#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Who cares? The guy manned up and moved on, let it go already.

Hopefully we get some actual news in this thread today with TPF, no need to add to the noise before that.

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Because it could have been a home run and it's looking like a double, and I think its mostly due to the speech only Smaug "toy". A fully interactive Smaug toy, would have been an easy triple, and a base steal with code.
Hopefully JJP can steal some bases with the code. I am still hopeful. And no I haven't played it, but I have played games with more toys and games with less toys and I find more toys a bit compelling, also I do not consider each individual drop target a separate toy. Put that all together and it just some guarded optimism.
I still think it can overcome these shortcomings if the code can do some amazing tricks. I'm looking forward to trying it at Allentown hopefully the line isn't too long, but also hoping the code is complete enough at that time so that I don't get discouraged.
I am a little annoyed myself, but I think my annoyance is more directed at the limited vision of Peter Jackson and the license holders than JJP.

Wow! +1,000,000
Thank you for so eloquently putting my feelings in words!

#4870 4 years ago

worst thread ever...thanks to all the BS from a few posters.

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

worst thread ever...thanks to all the BS from a few posters.

Agree 100%. Go crap on the new MMR thread. Oh let me guess, that machine is perfect like stern.

#4872 4 years ago

We already know what MM is, it's been out for 18 years and has been rated by everyone and their grandmother. Hobbit, not so much.

Lest you all soon forget, it's all the "BS" that got us at least to this point with a new playfield, covers removed from the vuk wireforms, god knows what else.

I never expect perfection, but I always strive for it. I am buying this game, I want it as good as it can be. I don't know about anyone else.

#4873 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Agree 100%. Go crap on the new MMR thread. Oh let me guess, that machine is perfect like stern.

Really! Nice of you to ask him to back off and then crap on two game makers at the same time.
Assuming you understand MMr is put together at Stern and not a Stern game. Of course I am assuming and we know where that ends up..

#4874 4 years ago

Don't you think you should at least let it be finished before you pronounce it not great

This is the same thing that happened with WOZ, people judging it in the early prototype stages before it was released, makes no sense. I really thought lessons would have been learned from that, but jumping to premature conclusions seems to be the norm here rather than the exception.

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Really! Nice of you to ask him to back off and then crap on two game makers at the same time.
Assuming you understand MMr is put together at Stern and not a Stern game. Of course I am assuming and we know where that ends up..

Just saying stay off the hobbit bashing. It's not out yet. He seems not to bash stern. Nothing wrong with MMR just saying go to another thread and bash something else since he good at it.

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Here is a video of a game I played on The Hobbit at the Ohio Pinball Show. The right slingshot wasn't functioning.

I don't know how you could watch that and NOT get hyped about this game. the popups, the drops, the ramps, it looks so fun!

#4877 4 years ago

Seriously, some of you guys just SUCK. To whine and complain about a new pinball machine? Really? I mean, I get it if people have issues with Predator since it was a basement project and nothing special. I understand if Whoa Nellie isn't your cup of tea...but Hobbit is a pretty sweet looking game. To bitch about it BEFORE even playing it is just lame. The game's gonna have AMAZING CODE, you know why? The code's going to be based on some AMAZING scenes from a Trilogy. LOTR has such good code because of what they were coding against! An epic story. Now don't get me wrong, LOTR is far better a movie than Hobbit, but still, the modes are gonna be sick.

Also to come into a Hobbit thread and just talk shit, really? Again, there are games where I can see this happening, but this is not the game to do that. So sorry Smaug isn't the dragon you dreamed it to be, but take a good fucking look when Jack lifts the Hobbit playfield. That thing has NO MORE ROOM for anything. It's packed with goodies. Just because you can't bash SMAUG in his dragon nuts does not mean this game is a miss, or a double. And for fucks sakes people, PLAY THE FINAL PIN before sharing your views on how much this pin is a miss. This game is gonna be the shit.

#4878 4 years ago

LIVE FROM TPF DSC_7726.jpgDSC_7727.jpgDSC_7728.jpgDSC_7729.jpgDSC_7731.jpgDSC_7732.jpgDSC_7733.jpgDSC_7734.jpgDSC_7735.jpgDSC_7736.jpg

#4879 4 years ago

How'd she play? The pin, not the blonde.

#4880 4 years ago

Dunno. Cant see the game, too big of a crowd.

#4881 4 years ago

The Hobbit is looking real cool. I like the lights. Excited to play it someday.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How'd she play? The pin, not the blonde.

Sadly, slow. Much slower than I expected. Maybe the flipper power was a bit low.

Good first impression overall though. The game will do well on location.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sadly, slow. Much slower than I expected. Maybe the flipper power was a bit low.

So a little floaty...heard that before. Sounds like the flipper power needs to be turned up like u said. Any others play it?

#4884 4 years ago

Dame Jared you just stood there. And took ten pictures of the girl . She slap you?

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously, some of you guys just SUCK. To whine and complain about a new pinball machine? Really? I mean, I get it if people have issues with Predator since it was a basement project and nothing special. I understand if Whoa Nellie isn't your cup of tea...but Hobbit is a pretty sweet looking game. To bitch about it BEFORE even playing it is just lame. The game's gonna have AMAZING CODE, you know why? The code's going to be based on some AMAZING scenes from a Trilogy. LOTR has such good code because of what they were coding against! An epic story. Now don't get me wrong, LOTR is far better a movie than Hobbit, but still, the modes are gonna be sick.
Also to come into a Hobbit thread and just talk shit, really? Again, there are games where I can see this happening, but this is not the game to do that. So sorry Smaug isn't the dragon you dreamed it to be, but take a good fucking look when Jack lifts the Hobbit playfield. That thing has NO MORE ROOM for anything. It's packed with goodies. Just because you can't bash SMAUG in his dragon nuts does not mean this game is a miss, or a double. And for fucks sakes people, PLAY THE FINAL PIN before sharing your views on how much this pin is a miss. This game is gonna be the shit.

Bizzaro World....

23871.png

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Dame Jared you just stood there. And took ten pictures of the girl . She slap you?

I was photographing people playing the game.

Didn't particularly notice or care who was playing.

#4887 4 years ago

Will there be any live coverage from the JJP seminar at TPF tonight?

#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Lol scroll through the pics above. More game less chick ; )

#4889 4 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

Will there be any live coverage from the JJP seminar at TPF tonight?

No.

#4890 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Bizzaro World....
23871.png (Click image to enlarge)

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Seems Pot is screaming black @ kettle.

Kanedas doing alright so far. As long as he keeps this less about him and more about everything else.

#4891 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Lol scroll through the pics above. More game less chick ; )

Thumbs down on this one, my friend.

#4892 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

More game less chick ; )

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Had to thumb you down on this one, my friend.

What the hell was I thinking! Well deserved.

#4893 4 years ago

I think he got a better picture of WOZ then TH.

#4894 4 years ago

Why would u take a pic of a pinball from the back box to the flippers and not from a players point of view??

#4895 4 years ago

Any updates or announcements out of JJP's talk tonight?

#4896 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Don't lie. You knocked that skirt up later behind the scenes didn't you? You sly ass devil

#4897 4 years ago
#4898 4 years ago

And we wonder why there aren't more women in the hobby....

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is it an advantage for the game to be not too quick on location ? Or is that irrelevant to the cash takings ? I suppose most players are casual one-offs rather than repeat players so if the game is slightly easier/slower is that better or does it take away the fun for all players ?

#4900 4 years ago

Since JJP sometimes comes on Pinside, and I am getting nothing back from shows. Here is a list of a few questions I would like to pose to JJP

Game
------
Is the prototype shown the final version? I think the answer is ‘it is DONE’ via Jack himself – but I haven’t seen the wind lance in action AT ALL, lock bar button / diverter functionality AT ALL? Is it DONE and we haven’t seen the completed pin yet?

When is the game going to ship? NOTE: I am not trying to troll or give JJP grief or push for it to be done ASAP - this is just for planning purposes for pre order customers (like me) (Spring, Summer?)

Will The Hobbit include a topper – like the WOZ SE and 75th versions?

Does the Prototype model deployed at the Shows the final version of the RadCals? If not what is the difference between them and the final version? Are they easy to replace? Any videos or manuals on how this is done?

Will the game provide wireless/internet functionality for patching, updates, servicing, worldwide high score, etc.

Gameplay and Code
----------------------
Will the first release of the game include all modes and assets from all three movies? If not, will more modes be added in future software releases?

Wind lance? I haven’t seen any play from that yet?

Lock bar button? DITTO

Sound
------
Will there be any ‘special pinball’ call outs from actors in the movie? If so, who?

Will the game have sound a likes for the call outs? If so, who?

Will the game have music made specifically for the pinball?

Playfield
---------
Are the playfield toys on the prototype the final version (and no more to add)?

If yes, then do you expect that Matt (Back Alley Creations) to provide more/replacement toys similar to what was done with the WOZ 75th?

Do you plan on providing Mods (like Stern) for side panel, additional toys, etc?

Now that Smaug doesn’t spin all the way around from behind a mountain – can the bib (gold pile under his chin) be decouple from Smaugs head to make it look more realistic? Why would the whole pile move under him as he moves?

???? Seems like a lot of questions for a done pinball machine to me Am I missing something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside