Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 201.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Speaking of the drop targets. To anyone who has seen the prototype recently, Have they quieted them down at all? I know the one early video with glass ON where they were cycling around the playfield, they were very loud and seemed distracting. I'm not sure what "mode" that was, but I haven't seen it in any of the new videos.

I think the sound of the drops won't even be an issue during gameplay. Didn't seem that loud after watching the new videos. Anyway with all the effects & music pumping from the superior sound system, whatever sound comes from the drops should be minimized.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

But is it the extended edition?

I read the extended edition of The Five Armies, as well as the definitive Extended Edition Bluray Box Set "The Hobbit: There & Back Again", will be released this November. Just in time for Christmas.

#4802 5 years ago

Its gonna be hard to keep my money in on this project after the Skit-B fiasco.

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No comparison. Jack has a factory, completed and delivered WOZ, and has been in the biz his whole life.

#4804 5 years ago

and he has the license...

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It took over a year to ship 1000 games not good as for the light boards should have never happened and last TH is a cost cut version of WOZ.I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

After a 100+ posts in this thread saying the same thing you can prolly just go ahead and stop beating the dead horse bud.

NZmHd.gif
#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

and he has the license...

Nice point!

#4807 5 years ago

That gif tho XD

#4808 5 years ago

I must be in the minority, I am excited by the game, and very much looking forward to playing it this weekend. I have a couple of questions for Jack about the game and will ask him in person this weekend but there is one thing I'm sure of, at some point the hobbit will be in my house. Not sure when that will be exactly but I am looking forward to that day.

Jack doesn't talk in public about how they make the sausage or how the cow becomes hamburger and that is ok. We didn't know for a while with WOZ that the biggest problem was cabinets and his supplier of the direct printed cabinets. There may be something similar going on here now with hobbit, might not be, dont know, honestly I don't care. As I said before I am looking forward to the day that I can have the game in my lineup.

There are a lot of awesome things to look forward to with this game and we all know them, I am most excited about something that a lot of people here seem to gloss over and that is the drop targets I think there will be some very unique things done with them since they are already very unique. I hope to get a better idea of how that will work this weekend at the TPF.

#4809 5 years ago

I think it's probably the deep code, they don't want to ship it incomplete.

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

I must be in the minority, I am excited by the game, and very much looking forward to playing it this weekend.

Me too! But with only one game at the TPF, the lines should be long.

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Speaking of the drop targets. To anyone who has seen the prototype recently, Have they quieted them down at all? I know the one early video with glass ON where they were cycling around the playfield, they were very loud and seemed distracting. I'm not sure what "mode" that was, but I haven't seen it in any of the new videos.

It seems unlikely the noise from the drop targets being an issue as it's hard to imagine them being louder than the flippers and the pop bumpers.

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

After a 100+ posts in this thread saying the same thing you can prolly just go ahead and stop beating the dead horse bud.

NZmHd.gif

Horse? Don't you mean Swamp Donkey?

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

No comparison. Jack has a factory, completed and delivered WOZ, and has been in the biz his whole life.

Agree completely. Even BEFORE JJP constructed their first pin, they were waaaay ahead of Skit-B had ever been. At this point, hobbit isn't even Jack's first pin.

Dutch pinball is more comparable, but even DP has, at this point, strongly convinced everyone that they have the license, the facilities, a more realistic pricing scheme, and at least one member of their organization with pinball manufacturing experience. So they're risky still, but NOT Skit-B risky.

JJP is a pretty safe bet at this point.

#4814 5 years ago

Play the Hobbit at TPF this weekend!!
www.texaspinball.com

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Play the Hobbit at TPF this weekend!!
http://www.texaspinball.com

It is #1 on my list!!! We have a Day 1 order for TH and we're eager to play it.

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It is #1 on my list!!! We have a Day 1 order for TH and we're eager to play it.

I look forward to reading your report

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I look forward to reading your report

Will do!

#4818 5 years ago

I didn't say there was a comparison, I said Im gonna have a tough time staying in this project because of the Skit-B fiasco. A preorder is a preorder, there is still a risk and I can't take two failures if god forbid it happens.

#4819 5 years ago

I didn't say there was a comparison, I said Im gonna have a tough time staying in this project because of the Skit-B fiasco. A preorder is a preorder, there is still a risk and I can't take two failures if god forbid it happens.

True, and there is that pending lawsuit by Elaut.

#4820 5 years ago

I can't take two failures if god forbid it happens.

I can certainly understand that.

#4821 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm back and forth on what I think about the machine, but I don't think that its a fair comparison between this and Skit-B. JJP is a real company with facilities, and history of production, and fully acknowledged licensing. Jack might not be the best representative of his company, especially on the forums, but he IS running a legitimate business.

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...that rules out MM for you, then. What a piece of crap that is, eh?
You know you want a Hobbit...you keep stalking all the threads.

MM is overrated, for sure, but it only has two pop ups close thhe castle that do no impede flow.

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Have you played Hobbit yet? I spent over two hours straight playing this pin and you cannot be more flat out, stone cold wrong on your assessment. I've trespassed many of your comments on this thread, and I get the impression you just like to pule and whine for the sake of it. The pop-ups add to the frenzied pace of the action, the Bag End shot is a challenging one, and the dragon interacts with the player via speech - true to the spirit of the Tolkien novel (and film adaptations). And every owner I talked with in person or on Pinside are quite content with waiting a little longer for a better game with (almost) complete code.

You, my friend, are flat out wrong in my purposes. I really wanted this game, but it has failed to grab my attention. I'd love to actually play it, but I'm not giving JJP 8K for the chance, or waiting another year to find it on location somewhere. I can tell from watching it that it didn't live up to potential.

What you call whining, I call reality. What you call praise, I call rose colored glasses.

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It seems unlikely the noise from the drop targets being an issue as it's hard to imagine them being louder than the flippers and the pop bumpers.

I agree, it seems unlikely, but I asked for a first hand experience. Not a guess.

There was a video with some mode that had all the targets cycling and they were very loud. Jack responded to the question in this thread saying the glass was off, yet there was a reflection indicating that it was on.

I have found one where the mode is going, but due to background noise, everything is harder to hear. I can't seem to find the one I am talking about.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I can tell from watching it that it didn't live up to potential.

#4826 5 years ago

Not too hard to decipher, really.

#4827 5 years ago

Not too hard to decipher, really.

Eh, if you're not feeling it that's fine. Move along. I guess I could tell by watching ST that it is a good layout (though a stale fan) and it's REALLY boring. Then I played it and I found I was right! So maybe that will come true for you and Hobbit?

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Eh, if you're not feeling it that's fine. Move along. I guess I could tell by watching ST that it is a good layout (though a stale fan) and it's REALLY boring. Then I played it and I found I was right! So maybe that will come true for you and Hobbit?

Yup, so boring it won the Playmeter's Operators Choice Award. No one must be playing it.

Oh snap!

IMG_0039.PNG
#4829 5 years ago

One - I am not your friend.

What you call praise, I call rose colored glasses.

And two, I played the game for an entire afternoon practically non-stop. Put in a minimum of 25 plays. Rose colored glasses? I think not. This pin rocks!

#4830 5 years ago

It's one thing to say u don't like the hobbit and move on. But to continue to bash it on this thread is stupid. Just move on and bash a Stern.

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

One - I am not your friend.

And two, I played the game for an entire afternoon practically non-stop. Put in a minimum of 25 plays. Rose colored glasses? I think not. This pin rocks!

Learn sarcasm.

Rose colored glasses? After the roll-out of WOZ, yes I think that term is applicable.

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It's one thing to say u don't like the hobbit and move on. But to continue to bash it on this thread is stupid. Just move on and bash a Stern.

Why would I bash a Stern?

They have "The King" and they deliver.

#4833 5 years ago

Why would I bash a Stern?
They have "The King" and they deliver.

Dude! Its the Hobbit thread. Give it a break already.

#4834 5 years ago

Devils Advocate here. It may have been lost in the clutter , but another poster technically asked 'Whats not to like?' and he was originally just answering that question.

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Devils Advocate here. It may have been lost in the clutter , but another poster technically asked 'Whats not to like?' and was originally just answering that question.

I was...but I made the cardinal sin of criticizing JPP.

That's blasphemy in this here thread.

That being said, I've spoken my mind for now.

#4836 5 years ago

Yup, so boring it won the Playmeter's Operators Choice Award. No one must be playing it.
Oh snap!

IMG_0039.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

Games people don't want in their homes usually kill on location (like Mustang and ST). Games people buy for their homes don't do well on location because they own it.

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Games people don't want in their homes usually kill on location (like Mustang and ST). Games people buy for their homes don't do well on location because they own it.

So you're saying nobody wants WOZ in their homes?

#4838 5 years ago

So you're saying nobody wants WOZ in their homes?

Initially nobody had them in their homes so they had to play them in the wild. Try again.

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Initially nobody had them in their homes so they had to play them in the wild. Try again.

Nothing to try again. You made a statement that games that do well on route aren't popular in the home. WOZ supposedly does miracle business on route, so my comeback to you was that it must not be popular in the home, applying your logic.

You had no comeback, so you posted something that made no sense.

Try again.

#4840 5 years ago

Nothing to try again. You made a statement that games that do well on route aren't popular in the home. WOZ supposedly does miracle business on route, so my comeback to you was that it must not be popular in the home, applying your logic.
You had no comeback, so you posted something that made no sense.
Try again.

No sense? Well, if you can't decipher that mind-boggler then there's no helping you, but let me try. WOZ won the award when JJP had issues and couldn't deliver their machines fast enough (thus people didn't have them at home) and HAD to play it in the wild. People are busy playing WOZ at home now and less so in the wild. Those are facts. This is opinion: You don't care for Hobbit (somehow, even though it isn't out yet) and I think ST blows (because the code is boring).

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No sense? Well, if you can't decipher that mind-boggler then there's no helping you, but let me try. WOZ won the award when JJP had issues and couldn't deliver their machines fast enough (thus people didn't have them at home) and HAD to play it in the wild. People are busy playing WOZ at home now and less so in the wild. Those are facts. This is opinion: You don't care for Hobbit (somehow, even though it isn't out yet) and I think ST blows (because the code is boring).

So what the hell does that have to do with Star Trek? It's popular on location and in the home.

What was your point even about? Can you come back with an above 6th grade answer?

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

and I think ST blows (because the code is boring).

Apparently you haven't played it with the recent 1.6 update.

#4843 5 years ago

I cant wait to get my Hobbit! Its gonna look great next to my Stern Star Trek and Wizard of Oz.

#4844 5 years ago

Good lord, just drop it, why are we even discussing Star Trek in here? Take it to one of the many Star Trek threads.

#4845 5 years ago

Apparently you haven't played it with the recent 1.6 update.

I have not and will definitely try it out. The layout is nice, smooth, and shoots great. If the code is up to snuff it will be a winner! That's all I'm saying about Hobbit. Give it a chance man. You can't tell now.

#4846 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good lord, just drop it, why are we even discussing Star Trek in here? Take it to one of the many Star Trek threads.

Probably because Hobbit updates have been dry for a looong while now.

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I have not and will definitely try it out. The layout is nice, smooth, and shoots great. If the code is up to snuff it will be a winner! That's all I'm saying about Hobbit. Give it a chance man. You can't tell now.

I wasn't judging the code, just the playfield, flow, and design. LCD looks great. Code will be deep, no brainier.

It wasn't worth spending 8K on, waiting for years to receive it, for a layout I didn't care for. Mostly I'm jaded because I really wanted this game at one time. I'm not a JJP hater. Far from it. I hope they gets a game completely right before their mistakes catch up to them. We'll see.

#4848 5 years ago

Don't mods normally thread eject people for entire pages of back and forth bickering?

#4849 5 years ago
#4850 5 years ago

^^^^^ imagine that and coming from a star trek avatar.....some truth

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 88.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Neepawa, MB
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside