Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 201.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is there a distributor taking the hobbit to TPF?

The Hobbit prototype that was at the Ohio show is being shipped to Texas for TPF. I don't know which distributor will be showing it at TPF.

#4752 4 years ago

The Hobbit is currently on its way to Texas for TPF! Will be in FUN Billiards booth.

#4753 4 years ago

Yes, confirmed by Jack. Only about 6 prototypes spread out to different shows/showings so 1 on way to TPF now.. same as seen in video. Real production games are very near.
Jack did not announce a date.. but some say starting in May.. won't be end of summer as someone else said.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Yes, confirmed by Jack. Only about 6 prototypes spread out to different shows/showings so 1 on way to TPF now.. same as seen in video. Real production games are very near.
Jack did not announce a date.. but some say starting in May.. won't be end of summer as someone else said.

I like to hear that about the 'very near' part. Elsewhere in the last day or so someone said it was 4-5 more months from a distributor. Can you elaborate on a definition of 'very near'?

#4755 4 years ago

"Very near" is always relative...JJP is late in it's production of TH but you need to understand that it's better to be late and have all the wrinkles ironed out than to push to manufacture before it's 100% ready. Look at Leon Musk and Tesla...he's taken over 20,000 deposits at $5,000 each on the Model X and he's already pushed back the production date six months. And his market cap is considerably higher than JJP ! Expo really wasn't that long ago considering all the positive changes that have been made to the game.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

The Hobbit is currently on its way to Texas for TPF! Will be in FUN Billiards booth.

Not sure if The Hobbit is making its way to ZAPCON in Mesa Arizona on April 18/19 2015. But if it is, and you want to store it in a secure location before and after the show, I promise I will take good care of it, and I wont play it too, too much....LOL

All fun aside, I hope The Hobbit finds its way to the Phoenix Metro area, the 4th largest population in the nation some say.

I am hoping the Hobbit's travelling companion is the WOZ too. FYI: To my understanding JJP has not made a showing here, yet. As a potential Hobbit buyer, it would be wonderful to stand in the long line to play one/two/three games....

Besides, its warm and dry!!

#4757 4 years ago

All this talk about production start is only wild guessing. Jack is not telling.

I have heard everything from April, May, 4-5 months, 5-7 months at the earliest, etc etc.

This is not a complaint. It is what it is.

I am only saying that is not wise to get your hopes up before we hear anything official. Even Jack probably does not know when production will begin yet.

#4758 4 years ago

Very near-ish.

#4759 4 years ago

I think with Skit B, JPOP and DP we should be a little more tolerable of JJP delay's. The bottom line is that the pin looks great and it will be built and shipped fairly soon but at least it will be made. I'm hoping to have my by the end of the year and thats just fine with me.

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think with Skit B, JPOP and DP

I don't think DP should be placed in the same category as Skit B, and JPOP. Yes, there were problems but they haven't actually missed any deadlines yet. In fact they have been very quick to get to the prototype stage. We will see as it unfolds over the next few months.

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think with Skit B, JPOP and DP we should be a little more tolerable of JJP delay's. The bottom line is that the pin looks great and it will be built and shipped fairly soon but at least it will be made. I'm hoping to have my by the end of the year and thats just fine with me.

I agree.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't think DP should be placed in the same category as Skit B, and JPOP. Yes, there were problems but they haven't actually missed any deadlines yet. In fact they have been very quick to get to the prototype stage. We will see as it unfolds over the next few months.

Yes, but for a while it looked like the whole thing might implode.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from aplatowski:

"Very near" is always relative...JJP is late in it's production of TH but you need to understand that it's better to be late and have all the wrinkles ironed out than to push to manufacture before it's 100% ready. Look at Leon Musk and Tesla...he's taken over 20,000 deposits at $5,000 each on the Model X and he's already pushed back the production date six months. And his market cap is considerably higher than JJP ! Expo really wasn't that long ago considering all the positive changes that have been made to the game.

At $5000 you still have a smaller prepay then JJP

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think with Skit B, JPOP and DP we should be a little more tolerable of JJP delay's.

If that's what it takes to make Jack look good

#4765 4 years ago

Take your time JJP and make it right.

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Ugh, that sucks... a few months ago distributors were saying production late March/early April. This must be why they are only taking one "prototype" to the TPF this week..

Well I'd be happy to hear I was mis-informed.
Fingers are crossed.

#4767 4 years ago

If I get it by Christmas I'm good. I have plenty of pins to play til then.

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If that's what it takes to make Jack look good

Nah, shipping all 1000 LEs, fixing the LED light board issue, putting code updates out every month for over six months and making WOZ a feature packed game with new tech already makes Jack look good

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, shipping all 1000 LEs, fixing the LED light board issue, putting code updates out every month for over six months and making WOZ a feature packed game with new tech already makes Jack look good

Could not agree more. Some Pinsiders can't see the good in him and what he's done. Not sure why but they are probably Stern lovers..

#4770 4 years ago

Jack's products and customer service speak for themselves. A+.

#4771 4 years ago

When I play that first ball on my TH, I won't care about missed deadlines. Even right now I have so many irons in the fire I'm not in a rush. I'm excited, but distracted by life.

#4772 4 years ago

Well I don't have a Pin yet. TH will be my very first and all I have to play is a Ms. Pac-Man machine with a 60 game iCade board. So if anyone would like to donate a pin to me, working or not, I am sure that would keep me real busy until Jack delivers to my door step.

#4773 4 years ago

I am looking forward to checking out TH and WOZ at MGC next month. Never seen a JJP game in person.

#4774 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I am looking forward to checking out TH and WOZ at MGC next month. Never seen a JJP game in person.

Never? You'll be blown away.

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Take your time JJP and make it right.

I agree, but also hurry up please, as my daughter reminds me, I pre-ordered this game when she was in Kindergarten, she has been waiting here WHOLE school life for it, she really wants it before third grade starts in September.

She even named her new dog Frodo.... I know I know, it should have been Bilbo, but this gives me an excuse to get a LOTR

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Well I don't have a Pin yet. TH will be my very first and all I have to play is a Ms. Pac-Man machine with a 60 game iCade board. So if anyone would like to donate a pin to me, working or not, I am sure that would keep me real busy until Jack delivers to my door step.

Make your way to Houston and you can play LOTR and WCS94 as much as you want.

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Make your way to Houston and you can play LOTR and WCS94 as much as you want.

Tell me where!

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It took over a year to ship 1000 games not good as for the light boards should have never happened and last TH is a cost cut version of WOZ.I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It took over a year to ship 1000 games not good as for the light boards should have never happened and last TH is a cost cut version of WOZ.I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

Jesus, all you do is complain. Living in the past much?

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Do u have the WOZ?

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

Boy is that stupid, toys do not make the game and how about every drop target being controlled seperatley, thats a lot of toys.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Boy is that stupid, toys do not make the game and how about every drop target being controlled seperatley, thats a lot of toys.

Don't feed the Troll

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Speaking of the drop targets. To anyone who has seen the prototype recently, Have they quieted them down at all? I know the one early video with glass ON where they were cycling around the playfield, they were very loud and seemed distracting. I'm not sure what "mode" that was, but I haven't seen it in any of the new videos.

#4784 4 years ago

If Woz was TH or TWD theme no prepay and cost the prepay cost of $6500 it would be in my home.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If Woz was TH or TWD theme it would be in my home.

This may be the case with me too. I hear so many people talking good stuff about the deep rules, etc. I've played it a little, but I just can't stomach more than a game or two before the music makes me want to scream. I cannot imagine owning this game. If the same intricacy was put toward another theme, then we'd be talking.

I'm in on TH now. I must admit that I'm pretty underwhelmed comparing against the early claims from JJP and team on how this game would blow everyone away. This is exaggerated by how many changes were needed based on community feedback/demands. I'm hopeful the game experience will be great, even if the current package seems less than promised.

#4786 4 years ago

So, the last Hobbit movie came out to home media yesterday...hopefully an update comes soon.

#4787 4 years ago

Hobbit has four pop up targets, Smaug who talks and moves, a very cool ramp configure, captive ball, two VUKs ,cool drops and will have the best video, music and Sfx in any (non band ) pinball. What's not to like?

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So, the last Hobbit movie came out to home media yesterday...hopefully an update comes soon.

But is it the extended edition?

#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Hobbit has four pop up targets, Smaug who talks and moves, a very cool ramp configure, captive ball, two VUKs ,cool drops and will have the best video, music and Sfx in any (non band ) pinball. What's not to like?

Just that Smaug doesn't interact with the ball. Other than that nothing really, its great. Maybe there are some magnets in that area that give the illusion that Smaug is messing with the ball or something, I haven't seen that yet though, it would be an acceptable alternative.

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Just that Smaug doesn't interact with the ball. Other than that nothing really, its great. Maybe there are some magnets in that area that give the illusion that Smaug is messing with the ball or something, I haven't seen that yet though, it would be an acceptable alternative.

No magnets in that area. Two magnets on outer loop.

#4791 4 years ago

I wasn't too interested in this until watching gameplay video. Looks like fun battling all the pop up targets. Screen looks gorgeous as expected. Very nice.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No magnets in that area. Two magnets on outer loop.

Doh... oh well.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

Panzer, Leave that body

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

No Smaug interaction with ball, 4 pop-ups impede flow, unfinished/poorly designed Bag End, price and waiting time to delivery.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

No Smaug interaction with ball, 4 pop-ups impede flow, unfinished/poorly designed Bag End, price and waiting time to delivery.

Also, the constant whiners bashing a game that isn't released yet.

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Also, the constant whiners bashing a game that isn't released yet.

LOL!

That's one of the problems I listed!

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Tell me where!

Eagle Springs!

#4798 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

But is it the extended edition?

The extended editions do not come out for another 6 months or so. Can be pretty annoying but in addition to the scenes that were cut they add hours and hours of bonus material, I guess it takes time to put that together for release. I think there were over 5 hours of behind the scenes content on the last Hobbit BluRay.

#4799 4 years ago

4 pop-ups impede flow

Well...that rules out MM for you, then. What a piece of crap that is, eh?

You know you want a Hobbit...you keep stalking all the threads.

#4800 4 years ago

Have you played Hobbit yet? I spent over two hours straight playing this pin and you cannot be more flat out, stone cold wrong on your assessment. I've trespassed many of your comments on this thread, and I get the impression you just like to pule and whine for the sake of it. The pop-ups add to the frenzied pace of the action, the Bag End shot is a challenging one, and the dragon interacts with the player via speech - true to the spirit of the Tolkien novel (and film adaptations). And every owner I talked with in person or on Pinside are quite content with waiting a little longer for a better game with (almost) complete code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 12.99
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside