47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 201.
#4651 9 years ago

FYI for those who may not have heard. Concerning if you ask me and may be a contributer to the delay with WOZ and The Hobbit. Sorry to rain on the parade.

http://www.highwaygames.com/arcade-news/elaut-usa-files-lawsuit-against-jersey-jack-pinball-inc-3254/

#4652 9 years ago

4 month old news

#4653 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I am soooooooooooooo ready for this pin. Bring it on

What I said

#4654 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'll give you one reason:
Some people are very interested in the game (me,for one) but are NOT Pre-Orderers. They are the old-fashioned-type folks that want to see/touch/play one before buying. So there's plenty of people interested in this title that aren't "in on it." They arent moving on one till they start coming off the assembly line and into the wild, hence the interest.

Quoted from chessiv:

And lots of people are commenting about both situations that don't have a machine ordered. So maybe you should go to those threads and stop everyone there too.

And some people have been crapping on anything associated with JJP since Jack first announced WOZ. These people appear to be disgruntled due to past dealings with Jack and/or comments Jack and WOZ enthusiasts made denigrating Stern four years ago.

So, we get the same thing, over and over in almost every JJP associated thread. They make their comments and other people tell them to go away because of their history more than what they are actually saying. And, off we go. Their response is generally the same, "JJP fans want to shut down anyone who has something negative to say". Which is not true, it would just be a more pleasant place if the people bearing grudges would go away and leave the JJP threads to those without an axe to grind.

#4655 9 years ago

Still got my woz... More then I can say for skit b or jpop... That is all

#4656 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry. I just don't see it. I don't have any interest in WWE, so I don't crap on threads or Stern about it. Don't care when the LE comes out. Just. Don't. Care.
At this point, people have seen what is probably the production model. Do you like it? Great. Get one. Don't like it? Don't get one. Feel free to criticize what you didn't like about it, but STFU about when the game is going to be released because it's clearly none of your concern.

There are many people not buying Whoa Nellie craping on Stern about the price it is not just a JJP or TH thing to see pinsiders crap on threads

#4657 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry. I just don't see it.

That's because you still have your JJP blinders on.

#4658 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's because you still have your JJP blinders on.

Oh, look who it is again! You're wrong. I cancelled my TH order once. Then ordered another one and almost changed my mind again to finance an AC/DC and/or GoT. Sounds like a fanboy, alright.

#4659 9 years ago
#4660 9 years ago

This thread is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz need more info on the actually game. New pictures, videos and discussion on the actual game would be nice.

#4661 9 years ago

I will have an machine to play at Midwest Gaming classic. anyone who wants to come out and put a game on just needs to show up.

Christopher
KingPin Games

#4662 9 years ago

No worries!

I'm sure the game will be released in April 2016.

#4663 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

No worries!
I'm sure the game will be released in April 2016.

Thanks Captain. Your clarity is appreciated.

#4664 9 years ago

Thanks Captain. Your clarity is appreciated.

Just in time for pre-orders for Lawlor's game.

#4665 9 years ago

pre-orders for Lawlor's game

#4666 9 years ago

Truth hurts.

#4667 9 years ago

dying for an update

#4668 9 years ago

Got to see TH at Ohio Show today. The machine looks and sounds great but I have to say I didn't care for the playfield protector or the RadCals. The playifled protector just lies on the playfield, it does not adhere in any way which led it to look cloudy in a lot of places. It reminds me of when you install a screen protector on your cell phone. If you don't squeegee it out completely you get cloudiness to the screen. Same here with the playfield protector.

The RadCals. . . . are super glossy which leaves it vulnerable to showing any imperfections as well as looking wavy. I like the idea for these I just didn't like as to how they look.

Glad I was able to see it in person as I was on the fence about the RadCals. For the money I won't be purchasing them! The protector, I feel, is overkill for a home use game!

Disclaimer: the above post is an opinion only and not a dish on JJP or the manufacture of said mods!

#4669 9 years ago

Did you get to play the pin? How was it?

#4670 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Got to see TH at Ohio Show today. The machine looks and sounds great but I have to say I didn't care for the playfield protector or the RadCals. The playifled protector just lies on the playfield, it does not adhere in any way which led it to look cloudy in a lot of places. It reminds me of when you install a screen protector on your cell phone. If you don't squeegee it out completely you get cloudiness to the screen. Same here with the playfield protector.
The RadCals. . . . are super glossy which leaves it vulnerable to showing any imperfections as well as looking wavy. I like the idea for these I just didn't like as to how they look.
Glad I was able to see it in person as I was on the fence about the RadCals. For the money I won't be purchasing them! The protector, I feel, is overkill for a home use game!
Disclaimer: the above post is an opinion only and not a dish on JJP or the manufacture of said mods!

Thanks for the report. I was wondering about both those things.

#4671 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Did you get to play the pin? How was it?

I didn't as every time I went by there was a line. I watched people play it and liked what I was seeing and hearing.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for the report. I was wondering about both those things.

Welcome. Just to add on about the RadCals. They don't look awful by any means. I just thought they were way too glossy (overkill). For me I couldn't see paying the money for them. Now if they were to offer the direct ink finish like that of what was on the WoZ LE I would consider it as I think that cabinet is excellent!

#4672 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I didn't as every time I went by there was a line. I watched people play it and liked what I was seeing and hearing.

Welcome. Just to add on about the RadCals. They don't look awful by any means. I just thought they were way too glossy (overkill). For me I couldn't see paying the money for them. Now if they were to offer the direct ink finish like that of what was on the WoZ LE I would consider it as I think that cabinet is excellent!

I'm concerned that "high gloss" also means "high glare". Did you notice if it was hard to see the artwork when you looked at the cabinet from different angles due to the glare?

#4673 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm concerned that "high gloss" also means "high glare". Did you notice if it was hard to see the artwork when you looked at the cabinet from different angles due to the glare?

This was not an issue. You do get a glare that is almost like when you take a picture with the flash on, in one spot you have the glare from the flash but you see the rest. Again this is just my input, maybe we'll get input from others on this as well.

#4674 9 years ago

Yeah, saw the Hobbit at the Ohio show and agree with meSz - the RadCals look bad because they're so glossy, they magnify the fact that they're just stickers and show every single imperfection in their application. Maybe production games will have them mechanically applied to avoid that? I dunno, I just really didn't like it and it certainly didn't look like $400 worth of art.

And he's right about that overlay - there were tons of spots where it sticks and others where it lifts. Honestly, mylar would be better in the high traffic spots.

On a positive note, the sound is amazing - Smaug's voice just rumbles through you. Also the graphics are much, much better than WoZ. For a wide body it plays really fast. Game play, I'll refrain from commenting because it is very, very incomplete.

So, the RadCals are a big miss in my opinion.

#4675 9 years ago

I ordered the PF protector and the rad-cals, but I am going to cancel the rad-cals. I don't want it too shiny to be honest. The PF is where I am on the fence - I want the PF to be protected well, but I don't want a cloud effect.

#4676 9 years ago

I really don't think you need the protector in a home environment. The only thing that concerns me is that VUK hole by Bag End. That puppy's gonna take a serious beating without some kind of Cliffy or something. Seems like a big design flaw.

#4677 9 years ago

I'd have liked to see the regular artwork to compare. Why can't they do what they did on WoZ again? Those cabinets are amazing.

#4678 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really don't think you need the protector in a home environment. The only thing that concerns me is that VUK hole by Bag End. That puppy's gonna take a serious beating without some kind of Cliffy or something. Seems like a big design flaw.

I think a cliffy should work out on the VUK. I'll need the money spent on PF protectors and radcals to get more game MODs anyway

Matt is sure to throw a few together for purchase

#4679 9 years ago

by the way, with that big line of folks flippin' on the hobbit we should have some good video in 3 ... 2...

#4680 9 years ago

For those of us heading to TPF... why only one game at the show? Means nobody will get to play it unless they stand in line for an hour or more....
This game is imminently getting ready to be produced... why not bring 3 games to show it off?

#4681 9 years ago

Can someone with a relatively modern smart phone, and ability to upload non private videos to You Tube please go over and take 5 minutes of good hobbit gameplay footage please?

Thanks in advance

#4682 9 years ago

Just in time for pre-orders for Lawlor's game.

That's funny ! pre order never again

#4683 9 years ago

With JJP, Stern kicking out new and VE models, MMr, AMH, etc. etc. seems like Pinball is getting more and more popular - I think it is awesome. Now go ahead Mr. Jack and send me my most honorable hobbit.

#4684 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

That's funny ! pre order never again

I think Skit-B is in the process of putting the final nails in the coffin of (multi-year) pinball prepayment....

#4685 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I think Skit-B is in the process of putting the final nails in the coffin of (multi-year) pinball prepayment....

With some help from JPop...

#4686 9 years ago

I do not want to criticize the playfield protector too much (and I do think you should not need one on a HUO game anyway) but it seems to become quit cloudy as shown in the following picture. Did someone notice this when playing the game?

What is interesting to me is the spot with the red mark around it. Is it an extendable post?

Hobbit post.jpgHobbit post.jpg

#4687 9 years ago

Is it an extendable post?
Hobbit post.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Jack said "YES". I also asked if he'd be selling them on his site or as an option in the build? He chuckled and mentioned how he needs to work on upgrading their site for such purchases.

#4688 9 years ago

What is interesting to me is the spot with the red mark around it. Is it an extendable post?

Quoted from TaTa:

Jack said "YES"

Player controlled?

#4689 9 years ago

I'm somewhat surprised by the reactions to the Rad-Cals, I saw them at Expo and thought they looked fantastic, unfortunately at over $500 CDN I can't justify them right now, maybe later when our dollar bounces back.

#4690 9 years ago

Player controlled?

No Standard post like in WOZ, but gives the owner the option to use it or not.

I had a chance to really talk to Jack at PinballStars party and this is summery of SOME of the things that were said and my comments on them: ... RadCals on TH are 1st gen and the new one will be less shinny and more durable [TG! the light reflection off them was unbearable]...TH shown here was the one that has been to all the parties , venues and will be the one at future events [thus no multiple pins to play]...the playfield protector has 1000's of plays on it and it's not necessary for home use. It was primarily made for the OP's so that they could just pull it off and replace it with another one and it looks as good as new [they looked foggy and got dirty around the cut outs]...playfields, cabinets and most of the parts are ready for production. WB's last minute request for the 4 pop ups to include their copyright into the molding of each said figure, even though they were already approved, is just another example of why licencing is so challenging [he handed me his phone and let me read the correspondence between the two of them. I told Jack I felt like reaching through the phone and punching them after reading their ridiculous request]...the axes will be changed [mentioned at some point that they would be smaller and ?]... and finally...this is the finally product minus what was said already. nothing secret will be introduced.

Hope this helps

#4691 9 years ago

Thanks for the update TaTa.

Any update on how the habitrail is used for feeding the windlance? And is the windlance and diverter coming under control of the player?

#4692 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Can someone with a relatively modern smart phone, and ability to upload non private videos to You Tube please go over and take 5 minutes of good hobbit gameplay footage please?
Thanks in advance

A gopro head mount would work best

#4693 9 years ago

Thanks for the update TaTa.
Any update on how the habitrail is used for feeding the windlance? And is the windlance and diverter coming under control of the player?

Thanks for asking. The more you do, the more I seem to remember!

The lock down button will be used to fire the wind lance, control the ramp diverter and mentioned that it would control other things as well. As for how the wind lance is implemented...well that would have been a great follow up question.

#4694 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Thanks for asking. The more you do, the more I seem to remember!
The lock down button will be used to fire the wind lance, control the ramp diverter and mentioned that it would control other things as well. As for how the wind lance is implemented...well that would have been a great follow up question.

Haha you are welcome Let's see if I can come up with some more questions

Did Jack say anything about how the music from both 2 steps from Hell and David Thiel is moving along? I do not have the feeling that much music material is implemented in the current version of TH.

Any updates about how the ruleset is build up? Will it be story driven?

Ow, and Smaug. Was it really the Golden version that was shown?

#4695 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

As for how the wind lance is implemented...well that would have been a great follow up question.

If memory serves, I think Jack kinda said it would be a bit of a surprise once the code continues to be updated. Most of these big shows are so packed, folks wait in line for 30 minutes to play a three minute game so it's hard to really judge the gameplay, flow, shots, etc. TaTa and I played Hobbit for several hours straight - and the game friggin' cooks! For those on the pre-order...you will not be disappointed when your pin arrives. I was hoping to play my Hobbit this summer; now it's looking like sometime in the fall. And I'm totally OK with the extra wait.

#4696 9 years ago

S

Quoted from PinballRulez:Haha you are welcome Let's see if I can come up with some more questions
Did Jack say anything about how the music from both 2 steps from Hell and David Thiel is moving along? I do not have the feeling that much music material is implemented in the current version of TH.
Any updates about how the ruleset is build up? Will it be story driven?
Ow, and Smaug. Was it really the Golden version that was shown?

He said it was the THSE Smaug. Jack mentioned that it was WB who forced the "teeth issue" when the game was revealed at EXPO. I feel pretty good on my decision on upgrading to the SE after seeing it person. It really changed my whole feeling on the game!

He say's that 50% of the code is done, but that doesn't mean it has been implemented into the game play yet. So you assumption is probably correct.

#4697 9 years ago

Recorded some video of The Hobbit at the Ohio Show.

#4698 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

» YouTube video

Wow! Those decals are the most reflective decals in the history of pinball!

#4699 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

» YouTube video

Oh man, I want my Hobbit

#4700 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

If memory serves, I think Jack kinda said it would be a bit of a surprise once the code continues to be updated. Most of these big shows are so packed, folks wait in line for 30 minutes to play a three minute game so it's hard to really judge the gameplay, flow, shots, etc. TaTa and I played Hobbit for several hours straight - and the game friggin' cooks! For those on the pre-order...you will not be disappointed when your pin arrives. I was hoping to play my Hobbit this summer; now it's looking like sometime in the fall. And I'm totally OK with the extra wait.

So, you think a realistic time is about another 6 months or so?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 25.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.