Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 201.
#4601 4 years ago

Pics and videos will be aplenty ! I'll post here... Also though the quickest and place where I will be mostly posting that day will be on out Facebook page. LIKE us and you'll get them all in real time if not on Pinside at that moment : )

https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=281515171950637&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FPinballSTAR-Amusements%2F281515171950637

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Usally when books are translated into movies, they have to cut things to fit it into 2 hours. I think it's refreshing for the opposite to occur once in a while. And if not refreshing, certainly not a travesty.

Farting dwarves, Mortal Kombat Gandalf and an "Over Niagara Falls in a Barrel" sequence may have been many things, but I wouldn't say they were refreshing!

Quoted from Jakenjoi:

From the critics to the everyday movie-goer, everyone said there were scenes and bits that could and perhaps should have been left out.

There's a tremendous amount of lard in the movies. The problem isn't that they made a 9 hours of movie out of a 200 page book, it's that it feels like that's what they did when you watch it. Thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread, if you follow me.

I'm waiting for the fan edit. Someone will trim out all the padding and we'll be left with an enjoyable 3 or 4 hours of Hobbit.

#4603 4 years ago

How can anyone complain about farting dwarves?

#4604 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

How can anyone complain about farting dwarves?

Well, that new lady-elf that PJ tossed into the mix must feel the same way since she fell in love with one of the dwarves at first sight (scent?)

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this a new photo?

I don't think its a new picture. Also the game is in need of spot lights still, hoping these get on the game before release. WOZ was so dark and needed spots hoping hobbit comes with some pre-installed.

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm not okay with this at all. Again, this is just my opinion, but why would I want to pay two, even three times, what I would normally have to pay in order to see one story unfold on the big screen? This awful trend started with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, has continued with The Hobbit and The Hunger Games, and will continue with The Avengers 3. Hollywood saw people were willing to shell out over $20 to see essentially one story filled with garbage in order to make two (and in the case of The Hobbit, three) movies, and they are going to run all the way to the bank with it.

In respect of making a pinball machine I think you only profit from more material being available.

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Farting dwarves, Mortal Kombat Gandalf and an "Over Niagara Falls in a Barrel" sequence may have been many things, but I wouldn't say they were refreshing!

Agreed

#4608 4 years ago

In a hole in the ground there lived a .... update thread. Perhaps Saturday will have some really cool update info to discuss.

#4610 4 years ago

Nothing to add? New code? Smaug Teeth anything?

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Nothing to add? New code? Smaug Teeth anything?

yep, was looking for more feedback from people that played it? any comments on code, rules, gameplay?

#4612 4 years ago

Any further word on when production will start or is it all silent on that front as well? Lack of any recent news kind of sucks.

#4613 4 years ago

Comments in the other thread (linked to a couple of posts above) would suggest that the code is roughly 50% done (a lot further than earlier shows around Christmas) and those that played it at the party is mainly very impressed.

No news about shipping yet. Still needs a few more parts coming in first, it seems.

I like what I read in the other thread. Feeling positive at the moment.

#4614 4 years ago

People seemed to be so impressed that they were too busy enjoying it to take many pics or videos. Hopefully more will come out after Ohio.

#4615 4 years ago

Perhaps a more updated model with be at the Ohio Expo this weekend. With a bigger audience we are likely to get more/better pictures, video, and player feedback.

#4616 4 years ago

Why would you assume the game coming to Ohio would be different than the game shown last weekend?

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you assume the game coming to Ohio would be different than the game shown last weekend?

I think he means more pictures, videos of gameplay and a lot more first impressions.

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You mean: OHIO.

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

luvthatapex2 said:

You mean: OHIO.

Nah means ohio?

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Nah means ohio?

One of the proprietors of the Ohio show always addresses it as the OHIO show.

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

One of the proprietors of the Ohio show always addresses it as the OHIO show.

The *OHIO* show? *THE* Ohio State University? I don't get it?

#4622 4 years ago

OH

#4624 4 years ago

IO

#4625 4 years ago

Hobbit "Five armies" DVD out March 24th. Hrmmmmm............

H5A.jpg

#4626 4 years ago

Does anyone feel that JJP appreciates other pinball drama deflecting from the fact that the machines are late again and no one is paying attention?

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Does anyone feel that JJP appreciates other pinball drama deflecting from the fact that the machines are late again and no one is paying attention?

I think it is part of the process sometimes, and they are doing the best they can to deliver a good product as soon as they can. I don't think they want drama to distract anyone - if anything perhaps a little understanding?

For what's it worth I think a lot of people are paying very close attention, and for me personally; I would rather wait a bit longer if they are trying to provide the best pin they can.\

EDIT: My understanding is that they are ordering parts and preparing to build anyway - so not long now.

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Better late and end up with a nice game that actually exists from a legitimate company then one that isn't. The wait paid off with WOZ so hopefully it will be worth the wait for TH as well.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Better late and end up with a nice game that actually exists from a legitimate company then one that isn't.

#4630 4 years ago

Hmmm...let's see: $6500 for a Whoa Nellie now? Or $8000 for a Hobbit down the road?

I'm still going with TH, and don't mind waiting. I don't understand why people who don't have a preorder care when the delivery date is. I have a preorder and I don't even care. It's an f-ing toy. It'll get here when it gets here.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hmmm...let's see: $6500 for a Whoa Nellie now? Or $8000 for a Hobbit down the road?
I'm still going with TH, and don't mind waiting. I don't understand why people who don't have a preorder care when the delivery date is. I have a preorder and I don't even care. It's an f-ing toy. It'll get here when it gets here.

Exactly. Same thing on Predator, now yes its a shitstorm but I don't go to JPOP or TBL threads, not a pre-order so who cares.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Exactly. Same thing on Predator, now yes its a shitstorm but I don't go to JPOP or TBL threads, not a pre-order so who cares.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tq&tu=Hazoff

#4633 4 years ago

What? R U for real. I posted a video regarding drinking and posting, and I go on those threads as I like to see what Jpop and DP, Spooky etc. pinballs are looking like but I don't post negative comments nor do I really care if those games are made, I want everyone to get them but I'm not in so why bother. I think you really blew it on your attempt to establish me as a interested party with zero interest in project.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Hobbit "Five armies" DVD out March 24th. Hrmmmmm.......

On Pinball Stars Facebook page there is a video showing the playfield book displaying scenes from the third movie. If they've had the third movie footage, hopefully the shipping date won't be too much longer.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

On Pinball Stars Facebook page there is a video showing the playfield book displaying scenes from the third movie. If they've had the third movie footage, hopefully the shipping date won't be too much longer.

I think that is from the trailer?

#4636 4 years ago

I am soooooooooooooo ready for this pin. Bring it on

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still going with TH, and don't mind waiting. I don't understand why people who don't have a preorder care when the delivery date is.

I'll give you one reason:

Some people are very interested in the game (me,for one) but are NOT Pre-Orderers. They are the old-fashioned-type folks that want to see/touch/play one before buying. So there's plenty of people interested in this title that aren't "in on it." They arent moving on one till they start coming off the assembly line and into the wild, hence the interest.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'll give you one reason:
Some people are very interested in the game (me,for one) but are NOT Pre-Orderers. They are the old-fashioned-type folks that want to see/touch/play one before buying. So there's plenty of people interested in this title that aren't "in on it." They arent moving on one till they start coming off the assembly line and into the wild, hence the interest.

Fair enough. But why the criticism over when the game is being released? Why would anybody care who doesn't have a dime into it? You don't generally hear people with pre-orders whining about the game not being out yet. They care more about the quality than the release date.

#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fair enough. But why the criticism over when the game is being released? Why would anybody care who doesn't have a dime into it? You don't generally hear people with pre-orders whining about the game not being out yet. They care more about the quality than the release date.

It says a lot about the company. The problems with Woz, delays etc weren't supposed to happen with hobbit. They supposedly had all of those types of issues resolved. Yet, here we are and get delays again similar to Woz. Why? Based on recent pics the design hasn't changed. It will be fine if the machines start coming out in april. But if not, why not?

And this is a pinball forum. Pinball news is interesting to all people interested in pinball and therefore worthy of discussion. The premise of you don't have one or you aren't on a preorder so you can't say anything is not a reasonable statement. Hobbit is still a preorder machine and with all the issues going on with other preorders it's not unreasonable to discuss.

#4640 4 years ago

Sorry. I just don't see it. I don't have any interest in WWE, so I don't crap on threads or Stern about it. Don't care when the LE comes out. Just. Don't. Care.

At this point, people have seen what is probably the production model. Do you like it? Great. Get one. Don't like it? Don't get one. Feel free to criticize what you didn't like about it, but STFU about when the game is going to be released because it's clearly none of your concern.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry. I just don't see it... ...Feel free to criticize what you didn't like about it, but STFU about when the game is going to be released because it's clearly none of your concern.

Sorry, this is a pinball forum. Not crapping on anything. Discussing a pinball machine that was supposed to be out last year, by contract, but still isn't out. Just because you don't like part of the discussion doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. You are free to ignore my comments and should probably do so.

#4642 4 years ago

I ignore nobody because I'm interested in everybody's opinion...whether I agree or not. At least TH will be out very soon. Have we heard about TBL since the financial meltdown? Let's all head over to that thread and crap on them instead. Or the Predator thread for that matter.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry. I just don't see it. I don't have any interest in WWE, so I don't crap on threads or Stern about it. Don't care when the LE comes out. Just. Don't. Care.
At this point, people have seen what is probably the production model. Do you like it? Great. Get one. Don't like it? Don't get one. Feel free to criticize what you didn't like about it, but STFU about when the game is going to be released because it's clearly none of your concern.

I agree with you, but I think some of the folks here have a minimum post quota that they must reach on a daily basis.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I ignore nobody because I'm interested in everybody's opinion...whether I agree or not. At least TH will be out very soon. Have we heard about TBL since the financial meltdown? Let's all head over to that thread and crap on them instead. Or the Predator thread for that matter.

And lots of people are commenting about both situations that don't have a machine ordered. So maybe you should go to those threads and stop everyone there too.

#4645 4 years ago

FWIW I think it is important to see if a business is keeping its word. Repeatedly this has not been the case with JJP.

It might be semantics, but when the Dec. shipping date magically was delayed just a few days prior to the actual date (as if they did not know they were behind schedule then...), then in Jan. JJ said something to the effect of weeks, not months if I recall correctly. Now its months...

Do you see a pattern? I can.

They might ship the best game on earth eventually, but it sure as shoot won't be on the date they say they will.

#4647 4 years ago

So is this game gonna come out or are we waiting for The Hobbit 4 to come out in theatres?

#4648 4 years ago

Why exactly do you feel entitled to tell others to STFU? I, too, am interested in this game and its release. I'm not your wife, so don't tell me to STFU.

The release date is critical because I have an open location where the owner is wanting this pin and doesn't want a WOZ because the theme is SO FUCKING LAME! So the release date not only impacts my income, but also my capital plans and cash flows. So what I'm saying to be clear is you should be the one STFU'ing.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Why exactly do you feel entitled to tell others to STFU. I, too, am interested in this game and its release. I'm not your wife, so don't tell me to STFU. The release date is critical because I have an open location where the owner is wanting this pin and doesn't want a WOZ because the theme is SO FUCKING LAME! So the release date not only impacts my income, but also my capital plans and cash flows. So what I'm saying to be clear is you should be the one STFU'ing.

You're a well-known troll, so STFU.

And I never say that to my wife. Maybe you do--if you're even married, which I doubt. Either way, your screen name fits you.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're a well-known troll, so STFU.
And I never say that to my wife. Maybe you do--if you're even married, which I doubt. Either way, your screen name fits you.

Thank you for your well-thought, point-by-point rebuttal of my comments, ITG.

InternetToughGuy.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside