Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 201.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Improving the overall aesthetic design of the pin isn't a valid excuse for a minor delay? I would like to hear what buyers have to say on that one. As a buyer, I don't mind waiting a few measly months.

Exactly!

#4552 4 years ago

I'd argue that if this was a software application, then it wouldn't be a big deal to release it on time with the promise of some patches. However, given that this is a mechanical device and you can't "patch" a physical change to the design, I don't see how anyone could give them any flak for letting them refine the product some more even if it means a missed deadline.

#4553 4 years ago

All I got from that old thread was this line from Jack himself it is on page 4

"5- We are working on the Hobbit full blast. We hired more people and unlike WOZ, we are on track with the game. We are contractually bound to ship when the third movie opens."

... 17 December 2014 was the release date FYI

I was looking just hoping for an update. I do want to play one I like the idea of so many independently controlled targets.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Says someone who has never made anything, ever

Nonsense. He has made lots and lots of trolls in JJP threads! You guys just keep engaging so he'll keep doing it until you figure it out.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nonsense. He has made lots and lots of trolls in JJP threads! You guys just keep engaging so he'll keep doing it until you figure it out

Good point. But in the spirit of the Hobbit, isn't it fun to bash the hell outta Trolls?

On an unrelated note, I'm looking forward to finally seeing the game in person this Saturday at the PinballSTAR event. I plan to find out all I can from Jack about Bag End (is it finished?...here's hoping not!) and how that Windlance button will function. More to come, fellas'!

Anything you guys want to know (from Jack) that I'm missing?

#4556 4 years ago

few measly months.

it is now nine months late

#4557 4 years ago

Is this a new photo? on FB today...looks beautiful 11034283_636607153108102_988050575780289617_n.jpg

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this a new photo? on FB today...looks beautiful 11034283_636607153108102_988050575780289617_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It looks the same, am I missing something?

#4559 4 years ago

I fine with the way it looks right now, I think it looks beautiful and love the open concept. Really looking forward to playing this pin.

#4560 4 years ago

The Smaug area looks SO much better than the original design. Really looking forward to playing mine.....sooner than later?

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this a new photo? on FB today...looks beautiful 11034283_636607153108102_988050575780289617_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

From what I can tell, it's the same prototype that's been shown soon after the IAPPA debut (with the new art package). The columns have yet to be updated to green and this pin still has the larger axes. And Smaug appears to be toothless - much like Ek77 in his hollow rants.

#4562 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the game in person this Saturday at the PinballSTAR event.

I'll be eager to hear your report. Thanks in advance.

#4563 4 years ago

HOBBIT RELEASE PARTY !!! This Saturday in PA / with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !!!

Saturday 3/14 from 11-4 at OLD SLED WORKS in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg)

See original announcement below with all the details.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hobbit Release Party on Saturday 3/14 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !

We will have a Hobbit and a WOZ there. Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP !

Old Sled Works is run by a friend and fellow coin-op collector, Jimmy Rosen. Jimmy used to run the Hershey Gameroom Expo that ran for a few years about 10 years ago. For 85 years Old Sled Works was an sled factory (owned by his family) that has been turned into a antique vendor mall with 125 vendors and even a Sled Museum ! Plenty to see and do there for the ladies who like antiques so you might want to bring them along. There is also a huge old time ARCADE there - all old / classic games - woodrail pinballs, skee ball, baseball pitch and bats, gun games, whacky arcade games, pre-war pinballs, and more ! There's also a working soda fountain where you can grab a spinning stool and order a hamburger or hot dog or a root beer float like it's 1955 ! Bring the kids, bring the lady, bring a friend, all are welcome !

Check out their site for info / address : http://www.sledworks.com/ - you might even run into a Pinup Girl or two (the location is used frequently for pin up photo shoots much to Jimmy's liking !)

Admission will be $ 25 per person, of which 100% will go to the PinballSTAR charity fund where we donate WOZ machines to children's hospitals. In return and to support our charity cause Jimmy has graciously offered up his entire pay to play arcade for FREE play to our guests - you will get a big bucket of unlimited quarters to dig your paws into to use in the arcade all day ! And we'll surely have some giveaways as well...

If you would like to reserve a spot to attend - please email me back the following info for EACH person attending :
Name, city/state, email address, phone, which games that we distribute do you own ? (bought from us or not) - this helps to plan some potential giveaways.

#4564 4 years ago

Will it be the final production version oh Hobbit?

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Will it be the final production version oh Hobbit?

Are you calling Joe a hobbit?

#4566 4 years ago

It's a release party so that's a good sign!

#4567 4 years ago

Remember when I said pinball marketing is in need of help? You work for years on a game and you have the launch party at:

Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg)...the media capital of the world!

This thing should be launched in NYC and have tons of media there to play. Just saying. Maybe host a screening of all 3 movies during the day at Nighthawk Cinema in Williamsburg and have the game revealed at an evening party.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Remember when I said pinball marketing is in need of help? You work for years on a game and you have the launch party at:
This thing should be launched in NYC and have tons of media there to play. Just saying. Maybe host a screening of all 3 movies during the day at Nighthawk Cinema in Williamsburg and have the game revealed at an evening party.

To quote Rudy: "Oh boy oh boy oh boy..."

#4569 4 years ago

I just have to add one more thing here (and Joe...feel free to correct me!). The "release party" doesn't mean that it's actually being released this weekend. Just that it's imminent. Also, I'm sure Joe would like everybody to see what an awesome machine TH is, and perhaps you'd buy one from him because he's an awesome guy.

And I'm not really sure the major networks would show up at a pinball release party. Pinball is still a niche hobby, no matter what us hobbyists would like to believe otherwise.

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just have to add one more thing here (and Joe...feel free to correct me!). The "release party" doesn't mean that it's actually being released this weekend. Just that it's imminent. Also, I'm sure Joe would like everybody to see what an awesome machine TH is, and perhaps you'd buy one from him because he's an awesome guy.
And I'm not really sure the major networks would show up at a pinball release party. Pinball is still a niche hobby, no matter what us hobbyists would like to believe otherwise.

So many editors that love pinball. That's all I'm saying. I know many in the media who would be all over a release party if it were closer. Look I'm just saying when you put our a press release that you're having a release party in the middle of nowhere PA, why even put out a press release? AIn't no press near by. It's just PR from 1997.

This is nothing against Joe at all...if I were Jack i'd have an NYC launch party too...OR...Even cooler, just drop it off in a hot spot in NYC and let people stumble upon it. Then go to press that the first Hobbit pinball machine is hidden somewhere in NYC. Pick a remote bar that isn't known for pins. You'll have to Journey like a hobbit to find it.

Look I'm just saying...there wasn't even a creative idea here. It's just, "here it is"...I WISH I had a fun product like pinball to launch...so much potential to drum up excitement.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LOL - This is MY party for MY customers and any anyone who wants to come see the game. It is NOT JJP's 'marketing' event even though Jack is going to be there - so don't equate whatever I do as a distributor to what JJP is doing to market their game - they are much smarter than I (and you) in that regard and know what is best for their product. They had WOZ on the red carpet at Gruman's Chinese Theater for the re-release of WOZ nationwide if you were paying attention so I think they did pretty freaking well with that score... : )

The 'party' YES is in Harrisburg PA - why ? It to enjoy a day with pinball people - I'm not looking to entertain a TV crew - I don't care two hoots about them on this day - it's to say thanks to the pinball community and to give them a chance to see the game. Harrisburg is the center of my state of PA... For my WOZ release party (which I had at my home near Scranton) we drew people from NY, NJ, VA, MD, DE, OH and all parts of PA - including Pittsburgh which was 5 hours away. So the Harrisburg location gets many many folks in nearby major cities within 2 hour drive - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc... AND it's a fun different location with 60 new games they probably have never played before in the Old Sled Works arcade. Plus there's an antique mall there for the ladies to come and spend time there. The location was absolutely picked with thought and purpose - to make it a fun day for everyone. It is NOT for a local TV crew to come and do a 5 second blurb on the news - it's for PINBALL people to come and have a good time, plain and simple. Kaneda, if you are within driving distance - please come... the hobby needs alot of people like you excited and offering up ideas - marketing or otherwise...

Anyone interested in attending I do ask you send a request to get on the guest list to Sales@PinballSTAR.com. TY

#4572 4 years ago

Sigh...

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.png

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LOL - This is MY party for MY customers and any anyone who wants to come see the game. It is NOT JJP's 'marketing' event even though Jack is going to be there - so don't equate whatever I do as a distributor to what JJP is doing to market their game - they are much smarter than I (and you) in that regard and know what is best for their product. They had WOZ on the red carpet at Gruman's Chinese Theater for the re-release of WOZ nationwide if you were paying attention so I think they did pretty freaking well with that score... : )
The 'party' YES is in Harrisburg PA - why ? It to enjoy a day with pinball people - I'm not looking to entertain a TV crew - I don't care two hoots about them on this day - it's to say thanks to the pinball community and to give them a chance to see the game. Harrisburg is the center of my state of PA... For my WOZ release party (which I had at my home near Scranton) we drew people from NY, NJ, VA, MD, DE, OH and all parts of PA - including Pittsburgh which was 5 hours away. So the Harrisburg location gets many many folks in nearby major cities within 2 hour drive - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc... AND it's a fun different location with 60 new games they probably have never played before in the Old Sled Works arcade. Plus there's an antique mall there for the ladies to come and spend time there. The location was absolutely picked with thought and purpose - to make it a fun day for everyone. It is NOT for a local TV crew to come and do a 5 second blurb on the news - it's for PINBALL people to come and have a good time, plain and simple. Kaneda, if you are within driving distance - please come... the hobby needs alot of people like you excited and offering up ideas - marketing or otherwise...
Anyone interested in attending I do ask you send a request to get on the guest list to Sales@PinballSTAR.com. TY

Well that makes sense. Just thrown off by the press release which made it sound like the release of the game. Thanks for the clarification.

#4574 4 years ago

Good, awesome, great.

Now can we get to Pat Lawlor's machine, please?

I couldn't care less about a pinball machine that is based on a nine hour trilogy that is based on a 320 page book. What's next? A 12 hour miniseries based on a letter J.R.R. Tolkien wrote to his nephew in 1963?

End rant.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What's next? A 12 hour miniseries based on a letter J.R.R. Tolkien wrote to his nephew in 1963?

Shhhhhhh. Pat's game is supposed to be a secret.

LTG : )™

#4576 4 years ago

kaneda gonna keneda

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

This is MY party for MY customers and any anyone who wants to come see the game. It is NOT JJP's 'marketing' event even though Jack is going to be there - so don't equate whatever I do as a distributor to what JJP is doing to market their game - they are much smarter than I (and you) in that regard and know what is best for their product.

#4578 4 years ago

Near Harrisburg; the Capitol of one of this nation's most populated states. Pretty good in my book.

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Kaneda, if you are within driving distance - please come...

If Kaneda looks anything like his avatar, I don't want him driving anywhere. Ever.

#4580 4 years ago

PinballSTAR... man I wish I could attend your party.

I'm on the West Coast (California). I'm in on TH, and I own WOZLE too. I'm a JJP fan boy... Yes! I said it, no regrets. I think JJ has done an awesome job with WOZ and I can't wait for TH.

Enjoy the party. I look forward to reading the reviews.

Kerry

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good, awesome, great.
I couldn't care less about a pinball machine that is based on a nine hour trilogy that is based on a 320 page book. What's next? A 12 hour miniseries based on a letter J.R.R. Tolkien wrote to his nephew in 1963?
End rant.

The Silmarillion has been announced to be a 72 part movie series. Rumor has it that JJP already has the license for The Silmarillion pin and will ask Keith to create code for the game for the next 50 years with the final update being pre-configured to auto upload to the JJP support site in 2160 for the final films release. The games code is said to compose 1,000 modes, 72 movie multiball modes, 20 mini wizard modes and a main wizard mode that not even NASA's super computer can beat in simulated games. All game code is to be stored on a 4 x 5TB RAID 5 SSD configuration for speed as well as reliability.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2014/10/07/peter-jackson-announces-plans-for-72-part-movie-series-of-the-silmarillion/

I should of saved this for April 1st, haha.

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Silmarillion has been announced to be a 72 part movie series. Rumor has it that JJP already has the license for The Silmarillion pin and will ask Keith to create code for the game for the next 50 years with the final update being pre-configured to auto upload to the JJP support site in 2160 for the final films release. The games code is said to compose 1,000 modes, 72 movie multiball modes, 20 mini wizard modes and a main wizard mode that not even NASA's super computer can beat in simulated games. All game code is to be stored on a 4 x 5TB RAID 5 SSD configuration for speed as well as reliability.
http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2014/10/07/peter-jackson-announces-plans-for-72-part-movie-series-of-the-silmarillion/
I should of saved this for April 1st, haha.

What about all the TOYS?

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good, awesome, great.
End rant.

Maybe you should hang out somewhere else, then? Why be in this thread at all if The Hobbit bothers you that much? There is no shortage of other threads on Pinside.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It looks the same, am I missing something?

you are both right

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I couldn't care less about a pinball machine that is based on a nine hour trilogy that is based on a 320 page book.

Well, obviously you have extraordinarily high standards when it comes to your pinball AND literary works (Jurassic Park).... but note that SOME of us (I dunno, maybe 150,000,000 or so) are Tolkien fans.

I just wish there was SOME way you weren't forced to read (and participate) in threads like this where you have no interest.... If there was just SOME mechanism by which you could only read the threads that interest you....Maybe some day....

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, obviously you have extraordinarily high standards when it comes to your pinball AND literary works (Jurassic Park).... but note that SOME of us (I dunno, maybe 150,000,000 or so) are Tolkien fans.
I just wish there was SOME way you weren't forced to read (and participate) in threads like this where you have no interest.... If there was just SOME mechanism by which you could only read the threads that interest you....Maybe some day....

What is a "Tolkien"?

#4587 4 years ago

The thing you use in the subway...

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Actually, this thread interests me a great deal. I think Pat Lawlor is the greatest pinball designer ever. I understand others may disagree, but that's fine. So, you see, in order for JJP to release ANY information about Lawlor's next game, we first need the Hobbit to be released.

Does that clear it up for you?

Oh, and by the way, I think Tolkien's work is amazing. I just don't think they needed to stretch a 320 page book into nine hours worth of movie. Just my opinion.

#4589 4 years ago

What year is this game going to be shipped to customers?

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The thing you use in the subway...

These days it's a Ventra card. I still have a few NY Transit and CTA tokens laying around.

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Actually, this thread interests me a great deal. I think Pat Lawlor is the greatest pinball designer ever. I understand others may disagree, but that's fine. So, you see, in order for JJP to release ANY information about Lawlor's next game, we first need the Hobbit to be released.
Does that clear it up for you?
Oh, and by the way, I think Tolkien's work is amazing. I just don't think they needed to stretch a 320 page book into nine hours worth of movie. Just my opinion.

Usally when books are translated into movies, they have to cut things to fit it into 2 hours. I think it's refreshing for the opposite to occur once in a while. And if not refreshing, certainly not a travesty.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Usally when books are translated into movies, they have to cut things to fit it into 2 hours. I think it's refreshing for the opposite to occur once in a while. And if not refreshing, certainly not a travesty.

I'm not okay with this at all. Again, this is just my opinion, but why would I want to pay two, even three times, what I would normally have to pay in order to see one story unfold on the big screen? This awful trend started with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, has continued with The Hobbit and The Hunger Games, and will continue with The Avengers 3. Hollywood saw people were willing to shell out over $20 to see essentially one story filled with garbage in order to make two (and in the case of The Hobbit, three) movies, and they are going to run all the way to the bank with it.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Actually, this thread interests me a great deal..

Nice try....

Sharing that "you couldn't care less" about the pinball machine THIS THREAD IS ABOUT just makes you look silly. And, frankly negates any other qualifiers you'd like to backpedal into now....

There's other threads already about JJP#3, try the search function....

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Nice try....
Sharing that "you couldn't care less" about the pinball machine THIS THREAD IS ABOUT just makes you look silly. And, frankly negates any other qualifiers you'd like to backpedal into now....
There's other threads already about JJP#3, try the search function....

I have tried the search function. Better yet, I created a thread based on news pertaining to JJP #3. Those threads are dead. This one has news on the machine that is essentially a roadblock when it comes to JJP #3. Hence the reason I'm here.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm not okay with this at all. Again, this is just my opinion, but why would I want to pay two, even three times, what I would normally have to pay in order to see one story unfold on the big screen? This awful trend started with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, has continued with The Hobbit and The Hunger Games, and will continue with The Avengers 3. Hollywood saw people were willing to shell out over $20 to see essentially one story filled with garbage in order to make two (and in the case of The Hobbit, three) movies, and they are going to run all the way to the bank with it.

ummm..... because you enjoy "entertainment" Stick to books

#4596 4 years ago

I use to get through the whole magic kingdom in 5 hours in the 70's, now those bastards have added so much more entertainment ,rides and shows, it takes 2 days....if I want.....

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

ummm..... because you enjoy "entertainment" Stick to books

So it's impossible to be a fan of books AND movies? Yeesh, tough crowd.

#4598 4 years ago

I don't say this often, but I agree with the dirtbag over there.

From the critics to the everyday movie-goer, everyone said there were scenes and bits that could and perhaps should have been left out.

I felt like an idiot for buying the first Hobbit movie on bluray and even dumber for buying the second. I still haven't seen the newest, and frankly at this point I'm ok with that. If I could trade the other 2 movies for anything, a cheeseburger, skydiving, whatever, I would.

That being said, my excitement for the pin has since waned as well. I sold my HUO LOTR in anticipation of buying TH. That is a decision I don't regret, but I both rue and lament it.

I can't wait for Hobbit to be released just to see what Pat has in store. He's the Rube Goldberg of pinball designers in my eyes, and I can't wait to see what he has been doing.

#4599 4 years ago

Edit: double post

#4600 4 years ago

And here I thought with all this activity we had some actual news I'll check back Saturday.

Any pics PinballSTAR could post from the event would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to see video of a toothed Smaug in action

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside