47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 201.
#4451 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's funny because I can think of quite a few things I'd like to see. Pics of the final game, confirmation of when JJP expects to start manufacturing and delivery status of parts would be a great start.

Who says you have not seen pics of the final game. Delivery status of parts don't you think JJP has better thing to do.

#4452 9 years ago

One thing that can be said is that Keith has had a BUNCH of time to work on code, so if it does ship in April/May it should be pretty feature rich and WAY further along then WoZ was at its release.

I think an update from Jack is overdue here.

#4453 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Who says you have not seen pics of the final game. Delivery status of parts don't you think JJP has better thing to do.

Hope not, haven't seen any teeth in Smaug yet. That is easiest thing to point out but there are other areas that were or have already been changed. Estimate of what % complete the rules and graphics are would probably interest a few buyers.

And no, I don't think JJP has a more important a task than to keep their customers informed on the progress made towards completing a $8k product, announced a long time ago and paid for over 2013 and 2014. JJP has 20+ employees so surely (Shirley) someone can be assigned the task of spending a few hours to compile an update for us, without slowing the ship. Sheesh, this isn't Predator which is pretty much being run by one guy. One problem JJP faces is one caused by the general state of the pinball industry - delays, missed deadlines, lies and lack of credible info by so many offenders, that people want to see proof of progress and not just someone claiming things are fine. As such, Jack is looked to for setting a new standard and to perform better than the average manufacturer. IMHO another major update is needed and am certain it would prove a welcome sight by many.

#4454 9 years ago

Don't call me Shirley.

#4455 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hope not, haven't seen any teeth in Smaug yet.

There's a whole thread on it, Smaug has teeth.

#4456 9 years ago

I think he means in the game (completed). I don't mind the delay in updates if they are still finalizing it. If not why not just show it? My thoughts are they are still in pre production clean up/detailing.

#4457 9 years ago

I am sure things are moving along very smoothly for JJP. I believe IMHO he is waiting for either the release party in PA that was delayed because of weather, or he is waiting for the release of the DVD to come out in April. Personally I think he was delayed on releasing any info due to the weather since TH was the main reason fort the release party. Why spoil all the fun. I am sure we will hear something from Jack at the party.

#4458 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I am sure things are moving along very smoothly for JJP.

Hope you're right. It doesn't seem like much of anything in the world of pinball moves very smoothly, especially at start-ups.

#4459 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

or he is waiting for the release of the DVD

I have a bridge to sell you.
Pretty sure that as soon as they can they will roll out. Delays should be expected given everyone demanded changes. Thats a good thing but changes take time.

#4460 9 years ago

Update would be nice

#4461 9 years ago

I'm going to hold my breath until I get an update.

#4462 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I'm going to hold my breath until I get an update.

R.I.P.

#4463 9 years ago

I don't "know" this, but my assumption is that 3rd movie assets will be added as an update at a later date. They only get those assets when the film is released. They can't be expected to incorporate them immediately.

#4464 9 years ago

Well, the next Hobbit prototype reveal is rescheduled for 3-14 after last week's event was postponed due to weather. Here's hoping that I can corner Jack and ferret out some details on the Windlance button and Bag End. More to come...

#4465 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Well, the next Hobbit prototype reveal is rescheduled for 3-14 after last week's event was postponed due to weather. Here's hoping that I can corner Jack and ferret out some details on the Windlance button and Bag End. More to come...

Who said it was the windlance button??

#4466 9 years ago

the next Hobbit prototype

So after two years there are still on the prototype

#4467 9 years ago

Anyone waiting on Lawlor's machine should think twice.

#4468 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It is all in the name. Prototype, pre production model.......Let's just hope that the game will ship soon. The other discussions are getting old.

#4469 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

It is all in the name. Prototype, pre production model.......Let's just hope that the game will ship soon. The other discussions are getting old.

Are you in for a bet pinballrulez? I have a strong feeling I will have my TBL earlier than you your TH...

#4470 9 years ago

TH second/third quarter 2015 Pat's game second/third quarter 2016.

#4471 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Who said it was the windlance button??

I talked with Jen from JJP and asked her to clarify what purpose the button on the lockdown bar serves. She stated it will operate the Windlance; she also mused that, to her knowledge, Bag End is complete. Bag End looks barren to me which is why I want to speak with Jack at the PinballStar reveal on March 14th. I'm hoping for more there.

Quoted from ek77:

Per Jen, until The Hobbit goes into production all iterations of the pin we see are considered prototypes. To my knowledge, production is scheduled to begin in late March which is when we will see production games. Riddle me this: why do you care so passionately about a release date for a pin you're not buying? This is about the fiftieth time I’ve seen you complain about the production timetable. It’s evident that buyers of TH (myself included) accept the delay in favor of a more polished final product. Other than to stifle your incessant puling and whining, what difference does it make to you if the game ships next week or in two years from now? My prediction: once Hobbit ships you’ll start bitching about Pat’s game. Go away. Please.

#4472 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Are you in for a bet pinballrulez? I have a strong feeling I will have my TBL earlier than you your TH...

You sure do I think with all your connections

#4473 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Is that with or without intellectual property infringements?

#4474 9 years ago

I talked with Jen from JJP and asked her to clarify what purpose the button on the lockdown bar serves. She stated it will operate the Windlance; she also mused that, to her knowledge, Bag End is complete. Bag End looks barren to me which is why I want to speak with Jack at the PinballStar reveal on March 14th. I'm hoping for more there.

Bag End complete the way it was last seen? ... Brutal...

#4475 9 years ago

Is that with or without intellectual property infringements?

Can I have my Hobbit *with* intellectual property infringements?

#4476 9 years ago

The third movie release? Remember it had to be released, contractually mind you, by the end of last year. Then a typical "three month" delay was announced. Probably to be followed by another three month delay. IMO, I'm surprised everyone hasn't realized by now you can't trust any delivery dates out of JJP. When the first group of customers gets their machines you should have yours within a year. Give or take three months

#4477 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Bag End complete the way it was last seen? ... Brutal...

I'm in for a SE but to me, I don't even see Bag End. Just looks like an open shot to the pops to me. Calling it "Bag End" seems like a stretch imo.

#4478 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The third movie release? Remember it had to be released, contractually mind you,

No. Wrong. That's pure conjecture. Show me where JJP ever stated a contractual obligation.

Quoted from chessiv:

When the first group of customers gets their machines you should have yours within a year. Give or take three months

Wrong again. Once production begins, JJP will ship approximately 50 games per week.

Quoted from chessiv:

I'm surprised everyone hasn't realized by now you can't trust any delivery dates out of JJP.

Can someone please explain to me why people obsess over production dates when they're not buying the game? I just don't get it. Am I interested in TBL? Yes! From what I've seen, the game looks pretty amazing. Do I want to see Skit-B make a fun pin in Predator. Of course. Here is what you won't see: me in one of those threads complaining about when Skit-B will ship its game. Why would I do that when I'm not "in" on the pin? Join a sewing circle, why don't you...and bitch to the house fraus!

#4479 9 years ago

Once production begins, JJP will ship approximately 50 games per week.

Can I have what you're smoking?

#4480 9 years ago

No. Wrong. That's pure conjecture. Show me where JJP ever stated a contractual obligation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-jjp-game-before-hobbit/page/4

#4481 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm in for a SE but to me, I don't even see Bag End. Just looks like an open shot to the pops to me. Calling it "Bag End" seems like a stretch imo.

Exactly my point...that area is unfinished... but apparently that's good enough by JJPs new standards.

That area was named "Bag End" in the original drawings....

#4482 9 years ago

Quoted from JerseyJack:

5- unlike WOZ, we are on track with the game. We are contractually bound to ship when the third movie opens.

I love how this statement from Jack somehow became pinside conjecture over time....

lol...

So to quote you right back,

"No, YOU'RE wrong."

#4483 9 years ago

Can someone please explain to me why people obsess over production dates when they're not buying the game? I just don't get it.

Let me help you.

You see, believe it or not, there's a crazy fringe element of the pinball community that buy pinball machines after they've actually SEEN a production model and (shock) PLAYED one.

So, crazy as it might seem, some people are interested in this title that didn't choose to send their money in as soon as a title is released.

#4484 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I love how this statement from Jack somehow became pinside conjecture over time....
lol...
So to quote you right back,
"No, YOUR wrong."

You're.

#4485 9 years ago

I was being ironical.

#4487 9 years ago

I hear production begins in April. Bag End is still better than the Shire on LOTR. Going to be the deepest game ever!

#4489 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Going to be the deepest game ever!

SOMETHING is getting deep- that's for sure

#4490 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I hear production begins in April. Bag End is still better than the Shire on LOTR.

Good catch. I never actually noticed that they're both at the same level of lameness, and LOTR is still a great game. I guess it can't ALL be good - you can pick one thing on every great game that sucks.

#4491 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

you can pick one thing on every great game that sucks.

I am a fan of LOTR, but I've always thought the Path of the Dead mini-playfield is next to useless.

#4492 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am a fan of LOTR, but I've always thought the Path of the Dead mini-playfield is next to useless.

couldn't agree more drove me nuts and had to sell!

#4493 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

George Gomez made it even more useless in BDK a few years later. At least in Indiana Jones you can tilt the mini playfield with the flippers and there is some rewards for doing it right.

It do not bother me that much in lotr, though. At least with the path of the dead light mod it looks good

#4494 9 years ago

Wrong again. Once production begins, JJP will ship approximately 50 games per week.

Can someone please explain to me why people obsess over production dates when they're not buying the game? I just don't get it. Am I interested in TBL? Yes! From what I've seen, the game looks pretty amazing. Do I want to see Skit-B make a fun pin in Predator. Of course. Here is what you won't see: me in one of those threads complaining about when Skit-B will ship its game. Why would I do that when I'm not "in" on the pin? Join a sewing circle, why don't you...and bitch to the house fraus!

Since everyone else corrected you I won't bother. Facts suck sometimes and I understand certain people don't want to hear them but they remain facts.

#4495 9 years ago

Since JJP did not meet their "contractual obligation"; I wonder what the penalty is?

#4496 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Since JJP did not meet their "contractual obligation"; I wonder what the penalty is?

I don't know what the "penalty" will be but what ever that "penalty" will be, it will probably be a lot better for JJP to pay that "penalty".

If JJP had not retooled Hobbit I was out for sure as I'm sure many others would have been as well. We will all get a better game because JJP did not meet their "contractual obligation" and I'm all good with that.

#4497 9 years ago

No penalty if it never existed. Either way the game needed and was improved on.

#4498 9 years ago

Are you guys saying that someone may have been fibbing about a contractual obligation?

#4499 9 years ago

Not surprisingly, it is actually you who is wrong.

For someone who likes to act as though he knows a lot about JJP, you sure don't know much about JJP.

#4500 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Some contracts have specific clauses for liquidated damages ("LDs"), where missing a milestone can be especially onerous for one party. (For example, an expensive offshore oil installation can easily incur damages of $500,000/day if the installation vessels switch to stand-by mode due to delays instead of completing a scheduled activity, because one additional day in the field for the vessel owner can have a detrimental knock-on effect on downstream projects for other customers.)

Nevertheless, LDs can sometimes be negotiated away through a contract amendment before a milestone is missed, if it is intentionally missed for a compelling reason. For example, in this case, JJP could have argued, "Based upon vocal feedback from potential buyers, we'd like to delay the release by 3 more months, but the design changes that we are incorporating will maximize your licensing royalties by maximizing overall sales, and we'll still hit the DVD release date."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.