47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 201.
#4401 9 years ago

Here's what I bought for my SE...Smaug overkill Almost 2 foot wide so should fit perfect on top.

smaug limited.jpgsmaug limited.jpg

#4402 9 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Here's what I bought for my SE...Smaug overkill Almost 2 foot wide so should fit perfect on top.

smaug limited.jpg 58 KB

That is going to be very nice.

#4403 9 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

smaug limited.jpg 58 KB

Have you opened that thing yet? Because I thought it was a great idea until I saw what the people on Amazon were saying. Supposedly it looks much smaller than you expect it to...

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Hobbit-Battle-Armies-Poseable/dp/B00PE29BH2/ref=sr_1_1

#4404 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have you opened that thing yet? Because I thought it was a great idea until I saw what the people on Amazon were saying. Supposedly it looks much smaller than you expect it to...
amazon.com link »

Damn, was excited to see this toy, would have been an awesome topper, but read the reviews, ouch...They are pissed.

Toyboy, please let us know how this looks.

#4405 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Supposedly it looks much smaller than you expect it to...

This, incidentally, is what I say to my wife all the time.

#4406 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This, incidentally, is what I say to my wife all the time.

10959748_10153132841735086_755739165238196632_n.jpg10959748_10153132841735086_755739165238196632_n.jpg

image.pngimage.png

302516.jpg302516.jpg
#4407 9 years ago

So, when is this game actually going to be released? Forgive the rude or countless time any of us have heard this question. I keep hearing "It's coming!", but I have a hard time believing it anymore.
Can anyone put me on the path?

#4408 9 years ago

My dream machine would be one with a pre clear coated pf installed by someone like Kruzman

#4409 9 years ago

Between the wishful thinkers and the negative Nancys, it will come between now and never.

#4410 9 years ago
Quoted from L_satan:

So, when is this game actually going to be released? Forgive the rude or countless time any of us have heard this question. I keep hearing "It's coming!", but I have a hard time believing it anymore.
Can anyone put me on the path?

#4411 9 years ago

Back in 2013 I heard 2014. What I'm gathering is, no one knows. That's too bad. Hope it happens.

#4412 9 years ago
Quoted from L_satan:

Back in 2013 I heard 2014. What I'm gathering is, no one knows. That's too bad. Hope it happens.

Well...true dat. But you actually heard December 17, 2014, when the movie was released. That's almost 2015. They're four months behind schedule, I think. My original prediction in December of an April release will still hold true.

#4413 9 years ago

Thanks, beelzeboob.
Does anyone know what is holding JJP up? Could it be licensing and estate royalties? I've always thought boutique pinball would do much better to create an unlicensed game--the audience is waiting for one, and no rights to deal with.

#4414 9 years ago

Well, first of all, Warner Brothers has said that JJP can't use any of the stuff from the third film until the DVD comes out. That's a problem right there. Plus, I think they've been tweaking the game based on all the feedback since Expo, and that's created design and layout changes that required holding off on ordering parts. Now, AFAIK, everything is basically the way it will be in production, so they're waiting on all the parts to arrive so they can begin assembly.

The only unknown is that Jack has said he was holding something back from the Bag End area, and of course, we haven't seen the windlance button in action yet. Other than that, I think the game is what it is.

#4415 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...true dat. But you actually heard December 17, 2014, when the movie was released. That's almost 2015. They're four months behind schedule, I think. My original prediction in December of an April release will still hold true.

So shipping out in ten weeks or less. When will the last game ship that is what will make or break JJP.

#4416 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, first of all, Warner Brothers has said that JJP can't use any of the stuff from the third film until the DVD comes out. That's a problem right there. Plus, I think they've been tweaking the game based on all the feedback since Expo, and that's created design and layout changes that required holding off on ordering parts. Now, AFAIK, everything is basically the way it will be in production, so they're waiting on all the parts to arrive so they can begin assembly.
The only unknown is that Jack has said he was holding something back from the Bag End area, and of course, we haven't seen the windlance button in action yet. Other than that, I think the game is what it is.

Don't forget the upper and lower deverters.

#4417 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

So shipping out in ten weeks or less. When will the last game ship that is what will make or break JJP.

Before they start shipping Pat's game.

#4418 9 years ago

I was told by my distributor that he expects the game to be in Australia around July-Aug.

#4419 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Before they start shipping Pat's game.

Pat's game is what I am waiting to see how things go.No pre pay fast shipping makes JJP a whole different company.

#4420 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Pat's game is what I am waiting to see how things go.No pre pay fast shipping makes JJP a whole different company.

This would be great to see! The lack of updates on pat's game makes me feel like they may be lining up some "home-run" level news after the hobbit.

#4422 9 years ago

I was told May as well.

#4423 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

This would be great to see! The lack of updates on pat's game makes me feel like they may be lining up some "home-run" level news after the hobbit.

Plus don't forget you don't the anticipation of your future product to cannibalize the sales of your current product. The Hobbit has dug a deep hole in JJP's wallet and Jack wants to maximize current sales for sure. Keeping the doors of the kitchen closed to line up to home run level after the hobbit is the latter IMO.

#4424 9 years ago

My guess is that the only hold up now is getting all the parts for the game. I am hoping/guessing for a late March/early April production start.

I heard they plan on making ca 50 games a week when everything is set up. Should take ca 8 months for 1500 machines if they can keep up that impressive speed. That takes us to the end of 2015, so one year from now it will be Pat's game on the assembly line.

That is my guess, anyway.

#4425 9 years ago

If they wait till Expo at least to show Pat's game, that at least gives Hobbit some time to shine and sell.

#4426 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Plus don't forget you don't the anticipation of your future product to cannibalize the sales of your current product. The Hobbit has dug a deep hole in JJP's wallet and Jack wants to maximize current sales for sure. Keeping the doors of the kitchen closed to line up to home run level after the hobbit is the latter IMO.

Except that Pat's game isn't likely to take sales away from The Hobbit at this point. It's more likely that people waiting for his game will purchase another title instead if we go too much longer without any info.

I'm certainly hoping for a home run, but a little concerned that without some early info and opportunities for comments/improvements like we saw with TH that we may get a ground rule double instead.

#4427 9 years ago

I was hoping to get my Hobbit in December to keep me occupied during this long deep freeze winter we are having here up in NY. Unfortunitly I find my self sitting here scratching my head infront of a computer looking for more info on when this thing will be getting shipped.

#4428 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except that Pat's game isn't likely to take sales away from The Hobbit at this point. It's more likely that people waiting for his game will purchase another title instead if we go too much longer without any info.

Well, with awesome stuff in the pipeline like Wrestlemania and Experts of Dangerous....

Um yeah..... I think Pat's game is safe for now.

I would frankly rather hear ZERO about it until i can see/buy one. Dribbles of info have totally turned me off for TH....

And, if Pat's game rocks, people will find a place for it in their collection, even if it means selling a recently purchased machine....

#4429 9 years ago

Last I heard from 2 different distributors was goal of late March/early April production. I'm in on first batch to my distributor...

#4430 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, with awesome stuff in the pipeline like Wrestlemania and Experts of Dangerous....

Admittedly O/T...

In the PIPELINE?

From my perspective, Experts of Dangerous appears to be a PIPE dream, and Wrestlemania is already coming off the production LINE. Other than that, I don't see too much in common between the two pins.

#4431 9 years ago

NEEEEEEED SOME NEWS ABOUT THE HOBBIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

#4432 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I would frankly rather hear ZERO about it until i can see/buy one. Dribbles of info have totally turned me off for TH....

And, if Pat's game rocks, people will find a place for it in their collection, even if it means selling a recently purchased machine....

#4433 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

+ 1

#4434 9 years ago

Any updates? New pics? New video? Something positive to report???

Need my Hobbit fix!!!!

#4435 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Need my Hobbit fix!!!!

I know the feeling

#4436 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Any updates? New pics? New video? Something positive to report???
Need my Hobbit fix!!!!

Quoted from B9:

I know the feeling

Nothing at the moment, not even on the JJP forum
Hope to hear sometime soon. I am ready for the Hobbit

#4437 9 years ago

Should start shipping in April

#4438 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Should start shipping in April

Any real confirmation on that?

#4439 9 years ago

April 1st i hear

#4440 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

April 1st i hear

Now you're just FOOLing around with us.

#4441 9 years ago

No seriously heard April very reliable source too

#4442 9 years ago

....pinball is not known' when it will come' produced...but Guarnieri keeps on asking the money!!!!!......

#4443 9 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

....pinball is not known' when it will come' produced...but Guarnieri keeps on asking the money!!!!!......

Well, that's Italians for you...right?

#4444 9 years ago

to make sense of better beelzeboob

#4445 9 years ago

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Blu-ray is set for release on 3/24/15, so at this point we're not going to see any units shipping before then, that's for sure.

If they're waiting on updated parts to come in, or just holding off to ship with code that encompasses all three films......I get that. But the no update silence is deafening & it's a bit disappointing for everyone. It's not just on here, but on the Google group as well.

I'm sure they already have at least one build of a final production table with all the changes & updated parts. They had a professional photo shoot take place over a month ago. Throw us a bone & release those finalized marketing materials. How about Keefer officially comments on how the code is coming together? That small gesture would make alot of us happy until production starts

#4446 9 years ago

Off topic: glad Zen Pinball has released 2 original themed pins

So kill some time with playing those on the PS4.
Check out what a dragon can do

#4447 9 years ago

That western theme is cool.

#4448 9 years ago

A news-letter soon would be cool. No news letter so far in 2015. At this time they are probably just waiting for parts so not that much to report, though.

They might be waiting with news until they have a confirmed building start date but anything would be better than nothing. I am not concerned at all for the Hobbit. I believe it will be great and the wait will soon be over but I do enjoy the newsletters

#4449 9 years ago

The game is done so the only update left is shipping date.

#4450 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is done so the only update left is shipping date.

That's funny because I can think of quite a few things I'd like to see. Pics of the final game, confirmation of when JJP expects to start manufacturing and delivery status of parts would be a great start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.