Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 201.
#4251 5 years ago

It may also be that the pops are implemented in so many other modes and multiballs, that it makes more sense that not all of them are barrels. Im not sure if I want to see barrels pop up and down if, for example, the popbumpers is used to kill Azog. (Not that I ever will get that far with the glass on )

#4252 5 years ago

I'd rather have the barrels. I really liked those before they got tinkered with.

If you think you prefer generic, you can replace the barrels with regular jet bumper caps at 3.00 $ each and I'll buy your tossed away barrels to use on my other jet bumper

#4253 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It sucks that you have to mod your $9000 pinball machine just to finish what should have been done to begin with. The one pop bumper needs a figure on it, it looks like ass. The book is placed poorly, its little things like this that are making me question this purchase. Jack if you're reading, with a higher price tag comes higher expectations. I don't care if the machine weighs 3 thousand pounds, that does not make me feel like I getting my moneys worth. Great artwork, innovative toys and monster rulesets is where I get my moneys worth.

Spot on. I don't feel the same sense of value or wonder with The Hobbit as I did with WOZ and that is the main reason I gave my preorder to someone else. If the Smaug head cost $200 to buy then where is the other $8800 in the machine? I'm sure a decent chunk of change is going towards code development and license cost for not only the film but music from Two Steps From Hell as well. However, with WOZECLE we got a clear coated wood apron and a topper yet neither are present in TH which has a higher price tag. If the money for a clear coated wood apron and topper went back into the games toys and features I don't see it.

As for Smaug if he couldn't have been hit by a pinball due to the license (SPOILER FROM 3RD FILM....) restrictions yet get killed by an arrow in the 3rd film then I would have chose an entirely different toy that could be. The damn dragon gets hit by exploding pots in the second film along with being covered in liquid gold and has a giant arrow shot through his heart in the 3rd film yet a tiny pinball can't hit him...the licencors are ridiculous.

I apologize for coming off critical about the game as I do think it will still be a fun game. My criticism towards TH only stems from it's price tag mainly due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and the emphasis placed on drop targets versus other unique toys, features and shots. I do believe that TH will receive a monster ruleset thanks to Keith and Ted. The rules those two create along with animations from JP will bring this game alive and make it a very addicting and fun game to play.

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Spot on. I don't feel the same sense of value or wonder with The Hobbit as I did with WOZ and that is the main reason I gave my preorder to someone else. If the Smaug head cost $200 to buy then where is the other $8800 in the machine? I'm sure a decent chunk of change is going towards code development and license cost for not only the film but music from Two Steps From Hell as well. However, with WOZECLE we got a clear coated wood apron and a topper yet neither are present in TH which has a higher price tag. If the money for a clear coated wood apron and topper went back into the games toys and features I don't see it.
As for Smaug if he couldn't have been hit by a pinball due to the license (SPOILER FROM 3RD FILM....) restrictions yet get killed by an arrow in the 3rd film then I would have chose an entirely different toy that could be. The damn dragon gets hit by exploding pots in the second film along with being covered in liquid gold and has a giant arrow shot through his heart in the 3rd film yet a tiny pinball can't hit him...the licencors are ridiculous.
I apologize for coming off critical about the game as I do think it will still be a fun game. My criticism towards TH only stems from it's price tag mainly due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and the emphasis placed on drop targets versus other unique toys, features and shots. I do believe that TH will receive a monster ruleset thanks to Keith and Ted. The rules those two create along with animations from JP will bring this game alive and make it a very addicting and fun game to play.

I still think that the people who got in early at $7,500 like me are getting one hell of a game for there money!

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like Jack found margins on a toy filled game slim or none.Future JJP games may be no WOZ.

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Looks like Jack found margins on a toy filled game slim or none.Future JJP games may be no WOZ.

Ah! So you finally admit that WOZ is awesome?

#4257 5 years ago

We can discuss endlessly about if what you get is worth your money. For me it cannot be based on toys only, as toys are highly overrated. It is the total package. And for all pins I played in over 38 years, visuals and toys can be nice or even great, but as far as I am concerned do not have the biggest influence on the fun factor of a game.

Concerning TH, yes it has been a bumpy ride. If you are still riding you probably decided it is worth the wait to see the final total package. Could it have been better, maybe but no one knows as we still have not seen the finished product. So only time will tell.............

#4258 5 years ago

I hate the "Hobbit is the heaviest game ever!" thing, but has anyone actually looked at the bottom of the playfield? It's not cheaped out. Whether or not it was wise to spend the BOM on all those actuated drop targets or not remains to be seen. This isn't a cheaped out game.

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It sucks that you have to mod your $9000 pinball machine just to finish what should have been done to begin with.

Agree, here is hoping we get more molded items and things to help fill out the playfield a bit more. I like all the updates and changes, but feel for the price tag it should have a couple more molded items like 3rd pop cap barrel, bag end mold and some more in a couple areas to fill it out more. But I am sure a couple more things are in the pipeline prior to its final release.

#4260 5 years ago

I wouldn't get your hopes up about further changes. The schedule was already pushed back to get the changes we've seen. Could some things have been better? Yeah, probably. God knows they could have been a heck of a lot worse.

It's been a bumpy road, with a lot of second guessing, but I'm personally really excited that I got in early. I can't wait to have this game in my home.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if the game you've seen doesn't excite you, don't buy it. If it does, do.

It's as simple as that.

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

We can discuss endlessly about if what you get is worth your money. For me it cannot be based on toys only, as toys are highly overrated. It is the total package. And for all pins I played in over 38 years, visuals and toys can be nice or even great, but as far as I am concerned do not have the biggest influence on the fun factor of a game.
Concerning TH, yes it has been a bumpy ride. If you are still riding you probably decided it is worth the wait to see the final total package. Could it have been better, maybe but no one knows as we still have not seen the finished product. So only time will tell.............

Just what do you think you will see change at this point all is done but code

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Just what do you think you will see change at this point all is done but code

I do not expect to see anything. Things that will certainly improve are sound, SFX and rules. Animations are already great and will only get better. If other changes are made that will be a bonus.

I got a nice spot reserved in the living room and hope to see TH there before the summer. Time for production.

#4263 5 years ago

For those that are worried about the game, ask yourself this. After the problems/issues/negativity Jack got from WOZ (some if not most of which we now know was due to suppliers and not directly his fault) do you think he's going to ship a game out the factory door that isn't very good? Doing so would seem to be murder for his company. He has all the incentive in the world to make this a killer game. He's been quoted tons of times saying WOZ will be the worst game they ever make. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and have a feeling this is going to be a KILLER game. I've vested in it so of course this is going to be my stance, but logically it does make sense that he wouldn't just say F it and put out a turd.

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For those that are worried about the game, ask yourself this. After the problems/issues/negativity Jack got from WOZ (some if not most of which we now know was due to suppliers and not directly his fault) do you think he's going to ship a game out the factory door that isn't very good? Doing so would seem to be murder for his company. He has all the incentive in the world to make this a killer game. He's been quoted tons of times saying WOZ will be the worst game they ever make. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and have a feeling this is going to be a KILLER game. I've vested in it so of course this is going to be my stance, but logically it does make sense that he wouldn't just say F it and put out a turd.

I'd be shocked if this game is better than WOZ. I'm still getting it, though, because I think it looks great and I love the theme. I'm just wondering if it will have that "just one more" feel to it, or if I end up selling it pretty quickly.

#4265 5 years ago

It already is better than Woz as far as I am concerned and I haven't even played it yet.

#4266 5 years ago

the fact that it is not woz immediately makes any game better than woz

#4267 5 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It already is better than Woz as far as I am concerned and I haven't even played it yet.

Have to agree, the theme alone already makes it a better WOZ.

#4268 5 years ago

well I used to talk a little junk about WOZ because I thought the theme was so lame...and then I played a friend's Ruby Red WOZ and WOW. That game was gorgeous, and fun. Seemed like it has tons to do. But yes, Hobbit is about 100x better a theme IMO.

#4269 5 years ago

I have a Ruby woz and am very happy with it but I am very unhappy with the Hobbit, I hope Samug eat balls, and also that the four hatches serve as a target and as corridors below playfiled , then if it had been a fantastic pinball what a shame that such a good theme every effort has been devoted to drop targets and dont special toys

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

well I used to talk a little junk about WOZ because I thought the theme was so lame...and then I played a friend's Ruby Red WOZ and WOW. That game was gorgeous, and fun. Seemed like it has tons to do. But yes, Hobbit is about 100x better a theme IMO.

I enjoy playing woz, it is a fun game.

#4271 5 years ago

If you read the early pg of this thread you will see this game fell far short of expectations.

#4272 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you read the early pg of this thread you will see this game fell far short of expectations.

Just to inform people u like talking shit... U have no interest in buying a Jjp game u have never owned one and u jump in every thread to shit on them....u have a agenda and it's not to help pinball at all...just pointing these things out about u like u like to point things out

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

U have no inside info on company margins pure speculation shit talking

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Fell short? How can u claim something like that about a uncompleted game that has yet to even ship.. When the code is done and 1500 people have them in their homes the jury will be out

#4275 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just to inform people u like talking shit... U have no interest in buying a Jjp game u have never owned one and u jump in every thread to shit on them....u have a agenda and it's not to help pinball at all...just pointing these things out about u like u like to point things out

I've never understood this on pinside either I'm not buying a TBL and thus I really have zero interest in the pin's development and progress, don't get me wrong I want everyone who ordered it to get the pin and meet all their expectations but since I'm not buying, who gives a shit. I certainly wouldn't go on those threads and talk trash. Anyway back to the Hobbit which is looking great to me and I can't wait to get it in my house.

#4276 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've never understood this on pinside either I'm not buying a TBL and thus I really have zero interest in the pin's development and progress, don't get me wrong I want everyone who ordered it to get the pin and meet all their expectations but since I'm not buying, who gives a shit. I certainly wouldn't go on those threads and talk trash. Anyway back to the Hobbit which is looking great to me and I can't wait to get it in my house.

Hope they make tbl it's only good for people that they succeed

#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

u like talking shit

Do you really think people would be happy with the book if not for the crappy piece of plasic at expo. like I have said this is no WOZ

Post edited by moderator

two hour thread eject.

#4278 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I don't need to talk shit that clusterfuck at expo did it for me. Do you really think people would be happy with the book if not for the crappy piece of plasic at expo. like I have said this is no WOZ

You're a really mean person.

#4279 5 years ago

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ek’s posts = sound and fury, signifying nothing. Question for you Ek, ole' buddy: does the 77 in your handle signify the average number of grammatical errors in your forum messages? If so, you probably need to change your name to Ek477.

#4281 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What is new is news the thing with JJP is date of announcement of game and shipment is far longer then Stern that the thread going

What is new is news? What the hell does that mean? Do you even edit your writing before clicking "send post?"

As a pinball aficionado, I can understand you have an interest in gameplay, design, toys, etc. You want the final iteration of the pin to look good and, more importantly, be fun to play. I get that. But to continually obsess over production schedules when you're not even getting TH? That, like most everything you write, simply makes no sense to me.

#4282 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What is new is news the thing with JJP is date of announcement of game and shipment is far longer then Stern that the thread going

I trouble having understanding what you or saying unless read twice

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I trouble having understanding what you or saying unless read twice

I read it four times and I still don't have any idea what it says.

#4284 5 years ago

I see nothing they type unless someone quotes it. Stop quoting the trolls!

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I see nothing they type unless someone quotes it. Stop quoting the trolls!

If you ignore someone even their quotes are obscured, what are you talking about? It's one of the brilliant features of Pinside.

#4286 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What's this jibberish supposed to say at the end...
Stern that the thread going

.... U never have and never will buy a jjp game. Do people a favor, just start every jjp post you do with this sentence.
"I'm here to crap on jjp." Then your postings will have some meaning!

#4287 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I read it four times and I still don't have any idea what it says.

I think he was just typing fast to outrun the impending threadkick....

Re: TH,

Im not a prepayer, but have HUGE interest in this theme....

I have to say its improved 1000% over the last few months, but if Im being honest, I was hoping for it to eclipse WoZ (at least in appearance).... Im not feeling that.

I will say that I would probably have a considerably BETTER opinion of the game if it was just revealed today as-is.... All the hype about Smaug set very high expectations. The current iteration, while better, is still a letdown (IMO).

I look forward to playing one on location this year. (Come on Flippers in the outer banks, please tell me you have one coming!).

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I have to say its improved 1000% over the last few months, but if Im being honest, I was hoping for it to eclipse WoZ (at least in appearance).... Im not feeling that.
I will say that I would probably have a considerably BETTER opinion of the game if it was just revealed today as-is.... All the hype about Smaug set very high expectations. The current iteration, while better, is still a letdown (IMO).
I look forward to playing one on location this year. (Come on Flippers in the outer banks, please tell me you have one coming!).

Never drunken typehome made bourbon will do it every time.

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Ek’s posts = sound and fury, signifying nothing. Question for you Ek, ole' buddy: does the 77 in your handle signify the average number of grammatical errors in your forum messages? If so, you probably need to change your name to Ek477.

Captain if you know pinball one look at my avatar and name and you know what the 77 is unless your special.

#4290 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

unless your special.

Easy with that shit. How many people do you want to piss off on this page alone?

#4292 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Captain if you know pinball one look at my Avatar and name and you know what the 77 is unless your special.

A herd is hunted, it is the brain cells, but naturally it attacks the herd is hunted, it is the slowest buffalo, and when the same way the slowest buffalo, and weakest members. In much the weakest members. In much the slowest buffalo, and weaker brain a faster and weakest members. In this way, regular consumption of buffalo can only operate as fast as the human brain a fast as the slowest and more efficient machine. A herd as a whole group keeps improving by the slowest buffalo.

#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ah! So you finally admit that WOZ is awesome?

This made me laugh. Checkmate.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you ignore someone even their quotes are obscured, what are you talking about? It's one of the brilliant features of Pinside.

Wow, just noticed that was changed for the better. Thanks Aurich

#4295 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This very much coincides with my feelings on Hobbit.

I am very much looking forward to playing it. I am not nearly as concerned by the "open playfield" as others seem to be, as personally, that is a good thing compared to WOZ. My favorite pin of all time has an open pf (AFM) so this could wind up playing great. Have to play it to know for sure. The theme is excellent, and I love the video clips we've seen.

Pricing is a real killer though.

#4296 5 years ago

I'm in a holding pattern, just waiting for the opportunity to play it

#4297 5 years ago

When is the next 'scheduled' appearance of the pin - and do you think that will likely be the final production model?

#4298 5 years ago

I don't think we will see the final production model until they start shipping.

#4299 5 years ago

Game unlikely to start shipping till at least late March. Final production game will be available at TPF.

#4300 5 years ago

I was just thinking also about the main LCD display in the back glass while playing WOZ the other day..
It used to bother me with all of the information overload from Woz.. but, now after getting used to it.. it is very helpful (when you can look up) to have 4 QUADS of information that are very large.. movie videos/important animations takes over the entire area briefly... then back to game progress

But, on THLE, based on current gameplay videos, it seems that it will be harder to see game progress information as that info now is "framed" around movie videos.. making the actual gameplay information shrunk onto 4 corners. Right?

Has anyone else thought or noticed that this might be annoying.. obviously could be wrong and need to relook at available gameplay video that's out there..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 27.50
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside