Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 201.
#4201 5 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

Look on FB ... the same fanboy comments were and are made on there.
Relax dude. You have your opinion. I have mine.
If you like what you see and think it's a great price then buy 2! As I said, someone needs to keep them in business. But im seriously bummed what they're doing to pinball. Nearly doubling NIB prices and now already backing way off the quality and innovation that was promised.

Yes you have an opinion. 3 month old member and negitive comments in 6 of the 14 threads participated. All 6 threads by the way..........JJP and DP threads.

#4202 5 years ago

Matttttt can you cool down the gold and let some more red out on the Gold Smaug???? I believe you had it right in a past model! pleeeeease

#4203 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Glad to hear that people are digging the updated look to the parts. Long hard road with all the requirements by WB and the can and can not's. But we have a finished product that I am happy with and glad to hear you guys like it too.
Thanks

It's amazing what a good paint job can do. And this one is amazing.

#4204 5 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Would really like to see a good photo of each head inside the pin to determine which I prefer.

I still think the gold one will better intergrate with the gold pile and light effects. But agree we have to see pictures or even better, videos

#4205 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Matttttt can you cool down the gold and let some more red out on the Gold Smaug???? I believe you had it right in a past model! pleeeeease

I agree. Pllleeeeaaasssseee Matt.

#4206 5 years ago

Matt if its not too late, I also agree maybe a tad more red, tad less gold for the Smaug addition. But i think we are all very impressed with your work!!

#4207 5 years ago

Now this is an update

Ok, so with the nice red smaug and the greenish stone will give even more color

I have the SE on order, but I will probably get the Red one as well and swap it out.

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you ordered a Limited Edition it will come with the Red Smaug

if you ordered a Smaug Gold Edition then it will come with the Gold Smaug

I think you can swap out what you want on your game if you request it. I think the red one looks better now

#4209 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Smaug is actually starting to look bad ass!

Starting? I think they nailed it. At least enough for a pinball machine. Good Job Matt.

#4210 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I think you can swap out what you want on your game if you request it. I think the red one looks better now

You sure about that? That would be great if it were the case but I've heard otherwise

#4211 5 years ago

I like the red Smaug, but he isn't really that red in the movie ... or the book. I am sticking with the gold Smaug in my SE.

#4212 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You sure about that? That would be great if it were the case but I've heard otherwise

No you can not. Me buddy spoke with Jen and was told SE gets the Gold with the LE getting red. Both with the option to purchase the second one separate for $200... Self installed.

#4213 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You sure about that? That would be great if it were the case but I've heard otherwis

I am pretty sure you can, but I could be wrong remember reading it in the JJP forum

#4214 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No you can not. Me buddy spoke with Jen and was told SE gets the Gold with the LE getting red. Both with the option to purchase the second one separate for $200... Self installed.

I heard they don't want to slow down the line for the custom head color as well. But they will still do it for the plastic overlay's?

#4215 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I am pretty sure you can, but I could be wrong remember reading it in the JJP forum

I though you could get either as well, but could get the 'other' color for an additional fee. I think it was only 200 if I recall. If so I am getting both.

#4216 5 years ago

This just shows that the final polished product with great code will be the awesome game everyone expected.

#4217 5 years ago

Great job on the pillars and teeth matt, I agree if the gold was toned down on the SE version it would be perfect. I Hope they can get some professional pics of a 100% completed game soon.

#4218 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I like the red Smaug, but he isn't really that red in the movie ... or the book. I am sticking with the gold Smaug in my SE.

True, but I like the JJP Smaug version too

#4219 5 years ago

I think both Smaug's look great, quite frankly better than I thought the finished product would be!

The amount of changes and improvements that have happened since Expo are astounding, I wasn't disappointed in what I saw there at all, but they listened to what the majority was saying and I think it's pretty apparent that we will all see a better game because of it!

#4220 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think both Smaug's look great, quite frankly better than I thought the finished product would be!
The amount of changes and improvements that have happened since Expo are astounding, I wasn't disappointed in what I saw there at all, but they listened to what the majority was saying and I think it's pretty apparent that we will all see a better game because of it!

I agree. The delay in production is the only negative, but the improvements are worth it. Can't wait until my friend gets his. Really looking forward to playing this one!

#4221 5 years ago

Well done Jack and Matt! You just keep wowing me with the evolution of this pin.

#4222 5 years ago

Gold looks like ass to me. I'm getting the SE so I hope they will just put the red one on. I don't want to pay $200 for a crappy Vegas style gold head. The red is a million times better and the pillars are beautiful too.

#4223 5 years ago

I'm sticking with the "red" Smaug. It's the quintessential dragon image so even for people who don't care about the hobbit per se, they'll still dig it for its dragon-ness.

SmaugSDCC201432_zpsf1c1991e1.jpg
Michael_Hague_Smaug.jpeg
smaug-rankin-bass-570x427.jpg

#4224 5 years ago

I'm in on SE version... however, I'm thinking I like the red'er Smaug head on LE more.

I know I can pay $200 more for it (not installed). I would prefer not paying extra for 2nd piece, and just having it instead. Not complaing, just indicating preference.

They both look good... Thanks Matt!

#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

That is correct - I talked with Jen last week. I specifically asked if I could request the Red Smaug in my Smaug SE (instead of gold) and was told no. Anyone can, however, purchase the alternate dragon for $200. Also, I received clarification on a few other elements in the game. One, Jen confirmed that the image on the backbox is indeed a decal. Two, Bag End is finished. Period. The game that we've seen touring Germany the last several weeks is essentially the finished pin sans a few aesthetic changes - teeth on Smaug, LEDs in his eyes, and the green pillars. Otherwise, the game is complete. And while there isn't a stone cold set production date, JJP expects to start building Hobbits by the end of March and ship approximately 200 games per month; JJP is currently ordering parts. Jen also mused that the code is still in its infancy and the gameplay we've witnessed in the videos will pale in comparison to how the rules / LCD graphics, etc will look in the final production models. I'm outside Philly and hope to see the game in person within the next few weeks. If so, I plan to take a long and detailed video which I'll happily post on Pinside!

#4226 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Two, Bag End is finished. Period.

Bummer. That area just looks unfinished and a downgrade from the original without the barrel caps.

However, a significant improvement overall from what we saw at Expo.

#4227 5 years ago

That's bs you are forced to get a certain colour smaug and have to pay 200$ extra to change it.

#4228 5 years ago

I don't like it either, but i do understand it. They don't want to slow down the production lines. But its a shame it has to be this way. I'd literally wait to have my machine done towards the very end to get my choice and not have to spend an extra $200 which I could put somewhere else

#4229 5 years ago

I'm really happy they changed the color of the pillars from tan to emerald green. With the black detailing it really makes the gold coins pop even more! That back corner is going to look great now. Well done Matt.

I think I'm in the same boat as everyone else preferring the red Smaug, but I'd have to see both placed in a machine to have a better idea. Really looking forward to seeing how the lit eyes are integrated into the gameplay, but I'm sure it involves Smaug waking up when eyes are lit. Very happy! Keep up the great work JJP

#4230 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

That's bs you are forced to get a certain colour smaug and have to pay 200$ extra to change it.

Yeah...but only the people who bought the SE feel that way now.

#4231 5 years ago

The red Smaug might be just a tad better looking, being presented like that, but not by much.

I am pretty sure that the difference will be even less when it is in it's rightful place in the game.

If I am wrong and I find out that the difference is bothering me I can always order a red one later. (not likely)

No use in spending 200$ extra before I am sure it is absolutely necessary and
they both look incredible, anyway.

All the latest work from Matt being presented is top quality and I believe I will be 100% satisfied with
my SE once it arrives on the other side of the pond.

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What you paid for a pin has nothing to do with it.

One simply cannot judge a pin before playing it for yourself. Period. Especially when the design of the machine in question hasn't even been finalized yet, and you haven't even seen how the final code, design, sound & gameplay all come together.

You're not getting it...Wasn't judging pin on gameplay, just noting that the price tag is not really matching up with what we are getting as far as the physical layout is concerned.

So what your saying is you'd be ok driving an expensive car, that didn't have a finished interior, as long as it "handled" well?...

Translating that back to pinball, I'm ok with that at 1500-2000$ but not at 9000$...the game manufacturers must love you "easy to please" guys.

...yeah I'm a little harder to please...

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bummer. That area just looks unfinished and a downgrade from the original without the barrel caps.

However, a significant improvement overall from what we saw at Expo.

Yes, big bummer on Bag End for sure!

Imagine that, a dragon with teeth!...Must have been against their better judgement, but at least they threw us a bone and gave the dragon some choppers...

#4234 5 years ago

I feel the same way about Bag End, Im a little bumed out and expected more from that area. I guess we will see how it plays out with the code.

#4235 5 years ago

East Coasters - here's your chance to see THE HOBBIT :

Hobbit / Medieval Madness Remake Release Party on Saturday 2/21 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !

We will have a Hobbit, one of the first MMR LEs off the line, and a WOZ there (maybe a AMH too). Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP !

Old Sled Works is run by a friend and fellow coin-op collector, Jimmy Rosen. Jimmy used to run the Hershey Gameroom Expo that ran for a few years about 10 years ago. For 85 years Old Sled Works was an sled factory (owned by his family) that has been turned into a antique vendor mall with 125 vendors and even a Sled Museum ! Plenty to see and do there for the ladies who like antiques so you might want to bring them along. There is also a huge old time ARCADE there - all old / classic games - woodrail pinballs, skee ball, baseball pitch and bats, gun games, whacky arcade games, pre-war pinballs, and more ! There's also a working soda fountain where you can grab a spinning stool and order a hamburger or hot dog or a root beer float like it's 1955 ! Bring the kids, bring the lady, bring a friend, all are welcome ! I'm still working on the particulars (giveaways ?, tournaments ?) - those details will follow.

Admission will be $ 25 per person, of which 100% will go to the PinballSTAR charity fund. In return and to support our charity cause Jimmy has graciously offered up his entire pay to play arcade for FREE play to our guests - you will get a big bucket of unlimited quarters to dig your paws into to use in the arcade all day ! And we'll surely have some giveaways as well... Bottom line you will get your $ 25 back in stuff and free play all day...

Attendance may be limited. If you would like to reserve a spot to attend - please email me at Sales@PinballSTAR.com (do not PM on Pinside) back the following info for EACH person attending :
Name, city/state, email address, phone, which games that we distribute do you own ? (bought from us or not) - this helps to plan some potential giveaways.

Check out their site for info / address : http://www.sledworks.com/ - you might even run into a Pinup Girl or two (the location is used frequently for pin up photo shoots much to Jimmy's liking !)

You tube TOUR of OLD SLED WORKS :
» YouTube video
IT'S GOING TO BE A FUN DAY ! MARK YOUR CALANDER AND COME JOIN US !

PinballSTAR Amusements CHARITY :
We donate WOZ pinball machines to children's hospitals. We have donated two so far - one in Philadelphia and one in Pittsburgh... For the Hobbit we are considering donating a Hobbit machine to a local Pittsburgh Veteran's facility for use by members of our armed forces. This would be donated at the ReplayFX show in Pittsburgh in July. Details being worked out on that donation ! : )
Details of our previous WOZ game donations to children's hospitals are at these links :
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html
http://www.timesleader.com/news/local-news/1066736/Therapy-in-play
http://papa.org/2014/07/23/pinball-star-donates-wizard-of-oz-machine-to-pittsburgh-hospital/

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK :
If you are not yet a 'friend' of us on Facebook - go and LIKE us now - I do post a lot of updates there on all games and the pinball world in general - You will get instant info there when new news is released that I may not always send out in email.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We are distributors for
Jersey Jack Pinball -
Wizard of Oz Standard and WOZ 75th Anniversary - IN STOCK
The Hobbit - Standard, LE, and Smaug SE (we have Smaugs !)
Planetary Pinball -
Medieval Madness Remake - Standard and LE (we have a FEW LE's available)
Spooky Pinball -
America's Most Haunted - (we will have some previously ordered games available SOON)
Virtuapin (Video pinball)

Contact us for your best pricing and info on all games ! Payment plans available !

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE HOBBIT / MMR LE PARTY - EMAIL US TO GET ON THE LIST !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042
Facebook Keyword - PinballSTAR Amusements

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

That is correct - I talked with Jen last week. I specifically asked if I could request the Red Smaug in my Smaug SE (instead of gold) and was told no. Anyone can, however, purchase the alternate dragon for $200. Also, I received clarification on a few other elements in the game. One, Jen confirmed that the image on the backbox is indeed a decal. Two, Bag End is finished. Period. The game that we've seen touring Germany the last several weeks is essentially the finished pin sans a few aesthetic changes - teeth on Smaug, LEDs in his eyes, and the green pillars. Otherwise, the game is complete. And while there isn't a stone cold set production date, JJP expects to start building Hobbits by the end of March and ship approximately 200 games per month; JJP is currently ordering parts. Jen also mused that the code is still in its infancy and the gameplay we've witnessed in the videos will pale in comparison to how the rules / LCD graphics, etc will look in the final production models. I'm outside Philly and hope to see the game in person within the next few weeks. If so, I plan to take a long and detailed video which I'll happily post on Pinside!

I guess the only thing left to see on the game is how the windlance and button on the apron operate.

#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I agree.

I also remember hearing something from Jack about a choice of Dragon Heads irregardless of which model you purchase.

#4238 5 years ago

What does JJP have in place that actually makes the Bag End area look like Bag End?

#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

What does JJP have in place that actually makes the Bag End area look like Bag End?

Duh, a 10 point switch.

#4240 5 years ago

It's a shame the very cool pops got ruined by shoehorning in the book. Could have been so much nicer. I really thought three bobbing barrels would have a VERY nice touch. I guess Jack took all the crap he could take and drew a line. I don't blame him, you have to call it at some point or it'll never get built. I really hope the character barrels are made available after production. I'm sure someone can create an extender harness to move the book. It would make for a great dynamic instruction card/price card In the apron. It would be great there in attract mode as well. If the secondary mini LCD screens become commonplace no doubt that's where they will end up.

#4241 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It's a shame the very cool pops got ruined by shoehorning in the book. Could have been so much nicer. I really thought three bobbing barrels would have a VERY nice touch. I guess Jack took all the crap he could take and drew a line. I don't blame him, you have to call it at some point or it'll never get built. I really hope the character barrels are made available after production. I'm sure someone can create an extender harness to move the book.

I'm confused, aren't the two barrels that were always there still there? I haven't noticed a pic without them. There just isn't a third one closest to Bag End. ?

#4242 5 years ago

There were always two barrels. But only one now has a character and they are muted by the book floating over them.

#4243 5 years ago

Yep...I liked the feet sticking out of the second barrel. I'd actually rather have that if there's only one character.

#4244 5 years ago

Now that I think about it - the book was supposed to be in Bag End, and that was supposed to be THE bag end toy (but people yelled and they move it back - and that screwed up the barrels). I would rather it just be back in Bag End but I know that ship has sailed. Too bad, the left is looking better, but the bag end area is just sparse as hell.

#4245 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...I liked the feet sticking out of the second barrel. I'd actually rather have that if there's only one character.

I agree, I really like the feet barrel. That was great!

JJP said that they are done - but that doesn't mean we have seen the final. So perhaps they got that area fixed up a bit.

What I would suggest is give the right VUK a lower profile (more like the whitewood was) and bring the book closer to the VUK, and therefore player, then they could bring the full barrels back into play and perhaps add a waterfall, or stream bank where the book is. That would look much better in my opinion and very easy to do I would think. They already have most of the parts... Heck, if they don't I may request a few pieces from Matt on the side as a custom order and try to fix it up myself

#4246 5 years ago

Maybe Matt will make a moulded Bag End for that area and release it as an official mod, similar to what happened with the castle walls on WOZ.

#4247 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Maybe Matt will make a moulded Bag End for that area and release it as an official mod, similar to what happened with the castle walls on WOZ.

I am very much hoping. Clearly they have given the book a lot of thought in the game play/modes, but they just phoned in the PF implementation

#4248 5 years ago

I can live with the bag end shot the way it is, I want to know what the windlance will do and what the button on the apron will do.

#4249 5 years ago

I've heard that the button on the apron is for flames shooting from the Smaug.

#4250 5 years ago

It sucks that you have to mod your $9000 pinball machine just to finish what should have been done to begin with. The one pop bumper needs a figure on it, it looks like ass. The book is placed poorly, its little things like this that are making me question this purchase. Jack if you're reading, with a higher price tag comes higher expectations. I don't care if the machine weighs 3 thousand pounds, that does not make me feel like Im getting my moneys worth. Great artwork, innovative toys and monster rulesets is where I get my moneys worth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside