Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 201.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It's a decal!

You call it a decal. I call it a missed opportunity. They could have done something really interesting with that area.

#4052 5 years ago

Like "New and Improved LED Lighting System!"?

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You call it a decal. I call it a missed opportunity. They could have done something really interesting with that area.

...a missed opportunity for us you mean...but it won't be a missed opportunity for them to make a few more bucks when they sell the add-on camera or whatever else is supposed to go in there ... and also available shortly after TH release, for a nominal non-compromising fee... here is your Bagend mod, and your waterfalls mod, and your Smaug mod, and your Hobbit topper mod...

Am I forgetting anything?

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

...a missed opportunity for us you mean...but it won't be a missed opportunity for them to make a few more bucks when they sell the add-on camera or whatever else is supposed to go in there ... and also available shortly after TH release, for a nominal non-compromising fee... here is your Bagend mod, and your waterfalls mod, and your Smaug mod, and your Hobbit topper mod...

Well, if they decide not to include the PF mods you pointed out an launch, perhaps Matt will provide them like they did with the tornado, castle, and toto that are in the RR version. Hopefully, in this time away from updates they are adding the mod candy to the machine

#4055 5 years ago

By the way, it would be cool to have a waterfall mod that was lite up\built in a way that make it look like moving water

The bag end would have been an ideal spot for a gorgeous mod - missed it if they just stick to PF art and flat plastic. If they keep the Smaug treasure pile the way it was last presented, that is a missed opp too. That pile could have LED lit gems that would make that area very pretty as well.

#4056 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

That should do it thanks! Where do I send the money?

#4057 5 years ago

Really looking forward to the game and I do understand that the recent changes (decided in oct-nov)
have put a slight delay on the production start. They'll be worth the extra wait, I'm sure.

I am a little disappointed that there have been no official word from JJP about the delay though.

Production was gonna start late December-early January and in the latest newsletter from JJP on 19th of December there was no word on the delay. More than a month later there is still no word from JJP about the delay.

When I layed down my full payment for the machine it was gonna be out summer 2014 (thank god the movie was delayed) so this machine could end up a whole year to late from what I was told when pre-ordering. (Not much of a progress when it comes to delays from WOZ, really)

I new this could happen when I ordered so I am not angry or anything but a few words from JJP about the latest delay would be nice. I have heard anything from February to May on the rumor mill.

I really think it is a wise move by them to not accept early pre-orders on Pat Lawler's new game and I am truly happy that they are able to make that game without it. Everyone benefits from that decision.

But hey, it was my choice to lay down money early so no regrets

#4058 5 years ago

In less words, any news, JJP?

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe with all the late changes, whatever was planned for the backbox got pushed down the priority list. They're under the wire to finish up & they just can't keep adding things. Or they could surprise us all with a last minute backbox feature reveal. Who knows?

The more I think about it, I really think it's just going to be a placeholder decal on the Hobbit. That's a bit disappointing, but I'm sure they already have a long-term plan. Whatever tech they're planning to put in that area (such as a suggested camera or flasher), probably won't be revealed until Pat's game. Then they can always make an add-on mod available down the road to add that feature to the Hobbit.

Someone who had a good look at it mentioned earlier that the decal is the Arkenstone wall carving that was above the secret door entrance. If they put a custom molded glowing Arkenstone in the backbox, and code the lighting to the game modes, that would look pretty awesome.

#4060 5 years ago

Really looking forward to the next update

#4061 5 years ago

Jack if you are around could you fill us in on any details or new developments? Your fans are eager to know more

#4062 5 years ago

JJP Team may be busy digging out from Blizzardgate 2015. Agree it is time for an update though.

So Jack what's going on at JJP ??? When will we see the latest Hobbit? What is still outstanding? How's the code coming? Do you have a target start date for manufacturing? When might we see some ship and get to watch you cartwheel? There, that should summarize most of our questions.

#4063 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The bag end would have been an ideal spot for a gorgeous mod - missed it if they just stick to PF art and flat plastic. If they keep the Smaug treasure pile the way it was last presented, that is a missed opp too. That pile could have LED lit gems that would make that area very pretty as well.

Totally agree I am hoping that we get another update with new additions to these areas as they still feel weak and missed opportunities. The Bag end area would be sad to just see it as is with a flat lame plastic and no real molds. I am hoping for another update soon with more clarification as to what will be in the final game and what to expect.

I would also like to hear some news on the actual modes, game progression and how that lobkdown button will integrated into the game. What are the modes? are there hurry ups, combos etc. . . . Would be nice to see some game/mode progression beside the same code with the Smaug multi-ball over and over.

Does anyone know if there are anymore surprises and additions to the game to come or is this it?

#4064 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJP Team may be busy digging out from Blizzardgate 2015.

One "puff" and Smaug should be able to clear the entire parking lot!

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

One "puff" and Smaug should be able to clear the entire parking lot!

Sorry, he only talks and spins around now. Even if he could, he never melted snow in the movie so he is contractually obliged not to.

I know, I know bad form sorry. I'll take care of it for you.

orig-2166271.jpg

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Even if he could, he never melted snow in the movie so he is contractually obliged not to.

Good quip!

#4067 5 years ago

ETA? how am I gonna get a used one if they don't get made?

#4068 5 years ago

It really has become extremely quiet, without any real news.

#4069 5 years ago

It's barely January. Give it a bit.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

It's barley January. Give it a bit.

Beer month?

#4071 5 years ago

Im curious as to who is up first to thiers shipped on Pinside.

#4072 5 years ago

Quoted from mummite:Totally agree I am hoping that we get another update with new additions to these areas as they still feel weak and missed opportunities. The Bag end area would be sad to just see it as is with a flat lame plastic and no real molds. I am hoping for another update soon with more clarification as to what will be in the final game and what to expect.
I would also like to hear some news on the actual modes, game progression and how that lobkdown button will integrated into the game. What are the modes? are there hurry ups, combos etc. . . . Would be nice to see some game/mode progression beside the same code with the Smaug multi-ball over and over.
Does anyone know if there are anymore surprises and additions to the game to come or is this it?

wm2naxwb5.jpg

#4073 5 years ago

For those who want a laugh go back and read the first few pages of this thread.

#4074 5 years ago

I've been dealing with an issue with my WOZ light boards and have been in regular contact with JJP about it.

I asked about TH and was told they are shooting for production to begin towards the end of March. They said they would make 4-5 in early March and then begin full production a few weeks later. They are capable of making 10-12 pins a day right now.

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I asked about TH and was told they are shooting for production to begin towards the end of March. They said they would make 4-5 in early March and then begin full production a few weeks later. They are capable of making 10-12 pins a day right now.

A first that sounds like music to our ears, but after the thought that it came from the JJP camp it turned quite quickly into: "Hmm... it's to be seen how much of such a promise still stands by the time it's the end of March...".

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

It's barely January. Give it a bit.

It is?! I am planning my Feb work appointments for next week!

#4077 5 years ago

All I know is if I see Star Wars Episode VII in the theaters before there's a Hobbit in my game room, I'll be pretty depressed.

#4078 5 years ago

Pictures and Sound from Freddy's Event 31.Feb.2015

Sound-Demo

Pictures
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG5.JPG8.JPG6.JPGBackbox.JPGBackbox2.JPG

4.JPG 7.JPG
#4079 5 years ago

That pop bumper area is....how should I put it...sparse?

#4080 5 years ago

Agree, JJp is having a hard time integrating the book. Sacrificed perhaps one of the best touches in the barrel pops to wedge in the book. Look at relocating it to the Apron!! Restore the barrels characters, add a 3rd!!

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Agree, JJp is having a hard time integrating the book. Sacrificed perhaps one of the best touches in the barrel pops to wedge in the book. Look at relocating it to the Apron!! Restore the barrels characters, add a 3rd!!

I agree! It would make so much more sense to have the secondary LCD in the apron and flesh out the barrel riders with another toy. Is what we see set in stone or is Jack still considering tweaks like this before production?

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

+1

#4083 5 years ago

Yes, the pops area looks unfinished, and out of balance with the rest of the PF. I also miss the third barrel. Don't understand why that had to go. The Stern-style pop cap is doing this game no favors and looks totally out of place. I usually replace those in my Stern games with the great aftermarket mods that get produced

I also am scratching my head on the secondary LCD. The location and mounting look like an afterthought, and the bezel looks so minimal, and quite frankly cheap, compared with the very high standard of everything else on the game. I am hoping these things will be iterated and fixed as we get closer to production... or else the mod community picks them up

The video and sounds look incredible. Just need to get the game play right, because you can't fix that with a mod

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

The location and mounting look like an afterthought

If you followed the post-expo activity you'd realize that's because it apparently was an after-thought.

Couldn't agree more with all your comments. The book looks cheap and out of place in that area. It also lessens the way the whole rapids scene feels. I and many others have said that moving the book to the apron would solve several issues. It would get rid of the bad bezel, and put the LCD in a more viewable area. It would also free up the pop area to get a makeover with the third barrel and some other waterfall-like artwork.

#4085 5 years ago

The playfield as it stands is not nearly as interesting to look at as WOZ. WOZ has some great detail work.

#4086 5 years ago

Animations look very good. All is in balance there.

Not impressed with sound and SFX but I am confident that will turn out great as well.

And yes, the second LCD is still not very well integrated. Not sure if moving it to the apron will be better due to the not so optimal viewing angle?

#4087 5 years ago

Agree with the sparseness of the pops area and the nonsensical book. This pin has to compete with both WOZ and Lord of the Rings. So far it beats neither.

#4088 5 years ago

The area behind Smaug is also weak. That thing to the left looks like a toilet tank.

It would be shame if it shipped like this as everything else looks so good.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Not sure if moving it to the apron will be better due to the not so optimal viewing angle?

I disagree, the apron is ideal, close to where your eyes are (flipper area) at least 50% of the time when playing. Top right corner is useless.

#4090 5 years ago

I agree with the 2cd LCD being out of place. #1 it needs a make over, #2 it just doesnt fit right in that upper corner plus when playing the game at automated I needed my glasses to see anything at all on the screen. I also thought we would see more from Bag end, A hobbit hut with a door to the barrel bumpers would have been nice. Not sure if anything will change at this stage of the game.

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I disagree, the apron is ideal, close to where your eyes are (flipper area) at least 50% of the time when playing. Top right corner is useless.

I did not say it is in the ideal spot right now. But please tell me how you would see the LCD integrated in the apron.

For what I see it either should be in the left or right area of the apron. In the middle there seems to be not enough room. By viewing angel I mean if the LCD lies flat in the apron will the image not be of lesser quality due to the bad viewing angel?

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Pictures and Sound from FREDDY's Event 31.Feb.2015

Funny, on Pic 4 I just playing the Hobbit Smaug Prototype

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I did not say it is in the ideal spot right now. But please tell me how you would see the LCD integrated in the apron.

For what I see it either should be in the left or right area of the apron. In the middle there seems not enough room. By viewing angel I mean if the LCD lies flat in the apron will the image not be of lesser quality due to the bad viewing angel?

Should not be difficult to angle it slightly towards the viewer.

Middle is no good for mini LCD. Assuming the windlance or ball trough don't take up to much room, it looks like those areas would be good. LCDs are not very thick. Instead of a rules card you got the LCD. Seems like a good idea to me...

#4094 5 years ago

You guys are bumming me out because I agree with all of you. I'm not selling my spot in line, but it may not spend too much time in my lineup. I think we learned a lesson from WOZ that while it wasn't a stunner initially, the awesome coding made it so after version 3.0. So I'll continue to be patient and hope for the best.

#4095 5 years ago

At Freddys Event (31. January) I had the opportunity to play the Hobbit Smaug Edition Prototype.

By the way, I have preorderd the Hobbit and have switched to the Smaug Version.

The SE Cab und the Gold Powder armor looks really great.
The shooter was in Gold powder too, hope that will be in production games also.

I think it was the same machine that was at Automated.
IMHO it plays very smooth and had a good flow. Only the flippers were a little bit to weak.
There were a few more SW code and better sound samples (the slingshot "Bing" has gone...) like the machine at DPO Drunen.

I am with you about the 2nd LCD. That can not be final.
There are loose cabels and the trim above the LCD was cut off a bit to fit the LCD.
Some coils are also not covered (Smaug diverter/windlance diverter), I hope JJP will come up with something to cover these coils.

P.S. Sorry for my weak English

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

P.S. Sorry for my weak English

Never apologize for your English skills. Would you like us all to try our German out on you? You'll feel much better about your English!

#4097 5 years ago

PS02.jpg

Gold Armor

#4098 5 years ago

Loose cabels behind the LCD

PS1.jpg

#4099 5 years ago

PS04.jpg

#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You guys are bumming me out because I agree with all of you. I'm not selling my spot in line, but it may not spend too much time in my lineup. I think we learned a lesson from WOZ that while it wasn't a stunner initially, the awesome coding made it so after version 3.0. So I'll continue to be patient and hope for the best.

Sorry not trying to bum you out. Mostly I want to get some discussion going and raise some awareness on the features.

Even if we can't do anything about it, I still want JJP to know he can still do better without having to do major rework (that time is well past), but hopefully it's not too late for seemingly small stuff...

I want a great pin not an ok pin. I want it to stay in my collection, but it won't last long if I have to keep staring at some of this (sorry to say) hodgepodge work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside