Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 201.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yes tell us all your vast knowledge.

Does anyone know if Jack has gotten the most important part of his company up and running the grunts you pay $15 to $20 dollars a hour for manufacturing. In all the factory tours or pics I could find there were never more then a few guys building games.With the Stern Williams and more the factories were full of workers.

This was the start about the workers as you can see it was posted as a question not fact

#352 5 years ago

Good luck to JJ and the Hobbit. its not a title for me to collect, but I will play the game! too bad one wont be in Dallas.

#353 5 years ago

ek77 go back up and reread, ledge asked you how many people they had working there. I knew you had no ideas, so I was teasing you.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

ek77 go back up and reread, ledge asked you how many people they had working their. I knew you had no ideas, so I was teasing you.

I asked because all the pic's and video I have seen of the factory floor there are few workers and some have been game designers putting the game together.

#355 5 years ago

It would be cool if the video feed to the LCD was a full 1080p resolution.
Couple old pics from the open house...
image-558.jpgimage-792.jpg

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I would personally rather buy direct from jjp.

Why, so you can be one of the last people to receive the game? That is what is happening with WOZ.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ games april 2013 hear we are a year later still waiting on the full run.Be happy if you see your game in the first half of 2015

#358 5 years ago

About the whitewood, and playfield.

When they make it, they have to send it to the hobbit right owners, and they have to aprove everything whats on.

When they dont, or some things needs adjustment, this takes time. And when thats ready, it has to be approved again.

And again, if needed. So, this takes time too.

When will it ship? I think and hope the first batch will be build around de movie premier. But dont think moren then 25 will see their owner this year.

But ok, movie out december 2014, pin in your house in summer 2015 aint bad, is it?

I wish i had the money, my confidence in this pin is huge. (Off course i wish for peace for all first)

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

pin in your house in summer 2015 aint bad, is it?

I could live with that. I care far more about getting an excellent pin than I do about waiting.

#360 5 years ago

8 days to go for a possible update

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why, so you can be one of the last people to receive the game? That is what is happening with WOZ.

That did not happen to me. I was 250 in line to get my wozle and that is what happened. Nothing but good things to say about the processes.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That did not happen to me. I was 250 in line to get my wozle and that is what happened. Nothing but good things to say about the processes.

The people that ordered late in the process from Pinballsales (JJP sales entity) got jumped by the customers that bought from distributors.
For example, TaylorVA ordered from a distributor in 3/2012 and received his game in the middle of last year. I ordered mine from Pinballsales in 2/2012 and still don't have a clue when it will arrive. There does not seem to be any sense of urgency to get the pre-ordered games finished. I see one or two trickling in, but not at any rate that will get them done in the next few months.
They have been working on the early June 2011 orders going on 4 months now. For example Ken in Texas ordered June 16, 2011 and was shipped on 12/2/13, and Cleland (a June 13 2011 order) was delivered 3/18/14.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The game is due in 9 months they had a unfinished white wood on there last update. Jack started building the first WOZ games april 2013 hear we are a year later still waiting on the full run.Be happy if you see your game in the first half of 2015

I'm certainly no JJP apologist, but I suspect the WoZ timeline is not going to be extremely useful for gaging their ability to ship out TH.

Presumably most of the recent delay have not been a result of insufficient capacity, but supply chain problems (cabinets) and design problems/flaws (LED boards/powers supply/etc) and JJP pumping out standard machines for new receivables.

One can only imagine THESE things will be ironed out by TH production since I'd assume much of the same products and technology are carrying forward....

If I had to bet, I'd say JJP squeaks out the absolute MINIMUM they are contractually bound to deliver in December. It'd also be surprising if the software is anywhere near complete on these- but it'll be functional no doubt.

Then, in Q1 2015 I think we'll see real production ramping-up... maybe not ever hitting 15/day, but maybe 50/week? They may very well be still producing Woz's in parallel, so perhaps they will make 15 games/day combined- who knows....

I'm incredibly interested in TH.... mostly why I've followed JJP in the first place. I would still NEVER pre-order one (nor would i preorder a Stern machine), but I cant wait to play one of these when available.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm certainly no JJP apologist, but I suspect the WoZ timeline is not going to be extremely useful for gaging their ability to ship out TH.
Presumably most of the recent delay have not been a result of insufficient capacity, but supply chain problems (cabinets) and design problems/flaws (LED boards/powers supply/etc) and JJP pumping out standard machines for new receivables.
One can only imagine THESE things will be ironed out by TH production since I'd assume much of the same products and technology are carrying forward....
If I had to bet, I'd say JJP squeaks out the absolute MINIMUM they are contractually bound to deliver in December. It'd also be surprising if the software is anywhere near complete on these- but it'll be functional no doubt.
Then, in Q1 2015 I think we'll see real production ramping-up... maybe not ever hitting 15/day, but maybe 50/week? They may very well be still producing Woz's in parallel, so perhaps they will make 15 games/day combined- who knows....
I'm incredibly interested in TH.... mostly why I've followed JJP in the first place. I would still NEVER pre-order one (nor would i preorder a Stern machine), but I cant wait to play one of these when available.

At 50 games a week it will still take 20 weeks to get the first 1000 games out so the first half of 2015 is about right

#365 5 years ago

I'm 250 in line so I'm hopping to get my hobbit early 2015.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Somebody has taken over Lowepg's account! Too much common sense here

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Somebody has taken over Lowepg's account! Too much common sense here

Na...

I snuck in a few clues so you'd know it was me:
"design flaw"
"standard WoZ line jumping"

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Couple old pics from the open house...

That sure looks more like a whitepaper inside that cabinet than a whitewood.

#369 5 years ago

292.jpg

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Even if true, no hurry here. If there was only one left, I'd still wait to see it, play it, THEN buy it.
Waiting on game number three.

There will be plenty of games available in HUO condition for less than current prices and you get to skip the stress of a pre-order and you get to TRY THE GAME!

I hope this game is great and a better experience for all!

#371 5 years ago

With all the talk of timelines the 75th anniversary edition has not been considered in when it will be made over the next year or more

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

With all the talk of timelines the 75th anniversary edition has not been considered in when it will be made over the next year or more

mine is supposed to come this aug-sept but we'll see.

#373 5 years ago

Pretty sure they can squeeze all ten ruby reds in between the two games

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

There will be plenty of games available in HUO condition for less than current prices and you get to skip the stress of a pre-order and you get to TRY THE GAME!
I hope this game is great and a better experience for all!

Available HUO - yes, but cheaper than today, wrong! As soon as last THLEs are sold, price will be increased to 8.5k with regulars available for $7.5km. This should help distributors sell their inventory of THLEs while building interest for regulars.

The one benefit to ordering and paying up front -- price savings between then and when it is available at your favorite dealer.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

292.jpg 66 KB

I so wish I could see the top of this playfield!!

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I so wish I could see the top of this playfield!!

Me too!... This is one that could generate a lot of interest for this company. I think I will watch the Hobbit tonight, and then make a decision.......

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

i just don't know enough about this pin to buy.
somebody, please, post a 3d render, a color drawing. something/please... then take my money.
otherwise... it is about to get spent elsewhere.

What's the rush?

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

What's the rush?

selling a few, and looking to book the next deals. debating this or a few others. just don't have enough info on this to support going this direction. but has my interest... just not enough info yet though.

#380 5 years ago

selling a few, and looking to book the next deals. debating this or a few others. just don't have enough info on this to support going this direction. but has my interest... just not enough info yet though.

If you are looking to fill a slot buy a B game now then when the Hobbit come out in 12 to 18 months sell the B title buy the Hobbit

#381 5 years ago

I have to say, I like the layout and the way it's going. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes. Will have to keep my eyes open on the used market if it's good.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you are looking to fill a slot buy a B game now then when the Hobbit come out in 12 to 18 months sell the B title buy the Hobbit

good call. i got the itch

#383 5 years ago

BertPortrait-vi.jpg

#384 5 years ago

al-bunde.gif

#385 5 years ago

image-215.jpg

#386 5 years ago

itchy-and-scratchy-game-1.jpg

#387 5 years ago

Your face when the game ships

9d404f0ce5b79de56e6d9593afdb3365.gif

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The people that ordered late in the process from Pinballsales (JJP sales entity) got jumped by the customers that bought from distributors.
For example, TaylorVA ordered from a distributor in 3/2012 and received his game in the middle of last year (a June 13 2011 order) was delivered 3/18/14.

I may have ordered in 3/20 but that doesn't speak to when my dist. ordered the games or when they were paid for by him. I certainly think it would be worth ordering through a dist. again assuming the dist. ordered their games earlier than people did directly from JJP.

#389 5 years ago

in-which-bert-decides-to-kill-you.gif
#390 5 years ago

Guys, what do all these nonsense animations have to do with the Hobbit info??

#391 5 years ago

Ernie looks somewhat "hobbitish" I guess.

#392 5 years ago

I traded an CQ "like" AFM for one of the first 10 to be produced...#15. I paid him the premium for this so I don't have to deal with all these headaches that many have seen buying WOZ anticipating that all the build issues were resolved during its production. My friend also bought one and was told it would be getting delivered some time late summer 2015, not sure what his number is. I'll start a posting when it arrives for Christmas 2014, but I still have some reservations that my Hobbit may not show up until Christmas 2015! Heck, my buddies may even show up before mine!! I hope JJP does have there feet to the burner with this contractual obligation they have with the studio. FYI... my buddy spoke with Jen while making a payment this past week and was told that they would be releasing more detailed pictures of the playing field within the next week or two. We'll see

#393 5 years ago

Good info! But get me a bit confused...

Quoted from TaTa:

I traded an CQ "like" AFM for one of the first 10 to be produced...#15. I paid him the premium for this so I don't have to deal with all these headaches that many have seen buying WOZ anticipating that all the build issues were resolved during its production.

How did you think JJP will get ahead of child-disease problem in the very early stages of production -> your nr 15... Do you want them to produce the cabinet in line, hold it to put in one of the last prduced PF's?

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

American humor, no to be understood by Dutch guys

#395 5 years ago

Yes funny, but we went that far off topic I could even see the road anymore....

Stupid dutchies

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

yeah... this is serious business. no enjoyment allowed during down times when there is no news about a product.
you people should go entertain yourselves at work where it belongs

(gee, i wonder if this footage will make it into the Hobbit pin?
it could be optional playfield art for...
what if there is a completely optional playfield of movie/character out-takes?
hmmm... maybe someone could make a special alt-translite with this hobbit movie photography... seems like it could align with a certain segment of the market?
if it's true that a picture is worth a 1,000 words, then is a picture of a short hobbit worth 500?
and if a pin is based on a hobbit, will it be shorter than standard pins so hobbits can reach the flipper buttons?
and if NAVL accidentally delivers your short NIB Hobbit pin into your pool and it floats, is it a witch?
...and what does any of this have to do with an african swallow maintaining air-speed velocity, by beating its wings forty-three times every second?)

dwarf-middle-finger.png

#397 5 years ago

That is too funny. Now all we need is Ernie in a dwarf suit flipping us off.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

That is too funny. Now all we need is Ernie in a dwarf suit flipping us off.

we now have hard evidence that the Hobbit pin is in fact a witch, and not a hobbit as we were previously led to believe.
if floating is an LE feature only, I may indeed need to pre-order. hmmm...

ernie-hobbit-pin-pool.jpg

#399 5 years ago

we now have hard evidence that the Hobbit pin is in fact a witch, and not a hobbit as we were previously led to believe.

ernie-hobbit-pin-pool.jpg 121 KB

#400 5 years ago

I may need to make that my new avatar. Yep, indeed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 27.50
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside