Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 201.
#3701 5 years ago

I have a feeling that a third barrel will be the first official mod for The Hobbit

#3702 5 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I have a feeling that a third barrel will be the first official mod for The Hobbit

I like the way you think. :0)

#3703 5 years ago

Seems like a patchwork job that is not getting the love and attention to detail that this title deserves...

We'll have a mountain!...Nay, we'll have a cave; We'll have a scary interactive dragon!... Nay you fool, we will have a decapitated toothless dragon; We'll have four flippers!...Nay, it will have 2 but we will fool them with a third mystery flipper haha!; We'll have this great manuscript as our centerpiece!...Nay, that is a horrible idea! Nobody is going to like a big book... in the center...; We'll make cool figures to go in the pop barrels!... Nay, we will have only one figure in a barrel, because it is better this way; We'll have a Bagend!...Yes, but it is in the way so we will remove it!; We'll have someone with vision lead this project!...Yes, but we will make him leave and have a conglomerate rule in his place...Voila!

They got a lot of the details right on WOZ...but with TH, i don't know...is it uninspired? This is the closest I have been to pulling out, maybe I should, and see what Lalor has to offer...so wanted TH to be the best...

#3704 5 years ago

Give it a chance to see the completed pin before judging - it may turn out fine

JJP has pushed back on the date to get the details right - I am sure there are several things that can be cleaned up before the final version.

#3705 5 years ago

Hey my first thumbs down!

I'll try to be patient, but man, how much longer before the details are done? I need something added not taken away.

#3706 5 years ago

I'm excited too. I think there is more to see, but I think Jack has shown us almost everything he will until its ready to ship. Just my gut feeling.

#3707 5 years ago

If he final version amazes me and I never have to deal with Alex I may be on board : )

#3708 5 years ago

What is the deal with the button on the lock bar?

Can I order drinks with it?

Plus, I think the barrels should fricken spin around & around.

Tim

#3709 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Plus, I think the barrels should fricken spin around & around.
Tim

Actually, that may be the first mod for TH.

#3710 5 years ago

Received 2 videos from David. Rotated them and uploaded them to Youtube. Here are the results:

Thanks David

#3711 5 years ago

Must admit compare Hobbit to Wrestlemania - they look like they are made in different decades!
I am not buying either but I know where I would put my money if I was. DMD is really antiquated now.

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Must admit compare Hobbit to Wrestlemania - they look like they are made in different decades!
I am not buying either but I know where I would put my money if I was. DMD is really antiquated now.

agree 100% with you

#3713 5 years ago

The video looks very blurry, shall I send it again in HD.

#3714 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

That is okay for me, but I am at work at the moment so it could take a while before the updated videos get posted.

#3715 5 years ago

Looks like the software has progressed a lot since Expo. Should be quite developed (if not complete) by they time they start shipping in April (rumoured date).

#3716 5 years ago

April shipping would be awesome !

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wrestlemania LE has a LCD on the playfield, similar to the Hobbit. Also contains Stern's new system, which can drive LCD displays. DMD should be gone within a couple more games from Stern. Most likely Ritchie's next game around the end of the year (He's out of rotation again for something big).

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Please. I can't really see anything on there.

Thanks.

#3720 5 years ago

Thanks. I just noticed that my player was set on the lowest resolution setting. No wonder.

#3721 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Wrestlemania LE has a LCD on the playfield, similar to the Hobbit. Also contains Stern's new system, which can drive LCD displays. DMD should be gone within a couple more games from Stern. Most likely Ritchie's next game around the end of the year (He's out of rotation again for something big).

Based on the rumored specs of Sterns new system I doubt it will be able to drive a mini LCD that interacts with game modes and pump out 1080p video to a much larger display at the same time. Its to be determined if the mini LCD in Wrestlemania actually interacts with game modes (like on WOZ and TH) or just cycles through videos. Big difference. I hope they prove me wrong. They are moving in the right direction.

#3722 5 years ago

Great video...thanks for posting it! I must say, TH looks appreciably better than the release at Expo and I expect the final version will look even more impressive. The RGB lighting looks awesome! My friend has TWDLE and only about 10% of the lights change color. The majority of the playfield inserts are white with white lighting. Boring!

#3723 5 years ago

Hobbit is looking very sweet

#3724 5 years ago

I can't wait to see what final surprises jack has in store for us

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the rumored specs of Sterns new system I doubt it will be able to drive a mini LCD that interacts with game modes and pump out 1080p video to a much larger display at the same time. Its to be determined if the mini LCD in Wrestlemania actually interacts with game modes (like on WOZ and TH) or just cycles through videos. Big difference. I hope they prove me wrong. They are moving in the right direction.

It will. Stern has said as much. In any event, Stern certainly didn't create a new system (which has a production life of nearly a decade) that wouldn't drive an LCD.

This is being phased in slowly.....

#3726 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I can't wait to see what final surprises jack has in store for us

No doubt. I looked on Pinball News and it's still unclear to me exactly how Bag End will finish up. It still looks incomplete. And although I've heard a number of posters muse that the light on the backbox is simply a placeholder for Pat's game - I dunno. I keep thinking (hoping?) that it will be active on TH. And do we know what purpose the button on the lock down bar serves? Does it work the diverter?

#3727 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

» YouTube video

video is set to private

#3728 5 years ago

that mini LCD screen really bugs me how it's displayed. Feels to forced into the overall look. Would have been better to integrate it into a sculpted book, maybe with 2 separate LCD's for each page to make it look more like a book. I don't know. Just seems out of place right now. Hopefully that part will be changed in the final draft. Hope so. Still think that upper flipper is completely useless. Would rather see the money for those parts go into something more useful.

#3729 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If he final version amazes me and I never have to deal with Alex I may be on board : )

You do realize I do quite a bit more than tech support. LOL

#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

» YouTube video

I now realize why I never had a desire to see that movie. It looks just awful.

#3732 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

» YouTube video

Out of context, I would have had no clue what the hell he was screaming.

Even in context, it took his second scream for me to realize... oh he's yelling "Tech Support!!"

#3733 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I now realize why I never had a desire to see that movie. It looks just awful.

It's actually pretty awesome. Has a unique storyline. I liked it a lot.

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

video is set to private

Still

#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's actually pretty awesome. Has a unique storyline. I liked it a lot.

I thought I was the only one, I hid in the closet for years, I always thought Vanilla Sky was a good movie, I liked it! There I said it, liberating

#3736 5 years ago

Short but sweet.

#3737 5 years ago

Can anyone tell if the pin in the video has a playfield protector or the thicker decals?

#3738 5 years ago

The game at EAG has the thick decals yes, no PF protector

#3739 5 years ago

Hi Jen,

For a home use setting, would there be any advantage to getting thicker decals or a PF? I.e., would a PF preclude one from needing to clean the playfield with novus once or twice a year?

#3740 5 years ago

Are the letters individually lit on the ramps ?

#3741 5 years ago

All the games at expo looked amazing as far as cabinet art. I can't imagine you can go wrong with either.

#3742 5 years ago

Take a look at how the interface has changed from the original posting at the beginning of this thread (12 months ago)

Original
HOB-INT-0.jpg

Current
HOB-INT-1.jpg

#3743 5 years ago

Yes, interface seems much improved, very nice!...I have no worries about that aspect of the game.

#3744 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Short but sweet.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

It seems like the ball just has so far to travel to those ramps. No successful ramp shots in those videos. Thank you for showing some single ball play instead of only multi-ball. I don't quite love this yet, and I am trying to.

I agree interface is fine. No problems there.

#3745 5 years ago

It looks like a lot going on
Should be a blast.

#3746 5 years ago

Thanks for the videos. JP is doing a great job on the motion graphics. My only real concern is it's a bit ADHD right now. Boom boom boom boom, things switching, a scroll appears, starts to unroll, and then is replaced by an orc, and then immediately by Gandalf, just really fast and hyper. Curious to see how that ends up working out in practice.

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That mini LCD screen really bugs me how it's displayed. Feels to forced into the overall look. Would have been better to integrate it into a sculpted book, maybe with 2 separate LCD's for each page to make it look more like a book. I don't know. Just seems out of place right now. Hopefully that part will be changed in the final draft.

Agreed. It looks like an aftermarket mod. I really hope they have something up their sleeve for this.

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still think that upper flipper is completely useless.

First a useless upper flipper in WOZ, and now one in Hobbit. I guess the useless flipper has become one of JJP's signature playfield features.

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

First a useless upper flipper in WOZ, and now one in Hobbit. I guess the useless flipper has become one of JJP's signature playfield features.

The upper flipper in WOZ is a big part of the game, especially if you want to win the witch hurry-ups to get to battle the witch. You also need to use the upper flipper for the final shot to melt the witch.
The upper flipper is also convenient for controlling the ball in several circumstances throughout the gameplay.

I could make the argument that the upper right flipper in TAF is useless. You can play that game and advance to the wizard mode without ever taking any other shots other than the center ramp and scoop.

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The upper flipper in WOZ is a big part of the game, especially if you want to win the witch hurry-ups to get to battle the witch. You also need to use the upper flipper for the final shot to melt the witch.
The upper flipper is also convenient for controlling the ball in several circumstances throughout the gameplay.

It's good to hear that Keefer figured out some clever ways to integrate the upper flipper. This was not the case back when I owned the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside