47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 201.
#3651 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

V
My video from the link is WOZ?? Is it Hobbit audio loaded on the WOZ I take it?

No it's probably playing through his audio input or Bluetooth kit.

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

V
My video from the link is WOZ?? Is it Hobbit audio loaded on the WOZ I take it?

I have the track samples loaded on my phone connected to the game

Just thought I would share a sample

#3653 9 years ago

Thank you, very cool!

#3654 9 years ago

New Year's bump for those that missed the Hobbit music post

#3655 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

New Year's bump for those that missed the Hobbit music post

Nice...thanks

#3656 9 years ago

I have such a positive feeling about TH it terms of it being a fantastic pin, ofcourse know one knows anything yet but just a gut feeling of greatness, I hope I'm right.

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have such a positive feeling about TH it terms of it being a fantastic pin, ofcourse know one knows anything yet but just a gut feeling of greatness, I hope I'm right.

Dude...Keith on rules, JP on bitchin' LCD animations, and David Thiel on sound/music. Shoot, these guys could make make a Kiss themed pin awesome...but we're talking Hobbit! Awesome theme, great layout (IMO), and these guys = winner.

#3658 9 years ago

There is a ton of potential in this game, and it already looks awesome. Just wait until its completed. On the video posted on this thread, watching the Smaug head light up and the LEDS making it look like he's spitting fire down the playfield was really cool. That's when I realized there are some many facets to this diamond we haven't seen yet.

#3659 9 years ago

Interested to see what comes of these

Quoted from dannunz:I asked Jack at automated what the 10 point switch in the bag end area was and he totally changed the subject. Said it was a surprise.
Don't forget the subway system and upper reverters are not functioning yet.

1 week later
#3660 9 years ago

This was posted on the facebook page of Pinball Heaven.

Doesn't give a total view of the SE model but I do find the gloss way overdone. You cannot actually see what is pictured, but you can see the reflection. Not looking for a mirror on my cabinet.

20150113 The Hobbit.jpg20150113 The Hobbit.jpg

#3661 9 years ago

Almost any surface can appear that way when photographed at an oblique angle under bright light.

#3662 9 years ago

I think it's just the angle as well. But I like the color of the gold trim on TH way better than MMR. The MMR has too much of a yellowish tint to me. Nice to see them side by side tho.

I also heard that Hobbit is running a newer version of code at EAG this week, so I hope someone is kind enough to post some video of it

#3663 9 years ago

I found this preview EAG video link in another thread as well...

#3664 9 years ago

Look forward to seeing more of the code on TH. Despite the higher prices of the newest games, it's a good time to be in pinball.

#3665 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

This was posted on the facebook page of Pinball Heaven.
Doesn't give a total view of the SE model but I do find the gloss way overdone. You cannot actually see what is pictured, but you can see the reflection. Not looking for a mirror on my cabinet.

20150113 The Hobbit.jpg 88 KB

I hope to set those exact three games next to each other in about 6 months...except ECWOZ green and Stainless trim MMr. They look great!

#3666 9 years ago

I want my Hobbit!

#3667 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I hope to set those exact three games next to each other in about 6 months...except ECWOZ green and Stainless trim MMr. They look great!

Lucky lucky you

#3668 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I found this preview EAG video link in another thread as well...
» YouTube video

Phil has a nice accent Looking very good. Maybe the gloss is due to the viewing angle. Have to see it in real life I think. London is not that far away .....

#3669 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's a nice lineup.

#3670 9 years ago

Any picts or updates of Hobbit? I heard new code being shown would like to see some video of it in play.

#3671 9 years ago

Today is the opening day over there. The video said Jack was going to have the code the next day. If the video was shot yesterday, then hopefully the new code was put in today and someone will post a video.

#3672 9 years ago

Yes, I feel very lucky to be able to do this...I do have to sell two machines between now and then. First world problems. Hmmm...Flintstones, JP, and JM are the most likely "victims".

#3673 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Any picts or updates of Hobbit? I heard new code being shown would like to see some video of it in play.

It looks the same hardware already seen with a software update - so I would think that this is still not the final package on the hardware side. Just a guess though...

I think there is more recent cab with PF updates that they are developing with internally and not yet shipping to, and demoing, at Expos.

#3674 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It looks the same hardware already seen with a software update - so I would think that this is still not the final package on the hardware side. Just a guess though...
I think there is more recent cab with PF updates that they are developing with internally and not yet shipping to, and demoing, at Expos.

Do you think, hope or know

#3675 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, I feel very lucky to be able to do this...I do have to sell two machines between now and then. First world problems. Hmmm...Flintstones, JP, and JM are the most likely "victims".

Hmmm tough choice. I think I would hold on to JM love the speed. JP and the Flinstones are fun too.

#3676 9 years ago

Do you think, hope or know

think/hope - I don't know for sure.

#3677 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

someone will post a video

+1 post some new video please

#3678 9 years ago

I'm trying but won't let me download it

#3679 9 years ago

WTF is an upload ID?

#3680 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3681 9 years ago

Thanks for posting! is it new code anything new and different? video would be great!

What's the deal with the Bag end shot now? I don't get it is there any switch in there or is it just an opening to the pops?

#3682 9 years ago

Won't let me post it, or publish on you tube?? Send me a PM and I could email it to you to put on here as I'm not sure how to do it

#3683 9 years ago

HOBBIT was a bit slow, the flippers were set on low power, enough to make the ramps but not get any real speed on the ball. The pitch was out as well.

I managed to figure out a few rules/objectives that gave multiball on the pop ups and making the ramps to lock the ball for SMAUG multiball. Completed the characters and ELF DWARF MAN drops which allowed me to "start" a mode but it was telling me to hit stuff But didn't know where it was or it didn't work after that if you get my drift so couldn't really tell if modes were complete.

The game drop targets did alternate but not sure why, the diverter worked at the top of the cross over once, not sure why tho as I didn't know how I got it to do it. Smaug still has no teeth, not a lot of interaction guess with software updates he will.

But I'm staying in on it. Looks like it will be a good rule set. Won't have a camera or anything in the middle of Backbox, that will be on Pats game

#3684 9 years ago

Just emailed mummite video, hope you get it and manage to get it on here

#3685 9 years ago

From EA in London, Some good pics and a little more info.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/eag2015/index.html

#3686 9 years ago

Pinball news has close up of bag end shot in the EAG news thread

#3687 9 years ago

When does the last movie go to DVD? Is Jack having to delay release of the game until then? I assume the studio is not going to let him release the game with footage from the last movie until the DVD is released.

#3688 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

What's the deal with the Bag end shot now? I don't get it is there any switch in there or is it just an opening to the pops?

There's an opto in there, but other than that I have no clue.

#3689 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

When does the last movie go to DVD? Is Jack having to delay release of the game until then? I assume the studio is not going to let him release the game with footage from the last movie until the DVD is released.

Software update will take care of that...but you're right, nothing from movie 3 until blu-ray release.

#3690 9 years ago

Where did the outlane targets go? Did they get axed or moved as I can't seem to locate them.

#3691 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Where did the outlane targets go? Did they get axed or moved as I can't seem to locate them.

Only on the right side, I think? It's still there in the last picture.

#3692 9 years ago

Still no teeth?

Did they remove the figure from the second barrel??
If so, not happy with that...

And they still have the dwarf city ramp decal running into the river area...it doesn't belong there. C'mon, have some imagination JJP. How about changing the decal to the river scene? Makes sense no? Or better yet how about some molded plastics in there?...seriously 9000$?

#3693 9 years ago

If this is the same machine that was presented in Germany, December(makes sense to not ship another prototype to Europe so soon after that show), I think it had the extra thick decals and playfield protector. Booth the decals and protector made the machine look much more shiny I seem to recall was said by on-site reports.

#3694 9 years ago

Phil has a nice accent Looking very good. Maybe the gloss is due to the viewing angle. Have to see it in real life I think. London is not that far away .....

It really is that glossy, that's the removable art apparently

#3695 9 years ago

Played today, I had no preconceptions of it, I was blown away by it. Game is stunning to look at and fun to shoot, the rules that are in so far are good, hitting the pop ups is really satisfying, they seem soft (think gummy bears) as opposed to the hardness of the trolls on MM. I got a multiball with them all up, I only had one quick game as I only had a little time but I really liked it

#3696 9 years ago

Why is there not a barrel on the left pop bumper? I thought I heard something about it blocking the book, but I don't see how it would do that. The left one is the most exposed of them and is the one in the most need of the barrel. Would look much better than the yellow dome on the "Stern" pop cap.

#3697 9 years ago

I spoke to Jack at Automated and he had told me that they could not release anything from the 3rd movie until it was out on DVD. He told me that would be 2-3 months after the movie was released. That is most likely why all we are seeing is the Prototype without the updates. For all we know TH could be in production as we speak. The finished version just can't been seen until the Movie is released on DVD.

As far as the Thick Glossy art work, I think im sticking to the Original as I really do not want a mirror on the side of my machine.

#3698 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why is there not a barrel on the left pop bumper? I thought I heard something about it blocking the book, but I don't see how it would do that. The left one is the most exposed of them and is the one in the most need of the barrel. Would look much better than the yellow dome on the "Stern" pop cap.

Hell it looks to me like they could add a 3rd barrel now with the new playfield. That stern pop cap has to go.

#3699 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Hell it looks to me like they could add a 3rd barrel now with the new playfield. That stern pop cap has to go.

Exactly! I can't see why there isn't room and it would make the area look a lot different.

#3700 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Exactly! I can't see why there isn't room and it would make the area look a lot different.

At very least it could be a barrel top an inch high...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.