47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 201.
#3601 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The gold trim is hard for me to pass up. Are the rails also gold coated to match?

I would love to have a definitive answer to this question. Are the rails the same color on both the SE & LE versions, or do the rails match the color of the trim on each version? Can Alex shed some light on this?

#3602 9 years ago

I can tell you that the powdercoat on each machine's rails matches the trim. Think WOZ. ECLE had green trim and rails, RR75 had red. It all matches depending on what color you choose.

That being said, the seaside bronze goes much better with the machine.

There. I have spoken.

#3603 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hobbit will fit right in there. 21st century EM. Drops, drops, and more drops.

Is it my imagination or are most of your posts negative bashing of JJP?

Do you have one on order or did you drop out?

Do you wish it was different because you want to get one?

IMO negativity is toxic to the brain and can lead health problems.

Some reading materials: http://themindunleashed.org/2014/10/8-emotional-patterns-can-disturb-inner-peace.html

#3604 9 years ago

Is the video on you tube? I can't view on Vimeo

#3605 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can tell you that the powdercoat on each machine's rails matches the trim. Think WOZ. ECLE had green trim and rails, RR75 had red. It all matches depending on what color you choose.
That being said, the seaside bronze goes much better with the machine.
There. I have spoken.

I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth (Alex), as he's the one doing the powdercoating, but you are probably right.

#3606 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Is it my imagination or are most of your posts negative bashing of JJP?
Do you have one on order or did you drop out?
Do you wish it was different because you want to get one?
IMO negativity is toxic to the brain and can lead health problems.
Some reading materials: http://themindunleashed.org/2014/10/8-emotional-patterns-can-disturb-inner-peace.html

You should learn to spot whimsical observations when you see them.

#3607 9 years ago

I absolutely love the trim on the SE. Those pictures and video sealed it for me, SE all the way. This is probably the most excited I've been with a pinball release since Wolverine LE (and I collected comics as I kid and was crazy stoked for X-Men)

#3608 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I absolutely love the trim on the SE. Those pictures and video sealed it for me, SE all the way. This is probably the most excited I've been with a pinball release since Wolverine LE (and I collected comics as I kid and was crazy stoked for X-Men)

Me too.

#3609 9 years ago

I think I've decided to go with the LE. I like seeing more characters than just Smaug. Plus, I was going to go with the red Smaug toy anyway. Without seeing the extra attract mode, I just can't let that push me to the SE.

I don't really understand why Jack is being so secretive with the current customers who are trying to decide which version to get. I find it a little frustrating.

#3610 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I think I've decided to go with the LE. I like seeing more characters than just Smaug. Plus, I was going to go with the red Smaug toy anyway. Without seeing the extra attract mode, I just can't let that push me to the SE.
I don't really understand why Jack is being so secretive with the current customers who are trying to decide which version to get. I find it a little frustrating.

I think he is waiting for the photo shoot pics to be received so he can have the best representation of the LE and SE.

#3611 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think he is waiting for the photo shoot pics to be received so he can have the best representation of the LE and SE.

Bit late for that if you force your customers to make a decision before 1 January 2015

#3612 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

... I like seeing more characters than just Smaug. ....

Try to find some more sequences wasn't easy. Like on the DPO (www.nfvpinball.nl/) we all had only one ball to play. I suppose it was adjusted that as much as possible people can test it. Also the game was very sensitive, so it was hard go far in the game. Anyway tried to cut some more animations together.

The video is just uploading and will take maybe a while (1h) until it is converted. So stay tuned ...

https://vimeo.com/115662895

#3613 9 years ago

Thanks PinNin

#3614 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think he's waiting for the deadline to pass so he can show the detailed LE pics...cuz he knows it's better.

He's been touting the SE so he could sell as many as he could before 1/1. It'll be all LE from here on out.

#3615 9 years ago

If you have a LOTR LE go Hobbit LE. That way you can put dick beard next to scrotum chin. It will be perfect!

#3616 9 years ago

I'm switching back to the LE, I prefer the red Smaug head and all the characters from the films on the cab decals.

The idea of getting the Smaug upgrade for free sold me at first, but with the new playfield artwork think the LE looks better, struggling to see the value in the SE upgrade.

#3617 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I would love to have a definitive answer to this question. Are the rails the same color on both the SE & LE versions, or do the rails match the color of the trim on each version? Can Alex shed some light on this?

Wire forms match game.

#3618 9 years ago

Thanks Alex!

#3620 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think he's waiting for the deadline to pass so he can show the detailed LE pics...cuz he knows it's better.
He's been touting the SE so he could sell as many as he could before 1/1. It'll be all LE from here on out.

Sounds pretty shady to me if it's true. Right now I like the SE and it's because that's all I have really seen in videos and pics yet I have to make a choice by the 1st so it's go with the one I can physically see or the other in my imagination. Hey Jack here's an idea post full pictures of both versions with a rundown of what exactly we are getting then set a deadline. Right now you are having us make a decision by 3rd party photos and video.

#3621 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Sounds pretty shady to me if it's true. Right now I like the SE and it's because that's all I have really seen in videos and pics yet I have to make a choice by the 1st so it's go with the one I can physically see or the other in my imagination. Hey Jack here's an idea post full pictures of both versions with a rundown of what exactly we are getting then set a deadline. Right now you are having us make a decision by 3rd party photos and video.

We've seen pics of both! Go onto the website now and take a look. Do you want a badass dragon and sweet two stage gold powder with real metal flake or nut sack goblin and ugly white bad guy with the dull single stage gray?

For me it's an easy choice. But for all the ribbing I'm giving the LE guys it's just in jest. The LE looks really nice too and I'd be happy with it if that was the only choice. I just personally like the SE way better. It's up to the eye of the beholder to decide what they think looks best.

#3622 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

We've seen pics of both! Go onto the website now and take a look. Do you want a badass dragon and sweet two stage gold powder with real metal flake or nut sack goblin and ugly white bad guy with the dull single stage gray?
For me it's an easy choice. But for all the ribbing I'm giving the LE guys it's just in jest. The LE looks really nice too and I'd be happy with it if that was the only choice. I just personally like the SE way better. It's up to the eye of the beholder to decide what they think looks best.

Yeah, I'm just sticking with the SE.

#3623 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep. Looks much better than the Johnny-One-Note Smaug Edition.

Aren't you glad we have a choice? Everybody wins!

#3624 9 years ago

Did you notice the young boy mesmerized with the LCD display? He spent 90% of his time watching it vs. the game play. To me, that really demonstrates how dated the DMD's are, and will be. LCD > DMD > EM reels

#3625 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Did you notice the young boy mesmerized with the LCD display? He spent 90% of his time watching it vs. the game play. To me, that really demonstrates how dated the DMD's are, and will be. LCD > DMD > EM reels

I noticed that too, and while I agree with you I think the reason was he was too short to really see the playfield.

EDIT: Wait, watched it again...and you're right - he could see the PF well enough, but preferred watching the back glass monitor.

#3626 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm afraid that kid could care less about playing pinball and was watching the video because there was nothing better to do after his dad dragged him down to look at one. It looks fantastic to me and especially fun during multiball. Hopefully there are numerous MB modes to play.

#3627 9 years ago

I have WOZLE I find myself trying to watch the LCD and play the game. It's actually much more challenging than my DMD's. Which I love... BTW. It's just I feel the new technology JJP is bringing to the table is AWESOME!

#3628 9 years ago

Look around the 1:35 mark of the video. Smaug head lights up during the multiball and lights give the illusion of spitting fire. As cool as that is, the finished product should be amazing.

#3629 9 years ago

Asked my 13 year old son and his friend. Both picked LE cabinet - they liked seeing all the characters. That was before I told them that Smaug on playfield for both. Both look great looking forward to game!

#3630 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm beginning to think that JJP isn't releasing the photo shoot pics they took a couple weeks ago until after January 1st because they want to sell as many SEs as possible first. That's the only model they've been parading around. And why not? It gets them an extra $500 per machine for pretty much nothing else but an attract mode. You'll see the LE come out and make the rounds next week since they'll have no reason to tout the SE anymore...and then you'll see why I think it looks much better than the SE!

of course lead with your highest margin product... same as Stern leading with the LE.

#3631 9 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Asked my 13 year old son and his friend. Both picked LE cabinet - they liked seeing all the characters. That was before I told them that Smaug on playfield for both. Both look great looking forward to game!

I gave my kids the same test and they preferred SE. I think if you like the LE then get it - that way the SE is even fewer in number

They both look nice to me anyway.

#3632 9 years ago

Now it has me wondering what wide body game has the heaviest playfield - this could be a contender - end off topic random thought. Back on topic it's come a long way from what they first showed & makes me wonder how much community input drove better development vs how much games get refined through the ordinary process & we were just able to see it happening.

#3633 9 years ago

The Smaug in general as well as the bag end area hasn't impressed me much. I guess I have just grown accepting of it. Still getting one, so I guess it isn't soooo bad. I just think JJP could have done better

#3634 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, for someone like me where the game is in a row with others, I don't really care about the cabinet. I care about the trim color and whatever is on the playfield since that's all you'll see as a player. The problem is they have not shown the LE with the new playfield and the wireform VUKs. They also haven't done a very good job of showing the trim colors with their respective artwork or as wireforms. Everyone at JJP has been pretty coy about showing both games in detail, which as someone else suggested, seems pretty shady. To set a deadline and make people choose from some crappy photoshop promo mock ups or user collected photos of the SE vs the outdated LE is pretty shitty.

#3635 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's a 2 stage as well . Just a non super gloss clear.

#3636 9 years ago

Couldn't you have the best of both worlds and get the SE and buy the LE super thick replaceable artwork ?

#3637 9 years ago

That's a question for jack as to what policies they will have on how they are sold. May be by game serial number? No idea though.

#3638 9 years ago

I just went back and got a chance to look at the videos that were posted

#3639 9 years ago

Sticking with SE here.. updated gold Smaug head with more red tones looks good and will be even better with the LED eyes..

Lates I'm hearing for actual delivery of games... not till March or April..

#3640 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Who are you hearing that from?

#3641 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Couldn't you have the best of both worlds and get the SE and buy the LE super thick replaceable artwork ?

I considered this. Just seems like more money and trouble than it's worth. Plus with time, someone will probably make it possible to put the extra attract mode on the LE.

#3642 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Really? I was on hold with another machine until I tried Hobbit, but I don't want to wait 90 days.

#3643 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I considered this. Just seems like more money and trouble than it's worth. Plus with time, someone will probably make it possible to put the extra attract mode on the LE.

Negatory

#3644 9 years ago

Wondering why professional pics were not made available prior to deadline. Hoping deadline gets extended a few weeks beyond that point, but have no reason to believe it will be., and still have the same unfilled information needs.

I want to see HD pics demonstrating side by side comparison of standard versus thick decals for both the LE & SE and to watch a video of decals being removed, prior to making a decision. The reason for a video is to judge the level of effort required to swap art and know whether to expect original art to be damaged during removal. Without that info, I'll choose the status quo and stay pat with the LE.

In my best Cuba Gooding Jr voice, "Show me the Hobbit"! ... ,"Show me the Hobbit"!!

#3645 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's a 2 stage as well . Just a non super gloss clear.

I stand corrected...the sparkly gold on the SE will match my sparkly green WOZLE better than the dull finish on the Hobbit LE too.

#3646 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I stand corrected...the sparkly gold on the SE will match my sparkly green WOZLE better than the dull finish on the Hobbit LE too.

It just won't match the rest of the machine.

#3647 9 years ago

Heres a little new years fun...This is some hobbit audio playing in the video..The game volume is set and the track just gets progressively louder.. enjoy...crank your speakers
thanks,
Lorenzo
pinnovators.com

https://flic.kr/p/qBZyHV

#3648 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Heres a little new years fun...This is some hobbit audio playing in the video..The game volume is set and the track just gets progressively louder.. enjoy...crank your speakers
thanks,
Lorenzo
pinnovators.com

That sounds great!

Thanks for posting

#3649 9 years ago

This is going to have the best original music of any game in history.

#3650 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

thanks,
Lorenzo
pinnovators.com

V
My video from the link is WOZ?? Is it Hobbit audio loaded on the WOZ I take it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.