47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 201.
#3551 9 years ago

Smaug all the way. It is an easy choice for me. It is stunning!

#3552 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I don't suppose a picture of those posted on here would help that much for us on the fence or would it? Your thoughts between the 2 colors?

I could not do a any better than what has been shown already. The gold color I order that is the closest to what Alex is going to use is Roman Gold # 1638. Alex said that it will have a more aged appearance then the sample.

I liked the gold better, for sure personal preference here.

#3553 9 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

They are applied to a very thin piece of metal, 1" X 3"

Perfect. Spraying on something else would not show the color as accurately.

#3554 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Alex,
What kind of Hobbit are YOU getting? LE or SE?

Lol. Whatever dev game can be put together from spare parts.

#3555 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does Prismatic really give free swatches to people other than shops who use their powder?

Anyone can order free swatches.

#3556 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

You can come over when I get it, have some beers and play!

I'm all over that! When does this baby ship?

#3557 9 years ago

Would like to wish all you Pinsiders a happy and wonderful holiday!

#3558 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I'm all over that! When does this baby ship?

Still trying to figure that one out

#3559 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Hope to go to Germany on 27 December to see (SE model) and play The Hobbit there.
Jack confirmed that the version as shown at Automated Services https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/66#post-2102977 is pretty close to the production model. I think the only changes to be made are teeth and LED lights for Smaug and smaller axes on the slings. Also the cabinet art on the SE is final. So same picture for left and right side of cabinet.

Due to the very bad weather with lots of snow I couldn't make the trip from The Netherlands to Germany

Anyone here on the forum been to Freddy's and can give us an update on The Hobbit?

#3560 9 years ago

Someone on the German forum uploaded some pictures.

http://www.directupload.net/galerie/411875/QJ3uYvQv3G/0

I think this is the exact same proto as shown at Automated.

#3561 9 years ago

Gold Smaug version does look really good, may have to switch over to that one.

#3562 9 years ago

Someone on the German forum uploaded some pictures.

http://www.directupload.net/galerie/411875/QJ3uYvQv3G/0

I think this is the exact same proto as shown at Automated.

Those are some nice high quality pictures. Does anyone have any of similar quality pictures of the LE so we can make a decision between the two models?

#3563 9 years ago

And a video also from the German forum

https://vimeo.com/115532046

#3564 9 years ago

» Vimeo video

That is simply "sick" (as in greatness).

Anybody that thinks "dots" are better than the LCD rendering and interaction has to be out of his mind.

The light show is unreal, the ruleset will be phenomenal with Keith and I think it looks F ing amazing.

#3565 9 years ago

Wow. That video is awesome. The finished product will rock. Now I just have to make the final decision of LE or SE.

#3566 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Wow. That video is awesome. The finished product will rock. Now I just have to make the final decision of LE or SE.

And the LE version as shown at the Dutch Pinball open.
Not much there for art comparison, but you can get a good impression of the color of the powder coat.

http://vimeo.com/110725499

#3567 9 years ago

A top notch quality machine jam packed with features. That's how you build a real game!!

#3568 9 years ago

Happy with my decision to go with the SE. Game looks great, can't wait to get this thing in my basement!

The playfield seems to really jump out and lighting looks awesome as well! With Keith on the rules, this game is going in the right direction.

#3569 9 years ago

Sweet! Sticking with my LE #60 here love the hole art and trim package. Goes together like a charm.

#3570 9 years ago

I'm beginning to think that JJP isn't releasing the photo shoot pics they took a couple weeks ago until after January 1st because they want to sell as many SEs as possible first. That's the only model they've been parading around. And why not? It gets them an extra $500 per machine for pretty much nothing else but an attract mode. You'll see the LE come out and make the rounds next week since they'll have no reason to tout the SE anymore...and then you'll see why I think it looks much better than the SE!

#3571 9 years ago

I dunno randy the gold powder is pretty sweet

#3572 9 years ago

They both look really nice to me, a hard choice but I am going with the SE. I think I will also get the PF protector and the thick decals to make it super shiny and as rugged as possible.

Pictures would be great from JJP but not if they aren't done with the pin yet. The gold trim is hard for me to pass up. Are the rails also gold coated to match?

#3573 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They both look really nice to me, a hard choice but I am going with the SE. I think I will also get the PF protector and the thick decals to make it super shiny and as rugged as possible.
Pictures would be great from JJP but not if they aren't done with the pin yet. The gold trim is hard for me to pass up. Are the rails also gold coated to match?

Yep! SE trounces scrotum chin!!

#3574 9 years ago

From the video, it looks like the book LCD is very clear and should give Keith another great dimension to work with such as what mode is lit, what to shoot during mode, etc.

#3575 9 years ago

i still have the same "feeling" (seing this video, and having played it at the DPO) thats is quite to empty in the middle, than OK its a widebody, and i dont really like them, may be thats my prob

lucky we not all have same taste, alse it would be very boring
and with no doubt this pin will have his fans, but i'm not in at the moment

also had to be played again when code is finished/polished, may i'll change my mind

#3576 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And will there be pancakes when it is dropped off ?
LTG : )™

Mmm pancakes and pinball, maybe I should requst this from my wife for me SE urn boxing party!

#3577 9 years ago

I agree with RipleYYY. All dressed up and still boring

#3578 9 years ago

Pop up targets will make the middle interesting. Still needs more GI.

#3579 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I agree with RipleYYY. All dressed up and still boring

yep... and lol because the CHIMAY avatar !? than you're drinking beers from my little country

#3580 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I dunno randy the gold powder is pretty sweet

Wasn't a fan of the SE when I saw it at automated. Love the LE, and I feel a kinship with the goblin king since he looks like me with my shirt off.

#3581 9 years ago

Wow the lighting and video really look nice and looks like everything is coming together to be a really nice game

#3582 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i still have the same "feeling" (seing this video, and having played it at the DPO) thats is quite to empty in the middle, than OK its a widebody, and i dont really like them, may be thats my prob
lucky we not all have same taste, alse it would be very boring
and with no doubt this pin will have his fans, but i'm not in at the moment
also had to be played again when code is finished/polished, may i'll change my mind

I have a similar concern. I've noticed they seem to only be showing the multiball play in the last couple of videos that were released. Obviously that will artificially increase the "speed" of the game since there are now 3/4 pinballs instead of just 1. Just a thought.

#3583 9 years ago

I played it at automated and it was no slowerer than any other wide body. With the pop ups I'd say it was faster than any wide body I ever played. I had a mode going at one time were all 4 pop ups came up at once and that got crazy.

#3584 9 years ago

Don't understand why so many still speculate on gameplay as its been proven time and time again that the only real way to judge a new pin is for us to get it home, set it up, play it for a month or two in the right atmosphere with good volume and a better understanding of the rules than you could ever get from these video's. Yes, if a camera is set up correctly and you can watch a well played game with the rules explained as it goes then its a lot easier to make a judgment, aka The predator. That video solidified my commitment to that pin, even though the companies communication sucks. We haven't seen shit with regards to The Hobbit and the gameplay yet the term boring keeps popping up, if I recall some of the best pins of the 2000's received utterly awful first impressions and now have become sought after dare I say classics. For me anyway I cannot make an honest assessment without playing it myself, and in the right environment, the WOZ sound in the background would be enough to affect my perception that's for sure. See what a couple coffee's can do, I'm babbling.

#3585 9 years ago

» Vimeo video

Maybe some more comments on the video.

The prototype has an protector on the playfield, that is the reason of the strong reflections. I think you later on can order it from Freddy's shop. You can get it already for the Wizard of Oz:
http://www.pinballscore.de/index.php?f=3&q=1140
http://www.pinballscore.de/artikelphotos/img_7632b_xl.jpg

The prototype also has some strong foil overlays on the cabinet to prevent scratches. For me it looked really cool and is a nice innovation. Maybe later you also can by or get it, but I don't know.

The sound on the video is poor because there where some temporary technical problems. This could be fixed on the next day. So the final sound will be as good as on Wizard of Oz .

Please also keep in mind:
This Hobbit is a prototype. The software is a test version in the development phase, hence functions of the pinball machine are currently restricted.

Further information:
jerseyjackpinball.com
freddys-pinball-paradise.de

#3586 9 years ago

I was asked how the golden coating looks like. First of all I was only a visitor , but I see that the time is short for the pre-ordering for the Smaug version, so let's see what pictures I can find.

Hope it helps you to find a decision.

The powder coating fits quit good to the new decals, the theme, and the machine.

P1100963b-left-side-cabinet.JPGP1100963b-left-side-cabinet.JPG
P1100975b-smaug-front-cabinet.JPGP1100975b-smaug-front-cabinet.JPG

#3587 9 years ago

Maybe also helpful is a look at the good looking quality of the machanics for the stand up targets and "trolls".

Each target is controllable, so up, down, and bank. Means for all targets 11x2+3=25 driver . I heared that in total The Hobbit uses more driver than the Wizard of Oz.

P1110030b-smaug-under-playfield-troll-mechanics.JPGP1110030b-smaug-under-playfield-troll-mechanics.JPG P1110031b-smaug-target-bank-for-dwarf.JPGP1110031b-smaug-target-bank-for-dwarf.JPG
#3588 9 years ago

that looks to be a pretty awesome place to play.

#3589 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that looks to be a pretty awesome place to play.

+1

(on the pictures are all new Stern pinball machines are missing, also the new show room with several Wizards of Oz)

#3590 9 years ago

I just saw they had some EMs and old school DMD's. I love diversity. Especially in locations.

#3591 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just saw they had some EMs and old school DMD's. I love diversity. Especially in locations.

Hobbit will fit right in there. 21st century EM. Drops, drops, and more drops.

#3592 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Oh yes, 170+ machines. All kind of machines from really old to new. Also machines playable where only a few are left, with really good condition.
i.e. Defender ( http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=651)

#3593 9 years ago

sounds awesome. Wish we had a location like that around here.

#3594 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hobbit will fit right in there. 21st century EM. Drops, drops, and more drops.

And the problem with that would be...?

I happen to like EMs.

#3595 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the problem with that would be...?
I happen to like EMs.

Nothing at all......if you like EMs.

I do too, in small doses.

#3596 9 years ago

I like all. All have their charm and appeal. I have to admit, it's hard to open that mind up and allow the old school stuff to enter. I think many of us that like early SS and EM stuff now, were close minded DMD snobs at first as well. Unless you were into that stuff when it was new, most of us were spoiled by the TAF, FH, WH2O stuff when it came out. Made us snub the old stuff. That is......until we played everything there was for the new stuff. Started giving the old school stuff a chance, and realizing the rules and layouts can be just as fun as any DMD title.

#3597 9 years ago

Just because a game has more than average drop targets its a EM? This game is so much more.

#3598 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Just because a game has more than average drop targets its a EM? This game is so much more.

Yes, Gabe. It's an EM. But with wireform VUKs. And pop up bash toys. And a windlance. And a talking dragon. And an RGB LED light show and 2 LCD display screens. But besides that, it's EXACTLY like an EM. How do you not see that?

#3599 9 years ago

btw, drop targets are not the end all. My favorite EM of all time, doesn't even have a drop target in it.

#3600 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, Gabe. It's an EM. But with wireform VUKs. And pop up bash toys. And a windlance. And a talking dragon. And an RGB LED light show and 2 LCD display screens. But besides that, it's EXACTLY like an EM. How do you not see that?

Don't forget a automatic launcher.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.