Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 201.
#3451 5 years ago

Still waiting for real news.

A little advertising I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=NxB-IIT1N_U

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Still waiting for real news.
A little advertising I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=NxB-IIT1N_U

For us in the US - "This video is not available in your country."

Will have to watch this later at home when I can VPN and not set off the security alarms.

Let Freedom ring!

#3453 5 years ago

Oh sry,don't know why the video is blocked in the US. But it's nothing important. Just a advertising with a dwarf that wants to travel to the hobbit movie.

#3454 5 years ago

Jersey Jack is great no doubt.
But i think the Hobbit playfield is just lacking lots of toys and no upper or under playfield or other cool stuff...
is the lightshow gonna be as awesome as WOZ? Doubt that to.
I hope when i see it in real life iTS gonna rock my socks off...

#3455 5 years ago

Just watched a video of the most current showing and I think it looks great!

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from mattsmith:

I think TH will be a modders paradise.

WOZ doesn't seem a very popular game for modders.

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

WOZ doesn't seem a very popular game for modders.

Lighting, lighted apples on the pop bumper trees, lighted state fair pop bumper, throne room head. Castle walls, emerald city 3d thing, toto in backet, tornado, witch well. Cliffy for spinning house playfield.

There have been a few.

LTG : )™

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

But i think the Star Trek playfield is just lacking lots of toys and no upper or under playfield or other cool stuff...

i fixed it for ya. have fun with your incomplete game bro.

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

i fixed it for ya. have fun with your incomplete game bro.

O o

#3460 5 years ago

I appreciate all the videos of the hobbit but would love to see a still, clear, great sound video. Do any exist....

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lighting, lighted apples on the pop bumper trees, lighted state fair pop bumper, throne room head. Castle walls, emerald city 3d thing, toto in backet, tornado, witch well. Cliffy for spinning house playfield.
There have been a few.
LTG : )™

Not to mention the best one by far: the PinballBulbs GI upgrade kit!

134718.jpg
#3462 5 years ago

Looks great, but that Smaug area will always keep on itching. Could be so much better.

Ah well, its not, hope it will turn out awesome.

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

But i think the Hobbit playfield is just lacking lots of toys and no upper or under playfield or other cool stuff...

Toys do not make a great pinball, and lower playfields for the most part are very boring and interrupt gameplay. I like and really enjoy that Jack has gone to a more open and once set up I think fast game. If every pin was like TZ I would be very unhappy. IM and AFM are quite baron but awesome, layout and rules is really what leads to greatness. We won't know till its in our homes and a few months go by. I prefer speed and flow over stop and go, some guys like stop and go, I like both. JMO

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not to mention the best one by far: the PinballBulbs GI upgrade kit!

134718.jpg 44 KB

After $8000 should you really need a upgrade

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Looks great, but that Smaug area will always keep on itching. Could be so much better.
Ah well, its not, hope it will turn out awesome.

Not just the Smaug area, the whole PF. Not saying it hasn't improved but it's still far from a masterpiece. Gameplay might as well be the best thing since slice bread, the art direction though is all over the place.

People demanding mods after taking one look at that prototype says it all. Not that what's been suggested is realistic (Smaug body...) but it's a pretty good indicator of just how underwhelming the visual presentation of TH really is.

With TH you get a seemingly random mix of pieces and a LCD showing scenes from the movies, telling you you're in middle earth. When you stand in front of LOTR you just feel it. Huge difference! I think Jack has to step up his game.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like and really enjoy that Jack has gone to a more open and once set up I think fast game.

Name one widebody that is a fast playing game?

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DM

#3468 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Full Throttle (Yes, I played it)

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Look at the TWD LE

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Ask TWD owners. I think half of page one threads are dedicated to mods for that pin.

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Ask TWD owners. I think half of page one threads are dedicated to mods for that pin.

You will not find me showing love for TWD LE

#3472 5 years ago

When are we making our decision on the "Super thick detachable art". I thought we were getting details and had a cuttoff date to decide if we wanted it.

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

When are we making our decision on the "Super thick detachable art". I thought we were getting details and had a cuttoff date to decide if we wanted it.

I've never heard of a cutoff date for the Super Thick Detachable Art. The cutoff date is only for converting from LE to SE or outright purchasing the SE. I would imagine there is some sort of cutoff to changing to upgraded art, but I'm guessing that's simply dictated by the time your machine goes to production.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DM, STTNG in fact if you set up the game just right with a high pitch but still able to hits the ramps you can make pretty much any game fast. The open playfield style helps as well, my Data East games always seemed slow but I used to put Stern legs on the back that are already longer then an inch on the leg levelers and instantly transformed into speed demon, my JD was fast as hell.

#3475 5 years ago

neither one is that fast of a game tho. STTNG especially. Sure you have it set to 9 degrees and it will drop fast, but with widebodies, you still have a long side to side action which is why widebodies have slow play. Hobbit looks like it will very slow because of the wide open space. DM can be faster only because the ramps are nice , quick and smooth. But is slower when you shoot the center skip ramp and right loop and left eye shot. Still isn't as fast as something like IM.

#3476 5 years ago

Who cares who has the "fastest" pinball machine. I like variety. Fast, slow, medium, whatever, its the spice of life!

If I want to see fast I'll roll 5 pinballs down the street outside of my house.

#3477 5 years ago

I don't care for speed personally. I'm just justifying those that are saying Hobbit looks like it's going to play fast. Error...error....error...does not compute.....wide body....fast playing......error...

Personally, TZ and TAF are some of my top favorites and they are not know for speed or flow. I prefer stop and go action as there are more shots and more the the layouts on those games over , flowy fan pattern ones.

robbie.jpg
#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't care for speed personally

I don't understand?

untitled.png
#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't understand?

untitled.png 20 KB

Here's a visual aid.

stopngo.jpg
#3480 5 years ago

What a non discussion. Yes a widebody probably never plays as fast as a non widebody. Never played IM but I did have a TS and that is what I call a fast game. In the end though you are comparing apples with.......

I played TH and it is not fast but certainly not slow. It has good flow for a widebody. I see some similarities in the playfield layout between TH and Sttng. I like that pin a lot. And with all the new technology, cool (story based) rules, sound, SFX and animation I think TH is going to be a lot of fun and that is what counts.

#3481 5 years ago

I like a game with a variety of shots that feel satisfying (not necessarily speed) so at least with widebodies you usually get that variety (and usually with more features/toys).

#3482 5 years ago

Hope to go to Germany on 27 December to see (SE model) and play The Hobbit there.

Jack confirmed that the version as shown at Automated Services https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/66#post-2102977 is pretty close to the production model. I think the only changes to be made are teeth and LED lights for Smaug and smaller axes on the slings. Also the cabinet art on the SE is final. So same picture for left and right side of cabinet.

#3483 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Hope to go to Germany on 27 December to see (SE model) and play The Hobbit there.
Jack confirmed that the version as shown at Automated Services https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/66#post-2102977 is pretty close to the production model. I think the only changes to be made are teeth and LED lights for Smaug and smaller axes on the slings. Also the cabinet art on the SE is final. So same picture for left and right side of cabinet.

So the post in the other thread where someone is saying there could still be tons of stuff to suprise us with, is probably wishful thinking.

#3484 5 years ago

Unfortunately I can't go to Freddys Pinball Paradise an 27.12.
Have fun there with the SE Hobbit and the other 170 pinballs, it's really great there!

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

So the post in the other thread where someone is saying there could still be tons of stuff to suprise us with, is probably wishful thinking.

I still expect the Beast GI and a windlance toy and some more detail in some Areas.

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I cannot tell that. If Jack told me it wouldn't be a surprise anymore He did say something like this: "We cannot make more changes, it is time to get those pins out'

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Jersey Jack is great no doubt.

Two words... Drop Targets

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Unfortunately I can't go to Freddys Pinball Paradise an 27.12.
Have fun there with the SE Hobbit and the other 170 pinballs, it's really great there!

If I can make it and will post some stuff here. The Place indeed looks great.

#3489 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Two words... Drop Targets

Three words: Moving drop targets. Far more interesting.

#3490 5 years ago

If I can make it and will post some stuff here.

Some close up pics of the new Bag End area would be nice. Also a good pic of that "sticker placeholder" on the head. If there's going to be any last-minute surprises before production starts, I'd say it's going to be either a flasher or camera in that area.

#3491 5 years ago

Didn't Jack say contractually the pin had to be finished by the last movie release?

#3492 5 years ago

I don't believe so. That was an assumption made by everyone here. But with all the changes to the game since expo, it's a moot point now. He gets a pass from me at least, since they've done a lot of work to update the game in the last 2 months, and they're pretty close to finalizing everything at this point. I'm pretty sure production will start around the end of January, since they'd like to avoid the same drama that occurred with WOZ production. No worries from me.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

??? hhhmmmmmmhhh ???

..... where have they being moved ??????

#3494 5 years ago

Perhaps "dancing drop targets" would have been more appropriate.

Nice palindrome, Jeff! Nope...never mind. You changed it!

#3495 5 years ago

Bag end is not finished, Smaug is not finished, left side wires not finished, code is definitly not finished. When jack says no more changes I think what he meant is that the machine is not completed as planned but there will be no more changes for what he has planned.. It does not mean the proto type is finished. Do not dissappoint yourself by assuming or speculation. I am sure when this game is complete we will all still be in the WoW factor.

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Bag end is not finished, Smaug is not finished, left side wires not finished, code is definitly not finished. When jack says no more changes I think what he meant is that the machine is not completed as planned but there will be no more changes for what he has planned.. It does not mean the proto type is finished. Do not dissappoint yourself by assuming or speculation. I am sure when this game is complete we will all still be in the WoW factor.

The change list was published before the game went to Automated Services. And the only things to do from that proto to production model are Smaug teeth, eyes, beast GI and smaller axes I believe.

They recently had a professional photoshoot. Why do that if a lot of changes still have to be made.

Don't get me wrong. I do like to get some pleasant surprises, but Jack saying no more changes and with all the other cards on the table I do not see that happening.

#3497 5 years ago

The change list was published before the game went to Automated Services. And the only things to do from that proto to production model are Smaug teeth, eyes, beast GI and smaller axes I believe.
They recently had a professional photoshoot. Why do that if a lot of changes still have to be made.
Don't get me wrong. I do like to get some pleasant surprise, but Jack saying no more changes and all the other cards on the table I do not see that happening.

Bingo.

#3498 5 years ago

but Jack saying no more changes and with all the other cards on the table I do not see that happening.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

and don't forget moving the targets

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

image.jpg 61 KB

That looks like mirror polished brass, you sure this is what is being offered? I like it, but think finish clashes with metal on pf. LE is the way I'd go....but maybe replace that cute red Smaug with the red/gold version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside