Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 201.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I've gone back and forth on this too. Right now I'm in for Smaug but the LE Armor looks nice....but the Smaug on the sides looks cool.

I can't decide either. I will make the final decision when they release the photos from the photo shoot.

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It depends on how the head mech is coded. If it rotates 180 degrees on the final build, then adding a modded body or torso behind the head is silly. Who wants to see a Linda Blair exorcist Smaug with a backward head on his body? I know I don't. I trust the head is going to get integrated fine with proper lighting in that area, added teeth, lit up eyes & coded mechanics.

Thats true, but you could still have other body parts (wings/claws/tail) like he is sitting "in the pile of gold" and they are sticking out. You wouldn't necessarily have to have the body and neck directly behind the current head. That way his head can turn but it wouldn't necessarily give the exorcist effect. Even the originally planned "tail" diverter might be enough to make the difference.

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Remember looks can be very deceiving, one look at AFM and you would never think its a great game, same with many others so toys, highly populated playfields with all kinds of extra crap do not guarantee a great playing pin, IM is pretty bare bones but fun as hell. I'm seeing something unique and interesting when I look at it, gameplay cannot be judged at this point and for me not till I get it home, so we are going strictly by cosmetics right now. The controlled drop targets and pop ups will allow for what I believe will be some great gameplay. Code will dictate whether this pin is a real winner or not, just can't see it being a dud but time will tell.

Well said.

#3404 5 years ago

Why are you guys shitting all over this game? The changes so far all look pretty good.

Plus, it's actually going to get built, unlike *some*...

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Who wants to see a Linda Blair exorcist Smaug

I do. There's a great pin waiting to be made The Exorcist. "The power of Christ compels you" A 360 degree spinning head that you smash and green vomit appears, It might seem like I'm kidding but if someone makes it, I'm in. Exorcist LE sorry no premiums.

#3406 5 years ago

Just got a refund. Ill be squirreling that money away for a deposit on PLs next game. THLE just doesn't do it for me. That PF looks too bare.

#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why are you guys shitting all over this game? The changes so far all look pretty good.
Plus, it's actually going to get built, unlike *some*...

I don't think they are shitting on it (Some are but they shit on everything LOL), they are providing valuable feedback to which we consume and in a lot of cases address. The feedback loop is extremely important. Again as we have said we don't make this game for us

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Just got a refund. Ill be squirreling that money away for a deposit on PLs next game. THLE just doesn't do it for me. That PF looks too bare.

It's actually not bare at all and it's an AMAZING shooting game and setup properly is really fast but to each his own. There is a shoe for every foot.

#3409 5 years ago

Im more of a Twilight Zone guy than a AFM guy. I also think I am just not that interested in pinball anymore. $7500 is a lot of cash for me if I am not batshit crazy over every aspect of a game.

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Thats true, but you could still have other body parts (wings/claws/tail) like he is sitting "in the pile of gold" and they are sticking out. You wouldn't necessarily have to have the body and neck directly behind the current head. That way his head can turn but it wouldn't necessarily give the exorcist effect. Even the originally planned "tail" diverter might be enough to make the difference.

I doubt it. Have you looked a photos or video from a top down perspective? Smaug's head is huge & takes up that entire back area. There's no space for body parts/wings/tails sticking out of gold. They'd have to be huge to be in the right perspective, and there's just no room back there for that stuff from what I can see. Time to move on. Ready to see the teeth, lit eyes & the amount of speech/player interaction that gets put into the gameplay.

#3411 5 years ago

It might sound silly, but I wish the yellow dome plastics were different color depending on location. To me the yellow domes only look good in the gold pile. Otherwise they look a bit off to me.

#3412 5 years ago

Don't underestimate pinside modders.

#3413 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I can't decide either. I will make the final decision when they release the photos from the photo shoot.

When is the photo shoot?

#3414 5 years ago

Everyone has their oppinion on this game but If you think it's bad just by looking at it then shame on you. I played the game with the lastest upgrades and had a blast. Wanted to hog the machine but the line was to long. It will only get better since it is not yet a finished product. There is more to come as JJP had told me. He did what he could to please everyone but with the licensing, He had his hands tied behind his back. All the things you guys talk about that you dont like and would like to see, he addressed as best he could but his hands were tied behind his back and you could see the frustration when he spoke about the licensing issues. Give Jack a break. I think him and the team are doing a great job considering all the issues they ran into. As I said to him you can't possibly please the entire world there will always be someone trying to knock you down. The game I thought was a great play and it is not even complete. And if you dont like the game no one is forcing you to buy it. You could always go out and start building your own pins as well. We all have different opinions and it's great to hear everyone but considering what Jack has accomplished In the trade compared to other companies that have been around for decades, I think Jack should get a standing ovation for his accomplishments. JMO

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Coolest magnet use of the older games is on ToM.

I don't know TZ upper playfield has always been my favorite toy

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I don't know TZ upper playfield has always been my favorite toy

Then you will love MG and RAZA!

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im more of a Twilight Zone guy than a AFM guy. I also think I am just not that interested in pinball anymore. $7500 is a lot of cash for me if I am not batshit crazy over every aspect of a game.

Don't sweat it. You can come over and try mine when they ship.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Then you will love MG and RAZA!

When they get made. Which is never.

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When they get made. Which is never.

True, true!

#3420 5 years ago

When people kept calling BS when we said the license wouldn't allow us to do x and y we knew the fact of the matter. People kept comparing it to other games on the horizon that seemed to have free will with their license. Well as we now all see, Licensing guidelines aren't a suggestion. I think that should be the end of that particular discussion. Lol.

#3421 5 years ago

Oh, I don't blame Jack. jack is a great guy and he does bend over backwards to make everyone happy. My WOZ shows that. TH just isn't my kind of game as I said. I can still grab one in the future if I play it and love it. There are other reasons however. I am working on a restore of a corvette that I discovered basically needs a whole new body as the frame the glass body is glued to is rusted beyond repair. Also, I know for damn sure, no matter what, I want PL's game and that one will not be held back by any license. I asked Jen to just put my money on that but she said that it couldn't happen that deposits weren't being accepted for that game yet. I may regret this decision, we will see. When I told my son that I had pulled out he was disappointed and told me that my wife was going to give me money to pay the game off and buy me the movies and a some collectables she had found. She will be pissed now I promise you. JFYI, if JPOP were more approachable and open I would love to put cash down on AIW but there is no way when I cannot contact him and there is nothing for me to see on the first 2 that he is supposed to put out.

Merry Christmas to everyone on Pinside. If you don't do Christmas have a awesome holiday

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Everyone has their oppinion on this game but If you think it's bad just by looking at it then shame on you. I played the game with the lastest upgrades and had a blast. Wanted to hog the machine but the line was to long. It will only get better since it is not yet a finished product. There is more to come as JJP had told me. He did what he could to please everyone but with the licensing, He had his hands tied behind his back. All the things you guys talk about that you dont like and would like to see, he addressed as best he could but his hands were tied behind his back and you could see the frustration when he spoke about the licensing issues. Give Jack a break. I think him and the team are doing a great job considering all the issues they ran into. As I said to him you can't possibly please the entire world there will always be someone trying to knock you down. The game I thought was a great play and it is not even complete. And if you dont like the game no one is forcing you to buy it. You could always go out and start building your own pins as well. We all have different opinions and it's great to hear everyone but considering what Jack has accomplished In the trade compared to other companies that have been around for decades, I think Jack should get a standing ovation for his accomplishments. JMO

+1 I can't applaud this comment enough.

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

new pics from today, looking fantastic!!

1549293_896378233714107_90383703... 136 KB

10846111_896377933714137_8406784... 114 KB

1461590_896380040380593_75374131... 136 KB

10850293_896380010380596_4559405... 120 KB

10858443_896377907047473_5742864... 97 KB

ooooh a hobbit would be soo nice. Cheap at even twice the price!!
tumblr_ldc2yatq3K1qzada4-727.gif

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I doubt it. Have you looked a photos or video from a top down perspective? Smaug's head is huge & takes up that entire back area. There's no space for body parts/wings/tails sticking out of gold. They'd have to be huge to be in the right perspective, and there's just no room back there for that stuff from what I can see. Time to move on. Ready to see the teeth, lit eyes & the amount of speech/player interaction that gets put into the gameplay.

I'm still not opposed to trying like some. Anyone reading this thinking about doing a mod for it. Your looking at your first customer.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT:Hahahaha really funny if all the JPOP guys get F#cked huh? That's hilarious!! Remember while you 2 are busy slapping each other on the back that if those games never see the light of day some really good pinheads are getting screwed.... Glad you guys think that is so funny.
Sorry for the OT

hmmm...you know I'm in on a JPOP, right? I guess not based on that comment.

#3427 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

hmmm...you know I'm in on a JPOP, right? I guess not based on that comment.

Sorry pimp didn't realize you were in on JPOP, I'm just pretty discouraged right now!

#3429 5 years ago

We all are...tomorrow is a big day. I hope at least.

#3430 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered already...

Joe Balcer left the project a long time ago. Who has been in charge of changing the
playfield and the game overall since his departure? I think a lot of things have been changed
since he left.

#3431 5 years ago

I keep thinking Smaug needs some sort of gold chain "fence/curtain" in front of him so he can appear through it when his head turns - like when he emerges from under the pile of gold to talk to Bilbo. Surely someone clever can design one of these?

#3432 5 years ago

I want to see the Jpop stuff get made because I want to see what magic girl looks like. Always been a fan of his games, not always a fan of the rules, but the games always look great. I could have gotten in on Magic girl when it was first announced, which was 13k the initial day. But, like I always say, play before you pay. Especially with a big ticket item like this. Couldn't do it, but I hope it looks great and is awesome for the ones that did get in. Means he'll make more of other games in the future.

#3433 5 years ago

I think that this game looks like a step in the right direction and I am very anxious to see what pat and jack have in store for us with the next game especially since pat has not done a game in almost a decade.

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Joe Balcer left the project a long time ago. Who has been in charge of changing the
playfield and the game overall since his departure? I think a lot of things have been changed
since he left.

We do have a second well known (understatement) designer on staff

#3435 5 years ago

Any new video available ?

#3436 5 years ago

Now that the Hobbit movie is official out are there other things which can now be revealed which were unable to be revealed previously?

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Now that the Hobbit movie is official out are there other things which can now be revealed which were unable to be revealed previously?

+1

#3438 5 years ago

Maybe, Just maybe, that is why they did a photo shoot????

#3439 5 years ago

Pinister, maybe that is why they did the shoot. Those of us that are not as fortunate to have seen and played it first hand like you are hanging on these threads hungry for TH news. Plus I'm anxious to make the final decision between LE and SE.

#3440 5 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

since he left.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

We do have a second well known (understatement) designer on staff

Before this comment is taken the wrong way... The entire staff of JJP was forced to pick up the pieces when Joe left the company. The in house staff did a great job in both finishing the game and responding to comments heard at expo. There should be no question that I personally did not have any input other than small day to day things like " adjust that post a little". To imply I did more than that is a dis-service to the hard working team members that put in countless hours to produce this fine game. The updated product that you are seeing now is a testament to their hard work. I congratulate them.

Pat

#3441 5 years ago

Wow, I don't think I can recall you ever posting here. That doesn't mean much though as there is a lot I cant recall. I can hardly wait till I can put a deposit on your up and coming game through JJP.

James

#3442 5 years ago

Hi Pat. I'm looking at a collectors quality Bansai Run. Is the new game your producing using the back box as a second playfield? Have to say BR is still a lot of fun to play, cant wait to sse what 10 years of thought will produce!

#3443 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The feedback loop is extremely important.

If this is so, then why suggested Jack that Lawlor's pin maybe won't be shown until it finished?
I read someone saying Jack told him this. Just curious.

#3444 5 years ago

I've never had the chance to greet you, Pat, so let me do so here. I am a great fan of your work and am delighted that you signed on with JJP. Wishing you and yours all the best.

#3445 5 years ago

I think TH will be a modders paradise. It's a great looking pin and the theme and content is very rich. I personally would like to see a Smaug with a neck along with a full back head. The flat back of the head and appearance the head just sits on top of a pile of gold looks odd to me. I never could conceive how the flat back of the head / mountain landscape was ever going to work. If a mountain would encompass that area it would cover Smaug's head. I'm just not sure what is going on there but it appears whatever they were doing they decided to scrap it and were left with the head the way it is now.

The water / barrels area seems it could receive more to make use of a very cool scene. The book / screen appears to interrupt that area. All things I think a good modder could make use of. I really feel if there are folks out there with the skill and time these things will be adjusted and the game will look even better.

The Hobbit is going to be a game you'll want in your line-up.

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

+1 when will the photo shoot images be released?

#3447 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

We all are...tomorrow is a big day. I hope at least.

So, how did that work out?

#3448 5 years ago

It's bizarre how many design items have been debated by this community as having questionable taste, and the arguably most creative animation (the troll cave bridge multiball clip) that was freaking awesome somehow went all the way to Peter Jackson and got cut. Not complaining - just makes you wonder what Jack and his team face in terms of final decisions.

#3449 5 years ago

I think it helps to keep the whole TH design process in perspective. It has been a long and arduous journey with a lot of challenges including the departure of J.B. and the multiple reboots following substantial criticism by the pinball community of earlier versions. But in the end, it appears this game will have a great chance, depending on its play, call outs, theme, code, and music. It's really hard to build a top five machine(ask Stern). But at least Jersy Jack is delivering quality games(see TBL). Only time will tell for TH, but that is ultimately the nature if this business.

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, how did that work out?

Like a lead balloon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Camano Island, WA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside