47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 201.
#3351 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Even if Rob left out every other word and spelled the remaining words backwards he would still have better grammar and sentence structure than Ek. Lol.

Tis is absultuly histerical!

#3352 9 years ago

Any videos posted showing the new playfield in action ?

#3353 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

"lol?" Are you a 16-year-old girl?

Anyone who cant lol (especially at themselves) has no place playing pinball

lolz

#3354 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Any videos posted showing the new playfield in action ?

yep, any new videos? would love to see it in play with the new PF

#3355 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, does this mean you still don't like me one iota?

Don't worry Rob Captain pin head always goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.

#3356 9 years ago

Whoops, I thought someone posted a video

#3357 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Don't worry Rob Captain pin head alway goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.

Don't worry Rob, Captain Pin Head always goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.

^^^ Fixed that for you. I'm not sure who you are referring to but quite a lot of folks think a tutor is in need

#3358 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

No. It's where I admonish your grammar; the end mark of punctuation goes inside the quotation marks. If you’re going to quote me, please show some deference to proper usage.

Quoted from ek77:

Don't worry Rob Captain pin head always goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Don't worry Rob, Captain Pin Head always goes to the grammar argument when his argument is weak.
^^^ Fixed that for you. I'm not sure who you are referring to but quite a lot of folks think a tutor is in need

If my count is right we're approaching something resembling the 2nd or 3rd level of grammar Inception?

#3359 9 years ago

Robin really should open a chatroom here on Pinside............

#3360 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Easy to do. Pinside live chat? Have him point DNS and me and i'll host it

#3361 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Easy to do. Pinside live chat? Have him point DNS and me and i'll host it

Alex, always to the rescue

Now please post that new TH SE video

#3362 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I said this years ago.

#3363 9 years ago

isn't that every JJP/Stern/FS/any thread gets turned into anyways?

#3364 9 years ago

Here, have a taste.

#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Here, have a taste.
» YouTube video

Looks like a silver ball rolling across different artwork... astounding how much better it is now.

#3366 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Looks like a silver ball rolling across different artwork... astounding how much better it is now.

Jack was very excited to say more to come . . .

#3367 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Looks always make a good impression... It's fun to watch though how the views on Pinside can swing as a game develops. I'm in on the game, and feel like the changes are an important step in the right direction. The old version looks really bad in comparison but it's impressive how quickly they reacted. The shots certainly aren't engineered like a Steve Richie game, but am hopeful that the rules, individual drops and great theme will add up to a fun game.

#3368 9 years ago

Just got back from 9 Hours of HOBBIT, The Movie was awesome but wow 9 hours, I just want my game NOW!

1215142152.jpg1215142152.jpg 1215142152a.jpg1215142152a.jpg
#3369 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

The Movie was awesome

More, please!

#3370 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Just got back from 9 Hours of HOBBIT, The Movie was awesome but wow 9 hours, I just want my game NOW!

Was it the standard editions or the extended cuts? That seems exhausting.

#3371 9 years ago

Dont want to spoil it for ya, You have to go see it. But it is Pretty darn good. BTW anyone who says Smaug has a small part is fooling themselves. He was in every movie and the entire story is about taking the Mountain back from him. I found it entertaining that there were people stating that the SE edition had to much Smaug when he only had a 15 minute part in the movie. Dont remember who that was that said it but I have to assume you didnt see 1 of the last 2 movies. The entire story line is based on Smaug taking the mountain and then the Dwarves stealing it back.

#3372 9 years ago

Standard in 3D

#3373 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Standard in 3D

Going in two days -- did you like the 3D?

#3374 9 years ago

Would have loved to catch all 3 movies in one shot, been working damn hard lately and I'm tired as hell. Would welcome the chance to sit down and rest for a while.

Too bad they did it on a Monday, regular people have jobs.

#3375 9 years ago

I tought it was a great movie. I love the 3D Then again I love everything in 3D thats why I got a 3D tv.lol

#3376 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Dont want to spoil it for ya, You have to go see it. But it is Pretty darn good. BTW anyone who says Smaug has a small part is fooling themselves. He was in every movie and the entire story is about taking the Mountain back from him. I found it entertaining that there were people stating that the SE edition had to much Smaug when he only had a 15 minute part in the movie. Dont remember who that was that said it but I have to assume you didnt see 1 of the last 2 movies. The entire story line is based on Smaug taking the mountain and then the Dwarves stealing it back.

It was me that said it. He's barely in the book, and if you look at the percentage that he's in the first two movies, it's barely anything. If he's in the third film for a long time, that's Peter "Smaug doesn't eat pinballs" Jackson's doing. The damn thing should have been dead already ten times over. I still stand by my original claim: It's called The Hobbit, not The Dragon. Too much Smaug!

#3377 9 years ago

Beelzeboob, so did you decide to go with the LE over the SE?

#3378 9 years ago

Absolutely. Not a doubt in my mind at all. It's the better looking machine IMHO. Bring on the thumbs-downers!

#3379 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was me that said it. He's barely in the book, and if you look at the percentage that he's in the first two movies, it's barely anything. If he's in the third film for a long time, that's Peter "Smaug doesn't eat pinballs" Jackson's doing. The damn thing should have been dead already ten times over. I still stand by my original claim: It's called The Hobbit, not The Dragon. Too much Smaug!

You may be right but, dragons are cool, the other characters not so much.

In the wild, a dragon will draw non-Hobbit fans to the machine, a midget with large hairy feet or a geriatric wizard with a large hat won't have the same draw.

#3380 9 years ago

It's the huge dragon in the middle of the playfield that put me over the edge. It's too redundant with the dragon on the SE. And the gold habitrails don't go as well with the color scheme IMO.

I LOVE dragons, believe me. And I hope they incorporate them into Game of Thrones as well when that's made. But they're a small part of that story, too, and shouldn't take up the whole machine.

#3381 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You may be right but, dragons are cool, the other characters not so much.
In the wild, a dragon will draw non-Hobbit fans to the machine, a midget with large hairy feet or a geriatric wizard with a large hat won't have the same draw.

Yeah but the sides are never even really seen, and the front of the LE is better looking with Gandalf and Gollum, the gold trim is nice but prefer the seaside bronze. I'm just glad we have options. Either way what a great looking pin.

#3382 9 years ago

I prefer the LE, too. I like the seaside bronze better than the gold, and I like the picture of the group of Dwarves on the left side of the LE.

--Luke

#3383 9 years ago

The Hobbit is shaping up to be a really nice looking game! Big improvement over what was shown at Expo. Can't wait to play one someday soon. Would be a difficult decision between LE/SE as well. I think I'd prefer having unique artwork on both sides and the seaside bronze, but the Smaug version looks much more menacing! I really don't think you can make a "wrong" choice either way.

#3384 9 years ago

I want to see Smaug interaction and by that obviously not physical interaction with the ball but following it around the playfield speaking at me, really haven't had anything like that since Rudy, I know there has been moving heads and figures that speak but the moving jaws and coolness of his voice seem to be neglected when taking in all the aspects of gameplay. Might not be full body or look as good as it should, personally it looks great to me, this could really be something special just want to see it action.

#3385 9 years ago

I know Im always the negative nelly here but Im not sure I like what I see. It doesn't look like much to me. What are your opinions now that the complete game has been revealed. Looks like a bare bones Stern to me

#3386 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I know Im always the negative nelly here but Im not sure I like what I see. It doesn't look like much to me. What are your opinions now that the complete game has been revealed. Looks like a bare bones Stern to me

Remember looks can be very deceiving, one look at AFM and you would never think its a great game, same with many others so toys, highly populated playfields with all kinds of extra crap do not guarantee a great playing pin, IM is pretty bare bones but fun as hell. I'm seeing something unique and interesting when I look at it, gameplay cannot be judged at this point and for me not till I get it home, so we are going strictly by cosmetics right now. The controlled drop targets and pop ups will allow for what I believe will be some great gameplay. Code will dictate whether this pin is a real winner or not, just can't see it being a dud but time will tell.

#3387 9 years ago

When I saw the first reveal of TH at expo I decided I was not interested. However, it is clearly improved so I am reconsidering. I need to see the finished product though and understand the rules. It seems to be shaping up nicely though and I am hoping JJP still has some surprises in store for us!

#3388 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, and where they need more Smaug, there isn't enough.... the actual toy, how ironic!

#3389 9 years ago

I'm not sure what kool-aid the guys that think the Smaug toy is 100% wonderful and are disagreeing with me are drinking, but I want some. Especially since I am buying this machine.

I agree the talking Smaug following your ball can and will be cool, but why wouldn't you want to see more of him to give the illusion of a complete dragon if it can be done without blocking the view or interfering with anything else.... baffling.

#3390 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Yes, and where they need more Smaug, there isn't enough.... the actual toy, how ironic!

That's Warner Brothers' fault. I'm not going to say too much, but there was a lot more that could have been done before the ideas were nixed by the studio (after a lot of $ spent on development). That's what happens when you play by the rules with licensing (unlike other companies). But it really sucks because it ties the creative hands of the developers. Even though I'm not remotely interested in JJP #3, I'm still anxious to see what they come up with when they're not creatively stifled. The Hobbit? More like The Hobble the way the studio has tried to cripple the project. (Did you see the cool animations that were nixed? Tragic...)

...and yes, I'm still getting one because it's still awesome!

#3391 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I'm not sure what kool-aid the guys that think the Smaug toy is 100% wonderful and are disagreeing with me are drinking, but I want some. Especially since I am buying this machine.
I agree the talking Smaug following your ball can and will be cool, but why wouldn't you want to see more of him to give the illusion of a complete dragon if it can be done without blocking the view or interfering with anything else.... baffling.

See above. Nothing JJP can do about it.

#3392 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I certainly don't disagree but what can we do about it? With all the other crap going on with boutique pins and TDWLE while a fantastically fun pin didn't blow me away in terms of toys and cosmetics I'm just happy its happening and regardless of Smaug's appearance the game looks beautiful if gameplay is on point then should be great.

#3393 9 years ago

WTF that we have to wait till the 26th of December to see this movie? The only Country to see it after us is Argentina!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2310332/releaseinfo

If it was Sony studios, at least we could read the leaked emails as to why it's around the rest of the world already, but they wait until after Christmas to show it in Australia.

Well done Pinister, my butt couldn't take 9 hours of movie seats!

#3394 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Surely someone will figure a way to remove the dwarf mountain plastics and make a dragon body instead. Too many smart guys on here not to come up with something.

#3395 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Surely someone will figure a way to remove the dwarf mountain plastics and make a dragon body instead. Too many smart guys on here not to come up with something.

That's crazy talk, there's no room to fit dragon body parts, this is a pinball machine we are talking about!

#3396 9 years ago

KC, I like it like it is, but you know someone will try something. It's the Pinsider way.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is decals of the dwarf mine behind Smaug and decals of the river scene behind the barrels on the backboard.

#3397 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Absolutely. Not a doubt in my mind at all. It's the better looking machine IMHO. Bring on the thumbs-downers!

I just requested a switch back to my original Hobbit LE order from my previously requested switch to the Smaug Gold SE. After seeing all the artwork revisions I feel that the Hobbit LE version with the new play field revisions best reflect the overall theme of the Hobbit trilogy.

#3398 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

KC, I like it like it is, but you know someone will try something. It's the Pinsider way.
What I wouldn't mind seeing is decals of the dwarf mine behind Smaug and decals of the river scene behind the barrels on the backboard.

My response to you was a play on what Jack had said, making it seem impossible to add body parts to smaug. I have no doubt pinsiders will mod that area in some way so it doesnt look like Smaug the Decapitated.

#3399 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

My response to you was a play on what Jack had said, making it seem impossible to add body parts to smaug. I have no doubt pinsiders will mod that area in some way so it doesnt look like Smaug the Decapitated.

It depends on how the head mech is coded. If it rotates 180 degrees on the final build, then adding a modded body or torso behind the head is silly. Who wants to see a Linda Blair exorcist Smaug with a backward head on his body? I know I don't. I trust the head is going to get integrated fine with proper lighting in that area, added teeth, lit up eyes & coded mechanics.

#3400 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

I just requested a switch back to my original Hobbit LE order from my previously requested switch to the Smaug Gold SE. After seeing all the artwork revisions I feel that the Hobbit LE version with the new play field revisions best reflect the overall theme of the Hobbit trilogy.

I've gone back and forth on this too. Right now I'm in for Smaug but the LE Armor looks nice....but the Smaug on the sides looks cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.