Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 201.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from vega:

What a shame

I find toppers way overrated. And they add nothing to gameplay. I will not miss a topper for TH

#3202 5 years ago

The Mod makers can't wait to get a hold of TH. There will be some really cool toppers.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I find toppers way overrated. And they add nothing to gameplay. I will not miss a topper for TH

I like toppers but I'd rather money be spent in the game itself than adding a topper if I had a choice. Plenty of cool aftermarket ones made for those that want them and this has endless possibilities for them

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

WOZ Raised the bar for all pinball manufacturers and boutique makers and to better it JJP had a lot of work to do.

replace woz with tbl and it makes sense, otherwise you are implying jack has no clue what he is doing. hopefully these changes will stop or slow the flow of cancellations for jjp.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

That would be a shame if they're really not planning to include different toppers with the LE and SE. Hard to imagine though that they won't at least sell a topper considering the nice ones on WOZ and their focus on other upgrades like the thick decals. Smaug is already a major feature so it would be nice to have a topper that pulls in other aspects of the story.

I would prefer that every minute and dollar that could go into a topper, go into the game instead. To me, the only benefit of including a topper would be that I could re-sell it to someone that needed one. As cool as I used to think toppers were years ago, I'm completely over them and don't need any new game to include one.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I like toppers but I'd rather money be spent in the game itself than adding a topper if I had a choice. Plenty of cool aftermarket ones made for those that want them and this has endless possibilities for them

I may be wrong but to me in looks they may have more money in WOZ than in TH...and WOZ got a topper...

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd also take game play any day over things you could add like toppers, shakers and powder coat but WOZ set the bar high for "standard equipment." And while I like and own a lot of aftermarket toppers, they rarely tie in as nice as the ones designed by the OEM's, e.g. WH2O, DW, TWD.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'd also take game play any day over things you could add like toppers, shakers and powder coat but WOZ set the bar high for "standard equipment." And while I like and own a lot of aftermarket toppers, they rarely tie in as nice as the ones designed by the OEM's, e.g. WH2O, DW, TWD.

Add D&D to that list.

#3209 5 years ago

I hope they have Smaug say "penguins" at least once.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

A claw, tail or something else to give the impression that the rest of the dragon is in the pinball machine somewhere would be nice

yes, this would be a great addition it still looks like a floating head, but a better floating head. Lets hope we get some claws arms or other dragon parts to make it feel like he is actually in the machine and not just Rudy dragon head.

#3211 5 years ago

The 4 pops up mechs should have been the tip of Smaug's tail. That way, he could have interacted with the ball and messed with you as you played.

#3212 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The 4 pops up mechs should have been the tip of Smaug's tail. That way, he could have interacted with the ball and messed with you as you played.

I could see that, or at least the 2 closer to the ramps where his tail might be if attached to that head Then they could just use the nicer looking spider and warg heads for the lower 2. That's brilliant.

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, this would be a great addition it still looks like a floating head, but a better floating head. Lets hope we get some claws arms or other dragon parts to make it feel like he is actually in the machine and not just Rudy dragon head.

This is the thing that still has me on the fence, also I think they took out the tail diverter. Love the look of the new head but it needs body parts. I didn't see anything listed in the upcoming list of features that say they are adding body parts. It would be nice if Jack would come on here and let us know.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I could see that, or at least the 2 closer to the ramps. Then they could just use the nicer looking spider and warg heads.

Perfect!

#3215 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I didn't see anything listed in the upcoming list of features that say they are adding body parts.

I do not think this is planned, but I would love to know what other molds are in the works for good old Smaug! everything is going in a good direction with this game just needs these final refinements. Has anyone heard if this is planned?

#3216 5 years ago

Is there going to be a difference between the SE / LE in price? and what are the differences other than the dragon head and the trim?

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Is there going to be a difference between the SE / LE in price? and what are the differences other than the dragon head and the trim?

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/themes/responsive-child/brochures/JJP_Hobbit_Flyer_SE.pdf

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home

#3218 5 years ago

Billy Boyd will sing the end credit song. I like the song and hope they have the rights to put it in the game, perhaps as victory song after wizard mode.

#t=142

#3219 5 years ago

thanks for the pdf link! I have to think this over now!

#3220 5 years ago

Yes. $8000 LE / $9000 SE I believe.

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Yes. $8000 LE / $9000 SE I believe.

No. $8500 LE / $9000 SE I believe.

#3222 5 years ago

Glad I pre-ordered.

#3223 5 years ago

I also pre-ordered, just have to make the decision on which to choose. Showed my wife the pdf's and she likes the Smaug SE better than the Hobbit LE.

#3224 5 years ago

Mine likes the LE side art better. I'm trying to change her mind.

#3225 5 years ago

Except you are running out of time to get the SE. Won't be sold past the end of the month. Whatever is on order is what gets made.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Showed my wife the pdf's and she likes the Smaug SE better than the Hobbit LE.

Same here

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Except you are running out of time to get the SE. Won't be sold past the end of the month. Whatever is on order is what gets made.

The end of WHAT month? I thought it was the end of December...

#3228 5 years ago

Per email from Jen-

As a reminder, customers who currently have a Hobbit™ LE on order have until December 31st to decide if they would like to switch to a Smaug™ Gold. An LE can only be switched to an SE if a minimum of $4000 has been received from the customer or from the customer's distributor by 12/31/14. After this date, no new orders for Smaug™ Gold will be accepted.

#3229 5 years ago

Yeah, looks like end of december. Ill be making my decision by next week

#3231 5 years ago

A $700 30 pound solid chunk of polystone perched precariously on top of my $9000 pinball machine, YIKES!

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The end of WHAT month? I thought it was the end of December...

End of December.

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Billy Boyd will sing the end credit song. I like the song and hope they have the rights to put it in the game, perhaps as victory song after wizard mode.
» YouTube video

This song was pretty awesome.

You know the last hobbit movie didn't have a powerful song in it. Every LOTR and the first hobbit all had that powerful moving song in them. 2nd hobbit movie did not.

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This song was pretty awesome.
You know the last hobbit movie didn't have a powerful song in it. Every LOTR and the first hobbit all had that powerful moving song in them. 2nd hobbit movie did not.

Too busy with slapstick barrel riding and non-canon romancing to have time for actual cinematics I suppose...

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Too busy with slapstick barrel riding and non-canon romancing to have time for actual cinematics I suppose...

lets not forget over the top battle sequences for legolas for no reason. He went a little too much in the last one. Even bugged me when it would do it once for each movie in LOTR. This last one I think he had 5 moments of ridiculous legolas fight scenes.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The barrel scene was one of the best parts.

#3237 5 years ago

The barrel scene was one of the best parts.

True in some respects, but out of place. It was clear pandering to a blockbuster wanting crowd. The movies would have been much better if they kept a little more to the subject material of the books as written and less to the "how can we make the most awesome action scene in history" philosophy.

The magic could have been in the Tolkien world immersion, instead I felt yanked out of the moment by the over the top nature of the barrel scene.

#3238 5 years ago

a) the barrel escape was actually one of the few parts of the movie that was in the book also.
b) if you are annoyed because a movie filled with dwarves elves and hobbits fighting a dragon has an over the top barrel escape, you are the problem. Not the movie.

Part of the reason this thread is filled with tons of nitpicks is from people who focus on one small detail that may bother them but the vast majority of people has no problem with. Just bogging down production.

#3239 5 years ago

Ah yes. IM's toys are junk compared to the Vengeance. Did you not ready my list?

Monger rising up out of nowhere is junk? Balrog in LOTR is better than anything on any late model Stern, with the possible exception of Sparky. AND lotr has the magnetic ring, which is probably the coolest magnet implementation ever.

I have no problem with the whole Vengence experience, but let's keep it real, shall we?

#3240 5 years ago

Coolest magnet use of the older games is on ToM.

#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I finally had the chance to play TWD yesterday. Played it for over an hour.
I'm afraid that I will now be referring to that game as The Walking Dud.
That was the least fun pin that I have played in a very long time. The layout is terrible. The ball exiting the pops caused a SDTM drain about a third of the time. The prison magnet is stupid. I got several SDTM drains from the magnet releasing the ball. Ball is in the pops far too much. Theme implementation is absolutely horrible.
I'm so glad that I backed out of my preorder on this. Ugh.
Just my opinion so take it easy.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Can't beat the old Williams/Bally/Data East/Capcom games.

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Monger rising up out of nowhere is junk? Balrog in LOTR is better than anything on any late model Stern, with the possible exception of Sparky. AND lotr has the magnetic ring, which is probably the coolest magnet implementation ever.
I have no problem with the whole Vengence experience, but let's keep it real, shall we?

Stern was smart to release IM VE before TWD, TWD beats up IM pretty good. Listen I love IM and have owned it more than once, was going to get VE but really glad I held off as TWD is a much better game. IronMonger is cool but next Vengeance nothing special at all.

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Stern was smart to release IM VE before TWD, TWD beats up IM pretty good. Listen I love IM and have owned it more than once, was going to get VE but really glad I held off as TWD is a much better game. IronMonger is cool but next Vengeance nothing special at all.

LOL!

#3244 5 years ago

What do you know? You like the family guy. That's funny, well its not funny but thinking its funny is funny. I like IM too.

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Keeping it VERY real. Those toys are not as interactive at the Vengeance. READ MY LIST.

End Of Line.

#3246 5 years ago

Alternative Smaug cabinet art for one side?

87327.jpg

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Per email from Jen-
As a reminder, customers who currently have a Hobbit™ LE on order have until December 31st to decide if they would like to switch to a Smaug™ Gold. An LE can only be switched to an SE if a minimum of $4000 has been received from the customer or from the customer's distributor by 12/31/14. After this date, no new orders for Smaug™ Gold will be accepted.

Don't worry if you miss out on the Gold SE version. In three years you'll probably be able to get the 80th anniversary THLE with real gold body armor and extra bling. Not that I'm still bitter about the Ruby Red edition - nope - not bitter at all.

#3248 5 years ago

Does anyone know what "Beast GI Lighting" mean?
I have the hope that the White GI will be changed to RGB GI.
IMO the white GI is to cold and will cost a lot of the atmosphere...

#3249 5 years ago

I think the beast GI lighting is for the 4 popups

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I think the beast GI lighting is for the 4 popups

That's what I thought. Maybe they're lit from underneath when they pop up.

--Luke

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 21.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside